PvP Veno Help!

Latokona - Lost City
Latokona - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Arigora Colosseum
Which build is best for PvP Venomancers? I don't want to rely completely on my pet. These were the builds I had in mind. I am Light Armor right now but if either of those are better for PvP I might restat. I mainly use my Fox Form and only use my human form for my buffs.

Heavy Armor
Heavy/Arcane Hybrid

I would like to stay LA and just use magic defense charms because my physical defense already shoots above 3k in fox form. I am lv 67 at the moment. Please make some recommendations. I refuse to become full arcane, I was before I restat to LA and I hated that build.
My characters:
FelineLife-Venomancer
TankQueen-Barbarian
I'm making a new Cleric. :P

I get irritated when people call me a guy when I play on my Barb, I'm a girl. -_-

Made some characters on HT-Aug 21, 2012
Post edited by Latokona - Lost City on

Comments

• Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I refuse to become full arcane, I was before I restat to LA and I hated that build.

I was gonna give you some advice, then I realized it would be wasted. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    not much bro since it's rare to find an HA or LA veno nowadays. it's best to go arcane. u may throw a temper tantrum about me saying that, but bro u making a class into something it's not designed for. why is r9 arcane for veno's? to help their survivability against magic attacks. and garnet gems or josd shards will help ur survivability out against physical attacks. but seeing as u only want to create another abomination i have nothing more to say.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    b:chuckle choosing to stay LA for PvP as a veno

b:laugh Enjoy being roflpwned for each duel then
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    akosireann wrote: »
    b:chuckle choosing to stay LA for PvP as a veno

b:laugh Enjoy being roflpwned for each duel then

What is this... I don't even... I roflpwned almost EVERYONE ("Unfair" tideborns too) even 20 levels above me with an LA melee veno by abusing certain things. I beat people my level without a pet. I just can't beat R9s yet. Please try that with your fail pure magic veno, if you can't, fail harder noob and uninstall the game.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosireann
    edited June 2012
    What is this... I don't even... I roflpwned almost EVERYONE ("Unfair" tideborns too) even 20 levels above me with an LA melee veno by abusing certain things. I beat people my level without a pet. I just can't beat R9s yet. Please try that with your fail pure magic veno, if you can't, fail harder noob and uninstall the game.

b:victory You can't melee what can 1 shot you ijs.
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ahhh great , an Arcane lover who despises all other builds , and a successful troll.'

yes , these forums go straight to Hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    b:victory You can't melee what can 1 shot you ijs.

Lol, I can stun you with pounce and nova to silence you and kill you before stun / seal duration goes off. IJS. I never got one shotted, ever IJS.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Itori - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    ahhh great , an Arcane lover who despises all other builds , and a successful troll.'

yes , these forums go straight to Hell

I don't hate the other builds, the original poster hates arcane so I can't really even give him advice to consider :O After playing so long and PvPing for months I've already realized what works, and why, unfortunately there will come a time when LA and HA won't be worth considering at all. It just misses out on too much. I'll say about venos what my friend says about BMs, it has a lot of skills, I only use the good ones.

I like hell, doesn't my sig show that? D: These forums should get out of there though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    The arcane hater actually went to akosireann not you xD.

As for Yulk , there we are with the fantasies again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    I don't hate the other builds, the original poster hates arcane so I can't really even give him advice to consider :O After playing so long and PvPing for months I've already realized what works, and why, unfortunately there will come a time when LA and HA won't be worth considering at all. It just misses out on too much. I'll say about venos what my friend says about BMs, it has a lot of skills, I only use the good ones.

I like hell, doesn't my sig show that? D: These forums should get out of there though.

Arcane offers the least HP from refines, it strongly needs more than just protection necklaces, even for G15 shadow nirvana offers less bonus physical defense. Although endgame arcane beats light because of the add ons make up for the lost defense. HA is superior to all other armor because of the defenses being easier to compensate for loss of M.DEF because M.DEF isn't ridiculously squishy as arcane is to P.DEF. You got melee skill trees for a reason (I am not counting consume spirit, that skill sucks).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosireann
    edited June 2012
    b:victory You were wondering why you can't defeat those R9 toons yulk? It's not always the armor or the refines or even the genies...it's the build.

Did you see any R9 that's a hybrid? That defeats the reason of getting R9 in the first place.

And no sorry no LA R9 or HA R9 gears for veno yet, maybe that's the time you can beat oneb:bye
    Go Pure or go Fail

Status of PvP in RT

edited June 2012
    Oh great , the mighty yulk spews **** again xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    b:victory You were wondering why you can't defeat those R9 toons yulk? It's not always the armor or the refines or even the genies...it's the build.

Did you see any R9 that's a hybrid? That defeats the reason of getting R9 in the first place.

And no sorry no LA R9 or HA R9 gears for veno yet, maybe that's the time you can beat oneb:bye

There's G16 nirvana and that's very OP, hell, even G15... I know why I can't defeat R9 players on a LEVEL 80+ character, because they are way above my level (I am supposed to lose against them aren't I?) and R9 gear (weapon included) is ridiculously OP regardless of what build you have. Even pure VIT chars hits really hard with that. R9 requires you to be pure MAG to be able to use those? Does that mean you need to be pure STR on R9 primary HA toons and pure DEX on primary LA toons to wear them? Troll much? Of course there is no different armors for R9 for the toons. You just literally have no idea how to build a char other than just boost damage? No wonder you get owned by sins so easily and archers in stealth.

Its the build, yeah right... I owned lots of pure built chars my level or above already. IJS.

No comment about the genies

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012

actually theres a HA r9 mix on hl with around 17k hp and a crapton of mdef and pdef
  • Zetsulight - Harshlands
    Zetsulight - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There's G16 nirvana and that's very OP, hell, even G15... I know why I can't defeat R9 players on a LEVEL 80+ character, because they are way above my level (I am supposed to lose against them aren't I?) and R9 gear (weapon included) is ridiculously OP regardless of what build you have. Even pure VIT chars hits really hard with that. R9 requires you to be pure MAG to be able to use those? Does that mean you need to be pure STR on R9 primary HA toons and pure DEX on primary LA toons to wear them? Troll much? Of course there is no different armors for R9 for the toons. You just literally have no idea how to build a char other than just boost damage? No wonder you get owned by sins so easily and archers in stealth.

Its the build, yeah right... I owned lots of pure built chars my level or above already. IJS.

No comment about the genies
    There's a SZ for a reason yulk.b:chuckle
  • Latokona - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    not much bro since it's rare to find an HA or LA veno nowadays. it's best to go arcane. u may throw a temper tantrum about me saying that, but bro u making a class into something it's not designed for. why is r9 arcane for veno's? to help their survivability against magic attacks. and garnet gems or josd shards will help ur survivability out against physical attacks. but seeing as u only want to create another abomination i have nothing more to say.
    1. I'm a girl even though I play as a Barb, trolololo
    2. I don't even want to go R9, Nirvana armor is what I had in mind if I ended up going pure HA
    3. I would get R9 if I went HA/AA hybrid
    4. WHAT DO YOU THINK FOX FORM IS FOR, EINSTEIN?! It is for more survivability against physical classes(more tanking capabilities) and I want the most of that considering almost everyone has a sin as a main or an alt and a lot of those sins are PKers.
    5. Just to throw this in on the side, I can kill mobs my level by myself(no pet) and not die, try that with a full robed Veno, you will get pwned, hard. The benefits will be a lot better being HA/AA hybrid or pure HA. Before R9 even came out the best armor was Nirvana.(correct me if I am wrong)
    My characters:
    FelineLife-Venomancer
    TankQueen-Barbarian

I get irritated when people call me a guy when I play on my Barb, I'm a girl. -_-

• Latokona - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    I agree with you! Let's see that noob do that with pure mag! Looks like they will end up as ROFLpwned! xD
    My characters:
    FelineLife-Venomancer
    TankQueen-Barbarian

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I recommend vit arcane simply because most other builds will struggle to put out the dmg to actaully kill their opponents. You rely more on your pet for dmg than survivability, nerfing your dmg more than necessary will make you more reliant. Unfortunately you can't use melee weapons in fox form, and even if you glitched it, you wouldn't be able to use skills and run the risk of being reported and possibly banned. I would only recommend pure mag if you can afford at least +10 gear with vit shards/hp or pdef gems minimum.

Honestly though this game isn't worth pvping on anymore since you mostly just get sins. Private servers are better. It's funny cause I've seen most non sins on my server go to vendetta, so yeah kinda explains why pwi pvp is dying pretty fast. That and the way pwe treats its playerbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Itori - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Honestly though this game isn't worth pvping on anymore since you mostly just get sins. Private servers are better. It's funny cause I've seen most non sins on my server go to vendetta, so yeah kinda explains why pwi pvp is dying pretty fast. That and the way pwe treats its playerbase.

Agreed b:surrender Though not that particular one b:shutup However sins are everywhere, I find some people who play them can't seem to use other classes all that well cause they're used to the easy mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Agreed b:surrender Though not that particular one b:shutup However sins are everywhere, I find some people who play them can't seem to use other classes all that well cause they're used to the easy mode.

Like how venoes were back in the day? Oh wait, still is and they sold all their stuff to re-roll / plvl sins to for doing their easy mode method faster (just costs a LOT more).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Latokona - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    I recommend vit arcane simply because most other builds will struggle to put out the dmg to actaully kill their opponents. You rely more on your pet for dmg than survivability, nerfing your dmg more than necessary will make you more reliant. Unfortunately you can't use melee weapons in fox form, and even if you glitched it, you wouldn't be able to use skills and run the risk of being reported and possibly banned. I would only recommend pure mag if you can afford at least +10 gear with vit shards/hp or pdef gems minimum.

Didn't I just say I REFUSE to go pure arcane? Just to throw this in, if you want to rant about how PvP is dying, make a new thread for that.
    My characters:
    FelineLife-Venomancer
    TankQueen-Barbarian

edited June 2012
    Didn't I just say I REFUSE to go pure arcane? Just to throw this in, if you want to rant about how PvP is dying, make a new thread for that.

Like there aren't enough of those already
  • Latokona - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Like there aren't enough of those already

Even if there are a lot of threads about dying PvP, no need to spam a thread that is COMPLETELY unrelated to the topic at hand about it. The topic at hand is what build should my Veno be NOT about dying PvP. Post your little rants somewhere else, not here. There is a new thread button for a reason, to stop people from posting about unrelated topics in threads. Now, go put the new thread button to use and stop putting your rants here.
    My characters:
    FelineLife-Venomancer
    TankQueen-Barbarian

edited June 2012
    Even if there are a lot of threads about dying PvP, no need to spam a thread that is COMPLETELY unrelated to the topic at hand about it. The topic at hand is what build should my Veno be NOT about dying PvP. Post your little rants somewhere else, not here. There is a new thread button for a reason, to stop people from posting about unrelated topics in threads. Now, go put the new thread button to use and stop putting your rants here.

I don't believe I was ranting but it seems like if you don't go pure you won't have enough attack power to kill the huge amount of sins who wreck any and all armor types already
  • Latokona - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    I don't believe I was ranting but it seems like if you don't go pure you won't have enough attack power to kill the huge amount of sins who wreck any and all armor types already

Yeah but lets not forget Arcane has the LOWEST physical defense. I'm an easy kill if the sin gets to me. Heavy Armor is for the better. They may stun me but there are plenty of skills to remove that. Heavy Armor stops physical classes from one shotting you for the most part so if I take of stun the Sin is pretty much doomed.
    My characters:
    FelineLife-Venomancer
    TankQueen-Barbarian

• Latokona - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Of

Off. Typos, I hate you so.
    My characters:
    FelineLife-Venomancer
    TankQueen-Barbarian

edited June 2012
    Yeah but lets not forget Arcane has the LOWEST physical defense. I'm an easy kill if the sin gets to me. Heavy Armor is for the better. They may stun me but there are plenty of skills to remove that. Heavy Armor stops physical classes from one shotting you for the most part so if I take of stun the Sin is pretty much doomed.

on my sin with +6 r8 daggers I can hit has for 9-11k
    chill blessing and frenzy
  • Latokona - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Fully refined HA+citrine stones and even a Veno has a good chance against a Sin.
    My characters:
    FelineLife-Venomancer
    TankQueen-Barbarian

• Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    I don't believe I was ranting but it seems like if you don't go pure you won't have enough magic attack power to kill the huge amount of sins who wreck any and all armor types already

Venoes never had strong magic attacks to begin with... (Ask Ast, who posts as an archer and has a bow veno :P )

Boohoo, QQ... I wish I could post a video. Dude, do you know how to stun lock? You're a BM man... Sins my barbs' level couldn't even kill me even if I was AFK... Some people don't know how to freaking lock people in place sheesh!. My veno is LA and still owns sins higher level...

If I have it easy owning sins with veno in duels and DT, possibly TW too with LA. I am not even a fan of PVP like I was before (I was playing a different game and didn't even know about PW then). Then you're doing something horribly wrong with HA toons...

Go frenzy and you get stunned/sealed pet glitch bleed and will get faceraped. A sin tried to use frenzy then headhunt on my veno, I used flesh ream on pet, he died in 3 seconds or something it was a really fast battle. Using genie skills can be countered. Waste of stamina IJS.

@Latokona- If you want to be PVP heavy, you'll need to get a good load of coins or dollars and reach at 100 or 101 minimum. Citrine shards are kind of out of the question by then. You'll want to put in JOSD in your endgame equipment, and +12 your HA / weapon, keep using o'malleys blessing. Make sure you have no less than 50 defense levels. We're talking about R9+12 JOSD PVP. People are rank heavy, so be aware of those CS people. Get Lionheart / Cascade glow at least for a start and test it out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1. I'm a girl even though I play as a Barb, trolololo
    2. I don't even want to go R9, Nirvana armor is what I had in mind if I ended up going pure HA
    3. I would get R9 if I went HA/AA hybrid
    4. WHAT DO YOU THINK FOX FORM IS FOR, EINSTEIN?! It is for more survivability against physical classes(more tanking capabilities) and I want the most of that considering almost everyone has a sin as a main or an alt and a lot of those sins are PKers.
    5. Just to throw this in on the side, I can kill mobs my level by myself(no pet) and not die, try that with a full robed Veno, you will get pwned, hard. The benefits will be a lot better being HA/AA hybrid or pure HA. Before R9 even came out the best armor was Nirvana.(correct me if I am wrong)

If your limit is nirvana (I hope 3rd cast). HA is a good option (although I haven't make the build for Arcane). However keep in mind that in order for HA to work, you will need very good refines (+10 all), so you don't get roflpwnd by mages. You will also need 2 cloud stirs and elemental resitance belt and necklace.

However the ultimate build for a veno will be always Arcane (which is the hardest to get).