Any news on the Anniversary coming up in September 2012 ?

Comments

• Melecha - Dreamweaver
    Melecha - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am excited by the fact that there will be any anniversary event at all. b:pleased There's no need to still be upset about it. These games truly are a drug. Some addicts can never be satisfied. b:chuckle

I agree. I appreciate the apology and really could care less that it's late. It's a game people - shame on those who are comparing this to a RL wedding anniversary or birthday - seriously?? b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree. I appreciate the apology and really could care less that it's late. It's a game people - shame on those who are comparing this to a RL wedding anniversary or birthday - seriously?? b:faint

So you would be fine if tomorrow you logged in and all your characters were gone as long as the management of this game gave you a lame apology?
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So you would be fine if tomorrow you logged in and all your characters were gone as long as the management of this game gave you a lame apology?

It would be a tad bit irritating but certainly nothing to rage over. However, I didn't drop thousands of dollars buying and sharding R9 either. That being said though, any of us who have invested money into the game did so knowing that they (PWE) reserve the right to terminate the servers at any time with no warning at all.

It's a game...nothing to freak out over. Alas, some people just seem to need something to complain about.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would be a tad bit irritating but certainly nothing to rage over. However, I didn't drop thousands of dollars buying and sharding R9 either. That being said though, any of us who have invested money into the game did so knowing that they (PWE) reserve the right to terminate the servers at any time with no warning at all.

It's a game...nothing to freak out over. Alas, some people just seem to need something to complain about.

Oh you mean like people complaining about others with legitimate concerns and complaints voicing their dissatisfaction about the poor management of a product they are using? Yes those types will just complain about anything won't they.

Be it a game or other business why would you not expect a company to be accountable to and respect it's customers?
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ***How this thread is starting to make me feel at peoples shortsightedness. Its not so much the lack of what there giving to us its the fact they can't even care enough to give us information. This will turn people away from a game that needs population boost at the moment. **
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/banging_head_on_keyboard.jpeg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Doesn't the ToS we all agreed say that they can do whatever they want with our accounts/characters and the servers and don't have to give us notice, reason or even a 'see-ya'? In that case, an apology would pretty good, since we all agreed they don't have to do that.

This topic is kind of humorous. It's funny how upset people are getting about this. Its an anniversary for the launch of a game.....that's actually being compared to a real life marriage between two people. Makes me wonder what some of your lives are actually like, no offence to anyone, but it does make me wonder.
    But it more reads like this : As if I forgot my own birthday and didn't give my friends presents for it and them getting upset at me because I didn't.

And all so sticky on the actual date. If we're gonna do that, then the 2x that usually accompanies this 'event' should only be on that day? Right? The anniversary isn't all month....it's one day.
    Anyway, you all enjoy the 'event' when it comes.

Happy Anniversary PWI :3
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Holding my horses until it's a reasonable business time in the US...

But still: If that sale is all we get, wow. Just wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Makes you wonder who is getting the money here. How many of you are going to buy the anniversary packs ......and how many of you are lucky to get a great item. I sure stop buying them after the 100000 perfect tokens of love i get form them, But enjoy the event.
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all,

We've definitely got plans for our 4th anniversary, but the fact that it fell on on a holiday weekend this year made us feel that it would be best to delay the festivities by a few days, as it takes the coordination of many different groups of people for special pages to go live and certain switches to be flipped. It's also much safer to have a full team available, should anything go wrong.

Don't worry though, celebrations will include tons of events and unique prizes for all, so stay tuned for more info in the near future.

And to our lovable vets who remembered our special day (9/2), happy anniversary guys! b:thanks
    We'll start the festivities this Friday, with the activation of 2x EXP/Spirit/Drops as well as bonus rates on a few other in-game things that can be accumulated.

Come early next week we'll have the full Anniversary page, complete with awesome prizes for all. We'll also kick off some other special events starting that day.

I am sorry for the confusion surrounding all of this; it was bad timing combined with a failure on our part to inform you of our plan beforehand.

It's not like you had a whole year to plan and prepare for this or anything. Why does it sound like a Zero hour throw together on your part? Cause I mean seriously, if everything was already DONE and TESTED a blind one handed monkey with tourettes could throw the switch and everything run smoothly.

All goes back to this frankieraye "but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service".
  • Wolfheartfox - Heavens Tear
    Wolfheartfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So just to clarify, nothing has happened yet, and it's still been a few days? I'll wait, I have school so I go on for like 2 hours a night, but, do we know when it's going to happen? b:puzzled
  • RavinTink - Sanctuary
    RavinTink - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cause I mean seriously, if everything was already DONE and TESTED a blind one handed monkey with tourettes could throw the switch and everything run smoothly.

ARe you asking for a job?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you lemons...dont make lemonade!!
    Find the fool who got vodka and have a party!!
    edited September 2012
    ARe you asking for a job?

Just telling them what they need to replace their current staff with. Sadly you do not qualify even for that position.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So basically they managed to throw a sale at us and an announcement but fked up their own anni besides that?

I can't even state my opinion on that. Just at a loss of words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have my expectations really low with things pwi give, but this time they even broke the record for messing up lol
  • whispir#1570
    whispir#1570 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Originally Posted by frankieraye
    Hey all,

We've definitely got plans for our 4th anniversary, but the fact that it fell on on a holiday weekend this year made us feel that it would be best to delay the festivities by a few days, as it takes the coordination of many different groups of people for special pages to go live and certain switches to be flipped. It's also much safer to have a full team available, should anything go wrong.
    Don't worry though, celebrations will include tons of events and unique prizes for all, so stay tuned for more info in the near future.
    And to our lovable vets who remembered our special day (9/2), happy anniversary guys!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by frankieraye
    We'll start the festivities this Friday, with the activation of 2x EXP/Spirit/Drops as well as bonus rates on a few other in-game things that can be accumulated.
    Come early next week
    we'll have the full Anniversary page, complete with awesome prizes for all. We'll also kick off some other special events starting that day.
    I am sorry for the confusion surrounding all of this; it was bad timing combined with a failure on our part to inform you of our plan beforehand.

ok. anybody else notice that it couldn't be done on time cuz of not enuf staff to do it over a weekend, yet they can do it over a weekend this week? hmmmmm kina contradictory imo.
    edited September 2012

ok. anybody else notice that it couldn't be done on time cuz of not enuf staff to do it over a weekend, yet they can do it over a weekend this week? hmmmmm kina contradictory imo.

Yea go back a page lol and not only that they couldn't do it in a weekend but apparently not in a entire year either.
  • dantefirefox
    dantefirefox Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    worthclan96 you need to learn to read the whole post, Frankieraye said over a holiday weekend, do you know that people actually like to take there days off work on these weekend holidays, so if people take days off that means not enough staff in the work place should anything go wrong. So your either a little boy who knows nothing of how the world goes round or your just ignorant, but then again you post on an account that has no toons on any server so why don't you give the Frankieraye a break as she has made a post to fill us all in(finally).
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    worthclan96 you need to learn to read the whole post, Frankieraye said over a holiday weekend, do you know that people actually like to take there days off work on these weekend holidays, so if people take days off that means not enough staff in the work place should anything go wrong. So your either a little boy who knows nothing of how the world goes round or your just ignorant, but then again you post on an account that has no toons on any server so why don't you give the Frankieraye a break as she has made a post to fill us all in(finally).

He's a 101 Veno from Sanc named whispir. :>

<3 Core Connect sometimes. They probably don't know how or can't change their avatar due to the forums being kinda buggy still.

Frankie is a guy btw his name is Steve :P

As for ontopic people just need to wait a week >:|
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    worthclan96 you need to learn to read the whole post, Frankieraye said over a holiday weekend, do you know that people actually like to take their days off work on these weekend holidays, so if people take days off that means not enough staff in the work place should anything go wrong. So you're either a little boy who knows nothing of how the world goes round or you're just ignorant, but then again you post on an account that has no toons on any server so why don't you give the Frankieraye a break as he has made a post to fill us all in(finally).

Gotta love it when people call others immature when they can't even spell right. It's almost as if I'm on facebook.

Anyway, we have have these things called ''calendars''. Chances are that when a PWE employee took a dump last week, he laid his eyes on one with ''4th Anniversary'' marked on it for the 2nd of September. That means they could have notified everyone that X is going to happen on X date before they all enjoy their weekend and the date passes.

But hey, it's not like PWE doesn't know how the community reacts to this stuff after having it happen a dozen times over the years. I doubt they even care anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmm well... if it was actually the weekend that caused the problem, I would expect for the 2x and special page stuff to be posted, well, now. Are you guys not working this week either?

Also, what is with the special anniversary sales only lasting until the 19th? I thought these things usually went all month.

As it is, I'm glad we've finally had some communication, at least. I am disappointed that things will not start until I leave for vacation though. I'd hoped to be able to enjoy some of it before I left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gotta love it when people call others immature when they can't even spell right. It's almost as if I'm on facebook.

Anyway, we have have these things called ''calendars''. Chances are that when a PWE employee took a dump last week, he laid his eyes on one with ''4th Anniversary'' marked on it for the 2nd of September. That means they could have notified everyone that X is going to happen on X date before they all enjoy their weekend and the date passes.

But hey, it's not like PWE doesn't know how the community reacts to this stuff after having it happen a dozen times over the years. I doubt they even care anymore.

I agree. Even Frankie admits that it was a complete failure on PWE's team's part to notify everyone. IT was a mistake, they've apologized for it. They happen I guess. But to all the people saying that it wasn't a big deal, it is. You don't get corporate apologies for no reason. They tend to only apologize when it's a big deal.

Anyway, I still think Frankies post should be a news post. There is no way most players are even gonna see his response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited September 2012
    I agree. Even Frankie admits that it was a complete failure on PWE's team's part to notify everyone. IT was a mistake, they've apologized for it. They happen I guess. But to all the people saying that it wasn't a big deal, it is. You don't get corporate apologies for no reason. They tend to only apologize when it's a big deal.

Anyway, I still think Frankies post should be a news post. There is no way most players are even gonna see his response.

On the grounds of a big deal sure this is a "big" yearly event that celebrates the birth of PWI, however I will disagree on the reaction of some that are making the situation worse by the tons of threads making demands.

There was an announcement of what when and how. Am I happy it's late? No. Do I care if I have to wait a little longer for it? No. Will this bring destruction to all mankind that it has been delayed? No.

I mean if you see it from their view it makes a majority of the community look like whining cry babies (sorry but it feels that way sometimes) and that kind of attitude makes me NOT want to help people in game so maybe the Staff might be a little begrudged because of the attitudes they are getting.

Sure in a sense it is a little justifiable as they constantly are giving us disappointment with delays and not meeting the deadlines and promises they make. But does it really make it better or worse?

That's my $0.02. Take it how you wish.

Side note. We don't even know if they are properly staffed or not so take that into consideration as well as the fact it WAS during a holiday weekend, though they could've prepared better.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Pontianak - Sanctuary
    Pontianak - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    On the grounds of a big deal sure this is a "big" yearly event that celebrates the birth of PWI, however I will disagree on the reaction of some that are making the situation worse by the tons of threads making demands.

There was an announcement of what when and how. Am I happy it's late? No. Do I care if I have to wait a little longer for it? No. Will this bring destruction to all mankind that it has been delayed? No.

I mean if you see it from their view it makes a majority of the community look like whining cry babies (sorry but it feels that way sometimes) and that kind of attitude makes me NOT want to help people in game so maybe the Staff might be a little begrudged because of the attitudes they are getting.

Sure in a sense it is a little justifiable as they constantly are giving us disappointment with delays and not meeting the deadlines and promises they make. But does it really make it better or worse?

Side note. We don't even know if they are properly staffed or not so take that into consideration as well as the fact it WAS during a holiday weekend, though they could've prepared better.

Agreed with almost all of this. The one thing I did not agree with is "Will this bring destruction to all mankind that it has been delayed? No." - After all if voting for Obama will bring a thousand years of darkness(see recent chuck norris comercial) - Then PWI, something I actually care about, not starting the Anniversary on the anniversary is bringing about the end of the world! And since Chuck is in the commercial, you know its true...
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All I can say for our tough guys and gals telling "this is only a game". Yes, for players it`s only a game/hobby but for staff this is their job, their source of income. I would of expected some standards to be met.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I understand it was a holiday weekend. IT was for me too. I know full well the kind of customer service Americans usually produce, because I am one. PWI got an F from the BBB, and thoughtlessness like this is why. It wouldn't be a big deal to me if there wasn't several poor customer services problems, but there is a lot of them. I'm not talking about things that are the devs control. I'm talking about things like people asking about what happened to base wars, it took them four months to to follow up on it after the first email was ignored. The anniversary is the one thing they have always done right though, and now even that doesn't seem like a priority. How long did it take them to give permission to Shelly to sticky her thread? The fact that a volunteer was the one that had to make it when peoples accounts were being phished, is just terrible.

But some of that stuff is small. Base wars, it wasn't even a finished feature so you can understand why it might have slipped their minds. Shelly's thread? She noticed it before things hit the fan because as a moderator she's active enough to recognize some of the names.

But this is a yearly event that is kinda like PWI's black friday. And they totally blew it and even after the admitted they blew it, they still haven't made a news post about it so that the majority of the playerbase can know what is happening. I understand it was a holiday weekend, but they decided beforehand that they didn't want to activate it during that time. Since they knew they weren't going to, they should have let us know before people became confused and irritated.

As for the end of mankind litmus test. It's a terrible one. I mean nobody in the world would have a right to complain about ANYTHING if that is the only thing people could complain about. You have to look at relative things, and this one of their biggest customer service fails to date. It's not as bad as the way they handled thee goon glitch or even base wars (they didn't even followup on people asking about them until 4 months later) but it's still ranks up there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited September 2012
    I understand it was a holiday weekend. IT was for me too. I know full well the kind of customer service Americans usually produce, because I am one. PWI got an F from the BBB, and thoughtlessness like this is why. It wouldn't be a big deal to me if there wasn't several poor customer services problems, but there is a lot of them. I'm not talking about things that are the devs control. I'm talking about things like people asking about what happened to base wars, it took them four months to to follow up on it after the first email was ignored. The anniversary is the one thing they have always done right though, and now even that doesn't seem like a priority. How long did it take them to give permission to Shelly to sticky her thread? The fact that a volunteer was the one that had to make it when peoples accounts were being phished, is just terrible.

But some of that stuff is small. Base wars, it wasn't even a finished feature so you can understand why it might have slipped their minds. Shelly's thread? She noticed it before things hit the fan because as a moderator she's active enough to recognize some of the names.

But this is a yearly event that is kinda like PWI's black friday. And they totally blew it and even after the admitted they blew it, they still haven't made a news post about it so that the majority of the playerbase can know what is happening. I understand it was a holiday weekend, but they decided beforehand that they didn't want to activate it during that time. Since they knew they weren't going to, they should have let us know before people became confused and irritated.

As for the end of mankind litmus test. It's a terrible one. I mean nobody in the world would have a right to complain about ANYTHING if that is the only thing people could complain about. You have to look at relative things, and this one of their biggest customer service fails to date. It's not as bad as the way they handled thee goon glitch or even base wars (they didn't even followup on people asking about them until 4 months later) but it's still ranks up there.

I agree with they are doing a horrible job at the moment. What I am saying is in general negativity feeds more negativity. The community throwing all this negativity around is only making it worse, because then it starts to affect more people like a virus and then it starts to get out of hand. They screwed up, they admitted it, and they are doing something about it next week. Shouldn't that be enough?

It gets to the point where you (as in everyone not one specific person) become no better then the grievers who "quit" and still linger around complaining how the game is dead and this and that. I mean sure one thread bringing up and issue is one thing and continuing to post it, but when several threads get made over and over again it starts to get out of hand.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• cloudsquall91
    cloudsquall91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    guys does anyone knos if they will put uncannys npc bk? or guessings abt it? i wd love to have it bk and i wd love even more to get an advice if they does b:laugh
    apart from this i kno it's their job and sum1 is rite of bein pissd tho i'm readin too much pple sayin they are pissd now for a sale , now for pwi anniversary guys after all it's a game if anniversary dun gets out just do ur bh and dailies and w8 for it like i'm doin xD
  • RavinTink - Sanctuary
    RavinTink - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All of you throwing your little fits sound like toddlers who don't get their way!! They have admitted it was a communication and planning mistake on their part, S**t happens, deal with it! If they get the ball rolling and get the anniversary festivities under way this weekend and early next week then, kudos! If they don't and you just "can't handle" it, then move on! You don't always get what you want WHEN you want it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you lemons...dont make lemonade!!
    Find the fool who got vodka and have a party!!
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All of you throwing your little fits sound like toddlers who don't get their way!! They have admitted it was a communication and planning mistake on their part, S**t happens, deal with it! If they get the ball rolling and get the anniversary festivities under way this weekend and early next week then, kudos! If they don't and you just "can't handle" it, then move on! You don't always get what you want WHEN you want it!

And they have yet done nothing to fix the stuff, there is still no official word. Frankies forum post doesnt really count as it`s not serious announcement on news. We still know nothing `cept things start on Friday, even when they said lack of communication was result of dropping the ball on their part. I dont expect PWE to crawl in front of players but I expect them to pick up the damn ball. Announcing what`s going to happen cant really be some major job, if Frankie cant handle that, maybe he really should find a job more up to his abilities.

Ps. Pretty words are quite empty when no actions are taken.

Edit: All we are asking is him or whoever responsible to do their damn job, is it really that much to ask?
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
This discussion has been closed.