Omg Nation Wars = Best Thing Ever In Pwi

Comments

• Sheogorath - Momaganon
    Sheogorath - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My level 83 barb got 83 tokens on Friday with 3k contribution in the team that tied for 3rd place.

The same barb today (Sunday) got 61 tokens for 5k contribution in the team that got last place.

I made 80+ mil in 4 hours of fun on my noobish barb. I am very happy
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whaaaaaaa? I didn't realize that was you. b:chuckle

Yup it's me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was very happy. My level 61 wiz managed to actually kill two people b:pleased Which consider the level of most people in there I thought was damn good. And I ended up with 28 tokens. The most important thing I had a ton of fun. Looking forward to it next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My level 83 barb got 83 tokens on Friday with 3k contribution in the team that tied for 3rd place.

The same barb today (Sunday) got 61 tokens for 5k contribution in the team that got last place.

I made 80+ mil in 4 hours of fun on my noobish barb. I am very happy

My bm made 5k on both wars. Got 97 and 67 b:cry. My faction was last as usual. People in other factions that won got 2x my reward, so there is hope for us b:victory.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't have fun when I'm getting at best 3-4 shot killed. I got only 17 tokens this time, last time I got 117.
    So, me, who needs Raptures, got only 17 of them, and R9, who already have ton's of coins, got at least 300-400 of them.
    So in a few weeks/months, R9's will have enough for their Stage 3 R9, they will buy +12 and end-game shards and then I'll just be happy if I get 1 or 2 tokens b:laugh

Nirvana gear won't be enough anymore, not for PVP, and Nation Wars is PVP.

Yeah the R9 people where pretty much impossible to kill with my R8 bow. I tried to stay with group's of people and just tried to stun and bind them so the other people could kill them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • darkfaerie20
    darkfaerie20 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had few people telling me they didn't get any tokens after playing 2 hours of Nation Wars. I'm just wondering, how to earn some? From killing players or something else? They had about 7k personal points but didn't earn any rewards after that. They did check their mailboxes during and after midnight though.

I don't know how I earned tokens for the first and second Nation Wars. What I know is I killed a few people. Just want someone to confirm how to earn some and if it is from killing people.

Thanks.

b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had few people telling me they didn't get any tokens after playing 2 hours of Nation Wars. I'm just wondering, how to earn some? From killing players or something else? They had about 7k personal points but didn't earn any rewards after that. They did check their mailboxes during and after midnight though.

I don't know how I earned tokens for the first and second Nation Wars. What I know is I killed a few people. Just want someone to confirm how to earn some and if it is from killing people.

Thanks.

after the nw wars is completed check a halv a hour and all shoudl get a mail with r without reward
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012

Thanks.

Moved this to the main thread about it.... And yeah, it all depends on which nation you were in. It also seems to depend on what you were doing. I had more contribution in my nation than a friend of mine (who was in a different nation) on HT, but he got 14 tokens whereas I got none. I think it was because I managed to get locked in for a while and could basically just flag walk or afk. While he got his contribution mostly by hitting people. Protecting flag captures I think also might play a role. I really don't know but these all seem to be factor. Everyone is just learning so it may take some time to figure out. :)

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Thanks.

The mail with the reward can (but does not always) take a while to arrive.

You need at least 2000 points to get anything (this is looking at averages between people who go low rewards and people who got nothing).

Points are based on being in an area that was conquered by your nation, capturing flags, killing people and, what seems to be the biggest factor, the amount of damage you deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NYRRAYN - Lost City
    NYRRAYN - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    question...i got my rewards just after NW but said that i would be getting something in the mail at 12am too, i had like 3k contribution...am a little confused still, as all i got supply tokens or was it something more?
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    question...i got my rewards just after NW but said that i would be getting something in the mail at 12am too, i had like 3k contribution...am a little confused still, as all i got supply tokens or was it something more?

You use the supply tokens at the new forge (military token exchange) to turn them into various things. It's the contemplation forge in N. Archo.

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012

With that they just mean that the mail containing the supply tokens will arrive at midnight at the very latest. There is nothing more to it, you just got them early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NYRRAYN - Lost City
    NYRRAYN - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thank you Venus :D im sure once we all get into the swing of NW itll become easier :D. Also was wondering if there could be another area set up with new NW forges as north arch is lagged to hell i saw so many people dc before during and after NW, it was crazy on LC
  • darkfaerie20
    darkfaerie20 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Overall, I had a fun time, dying and killing players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To all those wondering about contribution etc; Larkray from Dreamweaver posted a thread called Nation Wars that explains it pretty well. Like they said; this is not just a PvP instance; it's 'capture the flag". You have to get the flag to your base the most times; you just kill people along the way who try and steal your flag:) I think that's how you can get more contribution by helping do that. Anyhow, the thread explains it much more in depth than me:)

FYI; I love this feature; it's the most fun I've had on here in a long time!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this guide teaches u everything u need to knowb:victory

first thing for this guid is

DONT COME WITH YOUR
    ALTS

(as they block lands when u dont play them and as it lowers the reward for all, u prolly wont get much reward on ur alt that its worth it)

2nd thing for this guide

FOCUS THE GUY WITH THE
    FLAG

i noticed alot of people do unnecessary fights like 5 people focus a random barb while the bm runs with the flag... brainless
  • zenkanotachi
    zenkanotachi Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 on strategic insights
    -1 on completely blinding me there for a minute x.x
  • Nidomi - Lost City
    Nidomi - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this guide teaches u everything u need to knowb:victory

first thing for this guid is

DONT COME WITH YOUR
    ALTS

(as they block lands when u dont play them and as it lowers the reward for all, u prolly wont get much reward on ur alt that its worth it)

2nd thing for this guide

FOCUS THE GUY WITH THE
    FLAG

i noticed alot of people do unnecessary fights like 5 people focus a random barb while the bm runs with the flag... brainless

ikr. im a wizzy, not carrying the flag, yet IM the target of gank b:chuckleb:byeb:surrender
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also if you want to be a flag bearer please bring charger orbs.
    b:angry

One orb gets you 2/3s or more of the way there fast!
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also if you want to be a flag bearer please bring charger orbs.
    b:angry

One orb gets you 2/3s or more of the way there fast!

D'OH Now everyone knows my secret strategy. b:cry
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i use to carry the flag... i also use to focus hunting the guy with the flag...
    then i noticed everyone else not giving a rats *** and pking in the middle....

then i thought..

"gdm them!"

and joined the middle pking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    As this is not an actual guide gonna move this to the discussion on the nw event in general. Please keep discussion about that there.

• Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    reduce the players jump ability when carrying the flag. its hard to stun some one when their jumping. specialiy the bm
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...is absolutely ridiculous.

Sins are running in killing and stalking and getting people booted out of the instance...

Seekers are vortexing at spawn points and killing people who don't get on fly mounts right away...

At least in TW it takes TIME for them to get to the spawn point and while you can suicide run in you could still die. Here, a few sins can camp spawn points and even with the immunity buff they just tele stun you or knife throw crit you.

Please put in aggressive NPCs or tower-esque defenses. This is getting ridiculous.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Spawn killing is a viable strategy. If you can kill them 5 times they are out of the batte then your side has a player v player advantage...Not to mention you are keeping them busy.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    merged nation wars pvp threads with existing topic on it.

• SweeTarts - Dreamweaver
    SweeTarts - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder what NW is like. Sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe PWI expands it so other people can play that can't dedicate their weekends to PWI.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Spawn killing is a viable strategy. If you can kill them 5 times they are out of the batte then your side has a player v player advantage...Not to mention you are keeping them busy.

This, to an extent, spawn killing can distract people from hitting me when I get the flag and run to capture zone. b:laugh

I've been spawned in a spawn killing session as well, and I usually just run out, rebuff, then revenge kill them, if battle is even numbered. When one side has a huge number advantage, spawn killing is pretty common.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got 32 tokens on Friday, and 82 tonight.

After 3 tries my Necklace refuses to give me any thing other than 1% magic damage reduction, but I got enough cannys in 2 hours to make my lunar boots into Dragon Rise Shoes with max stats and +5.

Sadly I went down to 2 sockets going from S1 to S2 so I'm actually down 50hp b:cry

I hope the next update brings a similarly efficient way to get socket stones. Getting them from BH is ok, but not much when you need about 5,000 for ONE socket. Using Gold to get them at 15:1 is probably the worst use of your real or virtual money I can think of aside from just buying fash for the wrong sex and npcing it ritualistically.

Also I don't think their are even any catshops selling them anymore, probably for the same reason aforementioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • RexNero - Dreamweaver
    RexNero - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    NW the Best Thing Ever In Pwi?

Not is Best Thing Ever pass 1 hour /2 to read

"unable to reach"
    "Istance full"
    "back previous position"

Too many alts or AFKer and they are auto move on battlefield stole spot to me and who like me want to play.
    Result is i take only half of point.

I'm seriously considering to quit PWI for many reason all related to NW.
    Time is crazy for my timezone, NW not is alts safe , moving system land to land suck, I feel a bit teased after waste time and coin for collect nirvy mats and stuff for my toons.

The main problem is that farming will be too long only farm tome will take 3-4 months (with 400 token avarage week) and 4 of my rings will take 7-8 months. (+ neck, cape, helm, engraving)

All this sacrifice for see in 1 years a new rank equip. Also i can't work on all my toons will take me 10+ years for all.

I was try NW only for pvp fun but i repeat not is funny pass 1 hours to do nothing becouse battlefield are full of alt/AFK ppl.