cleric build

Options
13»

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    *Facepalm* And you can have base DEX around 50 to 60 given for more crit %. Maybe I should go away from incompetent gamers like you. Sheesh, I know tweakz is a fail but you're making yourself look even more foolish than him.

Yep, 2 or 3 more crit is clearly game-changing. You haven't changed, yulk. Glad to see you're still trolling. b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    If you're dying 80,000 times a run you are irresponsible. It's unethical to impose your fail on a squad. It's your responsibility to properly equip: not gimp your ability simply to survive something you aren't ready to pull your weight in.

My barb can't properly handle RB wave 3. Should I join wave 3 squads with it and hope there's some OP toons that can make up for the fail? -No. I don't f'k over other people and I don't expect it to be tolerated from others.

Ever wondered why everyone has said you're a fail? b:cute
    Insanity b:thanks
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Xia, I am guessing veno is your main... typical... I guess you know nothing about ornaments... b:surrender
    Heals don't crit.

We all know that... LA is meant for dealing damage based on crits... NOT crit heals =_=.... I give up, *leaves thread*

My cleric as well is pure magic for a reason... To heal, and no I barely die at all. Die on a cleric? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Heal aggro noobs... Learn when to heal please...
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    We all know that... LA is meant for dealing damage based on crits... NOT crit heals =_=.... I give up, *leaves thread*

If you're using LA to be a metal mage based on crits, you're doing it wrong. Most people I know who use LA use it for survival. They don't like the defense limitations of Arcane Armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Xainou, I am guessing veno is your main... typical... I guess you know nothing about ornaments... b:surrender

Wrong. My Veno is one of my many chars, one of them being a cleric well past 100. A pure arcane cleric having 12% crit just from r8 + rings. What on earth would I need LA for to gimp my magic? C'mon, make sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If you're using LA to be a metal mage based on crits, you're doing it wrong. Most people I know who use LA use it for survival. They don't like the defense limitations of Arcane Armor.

And most using it for survival are ignorant of vit's superiority (while still being fail). The only reason to use LA is account stash.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    And most using it for survival are ignorant of vit's superiority (while still being fail). The only reason to use LA is account stash.

I've only known one good LA cleric....its as experimental as HA IMHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • gempriestess
    gempriestess Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Someone recently pointed out that there really are no magical mobs until 40+ and suggested adding the 40ish strength you'll need for endgame equipment in the first 10 levels and wear HA. I thought that was smart and I may make a dummy character just to try it out.

I'm of the opinion that pure cleric's have both stronger attacks and more survivability than hybrid clerics. I've gone into it in other threads and you can use the search function if you'd like the debates, but basically 1 magic point gives more magic defenses than 1 vit point, so a pure cleric will have higher mdef, they will have more mp for their plume shell (a shield that uses mana to absorb physical damage), and they will have stronger heals. If you can survive being attacked for 3 seconds a good strong IH will keep you alive, while with a weaker IH you'll have to cast it multiple times. Often in 2 cleric squads I've had to save a vit cleric who's heals weren't stronger enough to keep it alive while mine were stronger enough to tank the mobs, attack back, and heal the other cleric. But to be fair I've seen pure clerics get stomped and the vit cleric have enough hp to survive and rescue.

After level 40 alot of mobs will range attack if you range attack, but if you go in close they switch to melee. Because of this we take alot more magic attacks than we do melee attacks, so a vit build will lose more hp.

Endgame, vit is basically worthless. Once your gear is refined and sharded vitality accounts for almost nothing. I think 150 vit is something like 12% more hp, while 50 vit would be about 4% of you total hp but you'd be missing 33% of a weapon multiplier for healing and attacking. My opinion is eventually it should be restat to 3 vitality.

So, suggesting a hybrid build. 4 magic 1 str even levels, 4 magic 1 vit odd levels. Don't go above 53 vit so that later you can pay for only one restat note to remove 50 vit. Another good way is to just add vit when you are feeling short on hp or overly squishy, but it's also good to learn to handle situations with shields and seals instead of using vitality as a crutch to avoid actually learning to play your class. Also, don't neglect refining your gear. Your armor if you're squishy, or your weapon will need higher refines if you are adding vit.

made alot of sense. my build with a cleric is usually every odd level 4 mag 1 str. every even lvl 3 mag 1 str 1 vit. i have a lvl 37 cleric now, and so far been doing quest and bosses alone. *dont ask how* it works however. i do kind of feel mooshy about my hp, as some attacks are relentless, but i have a pretty strong IH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ===============================
    Ai wa sono sofuto to rippana, mizu no yōna monodesu. Nikushimi wa, iwa no yō ni tafu de ryūki sonodesu. Hotondo nani mo mizu ga iwa o yaburu koto ga dekinai. Nani mo nikushimi o toppamasenga, aisuru koto ga dekiru.
    ===============================
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just because as a cleric you can raise the dead doesn't mean you should.

*1shots thread and PKs the cleric too to make sure it stays dead*
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.