Wizard Skill Changes

Options

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol gl wasting apo, 2 sparks for IP, and then dieing while blinking into group of people. what idiots now days man b:bye

blood 2.0?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol gl wasting apo, 2 sparks for IP, and then dieing while blinking into group of people. what idiots now days man b:bye

I've actually tried this with my mystic in TW, and you'd be surprised by how well it works when you can back it up with a large payload of damage or some other threat (like HF for BM's).

In my case it was a 14m aoe that hits for 10-25k damage on all in range.

However, for wizards, I'm not really sure that a 2 second stun is really worth spending all those resources over, when the alternative is dropping a crit bids from 30m away. The only reason I do it on my mystic is cause I don't have an alternative for big one-shot aoe damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i cant remember the name, but barbs have a deaden nerves now. so you can't really one shot them. and lol at that comment about burning resources to zhen catas with an added amp stun. back before we had any lvl11 skills other then pyro/gush/stone rain. Wizzies used to do this thing called zhen the cata barbs. We can actually still use that today if no one is dding on you. Dragons breath +spark on w/e cata is the called target can be pretty nasty damage. yeah sitting back and launching lvl11 ulti's is nice, but they don't do enough damage to catas with no amps. so if your a single squad defense with 5wizzies a couple ep's a veno and a barb for buffs. why not let one of the wizzies zhen cata's w/ IP up to amp while your team purges/drops ults.

Did i say that would be the best use for IP? im pretty sure i said its an option. it could be a very useful skill in certain situations. 3 sparks and an apoth cooldown. and your just trolling with the dieing part of that right? because i'm pretty sure IG lasts longer hten IP. meaning you can get into the group as you pop an IG and get out after IP ends. If you die in that situation maybe you should play a different class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    and if you think a mage should be teleporting into group of people to use IP (to do bm's job) then you should be the one play another class. i'm not even gonna argue and say this for the last time, IP is totally useless. i think the idea of initially giving mage IP was to avoid gank, since mage class cannot fight gank like archers and other classes that much. just idiots now days on forums man mis-using wizard....and then everyone cry saying wizard is ****ty class now days.

The fact is wizard is a top tier class. I'll give out my opinion on what classes are top tier or which tier now days with end game gears.

Without r9 3rd cast, (which only like 2% of total servers population have it now days).

Top Tier: (PVP)
    Assassin / Barbs/ Wizards

Mid Tier: (PVP)
    Archers, Psychics, BM

Low Tier: (PVP)
    Seeker, Mystic, Veno, Cleric

Note: That's all considering same gears and according to class skills (not player or an individual's skill behind the character).
    edited August 2012
    Options
    this guy reminds me of wizards from back in teh day who argued that you had to stay pure mag and not go LA pre 90. that it was a totally suck *** build for pve/pvp. and yet the LA mages rolled ppl and no one knew the pure mages til 90+.

Not gonna argue the point, some skills you gotta think out of the box. oh, and still no response to how we used ot zhen cata's. if i need to i can find some links to some kingdom tw video's where all the wizzies except 1 +12 r8 mage were zhening catas.

i like the fact that i should reroll since obviously no one know's more about mages then you do. No one has played longer then you, no one is more experienced then you, and no one will ever find a use for IP since you couldnt find one. Grow up, and stop trying to insult people on a game forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol people use to zhen on catas like what, on vanilla version of PWI?. GL zhening on catas now days and you'll see if it's worth it. I rather spark and take out catas instead when their SS/Invoke is down. And it's true i've tried to use ice prison in many ways and i couldn't find its use, so maybe why don't u make a video and then show us, till then your words are empty and meaningless. cuz it's a lot easier to just give advice and type the usage of something on here than initially putting it into a play mr. know it all

The fact is pwi has changed so much since vanilla version, and kids like u still use wizard the old-school way with 'zhening and bidsing' ****, which is totally worthless now days. PWI is on a whole new different level and you need to learn to change your ideas and adapt, not post me video of kingdom tw that happened 3 years ago, not to mention that faction probably doesn't even exist by now. Man only if i played harshland i'd teach you a lesson in 1on1 =/
    edited August 2012
    Options
    O so your one of those mages who just genie spark everything? or even better, maybe your one of those mages that trip sparks everythin. thats your "adaptation" to how pwi is now. this guy has got to be related to blood. Honestly, zhening catas still works because i was doing it before i quit which was only 8months ago. o and guess what, bidsing things still kills them. I'm sorry you don't understand how to set up a charm bypass, or wait til someone calls a dg after cata's have used up survival skills. O wait, you'll just genie spark one cata barb and kill it during dg.....i'll just kill all 4. good luck "teaching me a lesson".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI7PewAdlNI&feature=relmfu

your video, see you sparking and randomly too without any real method behind it 24/7 b:laugh

nice pvp skills, not impressed =P
    edited August 2012
    Options
    so your using an old pvp video, that has already been discussed what i was doing wrong/right so on. as your argument to it being ok to do? and using genie spark in 1v1's is quite differnet then genie sparking in tw or group pvp. nothing left for you to argue so your just trying to pull up old video's and trying to insult me. Sad.

Out of curiosity i looked you up on rankings, not that they are a big deal. but lol at this http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ranking?ranking=kill_death_ratio&class=Wizard&server=Sanctuary 7200 kills. kd/r is 1. just lawl. So that proved your better at one thing then i am. Dieing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    sas has always been waaay undergeared compared to opponent, just recently gettin to a "normal" level gear wise.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    just got 1.0 from 0.4 =P

using spark in tw is much safer than in 1on1 cuz with genie on CD your team save u. not gonna argue with this loser kid man lol

oh an all those 7k+ kills i got were mostly 1on1 vs ppl wayyyy better geared than me =P
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    just got 1.0 from 0.4 =P

using spark in tw is much safer than in 1on1 cuz with genie on CD your team save u. not gonna argue with this loser kid man lol

I'm not sure I'd be bragging about that. Anyway, judging from your comments.. you are either an epic troll or haven't the slightest idea how to play the class. In case you legitimately are just clueless, there was a video posted in the first page of this thread showing one use for IP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwDAvOnYKCE&feature=plcp).. won't be wasting any more time explaining the basics of how to play a wizard to you anymore though.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Your entire genie is on cooldown after spark in a 1v1, you have got to be trolling. obviously your not a threat to anyone because all fight is 1v1's. Non factors pretending they are important lol. Try getting ganked by 5+ everytime you leave sz and still managing to come out on top 90% of the time. then get back with me. l2p. im done with this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @ Adroit, lol what a bad archer no dropping down soon as he stealth or using leap left/right? pro use of 2 spark there, its been discussed b4 you can use w/e vs ****ty people and it will look good.

@ Nurfed, i don't need to get ganked by 5+ to be good lol! atleast i know how to use a mage even in 1on1 situation, make some decent video first where u look any good else you're a non-factor to me ktb.
    try fighting someone 1on1 wayyy better gears than u and coming out on top 90% of the time

Both of you sound like that Elijah kid who got put in his place 0-5 after talking big, i'm pretty sure u both gonna end up same way if u 2 pk'd vs good players on Sanctuary cuz thats where all the best of each class players are =P

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rejl-y4TAw&feature=plcp

Decided to explore your channel a bit more, don't see u puling off anything in 1on5, and actually you run/fly around for 20 hrs if u get ganked by even 2+ people. Not to mention a part where u kept running with vacuity + holypath vs 5 people =/
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Sanctuary cuz thats where all the best of each class players are =P

Is this some **** attempt at wiggling out of what you've said by turning up the troll?
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i hate going back on things i say, but this guy is worse then BLOODMYSTIC. So your "1v1's" are you hitting people with genie spark and hoping to crit so you kill them. so far thats all i've gotten of your playstyle. Have you ever worked with a team to kill people?

Team:Hey get these guys off me so i can kill this other guy
    me:pokes both guys and flys off while they chase me and avoid my teamate
    Team:ok im done kiling that other guy bring those two back down and we'll kill them
    none of us die, the rest of them died. So while your "1v1ing all your opponents". i'll own in group pvp/tw with a team of people, im not always the one running. besides 5 people wouldnt chase me around trying to kill me if any of htem could do it solo.

I ended up quiting because i beat anybody who was anybody 1v1 and in group pvp. So shove your "im better because i'm on sanctuary" because nobody wants to hear it. You really do seem like someone who really wants to be a factor and you pretend that you are for your own ego. But no one else really notices you or actually know's you. Have fun in your little pretend world where your amazing and everyone else sucks

only guy from sanct i'll really give credit to is Joshcja or h/e you spell his name. He came up here with good idea's and a new perspective, and pointed out quite a few things that i could do better. All i see you doing is trolling man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol \o/ _o_

solution is simple, just get me r9 +10 armors then you two can fight 1v1 b:cute
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    actually im one of the biggest culprits on LC in abusing the genie spark w/ a sutra combo, im a fan of spark hehe... i actually got like all the wizzies in my faction to put spark on their genies and abuse it too xD

the fact is that spark is such a widely recognized threat that lotsa ppl put soul of fire on their genies. now using spark requires fakes and cooldown timing in order for it to work. i remember one time with aren (miss that guy T_T) i got him by using spark to set off his soul of fire while unloading a non-fire based sutra combo (trolololol xD)

i dun actually have any of the morai skills besides the basic reversion ones so tbh i cant rly tell if IP is good or not (though i definitely placed arcane defense on the top of my wishlist :P) besides, i dun play anymore :/
    and if you think a mage should be teleporting into group of people to use IP (to do bm's job) then you should be the one play another class...just idiots now days on forums man mis-using wizard....and then everyone cry saying wizard is ****ty class now days.

and @ nurfed and adroit, im pretty sure sas was specifically bashing me for making that ('').-) bm comparison lol, not you two... though i dont know many ppl who use me as an example of a fail ****ty wiz...

(but ive always wanted to be a bm.... b:cry)

i think the idea of initially giving mage IP was to avoid gank, since mage class cannot fight gank like archers and other classes that much.

... this is interesting... expound?
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    actually im one of the biggest culprits on LC in abusing the genie spark w/ a sutra combo, im a fan of spark hehe... i actually got like all the wizzies in my faction to put spark on their genies and abuse it too xD

the fact is that spark is such a widely recognized threat that lotsa ppl put soul of fire on their genies. now using spark requires fakes and cooldown timing in order for it to work. i remember one time with aren (miss that guy T_T) i got him by using spark to set off his soul of fire while unloading a non-fire based sutra combo (trolololol xD)

i dun actually have any of the morai skills besides the basic reversion ones so tbh i cant rly tell if IP is good or not (though i definitely placed arcane defense on the top of my wishlist :P) besides, i dun play anymore :/

and @ nurfed and adroit, im pretty sure sas was specifically bashing me for making that ('').-) bm comparison lol, not you two... though i dont know many ppl who use me as an example of a fail ****ty wiz...

(but ive always wanted to be a bm.... b:cry)

... this is interesting... expound?

sup levi! kirby said u quit lol! and naw i'm not bashing u man but these kids.

and about gank situation to avoid, like as in u don't have to waste apo, just foritfy when ppl on u and cast ice prison then maybe teleport away something like that. but again IP worthless skill!

maybe if they make chi cost to 50 then i'd consider using it -.-
  • Kingy - Harshlands
    Kingy - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol this guy does to many 1v1's he's obviously not a team player and there is nothing competitive about 1v1's. Personally I think 1v1's don't mean anything I have seen people that are good in 1v1's and blow **** in tw or have no clue on what to do. Anyway, that archer in the video doesn't have leap and he didn't expect it coming that's why it worked so well in the air and if your going to use ice prison make sure you have chi left over for combos. Personally I only use the skill for knocking sins/archers out of stealth but its definitely better than relying on a mob.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i think IP is a pretty mute point. its one of hte last morai skills most people will end up getting anyways. i mean
    arcane defense
    sand miasma
    IP
    in terms of doing dailies for skills. farm morai for the others and what not. it kind of falls into teh same category as its uses. Useful but not a priority. Here when i get it in about 3months i'll make sure to record me getting some good usage of it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    off topic < yay my title finally got changed to "spark mage" (ehehehe my abuse of spark :P, thx frankie)

ya and im a retired mage (.__.) but that aside, are the DoT effects still insignificant? or can they actually suppress hp event pots now?
    edited August 2012
    Options
    GZ ON YOUR TITLE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dunno about your question. could be very useful, but im gonna side with adroit. the burn damage is fire damage. used in conjunction with spark you could be "burning" them for a large amount of fire damage because it will be based off their mdef while spark was active. Im excited ot see the new skills when they come here. yhe reversions costing less chi could be nice. like

spark>fire skills last one being CoF>mortal reversion while they are at low hp if you didnt kill them>mortal reversion ticks their hp back down to nada while cof is still DDing possibly kill them with the dot. could be awesome, could suck. its all speculation atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    :D this new weapon dmg based thingy sounds cool hehe tho I dunno about the numbers (not a math guy)... how much is 200% weap dmg rly?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    :D this new weapon dmg based thingy sounds cool hehe tho I dunno about the numbers (not a math guy)... how much is 200% weap dmg rly?

Depends on wep, to put in perspective though.. gush has a 100% wep multiplier, sandstorm 300%, BIDS 500%.. obviously you need to factor in the static damage and base magic attack as well when determining total skill damage.. but yeah :P
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

~2.5k + attack levels for R8 +10 wep, add another 500 + attack levels as mutiplier for final dmg for R9. And of course, never forget crits. So R9 crit, could in theory increase by 12k in PvE if one has 100 attack levels and crits on mobs during HF.In reality, the difference will be fraction out of that number as in normal situation the resitances also play part and wizzies crit kinda rarely. And put it into PvP penalty and I`d be surprised if your dmg increased by 1k.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ~2.5k + attack levels for R8 +10 wep, add another 500 + attack levels as mutiplier for final dmg for R9. And of course, never forget crits. So R9 crit, could in theory increase by 12k in PvE if one has 100 attack levels and crits on mobs during HF.In reality, the difference will be fraction out of that number as in normal situation the resitances also play part and wizzies crit kinda rarely. And put it into PvP penalty and I`d be surprised if your dmg increased by 1k.

What the ****.
    edited September 2012
    Options
    i have 18% crit rate, soon to be 20%. thats what, 1 in 5 hits is a crit. and with sage bids proc i ahve 50% crit for 10sec. so yeah, i crit all the ****** time lol. i guess by this guys logic, spark>cof will be nice damage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

+10 caster weps have like 2800-3000 I think, depending on gear. So 200% wep damage would be like 6k raw damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    blood 2.0?

Often imitated, but never duplicated. Evanera had it right the first time. FAR better use for 2 sparks.

Let me put it this way: the BEST use of this skill in TW (which is where we are most useful anyway, or do we disagree there?) is defending your base and using it on enemy catas and support in your base (or, to a lesser extent maybe, to use when attacking their base to help protect catas from aps classes and vortex, etc.)

And i get the aoe stun, and I get the amp. Really, I do. And by themselves they sound sexy. But . . .

Considering you have to get into their midst as you do with dragon breath, and given that you have to use 2 sparks, and given that the range of Ice Prison is the same as Bids, answer me this:

Would you rather go into the frey, where seekers likely have vortex up and rank 9 barbs are waiting to bite you and r9 archers are barraging the crystal, and MAYBE hold them still for a few seconds, or nuke the **** outta them? Are wizards here to AMP the damage of venos and seekers and the like, or are we here to nuke?

I would submit, in each case, the answer is the latter.

The fact is, wizards are intended to be weak because we were able to 1 shot people. Now, with rank 9 barbs and seekers and psychics and every new class having defense level buffs and immune skills, we can't do that nearly as effectively as before and other classes (even vit barbs for pete's sake) can 1 shot people just as well. Wizards need an increase in defense or an increase in attack/damage or both. Not huge, maybe 10-15%. That would fix the class and make it ON PAR with some of the others, not OP.

But PWI hates wizards, so we get these crappy **** add ons of marginal utility and before they come out all the wizards go "yea!" and BLOODMYSTIC goes "omg, that's not going to make a real difference". And as time goes on, once again, BLOODMYSTIC is proven correct.

Although I do agree, the crown of flame change will at least work that skill back onto my hot keys, and I have no idea about the others. But in terms of game changers, remember this: Last patch we get ice prison, ARCHERS got STEALTH! b:surrender
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
This discussion has been closed.