Any news on the Anniversary coming up in September 2012 ?

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree with they are doing a horrible job at the moment. What I am saying is in general negativity feeds more negativity. The community throwing all this negativity around is only making it worse, because then it starts to affect more people like a virus and then it starts to get out of hand. They screwed up, they admitted it, and they are doing something about it next week. Shouldn't that be enough?

It gets to the point where you (as in everyone not one specific person) become no better then the grievers who "quit" and still linger around complaining how the game is dead and this and that. I mean sure one thread bringing up and issue is one thing and continuing to post it, but when several threads get made over and over again it starts to get out of hand.

They could end a lot of the negativity with a news post. Look at the posts that acknowledge that at least Frankie said something. Most of them were either right there when he did, or forum regulars. That isn't most of the population. Most of the population relies on the news posts....because they always have been able to rely on them. Until they make a news post, people are going to make new threads about it because they aren't going to know where to look to find the information. They haven't informed most of the playerbase, and that is my biggest issue with the way they are handling this. I'm not an overly negative poster, but I do think that legitimate concerns have to be made loudly for them to hear them. Since they aren't reading through the forums often because they have better things to do, they don't really notice one-off threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    JessyWolf - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There isn't one yet.

Reason for that is simple: September 1st and 2nd landed on the weekend, when the GMs are not in office. Last year, September 1st was on Thursday, so they gave us the announcement and turned on 2x starting on Friday.

We'll probably get something either tomorrow or Tuesdays evening.

Ok Thanks for telling =)
    "Within Us all there lies a Wolf laying in wait until called upon" f:fan
    Its true f:shy ^_^
    "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    guys does anyone knos if they will put uncannys npc bk? or guessings abt it?

They want to introduce the summerwind token npc this time. So people can get r9 recast gear.

Hasn't it been usually the case that on the week anni is, 2x begins around friday? Happened last two years from what i remember. Friday still has to happen, if nothing happens this weekend, i can understand people complaining, but until friday, just treat pwi like any other day (i take that back, we are already treating pwi like any other day).
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everyone needs to stop blaming Frankie. He probably needs permission to post a news announcement and is risking his job to post one saying "Look guys, my boss effed up and drank himself into a coma this labor day weekend, now he's in the hospital and he's the only guy with the directions on what the hell we were going to do for anniversary, so it may be a minute here..." (Hope that's not actually the case but obviously someone along the line got kidnapped, stomped, sick, drunk, hungover, flue, brain injury... best wishes to them may they recover soon)

We don't actually KNOW the hierarchy but we have to know that GMs are JUST game managers. They are NOT Operating Technicians, Server Technicians, Content Developers, Debuggers, or figures of ANY KIND of authority when it comes to the game companies they work for.

They are public relations managers and even then they have to be careful of stepping on toes. Their content must be pre-approved. They write the scripts they're told to, then have a little freedom when the boss isn't around, that's it. Boss still checks the main page, so leaving us a main page update about how the Boss is stupid would probably mean a new GM soon.

Believe me it's disheartening to think that we are their forgotten child, or (with this kind of behavior, I suspect) that this may be the LAST anniversary they celebrate for us (very big Qface).

But it COULD be that someone in charge is missing, sick, or otherwise dropping the ball. In which case that person should be publicly exposed, their e-mail and cell phone given out over world chat/forums, and we should be allowed to either wish them well or yell at them for forgetting about us when we haven't forgotten their wallets.

;p jk.
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Something's wrong with the community if they're demanding and complaining about anniversary-related happenings.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All of you throwing your little fits sound like toddlers who don't get their way!! They have admitted it was a communication and planning mistake on their part, S**t happens, deal with it! If they get the ball rolling and get the anniversary festivities under way this weekend and early next week then, kudos! If they don't and you just "can't handle" it, then move on! You don't always get what you want WHEN you want it!

wow! let me know when you grow up and get a real job. cause if i tried this sort of sorry excuse with my boss i would be fired.
    s**t may "happen" but normally when someone screws up they apologize repeatedly until the problem is fixed. or at least communicate in some way. btw they had 1 full year to get ready for this. not like they should be waiting until the last minute to get things ready.

NO EXCUSES!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Something's wrong with the community if they're demanding and complaining about anniversary-related happenings.

It's not like we don't have it with...

...well, everything?

People are quick to complain about the complainers, because apparently that's the ''cool'' thing to do, but I'm not even sure whose fault it really is most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HyperKing - Sanctuary
    HyperKing - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I think you're one the few cool guys who thinks the community manager / PWI is doing a great job right now..............
  • CrackKills - Lost City
    CrackKills - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As long as they bring out 12* this weekend I dont care about waiting. If not I really dont care what they do because anything else is useless ****.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As long as they bring out 12* this weekend I dont care about waiting. If not I really dont care what they do because anything else is useless ****.

As I recall last time they did that a certain jones blessing webpage was forced to give certain Scroll of Tomes and other items via script editing item ID via firebug etc. (Which is now fixed thank god)

Dunno who else remembers the "item dupe" which was the jones exploit. But for all we know there could be something else to be abused and are waiting for such a sale to do so >_>
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • CrackKills - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    12* sale did not cause the script editing bug...
    edited September 2012
    12* sale did not cause the script editing bug...

No, but people waited for that moment to really abuse it hence that sale went offline so quickly....
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• CrackKills - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    heard about that bug months before 12*. it was just abused more then because people wanted the 12* orbs
    edited September 2012
    No, but people waited for that moment to really abuse it hence that sale went offline so quickly....
    heard about that bug months before 12*. it was just abused more then because people wanted the 12* orbs

Thank you for restating what I just said. -_-

For all we know there's another exploit out and if they resell another valuable item like that it can be abused again.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• CrackKills - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    so by your logic they shouldnt put anything in of high value just in case it can be exploited
  • CrackKills - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    and yes i was being an *** with that comment. time for work
    edited September 2012
    so by your logic they shouldnt put anything in of high value just in case it can be exploited
    Yes, because no offense I don't trust PWE to have all their stuff together yet to do such a thing.
    and yes i was being an *** with that comment. time for work

b:chuckle
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:cute Cant wait for anni events to start!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not sure if this is reliable or not. But it's something:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1431311

or check out the thread

THIS IS ANNIVERSARY date by Dragoneast - Sanctuary

For those that haven't seen it b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not sure if this is reliable or not. But it's something:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1431311

or check out the thread

THIS IS ANNIVERSARY date by Dragoneast - Sanctuary

For those that haven't seen it b:thanks

Date was the second and reset was the 4th both blown off.
  • Mika_Magic - Dreamweaver
    Mika_Magic - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can't wait b:pleased ... W/e it is, it's free and a very nice thought from pwi ^_^
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's customary to forget one's anniversary, just ask any man with a half dozen better things to remember. Since players are the on "I can't believe you forgot our anniversary!" end, guess what that makes ya, the bishes.

PWI is just like real life 8D
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bump for spam freedom
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • davidoogl
    davidoogl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    french gm just told us in game that x2 is starting on monday b:sad

Edit: he corrected and said friday, last 1 month
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We'll start the festivities this Friday, with the activation of 2x EXP/Spirit/Drops as well as bonus rates on a few other in-game things that can be accumulated.

Come early next week we'll have the full Anniversary page, complete with awesome prizes for all. We'll also kick off some other special events starting that day.

I am sorry for the confusion surrounding all of this; it was bad timing combined with a failure on our part to inform you of our plan beforehand.

Any other news yet?

b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any news on the Anniversary coming up in September 2012 ?

like if new mounts or even a universal flying mount be awesome etc...

and all month x2 exp x2 spirit x2 drops?

anniversary is in October................... in the year 2349
  • Nattana - Dreamweaver
    Nattana - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    QQ What time start this drops x2? I can't wait b:cry
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This whole situation is giving me an eerie feeling of abandonment.

(mainly written as a spam bump)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ponyduck wrote: »
    This whole situation is giving me an eerie feeling of abandonment.

(mainly written as a spam bump)

Agreed on both counts. I'm not quite ready to jump on the game is dead bandwagon. But this is a sign to me of not placing enough priority on PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Less than 24h hours to 2x drops and nobody in the playerbase has a clue of when, *clap clap*.We`ve been told Friday and that`s where the 24h comes from, east coast is already on Friday. I honestly am wordless in front of this professionalism, it`s a scene to watch for sure.

For PWE staff, announcements are usually to let people know something`s going on and it would make sense to announce of the event before it starts, for your customers to get ready for said event. After all, you make these event to satisfy your customers and for customers to get happy over event, they need to know bout it. Though, you can do your event and never tell anybody, only to waste resources planning and executing one if you want, who am I to argue with such a brilliant business plan?

Ps. A serious question, where can I apply to work for PWE? It`s clear there is no way to get fired or any competence required.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
This discussion has been closed.