Farewell my friends!

Comments

• Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey guys,

Today is my last day at PWE, and I want to express how honored I am to have served as your Community Manager for as long as I did. I know I say this in my blog posts a lot, but it's absolutely true -- never have I seen such a creatively talented community of players as the one PWI has. You guys are passionate and smart, and all of you are responsible for PWI being such an incredible world. I also sincerely encourage you to work with our moderation team to come up with suggestions in the new Suggestions thread that KawaiiJen set up (check the Suggestions Forum). Our mods have really made a point of spearheading the project, and the in-house PWI team is fully invested in making as many of these happen as technically possible.

I've had a lot of awesome times here, and I'll never forget them. I wish you all luck in your future endeavors.

Now I leave you in the capable hands of Genotypist, Do0cracy, MonkeyShatter, and our very awesome mod team.

As always, take care of each other, and may our paths cross again soon!

-FrankieRaye

You were worthless. You did not communicate with the community when it was needed most. I hope PWI realized this and replaced you with someone more competent.

Thanks.
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Good words ChaoticShelly

if it were up to me all these no life forum trolls would be removed from Forums.It's all troll, fun, and games until somebody crosses the line and disrespects.
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    LOL corrupt. Do you want to exaggerate it a little more? He was just a messenger. If he had any ability to call any shots it would have been in a very shallow, minuscule level.

He managed the community as best as he could and was allowed to. Being someone who worked with Frankie for a little over two years I have gotten to know him both on a professional and personal level and I will not let some forum troll disrespect someone based on false, hateful accusations that had nothing to do with him as a community manager and a human being.

You're a joke.

I'm glad you got to know him...but i can guarantee the majority of the PWI community did not. There's no doubt that people above frankie are to blame for most things. Even with that said though, I'd hardly call frankieraye a messenger when it took him 5-30 days to even post on an important subject on hand.

I am being an *** but I'm being genuine at least. If frankieraye had talked to us more and kept us up to date more I might feel differently. As it was though, he left me hanging, feeling wishy-washy, and uninformed.
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Take care Frankie, I wish you all the best!

And i agree with ArmaniEx.
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am sad to see you go, especially now, when things were starting to look up in the edits scene.

Anyone saying **** about corruption or how terrible Frankie was, has probably never worked for customer service before.

I am pretty sure main management has been changed several times since spoons was around(either by policy, people or mentality). Frankieraye was told what he could say and do. I am sure if he was allowed to, he would have said a lot more or done a lot more.

I'd complain about PWE, not the human meat shield being tossed out to us, the angry mob of customers. They're the ones choosing our sales and what we do and don't get.

I am sure the next CM will be ridiculed and tortured as much as Frankieraye was. I fully expect to see all of the negative people here be a part of that brigade. It makes me a little sad, honestly, but there will always be horridly negative people. Always.

I hope you get to go somewhere with a little more leeway, Frankieraye. Don't let management keep you down! Fight the man b:angry
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I am sad to see you go, especially now, when things were starting to look up in the edits scene.

Anyone saying **** about corruption or how terrible Frankie was, has probably never worked for customer service before.

I am pretty sure main management has been changed several times since spoons was around(either by policy, people or mentality). Frankieraye was told what he could say and do. I am sure if he was allowed to, he would have said a lot more or done a lot more.

I'd complain about PWE, not the human meat shield being tossed out to us, the angry mob of customers. They're the ones choosing our sales and what we do and don't get.

I am sure the next CM will be ridiculed and tortured as much as Frankieraye was. I fully expect to see all of the negative people here be a part of that brigade. It makes me a little sad, honestly, but there will always be horridly negative people. Always.

I hope you get to go somewhere with a little more leeway, Frankieraye. Don't let management keep you down! Fight the man b:angry

The funny thing, which I know many people will try and dispute this, but him and Spoons were ridiculed. Apparently, it's all part of the job, just like us mods. But I guess you never know what you had until it's gone.
    edited October 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    The funny thing, which I know many people will try and dispute this, but him and Spoons were ridiculed. Apparently, it's all part of the job, just like us mods. But I guess you never know what you had until it's gone.

I wasn't really around for spoons. I just know what it's like when you work CS and the policies change, management changes, etc. I just assume that it was a lot more player friendly in the beginning, while they were figuring out how to pump the most money out of us.

Now look at us. Ticket systems are less personal, pack sales everywhere, glitches being rewarded and much more(WTFFASHIONINPACKS FFFFFUUUUUU). I know it's not just PWE's fault, either. Wanmei puts the fashion and flyers into packs. Wanmei comes up with our content.

I feel like we've been totally abandoned. It's really sad.
  • krisnda
    edited October 2012
    Now look at us. Ticket systems are less personal, pack sales everywhere, glitches being rewarded and much more(WTFFASHIONINPACKS FFFFFUUUUUU). I know it's not just PWE's fault, either. Wanmei puts the fashion and flyers into packs. Wanmei comes up with our content.

I feel like we've been totally abandoned. It's really sad.

b:sad
    edited October 2012
    b:sad

You're part of the we D:! Don't feel left out! b:kiss
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    At the same time, lots of pack exclusives don't have to be that way. Same with the distant and indifferent feel we get here. PWI is as much to blame as our devs and producer in many areas.

Consider how many fashions and aerogear have been here since the beginning (or a sufficiently large time) and STILL haven't been released to us even though there's never going to be a pack with it.
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    At the same time, lots of pack exclusives don't have to be that way. Same with the distant and indifferent feel we get here. PWI is as much to blame as our devs and producer in many areas.

Consider how many fashions and aerogear have been here since the beginning (or a sufficiently large time) and STILL haven't been released to us even though there's never going to be a pack with it.

Yea, I stated that in an earlier post. I just know that PWE aren't the sole offenders here. Wanmei started the fire, PWE adds the gasoline and wood. I'm sure they tossed a few employees in, too.

They are capable of separating pack stuff from packs (Frost flyer boutique sale, teleport bell sales, etc). They just know they'll make more money with packs. Hell, I'd love to have my own dark lord sets. Both colors. I know I won't be getting them, unless I decide to blow the 70+ m for them. That's how it is. I want to say otherwise, but I can't.

Now imagine Frankieraye being in the middle of all of this. PWE's mistake, Frankie takes the heat from their customers, in their stead. I... Don't think I'd want to be a CM for them, either. b:surrender

... Not to say I don't respect the workers here. Just that I don't want to be in their place.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah. Being customer service for a company as horrible as this one is a job I don't envy.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Bye Bye
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Bye Bye
    will you people just gtfo with your negativity and let those that respected frankie, despite all of the things that happened, say there goodbyes.

i mean...

this is pretty much like a funeral. is this how you would act at a funeral? would you even go to the funeral of somepony you weren't a "fan" of?

theres no reason or exuse for that kind of talk in this thread. i all about trolling and flank fluster but i mean come on. time and a place and this is nether.

Funeral? I thought it was a celebration.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As you know, I never got along with you and I had issues with your choices in a number of areas.

Well, I decided to take the high road...

I hope your rewards on your new path in life are equal to your efforts here in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyGreyLace - Dreamweaver
    LadyGreyLace - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wow this was a suprise, not one expected either. Frankie hope your next posting all you hope for.

b:bye b:bye b:bye
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    best anniversary gift ever!!!!!thanx God!!!!!!

tho gl frankieb:bye
  • Dextar - Dreamweaver
    Dextar - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Goodbye, and best of luck for whatever you'll be doing after PWE :)

Rehdon
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    LOL corrupt. Do you want to exaggerate it a little more? He was just a messenger. If he had any ability to call any shots it would have been in a very shallow, minuscule level.

He managed the community as best as he could and was allowed to. Being someone who worked with Frankie for a little over two years I have gotten to know him both on a professional and personal level and I will not let some forum troll disrespect someone based on false, hateful accusations that had nothing to do with him as a community manager and a human being.

You're a joke.

I do not know him personally. I havent had the chance to met him in person. I am sure he is a very nice person on that level. I only know him from the messages he left to the community. Those were often full of false promises and blatant lies. Often those lies seemed out of place and not at all necessary. I dont like that kind of behaviour. It was his way and it is very common in the corporate world but that doesnt mean i have to like it or approve of it. It was his choice. Therefor i think as a community manager he was awful and he showed personality traits i didnt like. Maybe he did that for professional reasons but i can only comment on what i saw and the work i could see him do. Based on that i am glad he is gone.

I think the community deserves someone who is honest and will not use lies to try and calm people down until they know the person was lying. I do not think it is a bad thing to be against such things. Sorry.

I do understand he is your friend but surely that cant change how i or others feel about him. I am not that experienced in the mmo gaming world but i saw how spoons worked and have had some small touchdowns with other games and their forums and i have not seen anyone else work the way Frankie did. There can be different levels of honesty and openness but to my knowledge no one else blatantly lies like he did. I guess when we get a new community manager we will see how that person works. I hope for someone open and honest that cares for the community and the people.

I got the feeling you felt i was accusing Frankie of things that happens in the game. If that is the case i can ensure you that is not what i did nor to my knowledge have i ever done so. I am just against his behavior towards us in the community. If you think he acted well there that is your right of course but i hope you will give me the right to hold my point of view too.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think the community deserves someone who is honest and will not use lies to try and calm people down until they know the person was lying. I do not think it is a bad thing to be against such things. Sorry.

Asking for honesty? Lol. Do you even know what a CMs job is? They can't say anything but what their higher ups tell them to or they get fired.

And you know what? You won't get your oh so helpful person because they either get fired like spoons or end up quitting themselves because they don't want to deal with the **** anymore.

Get a clue about business, seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012

And in what way is attempting to make Steven (the CM's name) feel bad about himself going to help the community? In what way is that going to make a new CM do better? In what way is ruining someone's farewell going to solve any of the problems you presented? In what way can it change the past? The answer to all of that is that it can't. All your doing is making a hard thing harder for an individual who is making an difficult life change. And btw anytime someone switches jobs that they've worked for a few years, it's difficult.

Want to know a secret? I've been in Frankie's position to some extent. The college that I worked as a customer service supervisor for had a couple of scandals. And I was absolutely forbidden from saying anything about it. These were IRL issues too, not this stupid game ****. And there were other people that I was unable to help because I'd lose my job, despite very much wanting to do so. When you work for customer support, none of the management decisions are up to you. That doesn't stop anyone from getting angry with you. That doesn't stop anyone from treating you like garbage over something you have no control over. I've had things thrown at me because I was unable to issue a refund for them. I had one guy try to hit me because I couldn't get him is 5 dollars back for a parking pass that he was unable to use. I really wanted to do so, but the money belonged to the police department. And they had already warned us that issuing unauthorized refunds would be considered stealing. And call me crazy, but I didn't want to steal from the police. And yes, I was physically able to do so. But I was not allowed to so because of policies in place.

I wasn't going to risk my livelihood for that guy. And I can understand that not everyone has the ability to switch jobs easily. That we can't all risk our jobs because of policies we don't like. This is just a poorly run video game for you. But this is what put a roof over Frankie's head and food in his stomach. Spoons got himself fired. It's nice that he had the luxury to mouth off and get himself fired, but not everyone does.

You don't know what kind of policies were in place or whether or not Frankie was in a position to do anything more than he did. You don't have to make it hard for him as he's leaving. It accomplishes nothing. At then of the day customer service agents are human beings doing the best that they can. They have no control over the policies of management. To treat them like garbage because the person you're really mad at is unavailable is terrible. And jerks like you were the worst part of that job. You're entitled to your opinion, but keep to yourself and the people that care. Quit taking it out on the customer service. It makes that job so much harder than it needs to be.

Customer service is one of the hardest, most frustrating, difficult jobs there is and it's because of people like you. They aren't your whipping boy. They aren't your chew toy. They are there to listen, not to take abuse. Treat other people the way you'd want to be treated, and get off your high horse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It was fun having you around Steven, I know it wasn't always pleasent but there are a lot of us who have a great deal of respect for you. I'm glad you stuck around as long as you did and am even happier to know where you are going is somewhere you've always wanted to be.

So instead of saying good bye as I am sure I will see you around there, I will just say Troll you later! b:chuckle
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hate goodbyes.

Thank you for all your help in a general way for us, and in a specific way in the times you've helped me out.

Good luck on your next job.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And in what way is attempting to make Steven (the CM's name) feel bad about himself going to help the community? In what way is that going to make a new CM do better? In what way is ruining someone's farewell going to solve any of the problems you presented? In what way can it change the past? The answer to all of that is that it can't. All your doing is making a hard thing harder for an individual who is making an difficult life change. And btw anytime someone switches jobs that they've worked for a few years, it's difficult.

Want to know a secret? I've been in Frankie's position to some extent. The college that I worked as a customer service supervisor for had a couple of scandals. And I was absolutely forbidden from saying anything about it. These were IRL issues too, not this stupid game ****. And there were other people that I was unable to help because I'd lose my job, despite very much wanting to do so. When you work for customer support, none of the management decisions are up to you. That doesn't stop anyone from getting angry with you. That doesn't stop anyone from treating you like garbage over something you have no control over. I've had things thrown at me because I was unable to issue a refund for them. I had one guy try to hit me because I couldn't get him is 5 dollars back for a parking pass that he was unable to use. I really wanted to do so, but the money belonged to the police department. And they had already warned us that issuing unauthorized refunds would be considered stealing. And call me crazy, but I didn't want to steal from the police. And yes, I was physically able to do so. But I was not allowed to so because of policies in place.

I wasn't going to risk my livelihood for that guy. And I can understand that not everyone has the ability to switch jobs easily. That we can't all risk our jobs because of policies we don't like. This is just a poorly run video game for you. But this is what put a roof over Frankie's head and food in his stomach. Spoons got himself fired. It's nice that he had the luxury to mouth off and get himself fired, but not everyone does.

You don't know what kind of policies were in place or whether or not Frankie was in a position to do anything more than he did. You don't have to make it hard for him as he's leaving. It accomplishes nothing. At then of the day customer service agents are human beings doing the best that they can. They have no control over the policies of management. To treat them like garbage because the person you're really mad at is unavailable is terrible. And jerks like you were the worst part of that job. You're entitled to your opinion, but keep to yourself and the people that care. Quit taking it out on the customer service. It makes that job so much harder than it needs to be.

Customer service is one of the hardest, most frustrating, difficult jobs there is and it's because of people like you. They aren't your whipping boy. They aren't your chew toy. They are there to listen, not to take abuse. Treat other people the way you'd want to be treated, and get off your high horse.

To Venus: Well said Venus

Does everyone not know that there are term agreements for every company that a person works for? you have to follow their terms or you wont get hired on and if you did step over the line of the terms agreement (aka contract) they can pull your plug completely. Its how it works with businesses so if anyone didn't like how Frankie (Steven) did his job than you have no clue how stressful it was for him to do it and i'm sure venus will agree with me mostly but not completely here.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2012

-snip-

The college that I worked as a customer service supervisor for had a couple of scandals. And I was absolutely forbidden from saying anything about it.

-snip-

completely off-topic, but i find it disturbing that colleges even have a position called "customer service representative"

its a sad commentary that college students are no longer referred to internally as students, but rather customers, and colleges are now student-loan-originators first and educational institutions second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited October 2012
    completely off-topic, but i find it disturbing that colleges even have a position called "customer service representative"

its a sad commentary that college students are no longer referred to internally as students, but rather NUMBERS, and colleges are now student-loan-originators first and educational institutions second.

Fixed.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Awww Good Luck to wherever your feet land you next Frankie!

I might not have agreed to everything you wrote but I also understood that it was not your decision. I wish others could understand you were only doing your job, there is no reason to dislike you for that. Short-minded thinking is the problem with this world, always has been. I feel sorry for the next CM that takes over. b:shocked

I remember the post when you took over for Spoons and it's sad to have to see this post of you leaving. You were a very big part of this community. Good Luck.
    b:bye
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Goodbye Frankie b:cute

Good luck at your new job b:flower
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRANKIE DUN GO b:cry
    now who will advice me to stop name, shame and flame peoples of forum? b:cry
    well if you're going anyway, have fun in your perfect real life worldb:byeb:sad

AND KRINSDA THE ANNOYING RED COLOR IS MINE!!!11!!1 HANDS OFF YO!!b:angry
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bye frankie, never really talked to you other than seeing you around but I know you've done the best ya could with the things that have to be done

As a former Mod of many company forums I have learned that no matter how hard you try to help and no matter how much you work to try and get things done. There will always be people out there that will ridicule and slam you because of the way you have to handle company policies and/or forum rules...people will be constantly trying to kiss your *** and if that doesnt work, you will be at the top of their chit list....I myself when I moderated the GameShark and MadCats forums I had so many hate sites made against me simply because I was doing my job...when moderating a forum with 500,000+ members theres no way to make everyone happy

All I can say is keep your head up high and do the best you can. Theres no way to make everyone happy, you just have to grin and bare it :)
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
This discussion has been closed.