thoughts on spawn point killing in TW

Comments

• boarhunter
    boarhunter Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    tbh, the only ones who will profit from TW are the low tiered factions ignored by the bigger ones on the server. And that's only because they wouldn't have to deal with the costs of TW.

Looks like you've never been in these lower tiered factions. We go though charms, pots, apoth, runes, crab & herb and gear damage probably more than the bigger factions since we've had longer TWs than the Major Factions and are under geared compared to them. We do it for the fun experience and most have to pay for it out of their pockets as TW pay may be all of 300k coins with one land.

As to spawn point killing, it's a TW tactic that can be avoided by exiting to either side or around back and fly out. We learned that when we started into TW. It may not be nice; but, one has to learn to deal with that as well as other issues in TWs. It's something we don't do. We also stop fighting when the TW is won or loss. Some do and some don't.

b:bye

h49McXT.jpg
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you can get spawnkilled to the extent where it seems very bad then you've already lost the TW.... at which point it doesn't matter anyways.

Agreed. If this happens it means your faction is just much weaker then yours.

And it's not a TW tactic really. Sure you can consider it one if you can get it to work in an even fight. But mostly the massive spawnkilling happens when your faction is nailed in your base while the enemy has total control. Which means you've already lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boarhunter wrote: »
    Looks like you've never been in these lower tiered factions. We go though charms, pots, apoth, runes, crab & herb and gear damage probably more than the bigger factions since we've had longer TWs than the Major Factions and are under geared compared to them.

That sounds more like a mid-tiered faction. Most of the lower ones won't bother with that degree of preparation and tend to either get stomped by high tiers or struggle a bit against mid tiers. Since the low end ones end up not dealing with a large amount of the TW costs, as long as they're ignored they can profit and complain about how mid tiered and up are getting profit when the reality is the opposite is occurring.
  • Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver
    Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Serious TW factions that care about their image have rules about spawn killing, it is poor sportsmanship and if your faction is powerful enough to dominate the other faction you don't need to spawn kill, your faction would be able to kill most attempting to attack the catabarbs, clerics or DDs protecting them inside the base.

The top faction on Dreamweaver sets up a defense around their catabarbs and ranged DDs move up as far as the towers each side of the crystal when they get a strong enough hold on your base, which can make it very difficult to break through and get them off the crystal once set up. They don't need to spawn kill and their DDs will start killing you midway from the spawn point to the crystal if you run in.

One of the other factions with a number of lands however seems to be the opposite, and though they would say they have rules against spawn killing they do not practice what they preach allowing their members to do it when it can be argued. This faction needs to intimidate others because really it is weak at the core and built on members that have jumped on the bandwagon.
    karmielkid wrote: »
    This all sounds like allot of QQing.

Do not like being spawned killed?

Get better gear or get a better faction or work towards making a better faction.

b:cry

Or leave your faction taking the faction bank with you to fund R9, join the bandwagon faction of the server and then spawn kill in their name.
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People don't care about respect, all they want it's a new land to get money.

Do you even play this game? One land pays a little more than $5 a week. /80, and that's not anything. My faction owns nearly half the map. I get about $2 a weekend for TW. Either that or you're really, really poor.

I hope you didn't pay too much for your account. b:bye
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do you even play this game? One land pays a little more than $5 a week. /80, and that's not anything. My faction owns nearly half the map. I get about $2 a weekend for TW. Either that or you're really, really poor.

I hope you didn't pay too much for your account. b:bye

I didn't bought my account and i play since way more long time than you, but if on your sever you got real money for TW you are the one who probably don't play a lot.

A land lvl 3 receive 10m, a lvl 2 20m and a lvl 1 30m, so i dunno where you get your 5$ or 2$.

And majority (all) factions on HL doesnt pay members of the faction for TW. So yea for a leader who own half of the map it's a lot of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • squishy359
    squishy359 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I didn't bought my account and i play since way more long time than you, but if on your sever you got real money for TW you are the one who probably don't play a lot.

A land lvl 3 receive 10m, a lvl 2 20m and a lvl 1 30m, so i dunno where you get your 5$ or 2$.

And majority (all) factions on HL doesnt pay members of the faction for TW. So yea for a leader who own half of the map it's a lot of money.

She means $2 worth of coin, sherlock. b:chuckle

The point is, even with salary the members aren't going to be making money. People don't join and stay in those serious TW guilds to get rich.

And why is my sig messed up again >:
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hahahah thats such a typical ex-Enrage/ROC response. I love it how fairness and good sportsmanship never enters into their way of thinking. Somethings will never change.

Hahaha somebody has an opinion that dosent agree with yours so you try to laugh at them and degrade them.

Whos your main? What TW fac are you in? Let me know please so I can ensure we dish you out an extended spawnpoint smashing. Thanks b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    squishy359 wrote: »
    She means $2 worth of coin, sherlock. b:chuckle

And you didn't get my point ''sherlock''.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• squishy359
    edited July 2012
    And you didn't get my point ''sherlock''.

I did. You're saying people only care about getting money from TW.

And my point, and TempleSlave's point, is that members in a real TW faction are loosing money by TWing every week even if their guild uses almost all the funds to pay salary.

Therefore, it makes little sense that people would join and stay in a TW guild for money, because they sure as hell aren't making any money.
    edited July 2012
    squishy359 wrote: »
    I did. You're saying people only care about getting money from TW.

And my point, and TempleSlave's point, is that members in a real TW faction are loosing money by TWing every week even if their guild uses almost all the funds to pay salary.

Therefore, it makes little sense that people would join and stay in a TW guild for money, because they sure as hell aren't making any money.

Like i said on my server there's no faction giving TW paid, so the lead get all the money in his pockets, for someone owning half of the map it's a lot of money.

On HL don't try to find a faction that pay for TW, that don't exist. So yes the members loose money for charms/pots/stuff, but when the leader of a faction bid on a land knowing that the faction won't show cause they are already gank, he don't do it for get a fun TW they do it to get one more land for more free money.

So for a top faction which got wined TW week after week, i'm sorry, but except the bid they don't waste any money on charms/pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I dont do it but i think during TW it is prolly a decent strategy not to give opponents time to rebuff and get rid of their seals.. but after TW i personally dont like it but people do it cant do nethng about it, just log off out of instance and get over it i guess
  • jearxbear
    jearxbear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't like it. I call out any member in my faction that does it. Why do it? Give me a challenge.

Well... not like it matters. This server I'm in already lacks skill in the first place.
  • squishy359
    edited July 2012
    Like i said on my server there's no faction giving TW paid, so the lead get all the money in his pockets, for someone owning half of the map it's a lot of money.

On HL don't try to find a faction that pay for TW, that don't exist. So yes the members loose money for charms/pots/stuff, but when the leader of a faction bid on a land knowing that the faction won't show cause they are already gank, he don't do it for get a fun TW they do it to get one more land for more free money.

So for a top faction which got wined TW week after week, i'm sorry, but except the bid they don't waste any money on charms/pots.

I understand what you're saying better now.

On my server salary is pretty commonplace.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012

It's assumptions like these that make people look stupid. How do you know how long he/she has been playing?

Just...lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got 1.5m pay last weekend on my sin. My barbs faction doesnt really do TW as they got 1 land and income is used a lot on leveling faction base. That 1.5m totally covers the expenses when we have real TWs. And we`re talking bout a toon that doesnt really burn charms as it gets killed usually after first tick. Granted event gold rewards of late gave me an extensive charm bank so those are more or less free to me. But saying like top factions make some huge money outta lands is ridiculous.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If all your opponents from the opposite guild are dead/sealed then u win the tw and theres no reason to make it last longer. So spawn killing wins.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's assumptions like these that make people look stupid. How do you know how long he/she has been playing?

Just popped into point out that she can tell at least how long that person's account has been active. Your achievements are able to be viewed by anyone. The "hello, world" achievement is a pretty good indicator of how long someone has been playing with that specific account.

If you ARE able to spawn kill your opponents with the sort of degree where it's some huge problem where you can't res without getting murdered soon after at all then you've already lost the TW anyways so it doesn't matter.

That makes it sound like it's kinda like kicking a person when they are down....I've only TWed a couple of times so I don't have much experience with it. But I do know that one of the times I did TW and we were spawn killed after the match was over with, with shouts of "Go Home!" and other such pleasantries. It left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. But at the same time, even though I dislike PVP I'm kind of have a sort of ruthless attitude towards it. At this point, you aren't FORCED into pvp. Even to complete your culti. So anytime you choose to do so, you should also be prepared for the results. Be it spawn point killing, losing a drop, getting splatted by rank 9s, etc. It's why I just leave the blood theater if some of the bigger factions decide they wanna get a squad together and kill everyone in there even though most aren't super well geared. I don't get mad about it. Yeah it sucks they targeted me when their gear so obviously outclasses mine and get in a group to do it. But that's the price I pay for entering the blood theater. ::shrug::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • sirrobert
    sirrobert Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

The top factions on HL don't pay out TW money to the faction.

Soooooo, members just pay for there own charms and except that the leader walks away with everything?
    You got some weird people walking around over there
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Spawn killing during a TW is not poor sportsmanship, it's tactical. Spawn killing after a TW, your own choice if you want a bad reputation for the faction you're facing.
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Spawn killing during a TW is not poor sportsmanship, it's tactical. Spawn killing after a TW, your own choice if you want a bad reputation for the faction you're facing.

I think you are wrong there. A good tactic can still be poor sportsmanship. But a lot of spawn killing can be countered by the other faction members simply moving away from the spawn point backing up, moving left or right, its when they are bunched up that it's very easy to do.

I think the biggest act of poor sportsmanship is when an archer sets BOA up on the spawn point so that as people are spawning they are getting killed immeditaly not being given any chance and you can't respawn or you just pop right back into the line of fire. The second biggest would be killing respawners after TW is over. Although honestly the losing faction also shares blame in that considering if you stay dead you can't be kill farmed.

From reading alot of the posts its clear to me alot of people on the forums and in game have no idea what sportsmanship is. At first I thought I'd try and englighten some of you, but I don't think its worth the time because most of you will never understand it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sirrobert wrote: »
    The top factions on HL don't pay out TW money to the faction.

Soooooo, members just pay for there own charms and except that the leader walks away with everything?
    You got some weird people walking around over there

sounds like HL could easily get a new dominant tw faction, if anyone who is willing to send out tw pay is willing to form a faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the biggest act of poor sportsmanship is when an archer sets BOA up on the spawn point so that as people are spawning they are getting killed immeditaly not being given any chance and you can't respawn or you just pop right back into the line of fire. The second biggest would be killing respawners after TW is over. Although honestly the losing faction also shares blame in that considering if you stay dead you can't be kill farmed.

LOL... just how much damage can an archer's barrage do anyways. A +12 barrage is 20k+7k+7k for 8.5k pvp damage. Even a barrage crit from a full dot archer on an unbuffed target should NOT be a kill shot on well geared players (outside the RARE super high crit).

And why is the blame for kill farming always placed on the farmer? What about the farmee? Whats so hard about actually getting some half decent gears.

That makes it sound like it's kinda like kicking a person when they are down....I've only TWed a couple of times so I don't have much experience with it.

TW is a war between two guilds. Personally if someone has the guts to attack me... and just happens to "trip" and fall... you can bet that I am going to kick him while hes down.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited July 2012
    LOL... just how much damage can an archer's barrage do anyways. A +12 barrage is 20k+7k+7k for 8.5k pvp damage. Even a barrage crit from a full dot archer on an unbuffed target should NOT be a kill shot on well geared players (outside the RARE super high crit).

And why is the blame for kill farming always placed on the farmer? What about the farmee? Whats so hard about actually getting some half decent gears.

What about an unbuffed, sealed, player that just respawned after having his charm ticked so he has 1 hp because the charm is still in cd?

How much damage does it take to kill him unfairly the second he spawns?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    What about an unbuffed, sealed, player that just respawned after having his charm ticked so he has 1 hp because the charm is still in cd?

How much damage does it take to kill him unfairly the second he spawns?

Just how often does that happen... for someone to die and release within 10 seconds of his last charm tick. I got killed at spawn (by suicidal sins) before... and also spawned before charm cool down from previous tick. Never once did both occur at the same time... and I probably died upward of a thousand times in TW. So are you seriously going to use a one in a thousand chance scenario as your argument?

Oh... and I am one of those archers who would set barrage on spawn if given the chance. I have hit targets for 1k and also targets for well over 10k. Those who I hit for 10k... isn't going to make any difference in TW anyways... so they might as well stay dead. And for those who I hit for 1k... generally are smart enough to stop my barrage.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

edited July 2012
    This is what I meant by being pointless to try and enlighten the players. It happens quite often that people die and respawn while their charm is in CD (you've done how many tws and never have that happening, you must get 1 shot alot) now that happening while someone is spawn killing people isn't as likely but it still happens. People like you don't even know the definition of sportsmanship so trying to explain it or the spirit of it is pointless because you will never acknowledge what sportsmanship is. So have fun killing pointlessly and making yourself feel big.

On a side note for those that will try to say I am qqing. 1 - I have never been spawn killed. 2 - I do not spawn kill. 3 - I have averaged 2 tws a week for 3 years on this game on various servers and toons, something like 250 tws. I've won a lot, lost a lot, killed a lot and died alot, thankfully I've won more than lost and killed more than died and over all had a lot of fun over the years thankfully without spoiling the fun of others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a big influence on my decision to quit this game or not.

The 1 minute unpurgable seal after respawning in TW is stupid, it serves no purpose.

TW needs to be redesigned and modernized, anyway. I'm sure Wanmei will find a way to **** over everyone if they did actually do this, like a CS item that removes seal on spawn.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    It happens quite often that people die and respawn while their charm is in CD (you've done how many tws and never have that happening, you must get 1 shot alot)

Really... do you have selected reading compression? Guess you never got pass "and also spawned before charm cool down from previous tick."
    People like you don't even know the definition of sportsmanship so trying to explain it or the spirit of it is pointless because you will never acknowledge what sportsmanship is.

I am like what... the 2nd... 3rd... at the most 4th r9 archer on my server. If I care for sportsmanship... why the heck would i get r9? That's like going bird hunting with a nuke... yea... going to be very sporty when I vaporize that poor quail.

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you see someone come to attack you after you spawn why not just use a Sutra orb? That gives you invincibility and you can use it while sealed.

If you don't have sutras or are too slow to use them then dying is your own fault.
    There are no safe zones in TW.
    Spawn killing after a TW, your own choice if you want a bad reputation for the faction you're facing.
    Mean people with such bad reputations D:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEoKIkCnJCY#t=1444s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • AmbrosiaXIII - Dreamweaver
    AmbrosiaXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    xblobxblob wrote: »
    Hi,

just curious to see what people think of spawnpoint killing in TW. Not people that are just standing around waiting for seal to come off or base buffers, but insta killing as soon as someone spawns there, so they are not even given a chance of moving off the platform.
    Now i know war is war, and you are able to use whatever means necessary to defeat your opponent, but this is really just poor sportsmanship isn't it? Interested to see what others think of this strategy.

factions that do this to me just makes them look bad and it is poor sportsmanship. what is the point in killing a group of people that cant defend themselves. if you had integrity respect thoughtfulness consideration of others that just wish to enjoy the game and what it has to offer. as i have seen most of the people are just plain rude disrespectful cruel vulgar only think about themselves. you have to ask yourself what are theses people like in real life. if you behave this way in a game i could image what pricks some of you are and i would have nothing to do with people like that. there is an old adage do unto others as you would want done unto you. yes it is a biblical term and no i am not a religious nut. but the saying is right. why would you do that to someone if you yourself don't want it done to you. just because you can do spawn point killing in a tw doesn't mean that you should.