[DST Maintenance Discussion] 11-3-2012 [COMPLETE]

Options

Comments

• Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Whats the "DST rollback"? :)b:surrender

It's Day Light savings clock change time (for those not in the US)

O as for pots tastes well given the amoutn of Crab I throw back I think mine must taste like a nice Red wine b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nwdst
    nwdst Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You had 9 hours to check the forums. It's not that hard to just pop on and glance for things like maintenance or updates. You don't even have to log in. You don't have to "stalk" the forums for updates.

I checked the forums this morning at before noon...no maintenance posted! Also, it's been 1 hr and 12 mins since shutdown...they screwed up not me.
  • sailorchibi
    sailorchibi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    hp: red machine naked juice
    mp: blue machine naked juice
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    West servers on? 1 hour has past
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver
    TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    one word.. "cheetos"
    Silly boys, games are for girls! b:chuckle
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    nwdst wrote: »
    I checked the forums this morning at before noon...no maintenance posted! Also, it's been 1 hr and 12 mins since shutdown...they screwed up not me.

Oh quit yer QQin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • _Skuld_ - Harshlands
    _Skuld_ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    maintenance was posted at least 9 hours before for east coast servers ... this i know for sure b:bye
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

You are flipping out over a 9 hour notice and 12 minutes of playtime. Little uptight bud.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    East Servers are now open. Please join in. West servers' maintenance will start in 1 hour and 30 mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Anti QQr's = ppl are not allowed to voice their concerns....seriously if your so content with the situation then why are you trolling the forums?
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

You should check the forums once a week on maintenance day as well as during day light savings. Most companies roll back their clocks just before DST and the only way this games clock can be rolled back is through maintenance.

Also got to take into account time zone differences. At like say 11am, it would be 8am their time. I doubt the first thing they do when they come into the office is post information on the forums. So that's not a reasonable time to check either way.

Here is a one year advanced warning for next year too, assuming the game is still around of course.

http://www.day-finder.com/daylight-savings-2013.html

Don't know if it will be but it's likely. So there you go.

Anti QQr's = ppl are not allowed to voice their concerns....seriously if your so content with the situation then why are you trolling the forums?

It's because daylight savings is not a new thing or even something that only relates to the game. You should expect disruption of service for a game like PWI which can't even reset it's weekly event without a server restart around this time period. ::shrug:: They have to change the clocks after all. An earlier warning would have been nice but Hey, you! is new so cut him some slack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • X_Maeve_x - Raging Tide
    X_Maeve_x - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The Lucid NPC's are missing
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    on EU servers maintainence 2 weeks ago, they were missing 2 days and bounty hunter 1 day.
  • nwdst
    nwdst Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I get that you post this in forums.
    I get that so many of the people who normally read forums had a heads-up.
    But on a Saturday? How many of us check for maintenance? Not too many I'm guessing.

Had a totally pro squad doing full Warsong. Had all of the Pavilions cleared and just started the mobs on Snake when, "Server will shutdown in 300 seconds."

Not cool. Had you posted a Server-wide notice (that you do not hesitate to spam for your Zen sale - ijs), we would have not started that squad. How difficult would that be? You know, for those of us who don't camp the forums? Really? That just SUCKS.

+1, I was too in ws. Wasted a lot of time for nothing. According to this post here we also needed to check the forums between 3:48 pm and 12:48 a...only 9 hours notice for hard shutdown. Not cool. We should have had a notice at 12 am not...300 seconds till shutdown.

Who checks the forums every 9 hours and at the perfect time? lol. Bad game management period. Where is the service?
  • NestFreemark - Raging Tide
    NestFreemark - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The pots most definitely taste like boiled unicorn blood. b:lipcurl
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    +1, I was too in ws. Wasted a lot of time for nothing. According to this post here we also needed to check the forums between 3:48 pm and 12:48 a...only 9 hours notice for hard shutdown. Not cool. We should have had a notice at 12 am not...300 seconds till shutdown.

Who checks the forums every 9 hours and at the perfect time? lol. Bad game management period. Where is the service?

You had 9 hours to check the forums. It's not that hard to just pop on and glance for things like maintenance or updates. You don't even have to log in. You don't have to "stalk" the forums for updates.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    An earlier warning would have been nice but Hey, you! is new so cut him some slack.

No way! This is his hazing period!

We should make him dress up like a pony and sing songs from the Little Mermaid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGSoooBored - Lost City
    OMGSoooBored - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lucids are back tahnks
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    east coast been down for more than a hour......
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *awaiting the influx of confused people, wave 2* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I imagine potions taste like eating dirt and leaves. If they tasted good there wouldn't be a cooltime.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Nice, 15 min red system warning warning right in the middle of GV 2 BH.

Totally lame.

Nice going.

b:angry
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    in ill say it eastcoast servers been down for more than 1hr now....
  • Mytaz - Heavens Tear
    Mytaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I imagine the mana pots taste awful or taste like tutti fruity thingy and for hp pots i dunno could taste like tomato juice or blood. xD

Oh ok where's the pot of gold??
    b:thanksb:coolb:faintb:bye
  • Ceredin - Raging Tide
    Ceredin - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I imagine potions taste like eating dirt and leaves. If they tasted good there wouldn't be a cooltime.

b:chuckle that cool time xD too true ;P I would hope they taste magically delicious, but considering ingredients as brought up before...can't imagine they would xD I think they both would taste....very interesting..if that accounts for anything b:surrender

Woots meh first post ever!!!! :3
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

What??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mytaz - Heavens Tear
    Mytaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

BTW GM's it shows my lvl on Forums at 99 lvl still and im 100 lvl.
    b:thanksb:coolb:faintb:bye
  • Ceredin - Raging Tide
    Ceredin - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    BTW GM's it shows my lvl on Forums at 99 lvl still and im 100 lvl.

lol, same i'm lvl 82 now xD congrats on 100! :3 b:victory
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    so how long the eastern servers gonna be down?