cleric build

Options
protolo123
protolo123 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Cleric
need a hybrid build and im confused i want to hit hard but also live long enough to heal because a dead cleric heals nobody.can any one give me a build
Post edited by protolo123 on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    What's your budget?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • protolo123
    edited July 2012
    Options
    no i meant hybrid and my budget is great 10-20 cuz im 16 and i have a part time
    but i just want a hybrid
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Equips are just for decor.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    well tbh you really cant get the best of two worlds. What your asking for is a build that costs alot of money. Thats why someone asked you whats your budget.

a real hybrid = you hit mediocre and you survive decently

whats your priority, healing or going solo and attacking? Cause if your going to do dailies with groups then you wont be attacking much if at all so better focus on surviving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I assume you mean 10-20m, but 10-20m isn't gonna get you too far.

This is a modified version of the build a couple friends of mine have for their cleric: http://pwcalc.com/0f06317a6316e8ae You can try doing something like that, I guess. Get the +5s from event gold, btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Someone recently pointed out that there really are no magical mobs until 40+ and suggested adding the 40ish strength you'll need for endgame equipment in the first 10 levels and wear HA. I thought that was smart and I may make a dummy character just to try it out.

I'm of the opinion that pure cleric's have both stronger attacks and more survivability than hybrid clerics. I've gone into it in other threads and you can use the search function if you'd like the debates, but basically 1 magic point gives more magic defenses than 1 vit point, so a pure cleric will have higher mdef, they will have more mp for their plume shell (a shield that uses mana to absorb physical damage), and they will have stronger heals. If you can survive being attacked for 3 seconds a good strong IH will keep you alive, while with a weaker IH you'll have to cast it multiple times. Often in 2 cleric squads I've had to save a vit cleric who's heals weren't stronger enough to keep it alive while mine were stronger enough to tank the mobs, attack back, and heal the other cleric. But to be fair I've seen pure clerics get stomped and the vit cleric have enough hp to survive and rescue.

After level 40 alot of mobs will range attack if you range attack, but if you go in close they switch to melee. Because of this we take alot more magic attacks than we do melee attacks, so a vit build will lose more hp.

Endgame, vit is basically worthless. Once your gear is refined and sharded vitality accounts for almost nothing. I think 150 vit is something like 12% more hp, while 50 vit would be about 4% of you total hp but you'd be missing 33% of a weapon multiplier for healing and attacking. My opinion is eventually it should be restat to 3 vitality.

So, suggesting a hybrid build. 4 magic 1 str even levels, 4 magic 1 vit odd levels. Don't go above 53 vit so that later you can pay for only one restat note to remove 50 vit. Another good way is to just add vit when you are feeling short on hp or overly squishy, but it's also good to learn to handle situations with shields and seals instead of using vitality as a crutch to avoid actually learning to play your class. Also, don't neglect refining your gear. Your armor if you're squishy, or your weapon will need higher refines if you are adding vit.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • protolo123
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ok well thank you and i thought about it ill go with the pure mag cleric and use the armor refines to get more vit
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    On 1 level I build 1 strength, 2 mag, 2 vit.

On the other level, I add 2 vit, 3 mag.

You should end up at lvl 100 with around 150 base vit. And I had no problem doing quests alone as well as tanking bosses :)

*The catch is you would hit 1k5 - 2k less damage than pure mag cleric.
    Insanity b:thanks
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    On 1 level I build 1 strength, 2 mag, 2 vit.

On the other level, I add 2 vit, 3 mag.

You should end up at lvl 100 with around 150 base vit. And I had no problem doing quests alone as well as tanking bosses :)

*The catch is you would hit 1k5 - 2k less damage than pure mag cleric.

You'd heal that much less, too.

And not enough magic to use a current weapon in that build either. (3 mag per level req)
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You'd heal that much less, too.

And not enough magic to use a current weapon in that build either. (3 mag per level req)

Not really THAT much less. Heals don't have to go through resistances like attacks do. But yeah can't really afford to stat more than 3 vit per 10 lvls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Not really THAT much less. Heals don't have to go through resistances like attacks do. But yeah can't really afford to stat more than 3 vit per 10 lvls.

Wouldn't not being reduced by resistances make the difference more noticable when healing than attacking? For instance if a cleric has a magic attack of 8k-12k (average 10k) or 6-10k because of vit build (average 8k) and the attacks are reduced 70% thats a difference of 2k times .3=600 damage when attacking. But as you pointed out heals aren't reduced you'd notice the full 2k difference when healing.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Wouldn't not being reduced by resistances make the difference more noticable when healing than attacking? For instance if a cleric has a magic attack of 8k-12k (average 10k) or 6-10k because of vit build (average 8k) and the attacks are reduced 70% thats a difference of 2k times .3=600 damage when attacking. But as you pointed out heals aren't reduced you'd notice the full 2k difference when healing.

Both, i have a vit cleric and pure magic one and yes i see a big diffrence on the attack and the heal (every heal skill including BB are base on the magic attack, low attack= low heal), but a good skilled cleric will be able to keep his squad alive even if he's vit cleric, + in Tw vit cleric> pure magic cleric, yes the pure magic one heal are stronger, but a dead cleric can't heal.

For PvE i personnally prefer pure magic cleric (if they can afford the refine and shard to survive ofc), but in PvP and TW vit cleric FTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • thumbs
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The not being able to afford it card doesn't work.

You take 1-2 more hits to kill each mob. -That translates into slower gains, and higher costs.

Your BB isn't sufficient in your RB BH; more time wasted, more loss, higher costs.

You stack IHs when 1 could be sufficient, and seals could be used; Higher costs, slower gains.

All the time saved on being pure can be used to shop / sell better.

The poor stay poor.
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

Only if you do your catshopping on your main. But what kind of amateur merchant does that? If you're serious about merching it's something you do while you play your actual playable characters, and the time you spend playing them is irrelevant to your profits. The catshop only technically needs to be level 10, for accessing the cash shop; 40, if you want to park it in the cube and merch golden boxes or pages.
  • wampirewoman
    wampirewoman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    +1 to Xx_BeLLa_xX

most important for cleric is to stay alive
    and i totally support a part vit cleric till he/she can afford better refines and close to end game gear
    a cleric is more about skills and even without pure magic ( if that person really knows how to play ) can keep any squad alive in any place

and don't give as examples where a player dies in 2 shots in aba or seat or from a few mobs in gv .... cos there is no way to blame the cleric ... that person must improve his/her gear
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Your BB isn't sufficient in your RB BH; more time wasted, more loss, higher costs.

You stack IHs when 1 could be sufficient, and seals could be used; Higher costs, slower gains.

1) Aren't you the same person that insists on not doing spawn point delta in another thread. You're the one costing the squad valuable time. Having to pot during delta because the cleric's BB is not strong enough doesn't add any time to the instance. You still have to wait the same amount of time between waves and the mobs will get to you when they get to you. If you're not a strong enough DD to kill the mobs quickly, that isn't the clerics fault.

2) You don't need to stack IHs to heal a small amount of damage on a vit cleric. If you're referring to some clerics overhealing, that's a user problem and not a build problem. Heals don't go off without your input just because you stat vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited July 2012
    Options

If someone want to be pure magic it's a personnal choice but these people need to keep in mind that they will need more refine and shard to have a decent hp, how many cleric lvl100+ i see pure magic with less than 4k hp and less than 2k p.def and yes maybe for mobs quests its fine but for boss and instance it's not enough, plus the majority of pure magic have the bad habit to use elemental ornement for get -12chan more, but they die all the time cause no survivability. So yes someone poor should put some points in vit.

You take 1-2 more hits to kill each mob. -That translates into slower gains, and higher costs.

I'm cleric the only mobs i kill is GBQ which anyway i don't do for the ''gain'', when i'm in a squad i heal/debuff and all that thing.

Wanna know how many cleric i see die in GV cause no defense and hp? I did bh GV and the cleric had 4.xk hp and something like 2.xk p.def buffed, that was spawn and if you done it before you know that at some point there 3 mobs spawn behind, the cleric die in BB for 3 mobs and blame everyone in squad, when someone pointed her low hp/def she rage quit. (funny thing is we was able finish the bh without cleric muhahaha)

You know that nvm the build stats all clerics have the same skills right? Vit cleric can seal too not just pure magic...

Do you know how many time more a pure magic need to work to lvl up cause die often? Some wont even go for 101+ cause they die constantly cause no def.

The poor stay poor.

Cute PvE thing you write here, now can you tell me the advantage of pure magic in PvP in TW beside be one shot by R9 archer ofc and also unable survive to a sin.

Yes it's true its more fast to do mobs quests on my pure magic (i don't remember last time i did but ye...) it's as fast as i die in TW. (and yes i admit that my pure magic is weak in PvP and TW.)

Yes its a bit more slow to kill mobs on my vit cleric, but like i said previously i don't mobs quests and that take way much more than a R9 archer and one sin to kill me in TW and PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• thumbs
    edited July 2012
    Options
    +1 to Xx_BeLLa_xX

most important for cleric is to stay alive

Cleric stays alive by keeping squad alive. If cleric or any class isn't geared for something: they shouldn't go.
    and i totally support a part vit cleric till he/she can afford better refines and close to end game gear

You never played a wiz in RB with a vit cleric, or were you ignorant to the difference?
    a cleric is more about skills and even without pure magic ( if that person really knows how to play ) can keep any squad alive in any place

-Now that's just straight up nonsense.
    1) Aren't you the same person that insists on not doing spawn point delta in another thread.

No; sounds like a baseless personal attack.
    Cute PvE thing you write here, now can you tell me the advantage of pure magic in PvP in TW beside be one shot by R9 archer ofc and also unable survive to a sin.

Yes it's true its more fast to do mobs quests on my pure magic (i don't remember last time i did but ye...) it's as fast as i die in TW. (and yes i admit that my pure magic is weak in PvP and TW.)

Yes its a bit more slow to kill mobs on my vit cleric, but like i said previously i don't mobs quests and that take way much more than a R9 archer and one sin to kill me in TW and PvP.

I skipped all the harsh colored text. It's worth learning how to quote properly.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Cleric stays alive by keeping squad alive. If cleric or any class isn't geared for something: they shouldn't go.

You never played a wiz in RB with a vit cleric, or were you ignorant to the difference?

Cleric should be able to stay alive even when the squad screws up and can't keep the cleric alive.

Want to explain how I just did a full delta at spawn last night with a vit cleric, a wizard, a barb, a seeker, me and a bm then? Especially when the seeker DC a few times and the wizard had to handle the mobs at several points? I don't know maybe it this thing called coordination and team work. Maybe because BB reduces 50% of the dmg you take regardless of build. Maybe because the vit cleric had a good weapon instead of the morai weapon you keep trying to act like all vit clerics use.

So you didn't make a thread entitled "how to respond to fails that request spawnpoint RB BH?" And you didn't go on about how only certain people can do the RB BH at spawn point otherwise they are all just trying to mooch off you. Must be a different thumbs with the same name, post count, and join date as you, my bad. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17236801#post17236801

If someone want to be pure magic it's a personnal choice but these people need to keep in mind that they will need more refine and shard to have a decent hp, how many cleric lvl100+ i see pure magic with less than 4k hp and less than 2k p.def and yes maybe for mobs quests its fine but for boss and instance it's not enough, plus the majority of pure magic have the bad habit to use elemental ornement for get -12chan more, but they die all the time cause no survivability. So yes someone poor should put some points in vit.

I'm cleric the only mobs i kill is GBQ which anyway i don't do for the ''gain'', when i'm in a squad i heal/debuff and all that thing.

Wanna know how many cleric i see die in GV cause no defense and hp? I did bh GV and the cleric had 4.xk hp and something like 2.xk p.def buffed, that was spawn and if you done it before you know that at some point there 3 mobs spawn behind, the cleric die in BB for 3 mobs and blame everyone in squad, when someone pointed her low hp/def she rage quit. (funny thing is we was able finish the bh without cleric muhahaha)

You know that nvm the build stats all clerics have the same skills right? Vit cleric can seal too not just pure magic...

Do you know how many time more a pure magic need to work to lvl up cause die often? Some wont even go for 101+ cause they die constantly cause no def.

Fixed it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • wampirewoman
    edited July 2012
    Options
    to thumbs :

let's make it easier .... i have no clue from what point of view are u talking
    i can say i was a vit cleric cos i used to have tt 70 tt 90 tt 99 and r8
    after i switched to r9 and i went on pure just cos i had enough to get full r9 and refines

if u really know how to play this class and if u do it for a while u can do it with vit build and also on pure magic

yes on vit build the heals are a bit weaker but a cleric ( not talking about those that did sfc from 1 to 101 ) can do a very good job also

and to make it even easier.... i could complete a full gv with lunar weapon +5 and vit build and i can do it now also

and i know many vit build clerics that do a very good job in pve in pvp and tw also

credit card or r9 +12 is not all
    edited July 2012
    Options

I skipped all the harsh colored text. It's worth learning how to quote properly.

1-If a cleric have **** survivability the rest of the squad cannot do nothing about it, You that some boss AOE everyone in the squad? Not all boss are just about heal a tank with IH.

2-I know that wasn't for me, but i did a GV on my wizz with a pure magic cleric and the cleric die from 2 mobs and rage quit blaming everyone, i'm sorry but if a cleric in BB cannot survive 2 mobs he should add some points in vit, a dead cleric cannot heal ijs.

3-Well sorry i didn't know that you can't read on other colors, but no worry with a bit of motivation and intelligence you should be able to learn to read a text in red and if you are really lucky and smart you might be able read blue, yellow, purple and other color too. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• wampirewoman
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle
    meanie bella on point 3
  • thumbs
    edited July 2012
    Options
    1-If a cleric have **** survivability the rest of the squad cannot do nothing about it,

Same for any other class; why give cleric free pass?
    You that some boss AOE everyone in the squad?

Clearly not your first language is it?
    Not all boss are just about heal a tank with IH.

I think the argument was more along the lines of whether fail build is sufficient or not, and didn't specify certain instances.
    2-I know that wasn't for me, but i did a GV on my wizz with a pure magic cleric and the cleric die from 2 mobs and rage quit blaming everyone, i'm sorry but if a cleric in BB cannot survive 2 mobs he should add some points in vit, a dead cleric cannot heal ijs.

ffs: there is no GV in PWI. There is no decent cleric that gets 2 shot by mobs in RB. Vit is not the solution: they failed at proper equips.
    3-Well sorry i didn't know that you can't read on other colors, but no worry with a bit of motivation and intelligence you should be able to learn to read a text in red and if you are really lucky and smart you might be able read blue, yellow, purple and other color too. b:pleased

Learn some respect.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i'm sorry but if a cleric in BB cannot survive 2 mobs he should add some points in vit, a dead cleric cannot heal ijs.

I'd change that to "refine their gear" or just reconsider the gear choices they've made. You shouldn't have to decrease how well you heal and perform as a cleric in order to increase your hp.

Learn some respect.

Oh, the irony of this comment...
  • wampirewoman
    edited July 2012
    Options

in the end .... dude or you are a very bad trol ( if u intend that u need to learn much more ) or u have no clue what are u talking about
    take care of your precious wizzie and please don't waste our time with nothing interesting to say
  • thumbs
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'd change that to "refine their gear" or just reconsider the gear choices they've made. You shouldn't have to decrease how well you heal and perform as a cleric in order to increase your hp.

^^ How many times we see vit clerics with elemental ornaments or they're too f'n cheap to get a cheapo (and resellable) sky demons pearl? 10HP per vit is a joke. The poor stay poor.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My points is many pure magic cannot afford many refines and shard, look like poor people want to be pure magic, so if someone can't have the money to get a decent survivability with refines and shards he should maybe think to put some points in vit and if later the person can refine and shard to get a decent survivability than they can reset the points if they want.

@Thumbs: how many time you played a pure magic cleric in TW/PvP? Maybe on your server ALL clerics are rich and R9+12, but on HL we don't have a lot of R9 and majority of them don't even know how to play a cleric (one of them was shard in sapphire in the gears if that can give you a idea how HL clerics are), i have 2 clerics like i said previously, both using same gears since on same account and i never had problem to keep squad alive in any instance on my vit cleric.

I got bored and started a Wizz, well let me tell you that clerics on HL are so bad and so weak that i die more than 20 times a day (that was with hp plat charm just saying), i had 5.5k hp+ unbuffed and 8k p.def+ selfbuffed so i didn't had **** survivability, on my cleric i keep wizz with 4.xk hp alive (i can tell that the majority of wizz on my server have around 4.xk hp), i stopped play wizz cause majority of clerics are bad and weak, i play now mystic cause at least i can heal myself when the cleric die.

2 reasons for it:

First they was too weak to survive to the AOE of the boss so they die, than no heal the rest of the squad die (the boss in caster before the last one is a great exemple, 8 squads on 10 i do that boss, clerics die there).

Second reason since they are full magic they act as metal mage and DD beside heal and prefer let the squad die than heal just to show off that they have a good DD, i never saw a vit cleric DD beside heal cause at least they know they are cleric not metal wizz.

Still think vit cleric suck? Let me tell you that i was on one of the biggest TW faction and that people wanted my vit cleric TT99 weapon over R9 pure magic clerics, cause i know how to play my class.

Majority of pure magic don't go pure for more healing, they go pure for DD more, they didn't understand yet that a cleric job is to keep the squad alive first and its more the pure magic that use elemental neck/belt cause they want more chan for more power.

I think HL clerics (and other class) are completely **** compare to other server for gears, they prefer have 30 sets of fash in black and white than spend money on gears.
    Unfortunately on HL many clerics are girls and think they playing with dolls spending time money on fash beside get gears and skills.

English is not my primary language, but at least i force myself to write it the best i can, yes i make typo, can forget a word, but i don't force you to read my posts.

If you want people to respect you, you should maybe respect them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

I have 12k mag. attack and I have completely no problem at all in keeping my squad alive.

- A vit build cleric.
    Insanity b:thanks
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I have 12k mag. attack and I have completely no problem at all in keeping my squad alive.

- A vit build cleric.

Yet we can't take a statement like this credibly. Most of us have been in those squads where Cleric is in BB, squad is in BB, and yet toons still die. Anyone making statements like this are clearly ignorant.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I think HL clerics (and other class) are completely **** compare to other server for gears, they prefer have 30 sets of fash in black and white than spend money on gears.
    Unfortunately on HL many clerics are girls and think they playing with dolls spending time money on fash beside get gears and skills.

But looking good is just as important as playing well. b:victory

Also, guys, please stop replying to tweakz/thumbs. Just leave a warning to forum newbies that no one takes him seriously because of...well, stupidity like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

This discussion has been closed.