Wizard Skill Changes

Options

Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    this guy reminds me of wizards from back in teh day who argued that you had to stay pure mag and not go LA pre 90. that it was a totally suck *** build for pve/pvp. and yet the LA mages rolled ppl and no one knew the pure mages til 90+

shhhhhh, don't talk about LA pre lvl 90, that can start some trouble . . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lol people use to zhen on catas like what, on vanilla version of PWI?. GL zhening on catas now days and you'll see if it's worth it.

I still zhen on catas, but VERY situational, and usually only against dumb r9 cata barbs that think they can roll into my base with no support.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited September 2012
    Options
    O so your one of those mages who just genie spark everything? or even better, maybe your one of those mages that trip sparks everythin. thats your "adaptation" to how pwi is now. this guy has got to be related to blood.

I never spark anything, actually, the biggest weakness in my game. I need to do it more, but water dragon is soooooo pwetty!
    edited September 2012
    Options

Out of curiosity i looked you up on rankings, not that they are a big deal. but lol at this [URL="http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ranking?

just lawl. So that proved your better at one thing then i am. Dieing

Your citing kd ratio? know who has a high k/d ratio? people that don't pvp or do their job right in tw. b:surrender
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    so many posts blood, and still 1k/dr is pretty awful. its really the only reason i posted it. your not even doing yoru job in tw if your only getting 1 kill per death. which would be drop ulti kill 5-30 people. Having 1 kd/r with 7k kills would be like an assassin in tw. I mean, i agree with liek 90% of what you were saying on ice prison and zhening dumb catas. even in open pvp where i die in less tehn 5 secs to aps r9+12 sins i still have higher kdr then taht. hell i also used to run out in tt90 gear vs barbs with 20k hp and just tick there charm while dieing.

anyways, nice to see you back on forums blood. you occasionally actually make since
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    anyways, nice to see you back on forums blood. you occasionally actually make since

very occasionally, usually it's obvious or nonsense.. I mean he thinks wizzies are an underpowered class, I'll let you guess why he has that point of view b:chuckle
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    very occasionally, usually it's obvious or nonsense.. I mean he thinks wizzies are an underpowered class, I'll let you guess why he has that point of view b:chuckle

Because it is. Underpowered in pve, underpowered in 1 vs 1, and slowly it is even becomming under powered in TW, although certain not quit there yet.

Oh sure, there are others that are slightly worse off, but they were never up there to begin with so they had a less lofty hight from which to fall.

I'd do away with all these stupid attempts at making us a tankier class for a damage boost that would put the balance of wizard vs other classes the way it used to be. I don't mind dying. Really. I mind having a r9 +12 bids hit a similarly geared HA class for only 15% of its hp, if im lucky.

And as for the ad hominem to which you always resort, I'll just leave you with this - at least I don't announce my quitting the game over and over and over again as though anyone would really care that much. I've enjoyed your absence, however. It has allowed me to recognize that its much easier to refuse to argue with children like you than toy with you for sport.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ERMAhGEHRT EHPEEEN!!!
    i like potato
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ERMAhGEHRT EHPEEEN!!!

AHAHAHA for some reason im imagining a random person saying this and now I can't stop laughing XD halp .__.
    edited September 2012
    Options
    go and try to read one of bloods wall o txts quick, that'll stop the laughing and any other feelig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    so many posts blood, and still 1k/dr is pretty awful. its really the only reason i posted it. your not even doing yoru job in tw if your only getting 1 kill per death. which would be drop ulti kill 5-30 people. Having 1 kd/r with 7k kills would be like an assassin in tw. I mean, i agree with liek 90% of what you were saying on ice prison and zhening dumb catas. even in open pvp where i die in less tehn 5 secs to aps r9+12 sins i still have higher kdr then taht. hell i also used to run out in tt90 gear vs barbs with 20k hp and just tick there charm while dieing.

It's ok i'm pretty confident in my skills and that ill SKOOL you with my 1 kdr in 1on1. good day to u too 'person that farm kills on 2 client' b:bye
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    do i really have to read the walls of text by blood
    i had bad experiences doing that in the past so i would usually refrain from doing that

how did you come to kill death ratio?

do you mean the ratio that is shown on rankings?
    or your personal bodycount / deaths durig a tw?

i die roughly 2-3 times within a 30 minute period
    not sure on kills, guess not much since
    i focus on either killing cata barbs or disabling high dd (35 meter range ms before anybody gets hurt)
    best add up to kills is getting chi on 1shotting bms and archers
    other wizards, no matter how crappy deserve a BT... then i have no chi to shrink away and genie empty cause of cloud eruption and spark and die 2shot to boa
    but at least killed another wizard /o/

lately my favorite cause of death is lvl105 assasins who push me into the enemy team abusing arcane defense then telestun freeze within a heartbeat so i dont break out of stun xd
    thats pretty nasty XD
    certain death unless Ad+ig is available

but arcane defense saves my *** so many times. those few deaths cause of it dont matter
    i like potato
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    do i really have to read the walls of text by blood
    i had bad experiences doing that in the past so i would usually refrain from doing that

how did you come to kill death ratio?

do you mean the ratio that is shown on rankings?
    or your personal bodycount / deaths durig a tw?

i die roughly 2-3 times within a 30 minute period
    not sure on kills, guess not much since
    i focus on either killing cata barbs or disabling high dd (35 meter range ms before anybody gets hurt)
    best add up to kills is getting chi on 1shotting bms and archers
    other wizards, no matter how crappy deserve a BT... then i have no chi to shrink away and genie empty cause of cloud eruption and spark and die 2shot to boa
    but at least killed another wizard /o/

lately my favorite cause of death is lvl105 assasins who push me into the enemy team abusing arcane defense then telestun freeze within a heartbeat so i dont break out of stun xd
    thats pretty nasty XD
    certain death unless Ad+ig is available

but arcane defense saves my *** so many times. those few deaths cause of it dont matter

ikr man! k/d ratio don't matter. i bet even u can SK00l this nurfed_you loser in 1on1 hex brahhh
    edited September 2012
    Options
    so again, sas has nothing to add to the conversation so he quotes somehting i say. and add's that he's better and could beat me, so pro man. so pro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    so again, sas has nothing to add to the conversation so he quotes somehting i say. and add's that he's better and could beat me, so pro man. so pro

He's just trying too hard, I think he's trying to catch up to blood by going full r3tard for a few days.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    its trueee, i let my skills do da talking brahhh, nurfed_you all talk and kdr farmer with 2 clients b:laugh

not to mention adroit not even good either!

the best mage on LC is kerize skills wise anyway
    edited September 2012
    Options
    sas, i really can't tell if your trolling. or if you really believe what you say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    sas, i really can't tell if your trolling. or if you really believe what you say

I think he started out being serious, realized he was being stupid and is now trolling hardcore to cover his tracks. If you troll enough now, everyone might think he was trolling before :P
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I think he started out being serious, realized he was being stupid and is now trolling hardcore to cover his tracks. If you troll enough now, everyone might think he was trolling before :P

nope im actually dead serious o.o lol

wanna 2on2 me + kerize vs adroit + nurfed_you, own u kids all day
    edited September 2012
    Options
    adroit, does he not realize that wizards aren't a solo class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    adroit, does he not realize that wizards aren't a solo class

wizards are actually one of the top tier and best solo pvp class...lol losers now days
    edited September 2012
    Options
    so because you can sutra genie spark you think wizards are a good 1v1 solo class? let me guess, you also think clerics are supposed to tempest in tw when they get chi from healing you. that that archers shoudl stormrage instead of boa.

Yeah with nice gear a nice genie and a lot of know how, wizards can be competitive in 1v1's. Every other class does just as good or better with less gear less genie and less skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    proves you're an idiot, go learn mage first cuz straight-out u suck brah lol. if u spend more time practicing in-game and less arguing on forum and pretending u are good, u could improve. but as of now, ur garbage sorry
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lawl. i've been on this game for 4 years. I'm not the one who would rather genie spark a target in tw instead of frenzy an ulti. really though, you don't even try to argue a point. Your like a kid who has run out of things to say, "haha you suck, im better" is all you know how to say. i'd rather argue with bloodmystic, at least he thinks his logic is correct and explains why.

Maybe you should learn why certain classes are good at 1v1s and others arent. Yes a wizard can be good in 1v1's after you've spent at least 2x the coin on it that any and i mean any other class will spend to be good. you have to spend 2x the time on it to even be able to kill things efficiently and develop some combos. you actually have to have skill in order to effectively use the class.

Bm's can get r9+10 with +10 cube neck and herp derp. psys can, archers can, sins dont even need r9 gear just the dags and they can herp derp, barbs can herp derp with morai skills and r9+10, seekers are probably the only other class the takes a little skill to do well with and they are getting buffed to take that away. So yes, wizards can do well in a 1v1. No they are not good at it by the standards set by every other class in the game.

So why don't you spend a little more time in game and actually learn what makes a wizard a good pvp class. Avoid all your little 1v1s, do some group pvp and learn a wizzies strs instead of trying to gear up to do 1v1's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lawl. i've been on this game for 4 years. I'm not the one who would rather genie spark a target in tw instead of frenzy an ulti. really though, you don't even try to argue a point. Your like a kid who has run out of things to say, "haha you suck, im better" is all you know how to say. i'd rather argue with bloodmystic, at least he thinks his logic is correct and explains why.

Maybe you should learn why certain classes are good at 1v1s and others arent. Yes a wizard can be good in 1v1's after you've spent at least 2x the coin on it that any and i mean any other class will spend to be good. you have to spend 2x the time on it to even be able to kill things efficiently and develop some combos. you actually have to have skill in order to effectively use the class.

Bm's can get r9+10 with +10 cube neck and herp derp. psys can, archers can, sins dont even need r9 gear just the dags and they can herp derp, barbs can herp derp with morai skills and r9+10, seekers are probably the only other class the takes a little skill to do well with and they are getting buffed to take that away. So yes, wizards can do well in a 1v1. No they are not good at it by the standards set by every other class in the game.

So why don't you spend a little more time in game and actually learn what makes a wizard a good pvp class. Avoid all your little 1v1s, do some group pvp and learn a wizzies strs instead of trying to gear up to do 1v1's

lol we win group pk most of the times cuz i do pro team work though, i don't care if u played this game for 4 years, its more sad that u still suck and over-think everything. gonna have to ask rebel to let me borrow his mage so i can come teach u a lesson on harshland mang
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

wizard is one of the best 1v1 classes endgame... would only say endgame R9 sin is better for 1v1. (pre r999 w/ puri)

r9+10 bms will not die easy if they are using their marrows/bell/leaps/smack/genie and ofc stuns. but they have a hard time killing, fists are not an option w/ arcane D and even if they were they wouldn't deal all that much dmg to endgame wiz. yes they can get lucky and zerk crit but they essentially have to or get series of hits after HF. it shouldn't be to hard to stay alive as a r9 bm but getting consistent kills means you are doing something really right.

sure r9+10 archers can 'herp derp' but in a 1v1 they wont get any kills like that asides from the perfect purge followed by qs proc bypass. they also dont have many options asides from herp derping at end game (wat are they going to start casting vicious arrow?)...

r9 psy actually is herpderpable and decent at it but again getting killed by that w/ equal gears means you messed up. most 'good' psys are going to put some intention into killing you like using tide spirit and ev or some sort of locking combo, idk your definition of herpderp but an opponent who is intentionally investing significant resources into killing you doesnt fit 'herp derp' for me (even though it may be the most basic of combos).

r9 seeker is a joke, again hard to kill, but shouldnt get killed by it theres this flash of lightning that lets uno gemini is coming... laughable CC. zerk crit potential as well but w/o gemini should live, and w/ gemini should defend.

r9 barbs are the only class in here that can be pretty sucessful while 'herp derping'

if you try to herpderp on a wizard you will get *** *****. if you know what you are doing you have the potential to kill any class (again good r9 sin will prob b very difficult imo). can control fight much more then say an archer or seeker, we invest more into our attacks then most classes (ie positioning/genie/chi/cds) but our 'srs' attacks are for the most part much more deadly (barb arma zerk crit is a joke).

wizard is a class of potential if you herpderp vs herpderp sure you will suck, but we are assuming you are actually somewhat good AND hopefully so is your opponent :)

BM is the only class imo that requires more player skill to play well at endgame.

p.s.
    herpderp to me means that the opponent doesnt have any real intentional thought but is operating like "o **** enemy kill it!" aaaaaa its hitting me stun it! im getting hit still IG! omfg it attacking me quick attack it! random attacks **** im dieing more stuns (even though enemy is anti stunned) *** why wont you die *uses random protective skill of class* *** attack! (uses ultimate killing combo despite you using dew of star just prior...) like they are just acting w/ vague ideas and not processing the fight.

p.p.s
    just because a class is better at being sucessful in pk by 'herpderping' doesnt make the class better for 1v1 pk...

sure you can say for the noobs/unthinking masses who will herpderp other classes would be a better pick but im just going to kill them anyways so i dun c wat the issue is o.o

is like saying skateboard is faster mode of transportation then jet plane because most ppl could operate skateboard but wouldn't be able to pilot plane. idc about them just gonna bomb them :D

p.p.p.s
    we always lose wen sas shows up u.u

p.p.p.p.s
    i write too much D:
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
    edited September 2012
    Options
    again sas just trys to say that he's a better mage then anyone else posting lol.

@faceroll,
    when i say that people can herpderp, i mean more like swipe a creditcard buy fullr9+10-12 and kill pretty much anyone else. pvp on harshlands sucks 90% of the time so maybe im biased in the fact that they can herpderp and go "o ****, enemy tab>auto" and its dead. or the fact that over half of pvp is r9+12 aps sins 2spark>auto from stealth and killing people os they never really learn anything lol. I'll be getting arcane defense tomorrow so we'll see how that stacks up

Only thing i really have to argue with you is bm's. demon bm who just keeps demon bell/demon magic marrow up will charm bypass there target eventually if its AA. and even with undine genie spark i still only hit them for around 20% of their hp maybe 25%. just the hits a lone from a full r9 bm's stun lock are dangerous. at any time if they zerk crit they can hit me for 6k+(keep in mind i dont have josd). My only way to kill a bm of equal gear to me is to keep him at half hp and count his marrow time. and around 10 secs into it sleep>ms>dd>fow(marrow ends somewhere in here)>dd more and hope they don't AD. if they AD, i get to try and do the entire combo over in a 1minute window once sleep is off cooldown. so yeah, a bm can herpderp in pvp not die and still run around waiting for zerk crits to kill things.

p.s. full r9+10 bm's remind me of old school pvp, stun lock something until you get back to back zerk crits and kill it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    love how this conversation is changed cuz this loser doesn't stick to one point. he said ice prison has tons of uses, then he said mages aren't 1on1 strong class, then he said people are cashoping other classes +12 josd and that is why mages sucks?

and lol @ counting bm's marrow time

this is exacly what i mean, you're overthinking and all i ever see u is type big b/s in your posts, when the fact is i've never seen u pull any of that **** in your videos or even shown slightest skills beyond normal/ordinary **** like most mages so i will not give u the respect u deserve.

p/s: still waiting on your ice prison usage video

p/ss: and no i don't think im the best mage everrrr, i always play to improve, but atleast im not delussional about my own abilities like u
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    My only way to kill a bm of equal gear to me is to keep him at half hp and count his marrow time. and around 10 secs into it sleep>ms>dd>fow(marrow ends somewhere in here)>dd more and hope they don't AD. if they AD, i get to try and do the entire combo over in a 1minute window once sleep is off cooldown. so yeah, a bm can herpderp in pvp not die and still run around waiting for zerk crits to kill things.

Have you tried getting to 50%, use the life reversion thing (or mortal reversion), undine, poke (tick charm) -> and then hp drops back to 50% with like 9 secs left till charm ticks again? Maybe a sutra combo or something, all you really need to be able to do is tick their charm with a sutra combo for this technique to work (by work I mean kill or force apoth/genie).
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    p.s. full r9+10 bm's remind me of old school pvp, stun lock something until you get back to back zerk crits and kill it.

too sleepy atm to think/write anything that makes any sense.

mang old school pvp was roar HF BR, or roar HF thunderstorm lololol
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
This discussion has been closed.