Farewell my friends!

Options

Comments

• Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The forums won't be the same without you, Frankie. b:sad

I wish you well in your next endeavors, may you find happiness and success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    bye frankie, never really talked to you other than seeing you around but I know you've done the best ya could with the things that have to be done

As a former Mod of many company forums I have learned that no matter how hard you try to help and no matter how much you work to try and get things done. There will always be people out there that will ridicule and slam you because of the way you have to handle company policies and/or forum rules...people will be constantly trying to kiss your *** and if that doesnt work, you will be at the top of their chit list....I myself when I moderated the GameShark and MadCats forums I had so many hate sites made against me simply because I was doing my job...when moderating a forum with 500,000+ members theres no way to make everyone happy

All I can say is keep your head up high and do the best you can. Theres no way to make everyone happy, you just have to grin and bare it :)

The mods here thank you for your comment. b:cute
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    http://i.imgur.com/UAeM9.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wmYHm.jpg Was like my high point from years of PWI getting romantic with frankie lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    And in what way is attempting to make Steven (the CM's name) feel bad about himself going to help the community? In what way is that going to make a new CM do better? In what way is ruining someone's farewell going to solve any of the problems you presented? In what way can it change the past? The answer to all of that is that it can't. All your doing is making a hard thing harder for an individual who is making an difficult life change. And btw anytime someone switches jobs that they've worked for a few years, it's difficult.

Want to know a secret? I've been in Frankie's position to some extent. The college that I worked as a customer service supervisor for had a couple of scandals. And I was absolutely forbidden from saying anything about it. These were IRL issues too, not this stupid game ****. And there were other people that I was unable to help because I'd lose my job, despite very much wanting to do so. When you work for customer support, none of the management decisions are up to you. That doesn't stop anyone from getting angry with you. That doesn't stop anyone from treating you like garbage over something you have no control over. I've had things thrown at me because I was unable to issue a refund for them. I had one guy try to hit me because I couldn't get him is 5 dollars back for a parking pass that he was unable to use. I really wanted to do so, but the money belonged to the police department. And they had already warned us that issuing unauthorized refunds would be considered stealing. And call me crazy, but I didn't want to steal from the police. And yes, I was physically able to do so. But I was not allowed to so because of policies in place.

I wasn't going to risk my livelihood for that guy. And I can understand that not everyone has the ability to switch jobs easily. That we can't all risk our jobs because of policies we don't like. This is just a poorly run video game for you. But this is what put a roof over Frankie's head and food in his stomach. Spoons got himself fired. It's nice that he had the luxury to mouth off and get himself fired, but not everyone does.

You don't know what kind of policies were in place or whether or not Frankie was in a position to do anything more than he did. You don't have to make it hard for him as he's leaving. It accomplishes nothing. At then of the day customer service agents are human beings doing the best that they can. They have no control over the policies of management. To treat them like garbage because the person you're really mad at is unavailable is terrible. And jerks like you were the worst part of that job. You're entitled to your opinion, but keep to yourself and the people that care. Quit taking it out on the customer service. It makes that job so much harder than it needs to be.

Customer service is one of the hardest, most frustrating, difficult jobs there is and it's because of people like you. They aren't your whipping boy. They aren't your chew toy. They are there to listen, not to take abuse. Treat other people the way you'd want to be treated, and get off your high horse.

I am sorry but you are accusing me of a lot of things you have no idea of. At the same time you are saying i am not allowed to do that about Frankie (or Steven). In honest it wasnt something i did either. I do not like him for the lies he told. I do not blame him for how PWE or PWI is run nor for how the game has progressed. I only commented on the personal lies from him.

I do feel this is a poorly run video game in some regards. Frankie had nothing to do with that nor have i ever said that he does. That was your false assumption. I think it would have put the roof over his head and food in his stomach without the lies.

I have worked in customer support for 2 years myself. A lot of people calling in to vent their frustations and a lot of personal threats when i couldnt help them the way they wanted. Personally i never stooped to lies. I didnt feel it was necessary. I do know how it is like to be in customer support but i do not feel it is an excuse to use blatant lies. I am sorry but i do not think it is something bad to be against lies and the people who tell them.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    And in what way is attempting to make Steven (the CM's name) feel bad about himself going to help the community? In what way is that going to make a new CM do better? In what way is ruining someone's farewell going to solve any of the problems you presented? In what way can it change the past? The answer to all of that is that it can't. All your doing is making a hard thing harder for an individual who is making an difficult life change. And btw anytime someone switches jobs that they've worked for a few years, it's difficult.

Want to know a secret? I've been in Frankie's position to some extent. The college that I worked as a customer service supervisor for had a couple of scandals. And I was absolutely forbidden from saying anything about it. These were IRL issues too, not this stupid game ****. And there were other people that I was unable to help because I'd lose my job, despite very much wanting to do so. When you work for customer support, none of the management decisions are up to you. That doesn't stop anyone from getting angry with you. That doesn't stop anyone from treating you like garbage over something you have no control over. I've had things thrown at me because I was unable to issue a refund for them. I had one guy try to hit me because I couldn't get him is 5 dollars back for a parking pass that he was unable to use. I really wanted to do so, but the money belonged to the police department. And they had already warned us that issuing unauthorized refunds would be considered stealing. And call me crazy, but I didn't want to steal from the police. And yes, I was physically able to do so. But I was not allowed to so because of policies in place.

I wasn't going to risk my livelihood for that guy. And I can understand that not everyone has the ability to switch jobs easily. That we can't all risk our jobs because of policies we don't like. This is just a poorly run video game for you. But this is what put a roof over Frankie's head and food in his stomach. Spoons got himself fired. It's nice that he had the luxury to mouth off and get himself fired, but not everyone does.

You don't know what kind of policies were in place or whether or not Frankie was in a position to do anything more than he did. You don't have to make it hard for him as he's leaving. It accomplishes nothing. At then of the day customer service agents are human beings doing the best that they can. They have no control over the policies of management. To treat them like garbage because the person you're really mad at is unavailable is terrible. And jerks like you were the worst part of that job. You're entitled to your opinion, but keep to yourself and the people that care. Quit taking it out on the customer service. It makes that job so much harder than it needs to be.

Customer service is one of the hardest, most frustrating, difficult jobs there is and it's because of people like you. They aren't your whipping boy. They aren't your chew toy. They are there to listen, not to take abuse. Treat other people the way you'd want to be treated, and get off your high horse.

They do have a choice, and whether they choose to be honest or not is entirely up to them.Nobody held a gun to Franky's head telling him to be dishonest or distant from the community, that was entirely his choice. In the end it's simple a matter of what is more important to you and what is at stake. Is it honesty? Or is it your Job and everything else that goes along with that?

And if they so choose to go on the dishonest path and get hated for it, you are in 0 position to tell anyone that they are on 'their high horse' for stating their unhappiness or feelings about that person. The one who chose the dishonest path is getting what was coming to them whether it put a roof over their head and food in their stomach. There will be consequences to every action you so choose. And unfortunately for Franky this is the outcome of his choice. So really I think you should just ignore people stating their hatred/disgust for Franky because he brought it on himself.

But again it's your choice, feel free to defend himb:bye.
  • TheBaroness - Sanctuary
    TheBaroness - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This is like loosing Spoons all over again :-/

Take Care

As always, take care of each other, and may our paths cross again soon!

Reminds me of The Hunger Games for some reason....
    "And may the odds be forever in your favor!"
  • runningdancer
    runningdancer Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Farewell, Frankie. We will miss you. :(
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    First Spoons, now frankie b:cry Take care, thanks for all youve done for us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • HagiSin - Sanctuary
    HagiSin - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    you will really be miss'd. we all at pwi will miss you b:surrender
    b:bye have a nice adventure b:cry
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    They do have a choice, and whether they choose to be honest or not is entirely up to them.Nobody held a gun to Franky's head telling him to be dishonest or distant from the community, that was entirely his choice. In the end it's simple a matter of what is more important to you and what is at stake. Is it honesty? Or is it your Job and everything else that goes along with that?

And if they so choose to go on the dishonest path and get hated for it, you are in 0 position to tell anyone that they are on 'their high horse' for stating their unhappiness or feelings about that person. The one who chose the dishonest path is getting what was coming to them whether it put a roof over their head and food in their stomach. There will be consequences to every action you so choose. And unfortunately for Franky this is the outcome of his choice. So really I think you just ignore people stating their hatred/disgust for Franky because he brought it on himself.

But again it's your choice, feel free to defend himb:bye.

you've totally missed what venus was saying here, when it comes to being in public relations or in customer service you cant always be honest bout everything or it'll get ya fired from your job. Frankie did his job as best he could. plus venus is in a 100% position to tell someone to get off their high horse including you. you have no idea what its like being in public relations or customer service. people in either of those job positions cant just simply say anything and everything or they'll get penalized or reprimanded by their superior for doing so. Whatever Frankie said or did is not a reflection of the company. If you want to practically blame someone, then maybe ya should blame the Devs or PWE for that matter.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Good Luck in all you do...others will have big shoes to fill.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options
    you've totally missed what venus was saying here, when it comes to being in public relations or in customer service you cant always be honest bout everything or it'll get ya fired from your job. Frankie did his job as best he could. plus venus is in a 100% position to tell someone to get off their high horse including you. you have no idea what its like being in public relations or customer service. people in either of those job positions cant just simply say anything and everything or they'll get penalized or reprimanded by their superior for doing so. Whatever Frankie said or did is not a reflection of the company. If you want to practically blame someone, then maybe ya should blame the Devs or PWE for that matter.

You are incorrect. I did not miss the point of her post, if you read carefully what I posted, I am responding to the fact that regardless of what a company allows you to do it has no control in the end on what you choose to tell your fellow community. As I tried to state in my previous post,no matter what is at stake or what matters to you most, you will be viewed by others generally by what you have said or done, those are the consequences when you work for a company as any form as a spokes person.

Now if you want to get into the problems with saying what ever you want to say I already fully know the dangers of doing so. That being said I wont elaborate any further on that, I am sure you are intelligent enough to understand what that means.

Second you made the assumption I have no idea what working in public relations or customer service is like, you are wrong again.

All I am saying is that this a forum, and I believe everyone is equally allowed to state their feelings about the way someone in higher authority did things. Wether that be positive feelings or negative.

If because someone states their personal opinion about someone in authority and it is negative/opposite to your experiences with that person, and that is being on 'their high horse' as Venus seems to be implying. Well then I am shocked and somewhat amused.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    who's replacing you? sory if this question seems rude. but I dont know you so I cant say i'd miss u. but gl
  • oralungo
    oralungo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Good Luck.. and thank for ur work.. hope u can sleep well starting now.. b:chuckle hmm... if u miss us/pwi get here as a playerb:laugh
  • $ox - Sanctuary
    $ox - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    cya mate, have a good life b:chuckle b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You are incorrect. I did not miss the point of her post, if you read carefully what I posted, I am responding to the fact that regardless of what a company allows you to do it has no control in the end on what you choose to tell your fellow community. As I tried to state in my previous post,no matter what is at stake or what matters to you most, you will be viewed by others generally by what you have said or done, those are the consequences when you work for a company as any form as a spokes person.

Now if you want to get into the problems with saying what ever you want to say I already fully know the dangers of doing so. That being said I wont elaborate any further on that, I am sure you are intelligent enough to understand what that means.

Second you made the assumption I have no idea what working in public relations or customer service is like, you are wrong again.

All I am saying is that this a forum, and I believe everyone is equally allowed to state their feelings about the way someone in higher authority did things. Wether that be positive feelings or negative.

If because someone states their personal opinion about someone in authority and it is negative/opposite to your experiences with that person, and that is being on 'their high horse' as Venus seems to be implying. Well then I am shocked and somewhat amused.

Claiming they are morally inferior for "lying to the community," and blah blah blah is getting up on a high horse. That's easy for you to say. And again, you don't know what went on in that office. Sometimes you are fed lies that you only find out later are lies. How do you know that Frankie wasn't told that the d.orbs were causing client instability, for example? How do you know the intent to punish goon glitchers was a lie? You can't know for sure what was a lie and what was a mistake.

At the end of the day customer service only knows as much as they are told and do what they are told. You don't know anything about the guy.

And guess what? Even if it was true and he was just a lying *******. Say this was a goodbye party he was having with his friends at work instead of a thread. Showing up to it just to trash him would be just as in poor taste as what you guys are doing now. It doesn't matter what your personal opinion on him was.

THIS IS NOT A JOB PERFORMANCE REVIEW. This is him saying goodbye as he makes an important life change. Quit taking your unhappiness with the way the company is managed out on him.
    I am sorry but you are accusing me of a lot of things you have no idea of. At the same time you are saying i am not allowed to do that about Frankie (or Steven). In honest it wasnt something i did either. I do not like him for the lies he told. I do not blame him for how PWE or PWI is run nor for how the game has progressed. I only commented on the personal lies from him.

I do feel this is a poorly run video game in some regards. Frankie had nothing to do with that nor have i ever said that he does. That was your false assumption. I think it would have put the roof over his head and food in his stomach without the lies.

I have worked in customer support for 2 years myself. A lot of people calling in to vent their frustations and a lot of personal threats when i couldnt help them the way they wanted. Personally i never stooped to lies. I didnt feel it was necessary. I do know how it is like to be in customer support but i do not feel it is an excuse to use blatant lies. I am sorry but i do not think it is something bad to be against lies and the people who tell them.

Well good for you that you were never given a line you were required to give everyone. And isn't bad to be against lies. It's bad to trash people for no reason other than to hurt their feelings because they did their job as customer service. And the fact that you worked customer service and can't understand that....

completely off-topic, but i find it disturbing that colleges even have a position called "customer service representative"

its a sad commentary that college students are no longer referred to internally as students, but rather customers, and colleges are now student-loan-originators first and educational institutions second.

Well, it was a position in which you helped parents understand how the dorm life was going to work. Provided students living in dorms with basic living services, and helped them navigate the extensive network of people at the University to get in contact with the right person. You also answered any questions they had relating to how the university worked and what they could expect. You also sold basic things like parking permits and issued refunds on things like vending machines. They were really determined that parents had a good first impression of the school so we also helped students moved in. In many cases my team was the only person the student's parents would meet so it was important that they had a positive impression.

As for scandals, because of us having a lot of information, sometimes the press would come up to us and ask us about certain things. Especially since there was a team in every building, and they were all students. So they were more likely to have not only witnessed it, but the news reporters were hoping that we were easily manipulated into speaking about it as well. We were forbidden to say anything to them under threat of termination. And in cases where they were persistent, we were given lines as to what we could say and couldn't say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Claiming they are morally inferior for "lying to the community," and blah blah blah is getting up on a high horse. That's easy for you to say. And again, you don't know what went on in that office. Sometimes you are fed lies that you only find out later are lies. How do you know that Frankie wasn't told that the d.orbs were causing client instability, for example? How do you know the intent to punish goon glitchers was a lie? You can't know for sure what was a lie and what was a mistake.

At the end of the day customer service only knows as much as they are told and do what they are told. You don't know anything about the guy.

And guess what? Even if it was true and he was just a lying *******. Say this was a goodbye party he was having with his friends at work instead of a thread. Showing up to it just to trash him would be just as in poor taste as what you guys are doing now. It doesn't matter what your personal opinion on him was.

THIS IS NOT A JOB PERFORMANCE REVIEW. This is him saying goodbye as he makes an important life change. Quit taking your unhappiness with the way the company is managed out on him.

Well good for you that you were never given a line you were required to give everyone. And isn't bad to be against lies. It's bad to trash people for no reason other than to hurt their feelings because they did their job as customer service. And the fact that you worked customer service and can't understand that....

Well, it was a position in which you helped parents understand how the dorm life was going to work. Provided students living in dorms with basic living services, and helped them navigate the extensive network of people at the University to get in contact with the right person. You also answered any questions they had relating to how the university worked and what they could expect. You also sold basic things like parking permits and issued refunds on things like vending machines. They were really determined that parents had a good first impression of the school so we also helped students moved in. In many cases my team was the only person the student's parents would meet so it was important that they had a positive impression.

As for scandals, because of us having a lot of information, sometimes the press would come up to us and ask us about certain things. Especially since there was a team in every building, and they were all students. So they were more likely to have not only witnessed it, but the news reporters were hoping that we were easily manipulated into speaking about it as well. We were forbidden to say anything to them under threat of termination. And in cases where they were persistent, we were given lines as to what we could say and couldn't say.

Highlight 1: I will simply quote what I said, I hope that it makes sense to you this time what I posted.
    'you will be viewed by others generally by what you have said or done, those are the consequences when you work for a company as any form as a spokes person.'

Since you brought up the Goon glitch punishment I will go into that a little as well as the client instability claim. First of all regardless of what we may or may not know there is this simple thing called logic. If you state your going to punish a set of people for glitching and then only punish some at random(it appeared), then I don't believe the intentions to carry out what you claimed you were going to do were true.As far as I was concerned it was simply to please the community into thinking they were handling the situation(as almost any company will do). Please correct me if I am wrong. Also about the client instability as it related to Dorbs. I think the first thing would be to define to the community what 'client instability' entailed before we can go making any assumptions.

Anyway that is off topic in regards to what we were originally talking about so forgive me.

Highlight 2:Please show me where I trashed him in any of my post.I assume you are referring to me because you said 'you guys are doing'.Thank you in advance.

Although even if Franky did say somethings that you imply to have been 'beyond his control', there are still many other areas that working as a CM involve that Franky according to others did not excel or do well in. Thus causing him to have accumulated people that do not fancy him the same way you might. I wont state my personal opinion of Franky currently because I simply came to say goodbye,although now I am a tad wrapped up in this fun little discussionb:chuckle.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

I do agree with the statements in red.
    Buuuuut, there is nothing wrong with trying to persuade others into your own opinion. b:chuckle

Yes, he lied. Was it really his fault? No. Like others have been saying, Frankie was just a messenger. He really shouldn't be hated because someone else told him one thing and never delivered. That's like some of those people getting mad at forum mods, for not banning goon glitchers. b:chuckle

Funny, because that's probably one of the #1 reasons some people hate Frankie. The Goon incident! Sucks, messengers always get the boot down the endless pit of hate.
    This is... PWI! b:laugh

Guess that's the benefit of the job, like Toomaga wrote. People have always attacked the person nearest and involved. I'm pretty sure his feelings aren't hurt, or whatever. He clearly does see that there are people on his side.

b:bye
  • Healan - Heavens Tear
    Healan - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Wait what? We had a Community Manager after spoons left?
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Wait what? We had a Community Manager after spoons left?

Afraid to post that on your main?
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I vote Uberhaxxornova to be new CM, seriously make it happen
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • summations
    summations Posts: 8 mod
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Great work Steven, you will be missed around the PWE offices.

Good luck.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Take care frankie! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Comatis - Archosaur
    Comatis - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    bye frankie i will miss you........b:cryb:cryb:cryb:bye

p.s is it possible to ban these people talking bad about frankie?..ik we got the whole freedom of speech but plsb:sad
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    never have I seen such a creatively talented community of players as the one PWI has.

He means the God Damn Longknife and that hamster they banned.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • simical
    simical Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Take care man!
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thank you for all your efforts and good luck in the future.
    b:thanksb:sadb:bye

For all the naysayers out there nobody's perfect.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    how can you wish someone good job or good luck in ur new life if your work means to lie to your costumers.

oooh just becouse he is told something from your boss dont mean you have to trust it if all you do is go for what they tell you.

sorry but i sure as hell am not gona wish someone who lies good luck but want spoon back.

gove us spoon back b:angry

spoon i can trust b:pleased
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    He means the God Damn Longknife and that hamster they banned.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Hazel ****ing Murphy b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
This discussion has been closed.