brazilianboy2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i still cant update Dx
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Those who are having issues with the update first download the new client freshly update it , while doing this whole process disable your anti-virus /firewall, and Add the game files/folder to anti-virus exception list, it will help you .

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.
    b:victory

For Downloading,Patching/Updating easily Here are few Steps :-
    1).Download the Game Client using Torrent.
    2).Use Manual Patch since it's a huge update.(Patches link can be found here)
    3).Go and Play .

Note:Disable your anti-virus during this whole process or it will interrupt with the game files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Bobdevil - Lost City
    Bobdevil - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    BitDefender identifies "pather.exe" as a virus; it is of course a false positive. I have uploaded the file for BitDefender to fix the false positive and turned BitDefender scanning off. Having said that I downloaded the manual patch and from what I can gather it refuses to update because I had already started an auto update. So here I am using auto update that just seems to go on forever, then stop, then go on forever.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    For Huge Updates like Descent or Sirens auto-update is not a good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobdevil - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well that's just great! I have already uninstalled the game and re-installed it! You are saying that I will have to do that again!?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I understand its pretty annoying but your anti-virus ate the game files already,
    i don't know it may work or not Try Verifying the files ? It can bring back those missing files which ur anti-virus messed up. Do the process twice or thrice .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobdevil - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I appreciate you are trying to help but I turned off my AV before I re-installed the game and the files are intact. My current problem is that the manual patch seems to identify that the auto patch has already updated some files; at least that's what it seems to indicate, and then of course it refuses to update. Anyway I will try uninstalling and reinstalling one last time!
  • Stormwatch - Sanctuary
    Stormwatch - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have played PWI for 3 years now and for every single patch I have used autopatcher. :3 Patches often come late my time or when Im about to go to school so I just leave the game to autopatch itself.

ty guys, this is the link that finally worked for me...
  • MarioAway - Archosaur
    MarioAway - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    and check my problem is a corrupted file and I already uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same thing someone help me:(
  • CooIGuy - Archosaur
    CooIGuy - Archosaur Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok i think i did fix my problem ( is updating to latest patch as we speak ) so what i done is i unistalled the game turned firewall and antivirus off , added a rule at antivirus that the stuff from pwi is safe and now im at updating. the thing with updating is that is not showing the progress bar but i checked and it is updating , so most likely a glitch
  • Bobdevil - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The "Updating files" bar will eventually show some progress. Mine is now at about 60%. I don't know what firewall anyone uses but turning off the firewall is not a good idea. Disabling your AV while the game downloads/updates seems to be necessary but be aware that when you turn the AV back on it may delete some PWi files; most particularly "patcher.exe" There is a link in the forums to "patcher.zip" and my AV finds no threats with that file; it's just the changes the download/update makes that seems to trigger the AV. Hope this helps... this has been a most frustrating experience!
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok...I'm confused and at my wits end. I manually patched perfect world (from the download patch on the pwi site) at 2pm est, I finally finished patching (around 8 or 9pm est) and now every time I launch the patcher (or rather try to) I get a packdll.dll file is missing. My virus software did think it was a virus and quarantined the file, so I un-quarantined the file but I still can't open the patcher I even tried restarting my computer after un-quarantining the file. Still no luck. I'd uninstall perfect world and re-install it but I can't find it under my "uninstall" programs section of my computer, pwi file does have a an uninstaller but I'm afraid to try it o.o

So, does anyone have any ideas? I know lots of things have been suggested in this thread...and I have searched through several of the pages but as stated in my first sentence all this info/suggestions really have me confused.

If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it ^-^ Thank-you in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobdevil - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I am afraid that restoring the file quarantined by your AV will not fix the problem. What I had to do was uninstall the game (I simply deleted the folder and used CCleaner to clear the registry) and then disabled virus scanning and auto scan in my AV. Then I re-downloaded the game and it is currently auto updating (fingers crossed it will work). In my case even if my AV deletes "patcher.exe" again, when I turn the AV back on, I have downloaded patcher.zip and extracted it and my AV is happy with that file, so I can just plonk it in the patcher subdirectory if my AV deletes the original one again.
  • Therkiax - Archosaur
    Therkiax - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When Im updating it was on litmodel and went on for 1 hour didnt do anything on manual patch did 2x. And tried auto patch dosen't work just closes as stated before and I downloaded ec patch658-756 and it has moved a single bit bit for 30 mins. And all the patches didnt even get 1 percent on. Also searched the lit model problem and no answers.
  • kljunior15
    kljunior15 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    IM not getting any virus or something about are most of the guys in this forum talking about, just my upading to the new PWI sirens of war is getting too long and I want to kow if its normal or there`s something wrong, normal updates just used to take from 1 minute up to five, please someone tell me if that update takes too long or if there`s something wrong with my client, if I need to add a new patch or I dont know please if it happened to some one else and have an answer let me know
  • Bobdevil - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The update is 1.1gb; it will probably take hours depending on your internet connection speed. They say the manual patch is faster but it will still take a while given the size of the update. Hope this calms your nerves a bit.
  • kljunior15
    kljunior15 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    hahahaha thanks a lot I just wasa bit desperated cuz it was not normal but thanks for letting me now that it`s a 1.1 Gb updating I was trying to download it manually and the systemd said that i was going to take up to 1 hour so I suppose is the time that I have to wait, again thanks a lot =)
  • Denshiro - Dreamweaver
    Denshiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    kljunior15 wrote: »
    hahahaha thanks a lot I just wasa bit desperated cuz it was not normal but thanks for letting me now that it`s a 1.1 Gb updating I was trying to download it manually and the systemd said that i was going to take up to 1 hour so I suppose is the time that I have to wait, again thanks a lot =)

At least yours says 1 hour.

Mine has been saying 20hours, and I've been trying to update this thing all day!
  • CooIGuy - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The "Updating files" bar will eventually show some progress. Mine is now at about 60%. I don't know what firewall anyone uses but turning off the firewall is not a good idea. Disabling your AV while the game downloads/updates seems to be necessary but be aware that when you turn the AV back on it may delete some PWi files; most particularly "patcher.exe" There is a link in the forums to "patcher.zip" and my AV finds no threats with that file; it's just the changes the download/update makes that seems to trigger the AV. Hope this helps... this has been a most frustrating experience!

yes you are correct mine is at around 70-80% atm
  • Kureianik - Archosaur
    Kureianik - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    awww hope you guys can fix your problem and wish the same to me too pls x.x
  • Kureianik - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Options
    my updting files bar is at like 30% from like 20 minutes ago =S
  • CooIGuy - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Options
    mine is at around 90% and i do hope it works without problems after it finishes
  • susuj
    susuj Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    where I can find the patch loading the update I still want to play
  • inkpure
    inkpure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If anyone is able to help, I'm having trouble with both auto and manual patching. Auto is well known but manual gives me the 'updated listed files' error. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
  • Kureianik - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok when it was supossed to be finished in like 90% of the updating bar there was an error message, Idk what to do now why they ruined the game like this omg
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    While uninstalling make sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it,
    At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CooIGuy - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I finished updating the game 2hours ago and everything works perfectly . Took me awhile to figure out how to make the antivirus stop "eating" the 2 files .
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I finished updating the game 2hours ago and everything works perfectly . Took me awhile to figure out how to make the antivirus stop "eating" the 2 files .

This what i'm trying to say since the start of this thread/issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • susuj
    susuj Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have no antivirus and I have it all nms I open the game and load the update and put automatic update client but restarts the istalacion I do?b:cry
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    susuj wrote: »
    I have no antivirus and I have it all nms I open the game and load the update and put automatic update client but restarts the istalacion I do?b:cry

I don't understand what u are meaning be more detailed?
    Check the PWI forum and see what other players may have come up with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]