Farewell my friends!

Options

Comments

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    didnt expect to see this when i popped on the forum to see if ther were any updates about tht new expansion have a good life frankieb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'll admit frankie, I was pretty bitter about spoons, and when you came on, I did not give you an entirely fair shot. And I apologize for that.

CM's come and go, make advances in their career, move to other gaming companies. It is sad when it happens, as when we communicate with you daily over the years, we develop a form of relationship that is not far from friendship.

You did well, man. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to PWI. I hope your future takes you to your wildest dreams and then some :)
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    so the community manage which was never available beside of posting mainteance notices is officially gone now ?

yay, what a loss for this forum b:kiss

You are what we call a doos in my language.

You obviously have no idea how online community managers work do you? They are only allowed to respond to what their bosses allow them to! Some threads that frankie responded to got him in trouble even. Stop being a biitch cause you have no clue what you are talking about!

Goodbye frankie! You will be missed, thank you for trying your best to respond to us even when you weren't allowed to. I really hope you left out of your own free will. Thank you for putting up with all our QQ, goodbye you will be missed <3
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Good bye and good luck

I am excited that maybe we will get a CM that is honest and does his best for the community and company now. Someone who takes responsibility for his actions. I dont like people who lie alot so never been a fan of Frankie but hopefully he will find a job that fits him better now and we players can get a nicer person to communicate with.
  • Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Goodbye! You will be very missed around these parts. Face and feet forward and relish the new adventure you are setting out on! Best wishes!
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Good bye and good luck

I am excited that maybe we will get a CM that is honest and does his best for the community and company now. Someone who takes responsibility for his actions. I dont like people who lie alot so never been a fan of Frankie but hopefully he will find a job that fits him better now and we players can get a nicer person to communicate with.

will you people just gtfo with your negativity and let those that respected frankie, despite all of the things that happened, say there goodbyes.

i mean...

this is pretty much like a funeral. is this how you would act at a funeral? would you even go to the funeral of somepony you weren't a "fan" of?

theres no reason or exuse for that kind of talk in this thread. i all about trolling and flank fluster but i mean come on. time and a place and this is nether.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    b:cry Bye Bye Frankie b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well, have a good 1 frankie...b:victory

And most definately, thank you for your 2(+) years of work on the {PWi} community, as its resident {CM}

Aswell as for sticking it out, until the Forums (Spam Bot attacks) were finally being countered.... Woulda seriously sucked, had you left during their assaults apex on the forums (woulda upset alot of people & left them in a despondent state of disbelief) had you made this announcement back during the siege on the forums)(b:shocked)

b:thanks__Well as I said before, have a good 1 and take care... Maybe we'll hear from you again on any other standard users accounts, that you may still have active for {PWi} like Kritty's been doing with his main (players/user) account.....b:victory
  • blastertaber
    blastertaber Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hey guys,

Today is my last day at PWE, and I want to express how honored I am to have served as your Community Manager for as long as I did. I know I say this in my blog posts a lot, but it's absolutely true -- never have I seen such a creatively talented community of players as the one PWI has. You guys are passionate and smart, and all of you are responsible for PWI being such an incredible world. I also sincerely encourage you to work with our moderation team to come up with suggestions in the new Suggestions thread that KawaiiJen set up (check the Suggestions Forum). Our mods have really made a point of spearheading the project, and the in-house PWI team is fully invested in making as many of these happen as technically possible.

I've had a lot of awesome times here, and I'll never forget them. I wish you all luck in your future endeavors.

Now I leave you in the capable hands of Genotypist, Do0cracy, MonkeyShatter, and our very awesome mod team.

As always, take care of each other, and may our paths cross again soon!

-FrankieRaye

I don't understand how anyone that is at all genuine and logical, could possibly have enjoyed this man's work. His job may have entailed more than just "CM = Community Manager", but his constant lack of doing just that, was one of his largest downfalls.

Frankie took over Spoons job. If you read Spoons' old blog, it is very obvious that he left the company due to the greed and constant theft (yes, a corrupt company would be considered one that thieves). He was hired to manage the community. He was on once or twice a week, and mainly just to close a thread or tell players whether we have maintenance or not. He couldn't do his job well, and respectively should have resigned a long time ago, and left this "CM" job to someone who can do it correctly.

To add to this poor management, Frankie was fond of never answering PMs, questions, requests, locking threads that didn't need locking, purposely ignoring threads for months, banning people that did nothing wrong, etc. The list just keeps going on, really.

The worst part of it all is he kept doing it, even after stating multiple times in threads back in early 2011 that he would be "online more, and communicate better with players". I guess the worst part is the morality of it. Anyone who can boldly lie to other people, represents a greedy company, and doesn't follow through with his own word; is an immoral being, that doesn't deserve the money he gets.

Take what I say as grain of salt, because obviously (I'm posting on a new account) I've had very large issues with the staff of PWE, and Frankie was the top dog on my list. If you don't believe me, start early 2011 in the lower depths/general discussion and enjoy what you read. I know I sure did.

Goodbye Frankie, enjoy your next greedy job.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I am not very good with words, so I will just say that I wish you good luck and good health in the future and may all your endeavours be successful.

Also, I haven't seen Kantorek or hawk in ages... I wasn't aware either of them were still here.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ah... quite a surprise that you're taking your leave on PWE just now, Mr. Raye.

Take care and good luck!
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I don't understand how anyone that is at all genuine and logical, could possibly have enjoyed this man's work. His job may have entailed more than just "CM = Community Manager", but his constant lack of doing just that, was one of his largest downfalls.

Frankie took over Spoons job. If you read Spoons' old blog, it is very obvious that he left the company due to the greed and constant theft (yes, a corrupt company would be considered one that thieves). He was hired to manage the community. He was on once or twice a week, and mainly just to close a thread or tell players whether we have maintenance or not. He couldn't do his job well, and respectively should have resigned a long time ago, and left this "CM" job to someone who can do it correctly.

To add to this poor management, Frankie was fond of never answering PMs, questions, requests, locking threads that didn't need locking, purposely ignoring threads for months, banning people that did nothing wrong, etc. The list just keeps going on, really.

The worst part of it all is he kept doing it, even after stating multiple times in threads back in early 2011 that he would be "online more, and communicate better with players". I guess the worst part is the morality of it. Anyone who can boldly lie to other people, represents a greedy company, and doesn't follow through with his own word; is an immoral being, that doesn't deserve the money he gets.

Take what I say as grain of salt, because obviously (I'm posting on a new account) I've had very large issues with the staff of PWE, and Frankie was the top dog on my list. If you don't believe me, start early 2011 in the lower depths/general discussion and enjoy what you read. I know I sure did.

you might not of liked Frankie, the company he represents or how he did his job. Do you really think that this is the time to be shooting down the Community Manager for how much he went through over the yrs with having to put up with alot of the troll threads and complaints. Frankie has done his job as best he could do it so if you have nothing to say that could be encouraging, then maybe you should take a hike.

PS: Pt 1
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Frankie

Haven't been able to find the words to say here till now. Im sure it was and has been really hard for you to of taken on the complaints and bitterness of the pwi community when things didn't go the right way and how the reputation of PWE was being targeted each and every time. Everyone that had and still have an appreciation for you as being the CM of pwi, wants to express their appreciation toward you for doing the job as best as you could do it even when there were times when you wanted to give us more on problems than what PWE wanted you to say. All of us will miss you Frankie and hope that you'll drop in sometimes as your moving on to something better. TC Frankie and Godspeed.

PS: Pt2 sry for the double post here but had something that i wanted to say.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

I'm not a big fan of Frankie either but he's saying his goodbyes. You could at least be a little more sympathetic to him. Just like the old saying "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"

Take care Frankie and good luck b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

If the company is as greedy and corrupt as you say, why are you still on their forum playing their game?

Best of Luck to you Frankie! I never did get my hug at tht meet n greet event after kastus dropped you in the pool D:
    b:sad
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    snip

Sounds like a bunch of Tremblewith rage.

Grow up, dude. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    snippet

You seemed to have covered things quite well, even if people on here are denying it.

In order to understand why a lot of people don't respect frankie... You would have to been around when Spoons had the job. It was a lot different back then, it felt like we actually had someone who was around often and cared about what we said. It's not even the whole "oh, change happened, let's hate on the change!" sort of thing either.

Frankie... well... I just haven't seen much from him to complement him on. I'm a pretty fair person but I honestly can't recall much of what frankie did in his time here.
    I've been here since beta and I really can't recall anything that would make me appreciate frankie as a cm. Regardless of what he does behind the scenes (whatever he does or doesn't do), he just didn't do enough for the community to have really left a good, lasting impression. The best I've seen from frankie that I can recall at this moment were his stickies for discussion on whatever big issue or big content was going on at the time, and occasional in game appearances.

Frankie was just a mediocre cm. That's all there is to him. He did a few things around here, but most of the time he was just forgettable. He just felt like he was some mod that only came on once in a while to fulfill some duties and then disappear for the rest of the time.

As for frankie and the game itself, he has deficiencies in his knowledge of the game itself. Most of you probably didn't notice it because most of you either don't keep up with information from china or don't know anything about perfect world beyond what you see in game. Even the most experienced of players wouldn't be able to tell unless they've gone beyond with what is in the game.
    It was subtle, but the hints were there, the most recent being Frankie's comment about how smilies worked. (spoiler: he was dead wrong)
    I don't know if I should blame him or blame Wanmei for that, though.

I end my criticism here though. Note I'm not angry or trying to rain on the parade, I'm simply presenting a different view on Frankie.
    Frankie is obviously either one of two things based on what is in this thread: the idiot cm who is rarely around or the lovable cm who is quite busy with his work.
    I have my opinion, you guys have yours.

tl;dr I'm not fond of frankie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I've always been thoroughly disappointed with the facelessness of PW and their lack of community, player, and customer support. However, Frankie was one of the few people who seemed to listen to the player base and try to make changes for the better.

G'luck with the future, we're gonna miss you b:bye
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Tye - Harshlands
    Tye - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Take care, and best of luck to you b:bye
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    being CM is really hard im sure, handling thousands of player, some player are happy and some people are not. There are many player who are happy to see u around and some player are trying to compare u with the previous CM. But all i can say is u trying ur best as CM, its really sad to see u go. But i hope u have a great future in ur new job.

Take care and good luck Frankie

b:kiss
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Think they should choose the replacement with a reality game show. Do a series of podcasts on the site where the different candidates compete in various ways, and the community votes one off every week until we get our winner.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

tl;dr I'm not fond of frankie

Except this isn't a performance review. It's a human being making a life transition and saying farewell to the people who cared. There isn't any reason to dump on him or present a different view. It won't change anything and only serves to possibly hurt feelings. I really hope if you ever leave your current job, when you say goodbye to your friends, that nobody jumps in and talks about how much better off everyone will be due to your failings. Because nobody is perfect and we all have them. There is a time and a place for venting those kinds of criticisms. It's a not a discussion on his time here, it's a farewell. Do you really need to get in one last pot shot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "Goodbye little leaf,"
    said the tree,
    "May the wind blow you into your dreams."
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    will you people just gtfo with your negativity and let those that respected frankie, despite all of the things that happened, say there goodbyes.

i mean...

this is pretty much like a funeral. is this how you would act at a funeral? would you even go to the funeral of somepony you weren't a "fan" of?

theres no reason or exuse for that kind of talk in this thread. i all about trolling and flank fluster but i mean come on. time and a place and this is nether.

After years of protests the corrupt person leaves his position. If it was a politician or something the protesters would all gather to celebrate. This is out place for that. We remember the hard years and try to show hope for a brighter future. If you will this is our arab spring. Lets hope something good comes out of it for us.
  • McGuinnes - Heavens Tear
    McGuinnes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thank you for your support Frankieraye.
    Good luck with your next job,

Take Care ;-)
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    After years of protests the corrupt person leaves his position. If it was a politician or something the protesters would all gather to celebrate. This is out place for that. We remember the hard years and try to show hope for a brighter future. If you will this is our arab spring. Lets hope something good comes out of it for us.

LOL corrupt. Do you want to exaggerate it a little more? He was just a messenger. If he had any ability to call any shots it would have been in a very shallow, minuscule level.

He managed the community as best as he could and was allowed to. Being someone who worked with Frankie for a little over two years I have gotten to know him both on a professional and personal level and I will not let some forum troll disrespect someone based on false, hateful accusations that had nothing to do with him as a community manager and a human being.

You're a joke.
  • EatMyMAGina - Harshlands
    EatMyMAGina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    me for new GM :D

WHAT YOU'RE LEAVING?! you've done lots for the community and thanks frankie for all your hard work, must not be easy to have to always deal with everyone QQ-ing

good luck in your future!b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hey frankie,

I wish you the best in your future projects.
    I hope you had fun in the meantime and that people did not cause you too much trouble.

Take care! Farewell for now~ (guess the reference)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • DeathenShada - Archosaur
    DeathenShada - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    nuuuuu bye bye Franky =( I hope life treats you well thanks for being so dedicated and taking good care of the pwi community.. you will be missed :*(
This discussion has been closed.