I haven't figured out yet

Options
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
How the heck I kill the new Abbandon boss again?

He even used the special attack on Cleric, which isn't aps...
...also didn't attack when he have buffs on,no work
...Sin used chill to lower its aps,didn't work

Not to mention that Cleric burned a res scroll for nothing since the absurd bleed effect stays after dead,the heck ?
The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
Post edited by BerserkBeast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    For assured win, get a Veno in your squad or anyone who has a purge weapon so the boss can get purged.
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    don't aps the boss. Using just skills seem to work fine on the boss.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    How the heck I kill the new Abbandon boss again?

He even used the special attack on Cleric, which isn't aps...
    ...also didn't attack when he have buffs on,no work
    ...Sin used chill to lower its aps,didn't work

Not to mention that Cleric burned a res scroll for nothing since the absurd bleed effect stays after dead,the heck ?
    im gonna guess the cleric died only after the aps guys did? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jodur - Sanctuary
    Jodur - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Taking a way too much time to kill the boss for useless chips and keys nobody needs.

If u don't have a veno in squad barb is the key tbh. Sins should use skills (most of the sins prolly don't even know how to write skill) instead of autoattacking. Stop attacking when boss is buffed with the 2 red squares cos than damage just recovers his hp. Thats the way my squad succeeded to kill the boss (2x). Took long but he was dead w/o squad wipe.

Don't wanna know what how insane new bh boss in Seat gonna be. Personally i stop doing bhs cos i don't waste 30 mins for chips.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    im gonna guess the cleric died only after the aps guys did? >.>

Cleric was tanking him fine for like 30 secs when suddenly RAGEBAM 22k damage

I killed the boss after a while,I figured out 2 things:

- Never spark(maybe double spark its ok didn't check)
    - Lower aps under 2.0 (Sin's aps with Chill,still got 1-shooted after a while).

Squad mostly auto-attacked the whole time,no need to purge or anything special

Just need to figure out what's the max aps you can use on him....then just skills/auto attack whole squad.

Also you can BB at boss,but the bleed damage can be deadly

Again,I ignored his buffs,whole squad was attacking(BM using a pole,me my nub axes,Sin after dying started to use bow),just normal attacks and some random skill there and there.
    Seems like its all about your current APS,and the reason Sin gets 1-shotted even when he pulls with Zeal(Didn't touch him at all).

That's all I figured out
    (Prob Seat boss its the same,only he boost his def instead)
    edited May 2012
    Options
    see if DoTs add up to its 'F U Back' move ;o
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited May 2012
    Options
    see if DoTs add up to its 'F U Back' move ;o

His buffs goes out and in just too fast
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I dont realy see the point in buffing up these bosses the way they have its for fb99 and bh for god sakes its not like were getting the mats for 3rd cast from them and as for the fairy box key that was a useless peice of coding mirages are fairly worthless at this point anyways only going for at max 1k above npc price for those desperate to get them.

I myself haven't run the instance's yet to see what changes have been made but seen quite a few of my guildmates already complaining about it as it is alot of ppl aren't terribly geared and can fair alright with some of this but not everyone as soon as they hit 100 are full nv/r8/r9 as soon as they hit 100 the point in buffing these bosses makes it seem pretty much worthless to do a bh now as if it wasn't fairly pointless already only few items which are rarely gotten from it make it worth the time to actually get a squad set up and do.

Honestly I see the bh bosses driving free players off that can't afford to be as op as they're class can possibly be I know I'm for damn sure not gonna make any class full r9/nv full vit/cit gem sockets +10-12 everything its not worth my time or effort I do spend cash on the game merely cause its entertaining for the time being but if it gets to be a chore again I'll quickly be moving on again as I don't want to spend time just trying to get a squad for trivial things like bh.

bosses are definitely gonna have to be changed or your gonna have a large amount of rage on your hands by a good majority of your players on all servers that you have private servers are growing ever more popular for those that still like the game and its mechanics and your player base is dwindling theres no reason to buff bh bosses up like that again bh is trivial and mostly not worth the time it takes to get a squad for it.

Things like this need to be put into world bosses and farming things like nv or the 3rd cast mat not stuff like bh thats all for now though b:surrender I'm sure it wont be the last of it however
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Could also get a Bm who know's more than just apsing. MSS ftw
    SoT is easy btw Jodur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    SoT is easy btw Jodur

In fact BM was using a pole <.<
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:laugh oh btw ppl are already figuring out glitches for the bh bosses on where to get them stuck at where they can't attack and so on so yea shoulda probably dumped this off on cn servers b4 making us put up with it and figuring it all out
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    SoT is easy btw Jodur

This. All paths bm FTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Honestly I see the bh bosses driving free players off that can't afford to be as op as they're class can possibly be I know I'm for damn sure not gonna make any class full r9/nv full vit/cit gem sockets +10-12 everything its not worth my time or effort I do spend cash on the game merely cause its entertaining for the time being but if it gets to be a chore again I'll quickly be moving on again as I don't want to spend time just trying to get a squad for trivial things like bh.
    then dont do something so trivial.

and stop complaining about something so trivial

im guessing pwi is implementing things that are making us go back and actually strat and prep.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    hmm done this boss today and it dies rly quickly, no trouble at all and he hit rly low o,o Dont know.. maybe we were just rly lucky but we were surprised it was so easy o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
    edited May 2012
    Options
    hmm done this boss today and it dies rly quickly, no trouble at all and he hit rly low o,o Dont know.. maybe we were just rly lucky but we were surprised it was so easy o,o

Ye boss itself doesn't hit hard unless he gets angry
    Aoe its pretty weak as well and doesn't interrupt the BB
    Only thing that hurts really aside from 1-shoot thing its the bleed effect,which its really nasty and have be purified asap
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i killed it like 3 times today for the fun of it, but no good drops so i left it alone, With my Sin,
    I dont know where people got the idea that aps on it will make it harder hahahaha, on the contrary the harder-faster you hit it , it will Obviously die, with a squad the BM HF'd it and my sin took it down in like 8 seconds . So nothing to see here

Taking it easy on a boss is really stupid and unheard of, the more you let it live, the more problems will cause you isn't that obvious?
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yeah i had a weak squad today on one run,fighting boss was going well,was about dead after bm dropped a hf for me..then boom a jesus grenade of death.b:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • monkiimk1
    monkiimk1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You can purge the abbadon boss? I know it doesnt work on SoT boss. Thanks for info, will try it.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    kill peach before the new boss it is easier. If you have op squad he drops in less than one spark
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Tiare - Lost City
    Tiare - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Maybe i was just lucky but i had no problems with the abba boss. squad with cleric barb 3sins and a veno just worked fine. boss died in about 5-8 secs. barb lured btw.
    b:bye
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This is what I noticed in the 4 times I did the boss (barb, bm, sin, cleric). The boss isn't hard, it just requires to play differently from the existing bosses (unless you can kill it in 1 spark) : clerics shouldn't bb cause it won't cut the big hits and doesn't heal enough for the tank, sins/bms shouldn't just poke like idiots, barbs are better on 4 paws, ...

N.B. I had 1 squad fail because they just were idiots. I had 1 squad that killed the boss in 5 sec or so (4 with r9+10 weaps). The other runs were just average squads with different setups. There is no real need for specific setup/classes or for specific gear requirement as far as I've seen in aba.
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    + purge is useless (cool down)
    + he casts a bleed on the current tank
    + boss bleed kills everything with one tick, except a barbarian, the bleed only tickles barbs no idea why...
    + bleed stays on death and continues ticking after ressurection
    + aps doesn't matter, the problem with aps is that the aps-char gets aggro -> bleed

tested with sin, bm, cleric, veno, mystic, barb in different variations and styles (aps, non-aps, skills only)
    not tested: barb with aps

EDIT:

duoed with 5aps barb and mystic heal: bleed only ticks ~3k was not that hard to kill this way
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    + bleed stays on death and continues ticking after ressurection

Since many high levels are in PK mode I expect it as big test for drop of non-bound equipment.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The bleed effect expires after like 30 secs,if you revive right away you'l be dead again in a second.

And killing the boss within 5-8 seconds its not really fighting him,its like shooting someone in the head and call it a fight.
  • FishySmell - Lost City
    FishySmell - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    These 2 new boss's in SoT e Abba are needed to anything besides the bh100?

Or we can kill all the other boss's in the dungeon without having to deal with these guys?
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They look like...add ons,only needed for BH so far.
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • FishySmell - Lost City
    FishySmell - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hmmm ok.
    And drops? Anything decent? :D
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hmmm ok.
    And drops? Anything decent? :D

Looks the same as old BH boss.

By the way I think its the most stupid boss ever,like no class aside from barb can approach him without getting 1-shotted,regardless of equip or aps(tried today with a BM at 1.11 aps,1-shot 20k damage),this just utterly stupid.
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ..then boom a jesus grenade of death.b:laugh

b:chuckle
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Looks the same as old BH boss.

By the way I think its the most stupid boss ever,like no class aside from barb can approach him without getting 1-shotted,regardless of equip or aps(tried today with a BM at 1.11 aps,1-shot 20k damage),this just utterly stupid.

Had an APS geared barb with 11k HP in squad, he got his HP dropped to nearly nothing left 2 times, he even was using Invoke the 2nd time and it went right through like butter. 3rd time the Mystic got Salvation out and put the protection buffs on him, along with the Barb doing invoke and as he got to the boss he got killed in 1 hit b:shocked

Oddly enough when I'm doing it on my Barb using the lv95 Morai gears, the bleed does about 250 damage then the boss does a hit for about 3800 damage. I did noticed that all the times where APS ppl were franticly attacking the boss, he would fully regen it's HP, buff itself with increased Magic Attack and increased Physical Defense, and 1 hit about everyone. He only tick my charm on Barb so really there's a big mystery still on that boss.