Get people back on the servers by...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well I agree with a lot of your analysis of Swift's work, I still consider him to be both. For one, he wrote this anonymously. He was also being intentionally provocative and clearly trying to elicit an emotional outrage. Which is why he doesn't just suggest that people should eat babies, he goes into detail about different ways to eat babies. I mean he suggests that to fricassee the babies for example. He was clearly trying to **** people off. IMHO he was trolling the elites spreading mercantilism. And there are many, many people that did not realize he wasn't being serious about eating babies. There are just so many different ways he could have gone about making his point that people were being treated as commodities and to decry the inequality of conditions at the time. He picked the baby-eating route both as satire and to troll people. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

Well, they dont have to be mutually exclusive, but as I said about trolls with buzzword insults, they are not exactly mutually inclusive either, and we basicly agree then. I'm not saying your point is mute, but that the term troll is more expansive than to just include sarcasm and satire with a moral value.

In reality, if you look at another somewhat famous Satirist, John Wilmot (2nd Earl of Rochester), his satrical poems had a political goal and/or focused on reveling in the debauchery of the time and class of which he lived - so in that sense your point about trolls is easily supported.

But, unlike Wilmot, many children have read or had read to them Aesop's fables, and Swift's works are included in textbooks both for their Literary value, as well as their value to history and social studies. For most of the reading population today, unless seeing the movie 'The Libertine' made you curious enough to investigate further, you would have never heard of John Wilmot. But, much like many trolls on these forums - he WANTS you to hate him, and for his lack of moral fiber.

Emotional outrage is the only thing that calls people - especially people who are comfortable with the way their personal lives are - into action, and gives them another image of themselves and society as a whole, that they might not have taken the time to consider while they were busy desiding what architectual-style to use to build onto their already overly large castles, or what fashions they could no longer afford to be seen wearing while out socializing amongst their peers, or even what amongst a multitude of choices they would be eating that night, and how they wish it to be prepared.

Its not easy being a member of the upper-crust, I'll give you, lol.

During the time of the American Revolution, there was a song commonly sung loudly in most American taverns in the colonies:

"Dance, dance, wherever you may be. I am the Lord of the Dance said he, and I'll lead you all wherever you may be, and I'll lead you all in the dance said he."

If you were a loyalist to or spy for the British Crown, you would never know this satirical song was a call to arms against the Crown for the common folk. As to dance wherever one was, would require one to rise up and act outside of the accepted norm.

and I thought you weren't reading these. b:lipcurl

Its my thread and Ill read what I want to? b:surrender

If there is a spark of intelligence in it, I might actually reply intelligently too. *giggles*
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wall of text is absolutely pointless
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wall of text is absolutely pointless

Your post is absolutely pointless, emo child.

• eso
    eso Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Brilliance and Agiya, after reading this thread, I honestly cannot blame anyone for the way this game has become, it's the way pwi is rigged in a certain way. One time I did feel that certain players have caused the game to be ruined, but honestly they are just trying to get through and have fun with it like anyone else. I cannot blame the cashshoppers either because I do believe they being taken for a ride as well. This game isn't really good in quality when you really think about it.

It's really pwi's fault with this high price **** eye candy and hope people will buy with their money. I don't think these individuals realize they are being taken for a ride, and if you try to question it, they get mad/upset/insults/immaturity/etc. They don't want to hear it really, but they don't understand that is what is killing this game slowly and driving out players one by one. This fake economy is what it is, a fake economy, digital items, no real sense of worth and you have to pay with money if you want to succeed in said game. I have been guilty of dabbling into it for a flyer, and I felt dirty after that. You have the players who grind so much for the stuff they want, but it's gets tiring and boring, and that can drive out players too especially when you hit the lvl 90+ range of drops/crafting/repairing/etc, I heard it really gets insane at that point. Pwi wants you to pay one way or another and thus that's why I feel it's all one big scam-ride till the day your done. This is why I loved Guild Wars, more clean and fun even if it does have it's own flaws.

I'm going to be for real, I don't trust the developers, I think they know the people in here are their piggybanks and they are just sucking the life out of them for everything they are worth, pwi isn't going to be around forever, and once it's offline, it's offline. Then they will probably ask, what was it all for? All that fun/time/money, gone in a blink of a eye. This is the reason why I like Guild Wars, they don't fall for that trap and they still going strong, and once GW1 is offline, nothing is lost except for the retail game you bought from day 1 and it's way more balanced and fun as a sidenote, only making GW1 as a example on what I'm trying to convey here.

I can tell you all now and your not going to like this what I'm about to write, but I'm from a mainstream-forum site where I talk to other gamers and they say these MMOs like "these" are like the devil and a complete waste of your time.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Aw. Brillance trying to have the last word closing her own thread. b:chuckle

But yea, pretty smart. Reminds me of this robber who called the police for someone having broken into his flat while having tons of stolen goods lying around...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Suggestion Revised.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I don't want a server merge if only because Raging Tides seems like a lightning rod for people who want to rage all the time.....now if they only merged empty servers like Archo and Raging and the EU servers then I don't care. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    Agiya - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I don't want a server merge if only because Raging Tides seems like a lightning rod for people who want to rage all the time.....now if they only merged empty servers like Archo and Raging and the EU servers then I don't care. b:chuckle

Maybe they will take your point into consideration for you. As for raging all the time - Ive read posts in all the server syposiums, and all I have to say is...

I dont see ANY that would qualify as 'prizes'.
    b:chuckle
    Oh carrots are devine, you get a dozen for a dime...its maaaa-gic! ~ Bugs Bunny
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well, mods can read all edits and previous versions so... =p

And yea Venus. I wouldn't want to merge with raging trolls either. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    eso wrote: »
    Brilliance and Agiya, after reading this thread, I honestly cannot blame anyone for the way this game has become, it's the way pwi is rigged in a certain way.

I can tell you all now and your not going to like this what I'm about to write, but I'm from a mainstream-forum site where I talk to other gamers and they say these MMOs like "these" are like the devil and a complete waste of your time.

Thanks so much for your post eso. I agree with everything you said, and I even tried a free trial last night of the 'old game'. I really like PW. I've played a few MMOs, and personally, I find the Mystic to be the most exciting character any of them have offered to be played. Kudos to the PWI developers on that.

But, if things can't pick up in this one, thanks again for suggesting that one. Hopefully, its expansion is bringing changes from the old game, and I can already see there are a lot more players to interact with as a newbie.

What good is a great character to play, if there is no one to play it with? *giggles*

Again, much appreciation!
    b:thanksb:victory
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Maybe they will take your point into consideration for you. As for raging all the time - Ive read posts in all the server syposiums, and all I have to say is...

I dont see ANY that would qualify as 'prizes'.

I've seen Raging Tides world chats, I've seen threads about raging tides world chats. By comparison there are a lot less trolls on DW. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I've seen Raging Tides world chats, I've seen threads about raging tides world chats. By comparison there are a lot less trolls on DW. b:chuckle

Im sure anything with you on it is just perfect by your estimation. Cool, you know....*shrugs*
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Im sure anything with you on it is just perfect by your estimation. Cool, you know....*shrugs*

Yes, because it's not like other people who actually play that server haven't noticed the same thing. Oh wait....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1369631
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yes, because it's not like other people who actually play that server haven't noticed the same thing. Oh wait....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1369631

Honestly, the people trolling in RT forum are just trying to make the server look active, thinking it will drum up interest in the server by established players.

Oh wait...Most of you old skoolers have chars on more than one server, so lol. They ARE rival factions. Anyone notice there are only two rival factions? b:chuckle

Thanks for helping to support my "server merge" point with this post and accompanying link! b:chuckle
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Honestly, the people trolling in RT forum are just trying to make the server look active, thinking it will drum up interest in the server by established players.

Oh wait...Most of you old skoolers have chars on more than one server, so lol. They ARE rival factions. Anyone notice there are only two rival factions? b:chuckle

Thanks for helping to support my server merge point with this post and accompanying link! b:chuckle

::facepalm:: It was about world chat. And there will always be a "top" faction. If you think that will change with a server merge....and neither would people suddenly want to quest again so there wouldn't be any change on that end either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ::facepalm:: It was about world chat. And there will always be a "top" faction. If you think that will change with a server merge....and neither would people suddenly want to quest again so there wouldn't be any change on that end either.

Why would a server merge mean they have to quest again? lol. Most games transfer characters, and the developers can easily learn from them if you think they can't already do it if they wanted to.

There would only be a few name change issues - which even **** games like RS have figured out how to do.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Why would a server merge mean they have to quest again? lol. Most games transfer characters, and the developers can easily learn from them if you think they can't already do it if they wanted to.

There would only be a few name change issues - which even **** games like RS have figured out how to do.

Precisely. So how would a new player see another new player if they don't know about instances and people aren't on the world map? The main reason to be on the world map is to quest. When new players spawn at the starter cities they still wouldn't see any new players even if the game were to merge servers. So I don't see how you can know the above and still think it would fix the new player seeing empty spawn cities problem. Server merging wouldn't solve the ghost town problem. 3 times nothing is still nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Precisely. So how would a new player see another new player if they don't know about instances and people aren't on the world map? The main reason to be on the world map is to quest. When new players spawn at the starter cities they still wouldn't see any new players even if the game were to merge servers. So I don't see how you can know the above and still think it would fix the new player seeing empty spawn cities problem. Server merging wouldn't solve the ghost town problem. 3 times nothing is still nothing.

You could be right. However, if 1 new player that would have started on RT, and another new player that would have started on HT, start on the same server, they at least have the opportunity to run into each other and make friends. Then, you multiply by that by the number of servers expected to merge, and wala.

The way it is now, that opportunity to run into another new player is simply not going to happen.

Is it perfect and guaranteed? Hardly, but the way things are now, the game will most likely keep declining.
  • eso
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I 100% support a transfer character/Server Merge, it would solve so many problems for everyone playing PWI. 70% chance that TT,FF,etc will start picking up again and towns would be more populated.
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I 100% support a transfer character/Server Merge, it would solve so many problems for everyone playing PWI. 70% chance that TT,FF,etc will start picking up again and towns would be more populated.

I agree eso. Thanks for your support! b:thanks
  • eso
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I agree eso. Thanks for your support! b:thanks

Just be sure to create a separate topic on the subject, it might start getting attention. I would try to directly email the people who work on the game as well, it's always better to send suggestions directly to them as well if it's possible.
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Just be sure to create a separate topic on the subject, it might start getting attention. I would try to directly email the people who work on the game as well, it's always better to send suggestions directly to them as well if it's possible.

I revised this one, but a new thread might be a good idea. I'll work on that when I have time. Thanks for the e-mail idea as well. You have been very helpful! b:victory

Btw, both you and Venus have had posts moved to the first post.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Your post is absolutely pointless, emo child.

This whole thread is pointless and calling people emo is so 3 years ago, get some new material.
    And yea Venus. I wouldn't want to merge with raging trolls either. b:laugh

Could you imagine that?! You know how every family has that person who is slow? Raging Tides is PWI slow family member. Player skill would be even worse, WC trolls would be even worse and general intelligence would be even worse. Worst idea ever.
    I find the Mystic to be the most exciting character any of them have offered to be played. What good is a great character to play, if there is no one to play it with?

It is just a shame you fail at playing a Mystic and playing this game in general. Trying to tell others who have been here longer that Raging Tides has different rules/mob effects, yeah right dream on *giggles*

What good is a great character with such a fail entity behind the screen? A useless one aka Brillance.
  • propadol1
    propadol1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I am avid MMO player. I came to PWI on request from GF to try it out.

Now the realistic review of what I saw: Lowest populated game ever encountered, looks dead in any time of day and seems like project has been abandoned few years ago and few people that play look like Zombies in Resident Evil.

Merging 2 or 3 servers might help to get players the feel of someone actually playing the game and not being alone.

Overall this is very bad game for new players because they can not group uo nor get help from others.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    propadol1 wrote: »
    I am avid MMO player. I came to PWI on request from GF to try it out.

Now the realistic review of what I saw: Lowest populated game ever encountered, looks dead in any time of day and seems like project has been abandoned few years ago and few people that play look like Zombies in Resident Evil.

Merging 2 or 3 servers might help to get players the feel of someone actually playing the game and not being alone.

Overall this is very bad game for new players because they can not group uo nor get help from others.

Thanks for your post propadol. Its nice to see there are people who understand!b:thanks

I made a new and better thread on the topic. Please forgive me & my negligence in not making a better attempt at closing this one. The best I can come up with is to post a redrect:

Further comments on the topic should be posted on People Wanted! Merge Servers ASAP!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1379251