Aggro mechanics; tips..

13»

Comments

• Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    For boss fights, i just want to say that dd's who well know that even if their barb is the same, or higher, level than them, but their dps is too high, they can "watch" that dps by simply backing off. Click Esc on keyboard, press a direction key to walk away or click the ground to do so.

The biggest problems for squads (especially lower ones) with many dd's is that their dd's problem lies not in their weakness of little hp, because they're not the ones tanking so they don't need to care, but it lies in their strength. Better phrased, it lies in the ignorance of their strength. Tanks can only spam their aggro skills *that* fast, but dd's (like me QQ) who burn thousands of damage per hit at 2 aps really really need to be careful.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    prob is that DDs dont care about aggro often tbh

person who is 80lvl sin or archer know already that he is potential aggro stealer, but they do it anywayz

b:surrender
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oh, this guide is gonna sell a lot now with the +30% attack boostb:chuckle
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Really great guide. Excellent for all that are not familiar with aggro. I think everyone should read this.

I have met venos that brambled everyone in the squad, I have met barbs that would never go into tiger form and insist on tanking pole with humanoid form, I have met archers that spark like crazy and do not give chance for lower lvl tanks to grab aggro first, I have met clerics that do not understand that healing the tank when he hasn't grabbed all the mobs will cause aggro, and much more. I'm not attacking anyone personally but there are lots of players out there that do not understand aggro and end up getting whole squad killed.

Props to you for making this guide. I read it through and learned much from it as well. We all started out not knowing anything at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • warlos
    warlos Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well Done

going to try on HAPPY WRAITH
  • Choco - Raging Tide
    Choco - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Very nice guide, reading this should be mandatory for newbies b:victory

P.S.: love those little illustrations b:pleased
    edited August 2010
    thx, they are best part of that guide b:chuckle
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Nephice - Heavens Tear
    Nephice - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thank you thank you thank you. I've been playing for a little bit and just now came across this thread. If only I had read this when I was a little low lvl noob and not the mid-range lvl noob I am now. b:chuckle

But seriously, ty ty ty! b:thanks
    Many thanks to all the info (good, bad, and otherwise) in the forums for making me the noob I am today.
    b:chuckle b:cool b:cute b:thanks
  • Chronobarok - Raging Tide
    Chronobarok - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOLLLLLL the legolas picture is hilarious
  • ianmn
    ianmn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not sure if it was already covered, but i've, as a bm with zeal, had a prob with heal aggro and eathflame: Cleric IH's me and i use earthflame, sometimes, if IH animation still glowing around me, cleric massive aggros all mobs in general vicinity of my earthflame.

(particular prob with boss adds, will get the whole pack rather than 1 add)
    edited August 2010
    ianmn wrote: »
    Not sure if it was already covered, but i've, as a bm with zeal, had a prob with heal aggro and eathflame: Cleric IH's me and i use earthflame, sometimes, if IH animation still glowing around me, cleric massive aggros all mobs in general vicinity of my earthflame.

(particular prob with boss adds, will get the whole pack rather than 1 add)

yeah, thats is typical heal aggro on puller - just wait sec or two next time after pre-ih

there is one tip about it in cleric part, but with veno as example. i will edit it now and add genies too

tx

@Nephice

thx =) and no worries.. few tips i put here were learned when i was above your lvl

@Chronobarok

would never giuess that result of my laziness will amuse so many ppl lol

• xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    the picture of roar is accurate, but the pic attempting to describe flesh ream looks to me like an acclarity of the beast and a zerk (like from calamity axes of blood).

i went on my barb n got it chi'd up n went to verify my recollection from memory, and it was correct. there is a big kinda fireball/explosion on the mob, but no fire on the barb for a fleshream (no zerk weapon equipped ofc, but it is possible for ream and zerk to happen at the same time i suppose)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
    edited September 2010
    =O

ehh i will fix it

edited September 2010
    fixed, ty

• Sarieanna - Raging Tide
    Sarieanna - Raging Tide Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    amazing guide thing!! Thanks for posting this b:thanks
    I love my sister, Alex <3
    Even though, I taught her more then she taught me. b:cute
    edited July 2011
    /up b:pleased

• Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver
    Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This is a guide that its more than 2 years old...

Is it outdated? HELL NOT!

Actually, not even is up to the date, its even EVEN more needed on this days than it was in the past. With the current community of this game and the easy acess to powerlevel any char at any time, guides like this make even more sense than in the past b:laugh
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    FYI, most of this guide, plus a few new tidbits, is available at the PWI wiki here: Aggro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Blueblade__ - Archosaur
    Blueblade__ - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    We need a full guide to teach sins how to not get aggro
  • arnaldo4455
    arnaldo4455 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Good, so this means I was not the one failing in my group yesterday.

I am a lvl 35 barb, with 4.5k hp. My group was two archers and I. They kept attacking different targets in PV. I tried my best to bite each target, then they called a third one - lol. My roar was not holding- now I know why.

I am def gonna share this with them. I will stop beating myself with a stick if it was not my fault.

I know this thread has been out for a while, but tyvm anyway.
  • XooFIREoox - Heavens Tear
    XooFIREoox - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    just wanted to add, if your with a demon barb w/demon skills his flesh ream cooldown is only 1.5 sec, roar has 100% phys dmg reflect, and sunder makes every hit crit for 5sec. Follow that up with arma right after with solid shield on and your aoe aggro is nice and stable for a bit. toss in a surf impact for good measure with sunders crit bonus after arma and your not doin too shabby. do it all in trip spark for good measure. gonna need cloud eruption tho unless the group of mobs is big enough for Beastial rage(demon version chi gain changed to 8 per hit.) to do it for ya. I.E. the pull before Runewolf boss in FF(Might Whirling Slash boss). Hope this info helps at all. thats my 2 cents. b:bye
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank you! Great guide-for every class. And also great tips added by others. I know this is is an older post-but still valid and awesome.
    Posted link on my factions forum site. Thank you again
  • XXxxYukixxXX - Sanctuary
    XXxxYukixxXX - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sin use chill deep to reduce aps ,anyways sin are good at 1 vs 1 .if u got high refine u will be fine and can tank everythings with some buffs
  • Syddah_ - Sanctuary
    Syddah_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *claps excitedly*

This guide has really opened my eyes to a lot of things. In my nearly four years of playing (been around a long time, but was a late bloomer on posting in forums, obviously. and i could only be on sporadically, due to internet issues.) on various characters, dungeons always intimidated me. I'd hang back and watch, and TRY to learn the mechanics of how things came together, and I'd never dare to attack, for fear of making those big 'ol baddies notice little old me cowering in the back of the group. Now I have a better understanding of how each of my characters can play a key role in the party without making a big hairy mess for everyone else. Well written so that even a ditzy twit like me can catch a clue. Wish I'd been smart enough to find this long ago. I'd always been afraid to speak up and ask questions because I was afraid I'd get punted from the party for being such a noob.

TY for this wonderful glimpse into a subject that has confused me for a long time. I know I'll be a more meaningful addition to squads from here on out.

Still learning and growing as I go,

The Perpetual Newblet
  • Bodoheim - Dreamweaver
    Bodoheim - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good enough review. Now I will be able to take a closer look at my skills, and the existence of a preferred.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Updates from the new skills, from my experience.

Stomp of the King!! Use it every chance you get once you can learn it. This is powerful enough to rip aggro straight off a seeker of equivalent gear. It acts essentially as a ROAR + REAM at the same time. Its got a longer cool down, but the aggro amount really is massive, and they didn't lie this time in the description.

If you want to put out some serious damage and grip some serious aggro as a barb to retain that aggro in spawn point deltas:

activate Blood rush - stomp of the king to grip that aggro like a champ - activate bestial rage - demon sunder - humanoid swap - demon arma.

maybe you'll hit a zerk crit with those fancy new axes of yours :) Make those seekers envy your aggro retention skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    JessyWolf - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Interesting :)
    "Within Us all there lies a Wolf laying in wait until called upon" f:fan
    Its true f:shy ^_^
    "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    o.O is this still useful?