Comments

• susuj
    susuj Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    my update does not open the game
  • susuj
    edited November 2012
    [Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 11-6-2012 - Perfect World International Forum. and for download client ?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Go through this whole thread you will understand how to deal with the error/issue u having.
    For more information Use Search,Knowledge Base,
    New Technical Support Forum
    & Customer Support Team
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • susuj
    edited November 2012
    lol b:surrender
  • inkpure
    inkpure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried re-downloading with my security down, but it is turning out the same. Thank you for the help though
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    inkpure wrote: »
    I tried re-downloading with my security down, but it is turning out the same. Thank you for the help though

In that case you need get in touch with a New Technical Forum or Support Team see what they think about it.
    Remove/Uninstall any unnecessary programs such as toolbars or Pando Media Booster.
    You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawk2008
    hawk2008 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope,You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

DO IT PROBLEM SOLVED ! b:surrender

Edit:This link http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_670-676.cup is the official expansion manual patch use it u won't have any problem for sure 100% works for me i have already updated my game-client. For Huge Update like Sirens Manual Patch is always recommended it saves your time and doesn't stuck in between

hi i tryed both thoes file none work i think it just have to do with how good senctive antivirus system you have some feel off the file and some dont
  • pwiking1
    pwiking1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i updateed the client last night while i slept logged off to take a shower the next thing i see in crupted files so i uninstalled it and manually patched and had same issue there was no way to add the exceptions to my anti virus software witch was panda clound so i uninstalled it this comp i have now is temperary till i can get a new one lol so if i get a virus oh well if not great im trying to see if what i did will allow me to repatch for the new expansion again. ps i love this game and so does my sister we both play it and we share the computer so now i have to work with it a little to keep us playing wish me luck lol.
  • Samlit - Sanctuary
    Samlit - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i cant get that link to load in my broser whats up with that?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    What link ? See Download Page .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • auraraine1
    auraraine1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After Hours on hours of trying to fix this game i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now it told me i dont have enough memory to open the game?

Your game is the only thing i have on my computer
    plus when I was downloading it again it crashed my system a couple of times as well.
    from 6 am of yesterday until now 9:21am I am Completely Fed up trying anything.

I have to now Save up for a new Computer that your Download has Distroyed !
  • _Roanish_ - Harshlands
    _Roanish_ - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well after 2 days of installing and un installing this game and updates... with nothing working like mods and gms suggesting. I have decided to wait til pwi gets it act together, It should not be up to the end user to sort these issues out. If the auto updater wasn't the way to go with this update it should have been stated before the release, but hey wtf do i know? Developers maybe next time ya want to roll out updates maybe try it incrementsb:surrenderb:victoryb:thanks
  • Dreyani - Archosaur
    Dreyani - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well after 2 days of installing and un installing this game and updates... with nothing working like mods and gms suggesting. I have decided to wait til pwi gets it act together, It should not be up to the end user to sort these issues out. If the auto updater wasn't the way to go with this update it should have been stated before the release, but hey wtf do i know? Developers maybe next time ya want to roll out updates maybe try it incrementsb:surrenderb:victoryb:thanks

My sentiments exactly :'( I am so upset that PWI would leave us hanging like this... They really need to get this fixed ASAP!! It REALLY should not be up to the player to fix problems that they created :S
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The patch is 1.1GB

The manual patches can be found here, http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717 which work if the auto patch takes too long. Using the manual patches, even when it does its installation, you still need to have a solid connection to the internet getting through to the servers so that the files can be compared that your game client is indeed updated.

If the .cup patch file has a PWI icon next to it, then windows should recognize that it is associated with PWI. All you should have to do is double click on the .cup file patch, and it should bring up the launcher and start installing the patch. Make SURE that no other processes of the game are already running. Restart your PC if you need to. If the .cup file does not have a PWI icon with it, then you can associate it to be Open With launcher.exe for PWI.

Some players get the error pop up if they try to load the manual patch from the game launcher and clicking on Manual. The other method above works.

You should have the game folder added to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. You may have to temporarily disable your antivirus and/or firewall long enough to update and log into the game.

Using the auto patcher can take 1-4+ hours depending your connection. For most fast and stable broadband internet connections, it can take 30 minutes or less. You can choose in the patching menu for autopatching what source you want to use. Try changing them and see what works best for you.

If you have trouble patching, then something has decided to block the patching process, or your connection may time out, or a network along the way may time out.

A new game client is in the works, no ETA yet. The current game client is still version 658.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Tshusha - Archosaur
    Tshusha - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This what i'm trying to say since the start of this thread/issue.

i know but is sometimes hard to do since people use all kinds of different antiviruses that are not that easy to figure out
  • Tshusha - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    My sentiments exactly :'( I am so upset that PWI would leave us hanging like this... They really need to get this fixed ASAP!! It REALLY should not be up to the player to fix problems that they created :S

what exactly you need pwi to fix?? your anti-virus that is TOO GOOD and "eats" the files that you suppose to download??? b:chuckle really people lol i feel sorry for Sizzer who posted countless messages with almost same context because people did not look around this thread and find their solution
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    Antivirus and firewall programs have a Help option in their software, and their makers usually have a FAQ and Support section on their websites.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • _Roanish_ - Harshlands
    _Roanish_ - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    what exactly you need pwi to fix?? your anti-virus that is TOO GOOD and "eats" the files that you suppose to download??? b:chuckle really people lol i feel sorry for Sizzer who posted countless messages with almost same context because people did not look around this thread and find their solution

You assume too much... you really should stop trolling and acting arrogant. Some of us have followed the suggestions mentioned here and have tried diffrent thign with still no luck.. thanks for you great cess pool of knowledge that you have contributed
  • Yagrum - Dreamweaver
    Yagrum - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patching worked fine for me except for a few timeouts with the servers. I just chalk that up to busy servers. No false virus alerts for me either. Unfortunately AVG is well known for false positives which is why I don't use it. People should just slow down, think a little bit and have a little patience.
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    QA has been hammering on the 676 game client, and hopefully the engineers might have it up by tomorrow (crosses paws)
  • Tshusha - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    You assume too much... you really should stop trolling and acting arrogant. Some of us have followed the suggestions mentioned here and have tried diffrent thign with still no luck.. thanks for you great cess pool of knowledge that you have contributed

trust me i was in same position as you guys until i figure out how to stop the antivirus to eat those files .
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm in the middle of my second re-install, I've tried some of the suggestions but they didn't work, however, I'm not going to disable the anti-virus of my internet connected pc, for the over 8 hours it takes to update the game.
    If this new update doesn't work, I'm just going to wait until some news are posted.

Meanwhile, I'll do something different, maybe is time to leave the house and see what's outside. b:chuckle
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    PWI is being read as a virus

Solution:

Explanation: Note about Virus Protection
    Most likely a false positive, which can happen after a major update because so many files are changed. Your security software can get all distraught over it. You can either add the game folder and .exe files within to your exceptions lists, or temporarily fully disable your security software while updating until you login successfully.

There is usually pwprotector.exe, launcher.exe, elementclient.exe, I think. Plus, if the direct download has Pando Media Booster, it runs as PMB.exe (which you can uninstall AFTER you have installed the game). Please note, there is NOT a new game client with expansion content available yet, as of this post.

Tech support help is just a link away: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com

Patcher missing with virus flag
    AVG and certain other anti virus programs are flagging the update with a false positive. There is no virus.

Consider the fact that elementclient.exe is a program downloaded from the internet that takes information installed on your computer and shares it with the servers however far away from you they may be.

Consider the fact that a trojan virus is a program usually downloaded from the internet that takes information installed on your computer and shares it to someplace else however far away from you it may be.

It's easy for a program to mistake something safe (the game) for something malicious (an actual virus)

Now, for the missing patcher, someone uploaded it to drop box so you shouldn't have to reinstall the whole game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18070441&postcount=23

Other things you may have to disable
    Updated manual patches linked here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717

We are unable to mirror them, due to their size.

New client is in the works.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

GM NOTE
    False positives can happen after EVERY update, and often do. Some existing files change, and new ones added or replaced. Some security software does not like this.

PWE would not be doing very good business by having tens of millions of players with viruses put on their systems by our games.

Please always make sure you download the game and patches directly from us. Or, when we mirror patches, linked directly by us on the forums.

Problem with Patching

Solutions

Using the manual patch
    Do not start the game launcher. Exit it out, restart your PC if you need to.

See if this helps:

Go to the folder you saved it to. Right click on it and select Open with. Browse to the game folder and select the PWI launcher file as the one to open .cup patch files with. Select ok.

Double click on the cup file. The launcher may come up and ask you to select auto patch location. You can, but cancel and unselect the check boxes for updating online.

It should start updating from the manual patch.

If you try Manual from the game launcher, it may give you that error.

You can also try the auto patcher, select which way you want to update. It can take 30 mins to 3 hours to complete the auto update.

If it still isn't working
    Open task manager, go into "Processes" and kill Launcher.exe, Patcher.exe, Elimentclient.exe, etc. Anything that says is associated with Perfect World Entertainment. Then try again, your game SHOULD then open again.

If not, a restart perhaps?

If Patcher is in German
    amyescence wrote: »
    What is going on...? Whenever i try to patch my client it turns German and says "unable to patch, select new server"

Anyone know the solution to this?

http://imgur.com/qOcwV

EDIT!!!: This is how i got my PWI client to actually start downloading everything and working:

FOLLOW ALL STEPS.

1, If you tried to update it and your patcher looks different, you will need to reinstall the game.
    To find the install without having to redownload the game from the internet follow these steps.
    Windows Vista/7 (don't know about XP) Start>Type "install" in the search bar> look for the icon that looks like a Archer. IF IT SAYS SOMETHING IS MISSING YOU NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD PWI

2, REINSTALL THE GAME!

3, Open the patcher DO NOT PATCH ANYTHING YET!!!!!! If it asks you to update click NO!

4, go here : http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download and download the patches.
    For the Siren update use this link - http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patch...ch_670-676.cup

5, DO NOT USE AUTOMATIC PATCHING!! If you are having the problems described in this thread IT DOESN'T WORK! once those patches are downloaded click "No" if it asks for automatic patching.

6, use the button : Manual Patch and use the patches to update the game.

Good-luck!

More complicated issues/other OS
    Sounds like it may be best to send in a ticket to tech support, and fully explain what you have tried so far. You should include your system dxdiag.txt and hijackthis logs if you can please. Info about those in the Support knowledge base up top ^

Make sure that one of the game files is not already running while you try the manual patch. You may have to restart your system and try again.
    I never used Mac personally in this case you have a get in touch with a Gm through Customer Support or from our New Technical Support Zone. Good Luck !

Keeping this on the last page.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Charmy_ - Sanctuary
    Charmy_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For those who are running into an issue where your antivirus has locked the patcher.exe in your virus vault and it needs to be restored (as just happened to me), and restoring it does not appear to make it run, here is a replacement for that file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71145886/patcher.zip

If you extract the file inside this zip and then put the .exe in the "patcher" folder, you should be able to run the autopatcher as normal. It helped me, and it was in the maint thread. Credit to CroPsy for originally posting it and KevinLuv for reposting it over there. Thanks guys, it helped me out a lot.

If you are someone who has the issue I describe, this will mean you won't have to redownload the whole of PWI. Time saving at it's finest! :D

It's not working for me b:cry
    Lvl 100 Sage Cleric b:cute
    I love you Zero_ IV <3 b:chuckle ^.^ (Also my in-game hubby b:pleased)
  • Lx - Dreamweaver
    Lx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi
    i want ask what is different on update Patch 670-676 and Patch 658-676
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi
    i have problems downloadin patch coz of unstable net, can someone who alrdy download this patch upload it on some torrent site so i can download it, that would fix my issue,ty
  • isheandra
    isheandra Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well after two days of going absolutely crazy, I think I have found out why many of us cannot update to the new patch. Some of the embedded code is in East Asian characters. Which means if you are using Windows 7 Home Premium, that there is no language pack to update your system to read this. You must have Windows 7 Ultimate in order to get the correct language pack or buy a language pack. So until the code is rewritten in a language that my computer can read... I will be unable to return to this wonderful game!
  • Saay - Sanctuary
    Saay - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When i 1st installed the game all was great,logged in fine,2nd time however got the fabulous dll whatever is missing error message.sooo went thru this entire thread something like 17 pages at the time...turned off antivirus,firewall,even put pwi as allowed,but turned all OFF.Deleted game,reinstalled,did patch,yay wasnt in german this time,logged in,played,logged in again and guess what? since ive been playing i think we went through 2 other expansions,never a problem,so why now?i seriously do not know wtf to do here.
  • auraraine1
    auraraine1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Join the club here i sit on my brothers computer cause i did what they said it and ruined my computer and still waiting for them to fix the problem
  • Saay - Sanctuary
    Saay - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow,i am truly sorry to hear it jacked your computer.But you all want to know something extremely bizzare? keep in mind i have no desire to read through all this again so some1 else may be experiencing same thing lol.when i hit shortcut to multi,i am now playing...what in the hell is that all about??? but i imagine 2nd time i log in i will not have same luck.Anyway hope this is fixed soon.