For those of you that think PWI is dying...

Options

Comments

• Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I still haven't done a thing with my hell hound from the last one. b:surrender
    It's been sitting in my bank ever since I got it. I prefer my black fox xD

Have you considered joining GayBoys yet?
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Even if, IF, indeed it was all cashshopped d/s cards, so what? >.>
    Really, so what if that fella DID put 10grand into the game. Maybe he's gawdawful rich irl and felt like having insta r9 +12
    Why are people so judgey about what we spend money on D:
    Some people like to buy comic books.
    Some people buy shoes <.<
    Did I waste my money buying a bunch of books because I should have invested it in the stockmarket? Maybe <.< But it made me happy D:
    Really it does sound like sour grapes sometimes. If I had the disposable income, I'd probably spend some of it here XD There are many worse vices to have than this one <.<
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Have you considered joining GayBoys yet?
    I was already with them for a time. Didn't really care for it.
    Red spam is just the ones who buy packs. Don't forget about the elite cash shoppers who pay a 10 grand a month subscription premiums like RexNero in return for gold and immunity to disciplinary actions.
    Not anymore. I got a red-spam message from making a g13 helm for a friend.
    Next time, get your facts straight before you make a post.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Even if, IF, indeed it was all cashshopped d/s cards, so what? >.>
    Really, so what if that fella DID put 10grand into the game. Maybe he's gawdawful rich irl and felt like having insta r9 +12
    Why are people so judgey about what we spend money on D:
    Some people like to buy comic books.
    Some people buy shoes <.<
    Did I waste my money buying a bunch of books because I should have invested it in the stockmarket? Maybe <.< But it made me happy D:
    Really it does sound like sour grapes sometimes. If I had the disposable income, I'd probably spend some of it here XD There are many worse vices to have than this one <.<

I agree. A lot of my friends take vacations, the last one went to Las Vegas.
    She said the whole trip cost them ~$3-4K. For one week. Nobody blinks an
    eye at that. A lot of them have done the same thing. But put that amount into
    a game over a space of 2-3 years--and ppl think ur crazy.

But I daresay my $3-4K spent over 3 years has given me more enjoyment
    than a one-week blast in Vegas.

I've never begrudged cs'ers, knowing full well it's they who keep the game ftp
    for everyone. I just wish PWI could have come up with some way to make $$
    from cash-shop without selling power. I do believe that kinda screwed up the
    game unfortunately.

And yes, if I had a few hundred million $$, I would spend like CRAZY on here,
    lol.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ponyduck wrote: »
    I agree. A lot of my friends take vacations, the last one went to Las Vegas.
    She said the whole trip cost them ~$3-4K. For one week. Nobody blinks an
    eye at that. A lot of them have done the same thing. But put that amount into
    a game over a space of 2-3 years--and ppl think ur crazy.

But I daresay my $3-4K spent over 3 years has given me more enjoyment
    than a one-week blast in Vegas.

I've never begrudged cs'ers, knowing full well it's they who keep the game ftp
    for everyone. I just wish PWI could have come up with some way to make $$
    from cash-shop without selling power. I do believe that kinda screwed up the
    game unfortunately.

And yes, if I had a few hundred million $$, I would spend like CRAZY on here,
    lol.
    A-motherfuucking-men.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There's always going to be someone spending ungodly amount of money on this game, but that doesn't mean other players are going to stick around.

Speaking of spending ungodly amounts of money on this game, I haven't seen Wishess Name pop up in chat for anything, or did I just miss those few hours?....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Game is dieing, it was great when i started and 2 years after
  • deathsdearest
    deathsdearest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have not been on long enough to say boo about wether it is dying or not but if my experience in the past 4 days or so means anything then I would be surprised if it stayed afloat another year. If it does it is because of all the older players who are willing to drop mega amts of money on a game.
    All I know for certian is that at level 31 it is a choice between armor or skills. I have been choosing skills and have learned to live with being be 1 shot with my lev 13 armor. I know about the lev 30 rep armor but do not have 30k for that stuff . I am missing massive amts of skills still. I am making about 8 to 10k coin a day from quests and coin drop. That is perhaps 3 skill upgrades on 1 skill. If it were not for chests I would have not pots.
    I have tried some suggestions like making and selling stuff and selling mats and so on. I have researched the local shops and slashed prices half of what is there with not a sale in sigh, that was after 7 hours.
    I am not above putting money into a game to get what I like and stuff but I would never drop 100 bucks on a game I am not even sure I can stand at this point. If PW relys on new player income being generated in any way then they need to learn something called balance. And honestly I would call this a F2P only marginally at best because you can participate but on a very limited scale. Who wants to squad with a cleric with a lev 1 rez (sorry but I need the coin for keeping me alive at thsi point) or a cleric who has lev 13 armor at lev 31. Hell I would nto even want to squad with me lol.
    PW needs to learn balance if they want to attract new clientel or they can just syphon off the older players till they move on.. but then what?
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I came to this game back 3yrs ago and this was the first game of its kind i had played. I came from FPS games for 8 yrs or so before that. What turned me off about these games before PW was the idea it was too nerdy. To me it was a bunch of socially inept nerds who played these games.

So finally someone i knew told me about PW so i gave it a try. I found the game to be fun& the people were for the most part nice and helping. Sadly all these years later i feel many in the player base are the socially inept nerds that turned me away from games like these. People who feel its ok to belittle and debase others just because of there gear ect ect. When i see pictures of these people they look like a reject from a Harry Potter film. As if PW is the only form of power they have in there life or as ive said before over compensating for being picked on as children.

This kind of elitist attitude and PW sheer greed is whats killing this game. And at the end of the month when a certain game comes out what option do u think many new players will chose . Slap down 50$ or whatever or come to a game like PW ? Oh and i can be a jerk at times also b:chuckle yet i try and remember ITS JUST A GAME. I would never treat people in the real world as ive seen others treated . Thank you and have a good day b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    And at the end of the month when a certain game comes out what option do u think many new players will chose

Crystal Desert, ijs b:victory
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Points to sign*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    What one? They wont ban you for saying it trust me.

Ill distract them just in case:

Guild. Wars. 2, Diablo3, T.ERA, E.V.E., W.oW.

Would go on if i knew any others. xD
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    What one? They wont ban you for saying it trust me.

Ill distract them just in case:

Guild. Wars. 2, Diablo3, T.ERA, E.V.E., W.oW.

Would go on if i knew any others. xD

If you wanna do it, do it right and post direct links to upcoming better games. They will remove this one, watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-NXdWk9sm8
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If you wanna do it, do it right and post direct links to upcoming better games. They will remove this one, watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-NXdWk9sm8
    Doesnt look that chitty. The avalanche is kinda cool, but why is a ranged toon firing at close mobs in stead of running back abit then shooting? :P
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    GM alt spending fake monies.
    This^
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brandina - Sanctuary
    Brandina - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ironically, free to play games cost more to play than pay to play games if you let them.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have not been on long enough to say boo about wether it is dying or not but if my experience in the past 4 days or so means anything then I would be surprised if it stayed afloat another year. If it does it is because of all the older players who are willing to drop mega amts of money on a game.
    All I know for certian is that at level 31 it is a choice between armor or skills. I have been choosing skills and have learned to live with being be 1 shot with my lev 13 armor. I know about the lev 30 rep armor but do not have 30k for that stuff . I am missing massive amts of skills still. I am making about 8 to 10k coin a day from quests and coin drop. That is perhaps 3 skill upgrades on 1 skill. If it were not for chests I would have not pots.
    I have tried some suggestions like making and selling stuff and selling mats and so on. I have researched the local shops and slashed prices half of what is there with not a sale in sigh, that was after 7 hours.
    I am not above putting money into a game to get what I like and stuff but I would never drop 100 bucks on a game I am not even sure I can stand at this point. If PW relys on new player income being generated in any way then they need to learn something called balance. And honestly I would call this a F2P only marginally at best because you can participate but on a very limited scale. Who wants to squad with a cleric with a lev 1 rez (sorry but I need the coin for keeping me alive at thsi point) or a cleric who has lev 13 armor at lev 31. Hell I would nto even want to squad with me lol.
    PW needs to learn balance if they want to attract new clientel or they can just syphon off the older players till they move on.. but then what?

How your only making 8-10k coin per day on drops at lv 31 is a mistery to me, if its really that hard, maybe you should dump like 10$ in the game lol, would net you about 15mil coin if you sold it in the AH
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    How your only making 8-10k coin per day on drops at lv 31 is a mistery to me, if its really that hard, maybe you should dump like 10$ in the game lol, would net you about 15mil coin if you sold it in the AH

They nerfed dq items up to lvl 41 they only sell for 1 coin and dq items drops more than gear to sell to a vendor. Still though only 10k seems kinda low for a whole day unless he means an hour. Deathsdearest if you want to make more money when you get around lvl 37 go kill sapphire planeshark dons they have one of the highest drop rates of rough furs in the game they usually sell to catshops for a good bit of coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    what could possibly make you guys hate this game so much that you spend your free time coming here to bash on it and the people that enjoy it? in the end of the day its just a game if you don't like it just delete the game and never post on the forum again
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    what could possibly make you guys hate this game so much that you spend your free time coming here to bash on it and the people that enjoy it? in the end of the day its just a game if you don't like it just delete the game and never post on the forum again

Off course because regardless of what they say they do not have found a better to game to play,so they have lots of free time to come here and QQ.
    When they speak about playing other game they just lie,or they play very little.

I wouldn't stand on this forum a sec more If I ever moved to another game (And quitted PWI).
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Off course because regardless of what they say they do not have found a better to game to play,so they have lots of free time to come here and QQ.
    When they speak about playing other game they just lie,or they play very little.

I wouldn't stand on this forum a sec more If I ever moved to another game (And quitted PWI).

Lies, i play another MMO now MORE than I play PWI(points to sign*)b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I completely agree. Those people are not really playing their "new games."
    A true player won't bother to waste their precious gaming time to troll their previous game and the people who are still playing on their previous game.

Same here.
    I wouldn't stand on this forum a sec more as well if I moved to another game.
    Like when I decided to quit PWI 3 years ago, I didn't even bother visiting this forum at all during those 3 years.
    I started coming to the forum frequently after I came back to PWI last month.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Lies, i play another MMO now MORE than I play PWI(points to sign*)b:cute

so why are you here? why not go to the new games forum and talk to player there?
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well as i saw someone said, people said the game is dying, but when they do a promotion like the gold event if you buy packs, people was complaining about Duke shooting it all the time.

Many people tried other game, but come back cause the game wasn't as good as they though would be.

Many people pretending not playing PWI anymore come everyday on the forum and post, the day i'll leave PWI or any other game i'll not come anymore on the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited August 2012
    Options
    so why are you here? why not go to the new games forum and talk to player there?

I don't play WoW anymore I still read the forums I don't play Rift anymore I still check the forums to see how things are going. So your point is what exactly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I don't play WoW anymore I still read the forums I don't play Rift anymore I still check the forums to see how things are going. So your point is what exactly?

do you hate WoW/Rift? if "yes" do you spend al day on their forum to tell them the game sux ?
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I myself LOVE PWI.
    But i come here to let others know how badly PWE SUX ***.
    IJS
    edited August 2012
    Options
    do you hate WoW/Rift? if "yes" do you spend al day on their forum to tell them the game sux ?

No I don't but just because someone doesn't like how PWI ended up doesn't mean everything they post on here is saying the game suck's blah blah. Oh and if your account isn't being payed for on WoW or Rift you can't post on the forums just read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    No I don't but just because someone doesn't like how PWI ended up doesn't mean everything they post on here is saying the game suck's blah blah. Oh and if your account isn't being payed for on WoW or Rift you can't post on the forums just read.

It'd be nice if PWI forums would be similar in that respect.
    I have yet to see anyone who has said "I quit pwi, but I still think it's an awesome game". If anyone thinks that that's great, but too many "I hate pwi it sucks and I moved on to ____ game which is SOOOO much better I'm such a troll look at how cool I am lololz" post really makes it hard to believe that anyone who doesn't play any more should have any contribution to its forums. IMO only people who continue to play PW should have any input post-wise on PWI forums, and if you really have moved on to a different game you don't have any reason to post here anymore.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    but too many "I hate pwi it sucks and I moved on to ____ game which is SOOOO much better I'm such a troll look at how cool I am lololz" post really makes it hard to believe that anyone who doesn't play any more should have any contribution to its forums.
    I know right.
    There was even a case on Sanctuary when someone, who claimed that he didn't play PWI anymore, purposely logged into the game for trolling.
    He bought tons of teles, and used his teles to troll the world chat by continuously bashing PWI and, even worse, insulting all PWI players for about 20 minutes lol

Eh.... bad trolls nowadays are really epic fail xD
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink