[DST Maintenance Discussion] 11-3-2012 [COMPLETE]

v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that due to the Daylight Saving Time rollback Sunday morning at 2am, we'll be performing maintenance on all East and West servers, at 12:50am server time, for about an hour of *real* time.

East Coast servers will be down starting at 9:50pm, Pacific, and West Coast servers will be down starting at 12:50am, Pacific.

So, for this special maintenance, here's the question:

How do you imagine the PWI potions would taste in real life?

Which would be your favorite?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FERMENTED SHNOPPS!!b:dirty

PS: Wow I got first reply this time, lololzzzz

Thats a rarity....b:laugh
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Potion tastes? Fairly bitter or probably a variety of tastes (especially things like Crab Meats, Herbs, and the Manteau being fairly delicious compared to true medicinal ones).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not counting crabs/herbs, just generic HP/MP pots:

HP: cherry

MP: blue-raspberry

Favorite: MP drinks. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I imagine the mana pots taste awful or taste like tutti fruity thingy and for hp pots i dunno could taste like tomato juice or blood. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think HP pots would be a little bitter at the start, but than whatever is hurt will start to tingle extremely, kinda like the itch you have when a scar is almost fully healed. But than very extreme, and only lasting a few seconds.

MP pots would probably taste a little sweet, and the aftereffect would be a glow near your heart. Or wherever you think mana comes from
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Considering all the crazy things the apothecaries ask you to bring them for remedies (like lynx eyes, wolf teeth, monster blood, and poisonous monster bits, to name a few), hp and mp pots probably don't taste very pleasant. But they are necessary.

b:laugh A friend of mine found some cheap round bottles and made up a mixture of jello and glitter to put in them to look like potions. So they smell like strawberry and fruit punch. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Considering all the crazy things the apothecaries ask you to bring them for remedies (like lynx eyes, wolf teeth, monster blood, and poisonous monster bits, to name a few), hp and mp pots probably don't taste very pleasant. But they are necessary.

b:laugh A friend of mine found some cheap round bottles and made up a mixture of jello and glitter to put in them to look like potions. So they smell like strawberry and fruit punch. :D

This.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I imagine the health potions have that nasty cherry taste that's way over sweet that most medicines have.

I imagine that the mana potions taste like nyquil.

Crab meat is probably delicious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I imagine that the mana potions taste like nyquil.

Is that why I always want to fall asleep in BB? b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:victory One hour of free play tonight. b:laugh

b:bye
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well they would taste like sparkly chocolate marshmarrow oreo goodness . They would taste so good that you cannot stop having them, and then you will eventually **** out rainbows of happiness :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Well they would taste like sparkly chocolate marshmarrow oreo goodness . They would taste so good that you cannot stop having them, and then you will eventually **** out rainbows of happiness :D

Lol, you become Nyan Cat?
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Lol, you become Nyan Cat?

No, you wouldnt fly, you shall become invisible >>

MP pots would probably taste a little sweet, and the aftereffect would be a glow near your heart. Or wherever you think mana comes from

From the appendix :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whats the "DST rollback"? :)b:surrender
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    From the appendix :o

Oooo good one.
    It also protects against an inflameted appendix than b:pleased
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okies
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So in the heat of battle you take a big slug of Ironguard. It would taste like sand and your body would momentarily harden like concrete...
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Whats the "DST rollback"? :)b:surrender
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that due to the Daylight Saving Time rollback Sunday morning at 2am, we'll be performing maintenance on all East and West servers, at 12:50am server time, for about an hour of *real* time.

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    So in the heat of battle you take a big slug of Ironguard. It would taste like sand and your body would momentarily harden like concrete...

Only for like half a second, and than the feeling will switch to only your skin?
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    HP potions taste like a cherry throat lozenge mixed with miso paste. Not good, but it could be worse.

MP potions taste like Josta mixed with a pumpkin espresso.

The purple potions that restore both...would taste really weird. But no one uses those right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd imagine hp potions would taste like when you chew up a vitamin c tablet, nasty **** yo. Mp potions would probably be like a BC, bitter as heck yo. I wouldn;t wanna imagine the taste of the purple potions. Crab meat and herbs would probably be delicious.
    The chi teas are probably yummy because tea is yummy. Ironguard would probably taste like sand. Crimson soul powders would probably taste like monster energy drinks. I would do all the pots but i would have a massive wall of text.
    edited November 2012
    I'd imagine hp potions would taste like when you chew up a vitamin c tablet, nasty **** yo. Mp potions would probably be like a BC, bitter as heck yo. I wouldn;t wanna imagine the taste of the purple potions. Crab meat and herbs would probably be delicious.
    The chi teas are probably yummy because tea is yummy. Ironguard would probably taste like sand. Crimson soul powders would probably taste like monster energy drinks. I would do all the pots but i would have a massive wall of text.

This thread would be good if someone ever wanted to write a story about PWI life b:chuckle
    Some extra in debt about what exactly happends when you take a potion
  • AmbrosiaXIII - Dreamweaver
    AmbrosiaXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think it tastes like grape kool-aid b:shocked so i dont use potions ijsb:faint
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Like crabs
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not counting crabs/herbs, just generic HP/MP pots:

HP: cherry

MP: blue-raspberry

Favorite: MP drinks. b:dirty
    I agreeb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • comatose1983
    comatose1983 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the pots would prob taste as bad as doing BH and the server shutting down half way threw. Other wise they would prob taste like warm Budweiser.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOL! I JUST finished a ALT FC...killed heads and a minute later after that server shutdown commences! And I'd imagine pretty tasty the potions would be.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ummmm

-Red pots would taste like sour watermelon! b:dirty
    -Blue Pots would taste like sour blueberry fruit gushers!! b:dirty
    -Life powder would taste like sugar! b:chuckle
    -Crab meat...should taste like crab meat...right? b:surrender
    -The ironguard powder would taste like Faygo ..*le gasp* b:shocked
  • Glycerin - Dreamweaver
    Glycerin - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    East Coast servers will be down starting at 9:50pm, Pacific, and West Coast servers will be down starting at 12:50am, Pacific.

Can you PLEASE be the first CM (that I'd know of) to post Eastern times.. in Eastern times? I'll give you a cookie if you say 'yes'. :D

Potion flavours? They'd be berry-ish ofc. b:cool
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I get that you post this in forums.
    I get that so many of the people who normally read forums had a heads-up.
    But on a Saturday? How many of us check for maintenance? Not too many I'm guessing.

Had a totally pro squad doing full Warsong. Had all of the Pavilions cleared and just started the mobs on Snake when, "Server will shutdown in 300 seconds."

Not cool. Had you posted a Server-wide notice (that you do not hesitate to spam for your Zen sale - ijs), we would have not started that squad. How difficult would that be? You know, for those of us who don't camp the forums? Really? That just SUCKS.
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)