Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Options

Comments

• Ziraia - Raging Tide
    Ziraia - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Catherine
    Well, I do like her old look better, even tho its a kinda common look. The red hair looks very nice - I'd keep her old skin color tho, and change either her eye color (blue or sumthing) OR lip color (pale-ish), so that there wont be too much red.. if that made any sense. Oh, and the eyebrows should be red tho o;

I might post a screenie of one of my characters soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @Catherine - I'm a fan of that skin color and more exotic looks to be sure. As well as white hair and pale skin too. I love it all!
    But to be nit picky about the new look, I would change the eyebrows red as well. Either the same red or a bit darker. it's a very old, very deep pet peeve of mine when characters have black eyebrows no matter what. b:chuckle I know it's a style but it makes my hands want to wring necks nonetheless. b:surrender

3.5/5 For the new look, it's a very good place to start! Mess with her features and shapes some more and see what you can come up with. Maybe draw inspiration from a certain ethnicity you find lovely?

Edit: I also notice that the Lovebird Hair is rather hard to work with. Your face can look fine with all other head-fashions but since this one effectively cuts off either side of your toons skull it can make the face look goofy real fast. So maybe take a few screens without the hair too, kinda compare them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Now she looks like a wicked island babe.

Haha i like how you say that it's cute.

I looked again her cleric and to be honest it's really the red eyes that ''bother'' me, it's too much red, if she took the eyes color from the first look to the second one I think it would be better (or brown).

Anyway, I made a baby cleric on a new server before the maintenance, didn't go time to really finish it, but i'll post it.

2012-114.jpg

I might change the make up style/color i didn't got time to do it and also the lips color.

I'm kinda happy with how she look in that: cercle10.jpg

(Sometime some chars look really pretty in a close range SS, but in the cercle look different, so i'm glad she look nice in the cercle since it's what i see the most when i play xD)

I know she kinda have a girly-pink-barbie style and it's not a style everyone like, but it's the look i wanted. =^-^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @crazy12114: Nice colors for your seeker, and the use of that 3rd eye, i never see it on another EG 3/5

@Catherine: I think she looks pretty, idk about the skin tone but she looks great even in the hard to work with love bird hair 4/5

Just got back from a long PWI hiatus, redid my psychic to begin with change, don't have a before because that hiatus involved pwi uninstalled >.>;
    Rose-1.jpg
    Edit, nvm there's a partial before in my signature xD shows how long ive been gone eheh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    Lucy_a - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    IMO your cleric looked a lot better before than now. She is not ugly, but she was great before and now she looks a bit --- typical maybe? Im not sure. I do not like those hungaryan styles, i think the elegant style suits her more. So i give her old look 5/5 and her new only 2,5/5, sorry b:surrender

I wanted to ask what u mean by hungaryan style? b:question
    I am hungarian but have no idea what "hungaryan style" is like. b:chuckle
    I would like to know tho,a description would be great :3 Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you for the awesome siggy Silvy <3

// LVL. 8x Mystic // LVL. 8x Cleric // LVL. 8x Veno //

Request a free drawing of your character: The Fanatics Forum>>>Lucy's Sketchbook b:mischievous
  • Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @crazy12114: She looks very pretty but a bit preset-like. 3/5

@Catherine: She looks very original.I am not a big fan of tan skin but it works well with her hair and lip color.I would change the eye color to green or blue cuz it seems that red is a bit overused.Also i would change her eyebrow color to red.
    I would give her a 4.5/5

@Bella : I see you were going for a cute look.Her eyes seem a bit too wide open and the hair is a bit too pink for my taste lol
    I would give her a 4/5

@RoseWater_ : Your character is very gentle looking.The colors give her a very soft look.The only thing i would change is her nose...would make it a bit wider.Love the lil smile thats playing on her lips.
    5/5

So then here i go :P

Cleric

lucylil.png
    lucyface-1.png

Archer( My lil dark princess xD )

archface.png

Mystic(using the ini of my seeker lol, i just like it too much xD )

sirilil.png

siriface.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Request a free drawing of your character: The Fanatics Forum>>>Lucy's Sketchbook b:mischievous
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lucy_a
    Cleric - She looks a bit tired-ish, i think its her eyebrows being too high placed, and maye her eye shadow. The rest of her face looks nice tho, but she's a bit too pale for my taste. 3/5
    Archer - What can i say.. I love her look! The colors looks perfect. Her eyebrows seems a bit close tho. 5/5
    Mystic - I love how she looks in the little picture. She's really cute, and the colors looks great 5/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @Ziraia: Your right my cleric really looks a bit pale b:chuckle She has the same skin color as my archer tho. She just seems pale cuz of the light hitting her face i guess...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ziraia - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lucy_a
    Ohh, must be the light then :3 I still like your archer the most tho, she looks awesome <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'll just place new Kris here:

20121031190239.png

Here's how she used to look before:

20120924174051.png

They grow up so fast b:cry
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I'll just place new Kris here:

b:victory New Kris is adorable! That hair is perfect, frames her face better than the bandana hair. And her eyes look so much brighter now. 5/5

b:surrender No pics from me currently, I'm drawing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda
    She's cute, and looks different from every other veno around. I'd change her lip color tho - its too bright imo. 3/5

Finally got some screenshots of my male BM. Tell me whatchu think :D
    And yeah, his pants are green cause i didnt get to dye them yet :p

Naro3.png

Naro4.png

Sorry for the big screenies b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • pockiii
    pockiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    3/5 He's an attractive male, but the skin tone doesn't compliment the shade of brown in the hair very well, making him seem very sepia. The facial structure is fantastic, though!

tideguard_earthborn_nahno_by_nanocharat-d5jq0ry.png

This is my Tideguard, Nahno. I actually managed to match the earthguard face and tideborn body perfectly.

Edit: I just realized you can't see the facial detail well here. I have it uploaded to my dA, along with the color codes.
    http://nanocharat.deviantart.com/#/d5jq0ry
  • Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Pockiii : Beautiful psychic! Thank you for posting the codes on dev ! <3

Rating: 5/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• pockiii
    pockiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Pockiii : Beautiful psychic! Thank you for posting the codes on dev ! <3

Rating: 5/5

No problem! I really hope that if you ever use it, it eases your burden on color matching :>
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

siriface.png

She is SO cute.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda
    She's cute, and looks different from every other veno around. I'd change her lip color tho - its too bright imo. 3/5

b:surrender

What kind of color would you suggest? :3
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda
    Hmm, I was thinking more like.. *hard to explain, so im uploading a picture*

Lipcolor.png

Something like that ^^

Edit:
    When I look at this pic again, the color seem a bit dark, so something between the two is probably more what i mean xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Ziraia
    I like the fact that he doesnt look fat as most bms, he has a normal body and i like his face pretty much xD But I think the hair doesnt fit to his face because of the graphic difference and it makes his face a bit weird. Without it, i would give 5/5, but with it 3/5 .
    @pockiii
    She looks beautiful, although she completely lost her TB flaire, and thats a pity imo :(
    Ill rate 5/5 because of her look
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Ziraia
    I like the fact that he doesnt look fat as most bms, he has a normal body and i like his face pretty much xD But I think the hair doesnt fit to his face because of the graphic difference and it makes his face a bit weird. Without it, i would give 5/5, but with it 3/5 .

Quick comment, what I've found that works to balance that sort of thing (with the low rez skin and the high rez hair) is the inclusion of earthguard eyes. Despite the skin not holding the same quality of rendering, having the nice eyes popped in there balances it out quite well. So if Ziraia really likes that hair then keep it, and try messing with the .ini editing guide to get those nice looking irises on him. :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Quick comment, what I've found that works to balance that sort of thing (with the low rez skin and the high rez hair) is the inclusion of earthguard eyes. Despite the skin not holding the same quality of rendering, having the nice eyes popped in there balances it out quite well. So if Ziraia really likes that hair then keep it, and try messing with the .ini editing guide to get those nice looking irises on him. :]

Yeah that might work, and i have to admit that EG Eyes even fit to normal lips alhtough im not a fan of ini editing =P Im still waiting for PWE to make a remake of the old costumizations
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah that might work, and i have to admit that EG Eyes even fit to normal lips alhtough im not a fan of ini editing =P Im still waiting for PWE to make a remake of the old costumizations

I kinda hope that they don't. Each new class came with fewer and fewer new customs. Tideborns have more tattoo options than the Earthguard had face textures. As far as the old races what they lack in more updated graphics they make up for in possibilities. Seriously go look at the old hair codes and the new ones. Or think about all the make up styles you've seen. It's much harder to make a unique TB/EG than it is to make a unique older race.

@Kris

I personally like the lip color, it's bright and fun. I just think there is a smidge too much lower lip. But maybe try for a slightly darker shade of the same color. Other than that your veno really is adorable and pulls off hair that a lot of people cant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Seriously go look at the old hair codes and the new ones.

What I'd really like is to be able to have access to the OLD old hair codes, from before the tideborn expansion. Like this hairstyle.

And since I want to stay on topic, @pockiii, she's adorable! She looks a little sad, but the hybrid tideborn look pretty neat. Good color matching, too. I prefer the EG's eyelashes to the TB ones anyway. 4/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What I'd really like is to be able to have access to the OLD old hair codes, from before the tideborn expansion. Like this hairstyle.

And since I want to stay on topic, @pockiii, she's adorable! She looks a little sad, but the hybrid tideborn look pretty neat. Good color matching, too. I prefer the EG's eyelashes to the TB ones anyway. 4/5

Those are the same codes as before, I think. IIRC there was some kind of bug making them turn out that way and they patched it so the hairstyles matched the pictures.

@Pockii

I can't tell what she looks like up close to give a rating. But I do love the skin color. Good job matching them. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Those are the same codes as before, I think. IIRC there was some kind of bug making them turn out that way and they patched it so the hairstyles matched the pictures.

I dont think so. I remember hair styles which were there for years without bugs and after one patch they were just cutted out.( The pictures and the hair style) They gave chars just the hair style next in line like nothing happened and we could buy a makeover scroll to change it.
    Maybe i didnt get your point right >>

I also know that one longer hair style that looked a bit like the lovebird hair was deleted JUST before the lovebird set came out so if we want long, curly hair we should use the CS to get it b:sweat

i highly doubt that this was only a bug.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I remember that! Some characters who had the hair were allowed to keep it as well, though I'm sure they've since changed it since it's been a few years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Zaraia

Pretty much what the others said, EG eyes and darker hair would make that bm look much better. 3/5

Anywho, this took foreverrrrr to make. Picking skin tones for EG skin on tideborns is hard and it's still not perfect. Thinking about making another sin on HT. b:laugh This is what would probably look like.

2012-11-0202-01-56.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Venus: she look nice, I love her grey eyes, it's not something we see a lot and same for the hair, I love see hair we don't see a lot cause people don't use them anymore. She look different in a nice way. 4.5/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BigDiamond - Lost City
    BigDiamond - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    HI PEOPLE RATE ME!!!
    615529_10151224975558184_1968198374_o.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Options
    HI PEOPLE RATE ME!!!
    615529_10151224975558184_1968198374_o.jpg

To be rate you need to rate other people too, so just go see the last 2-3 and rate them (0-5/5) and you can comment them if you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]