Archers and Bloodpaint

Options

Comments

• Sltryder - Lost City
    Sltryder - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Easy fix

Claws/fist/poleblade BM only useable (like daggers/spheres)
    swords BM/Seeker only
    poelaxe/polehammer/axes/hammers Barb/BM only

Daggers/spheres already class only

xbow/sling shot already acher only so might as well make bow archer only.

make allmagic weapons wiz/veno/mstic/cleric only (except sphere)

oh wait. this wouldn't happen
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Don't really care but bp would make soloing a bit easier for not so rich archer's. Veno's have a pet and can solo sht archer can't really solo all that well unless your rich and have really good gear and a lot of hp. Most of the boss mob's can't be stunned or bound so it's not really possible to keep them at a distance to use a bow that forces us to use fist's. Between Wings of Grace, Blessing of the Condor,I guess Winged Shell it's one hit but can help with that charm tick, Demon spark, Crab meat, Charm, and Genie skill's soloing some boss's isn't all that bad though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Don't really care but bp would make soloing a bit easier for not so rich archer's. Veno's have a pet and can solo sht archer can't really solo all that well unless your rich and have really good gear and a lot of hp. Most of the boss mob's can't be stunned or bound so it's not really possible to keep them at a distance to use a bow that forces us to use fist's. Between Wings of Grace, Blessing of the Condor,I guess Winged Shell it's one hit but can help with that charm tick, Demon spark, Crab meat, Charm, and Genie skill's soloing some boss's isn't all that bad though.

Or.... you could make a sin account stash 99% of your gear and buy it r8 for the chest and daggers (until you can afford nirvana). And be able to solo it more effectively. :P
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    on one hand, I dont think that people should be forced to change class to farm

on the other hand, I think that asking for bp to make farm easier/cheaper on archer is greedy/unfair, especially considering that archer&sins share the same gear. it's not like you have to buy a whole new set that would also be unusable on your main (kk, I could use the ornies on psy)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Or.... you could make a sin account stash 99% of your gear and buy it r8 for the chest and daggers (until you can afford nirvana). And be able to solo it more effectively. :P

Yeah, wonderful idea, buy around like... 7.8k rep badges for 13-15k (forgot the price) each. Just for rank 8 rep alone.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Yeah because the game is in desperate need of more sins.

Personally I think BP doesn't belong in the game at all. If you need heals bring a damn cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah because the game is in desperate need of more sins.

Personally I think BP doesn't belong in the game at all. If you need heals bring a damn cleric.

I love how a goon glitch abuser QQs about BP
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    BP is pretty OP for 5.0 APS users, I'm sure someone has stated that here in this thread already though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    BP is pretty OP for 5.0 APS users, I'm sure someone has stated that here in this thread already though.

Wrong, that's perma-sparking, let's say the person with 5.0 have 10k HP, 20% of that is healed every 15 seconds, that's 2k HP every 15 seconds, BP adds up but still, people don't even need BP because demonic / sage spark is broken enough, look at cash cow claw archers that actually solos too!
    Chi / spark should not have been in this game because it makes PVE ridiculously easy even if you're not a 5.0 toon. It was a dumb idea for the devs to even think of this chi BS.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Mkay lets make BP available for everyone, but drop it to 1% and 2% respectively. Commence QQ ...... NOW -
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited April 2012
    Options
    or.... maybe they can just go back to before aps and tideborns were released. hell let's go before you could buy 2 win with anniversary packs. if people are going to complain about not having bp for a potential aps class. what about casters? this games already made easy mode. just run things with friends factions or w/e. I'm tired of reading QQ thread after QQ thread. play the damn game and shut up. its FREEEEEEEE you don't have to pay or play it. either adapt to it or shut up. and who cares if there are more sins if it is purely for farming why does it matter at this point. almost everyone and their mother has one. its not like I'm saying quit your archer and roll a sin. I'm saying for little extra cost you cam just gear share for a sin for farming purposes only. its what I did with my sin. its got my old gear and I got rank gear for myself. or hell you can be intelligent watch the market and make tons merchanting buy/sell catshopping without having to do a damn thing like tons of others to make your money....../end rant
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Wrong, that's perma-sparking, let's say the person with 5.0 have 10k HP, 20% of that is healed every 15 seconds, that's 2k HP every 15 seconds, BP adds up but still, people don't even need BP because demonic / sage spark is broken enough, look at cash cow claw archers that actually solos too!
    Chi / spark should not have been in this game because it makes PVE ridiculously easy even if you're not a 5.0 toon. It was a dumb idea for the devs to even think of this chi BS.

Wrong? 2k every 15 seconds... my sin on HF heals 2.5k IN ONE HIT...... yeah def perma sparking that's the problem here.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• HunterRich - Heavens Tear
    HunterRich - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Easy fix

swords BM/Seeker only

that would be easy but probably cause just as much QQ as archers not able to get BP. its pretty clear the mechanics are in the game as Sin's, BM's and Barb's can weild a bow while having BP on them and BP doesnt trigger. think of all the powerleveling QQ that would happen if these classes couldnt use a bow anymore when doing FF. since BP doesnt trigger for them when using a bow its pretty clear if the Dev's gave a **** about the game anymore they could make that simple change apply to the Archer too. as much as i would like to have it at times on my archer, ive just learned to adapt and joined the level a sin for farming just like almost everyone else has done. BP problem cured once the sin hits 100 as my archers gear with get stashed to the sin.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    who cares if there are more sins if it is purely for farming why does it matter at this point. almost everyone and their mother has one. its not like I'm saying quit your archer and roll a sin.

I quit my sin and rolled a veno and have never looked back. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    that would be easy but probably cause just as much QQ as archers not able to get BP. its pretty clear the mechanics are in the game as Sin's, BM's and Barb's can weild a bow while having BP on them and BP doesnt trigger. think of all the powerleveling QQ that would happen if these classes couldnt use a bow anymore when doing FF. since BP doesnt trigger for them when using a bow its pretty clear if the Dev's gave a **** about the game anymore they could make that simple change apply to the Archer too. as much as i would like to have it at times on my archer, ive just learned to adapt and joined the level a sin for farming just like almost everyone else has done. BP problem cured once the sin hits 100 as my archers gear with get stashed to the sin.

problem is that if devs restrict claw and fist to bm only as you said there would be even less barbs and archers.

why becouse even if its its farm class it would show even a bigger gap between sin/bm and rest of classes.

beside if you wish to go so far i will take it even further and say let remove what make ppl make aps toons

wish are by choice

A: bp
    B:perma sparking
    C:interval

aside from bp take out either sparking or interval per hits to say 2.2aps and ppl will
    start to spamm skill again and game will look healty again.

or let make a ever bigger choice and say all skill new as old does 700% more damage
    spamming them as if they was made from sparking and add 3rd sparking on top of it
    that would be like 1400% more damage why sparking and spamming skills
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    problem is that if devs restrict claw and fist to bm only as you said there would be even less barbs and archers.

why becouse even if its its farm class it would show even a bigger gap between sin/bm and rest of classes.

beside if you wish to go so far i will take it even further and say let remove what make ppl make aps toons

wish are by choice

A: bp
    B:perma sparking
    C:interval

aside from bp take out either sparking or interval per hits to say 2.2aps and ppl will
    start to spamm skill again and game will look healty again.

or let make a ever bigger choice and say all skill new as old does 700% more damage
    spamming them as if they was made from sparking and add 3rd sparking on top of it
    that would be like 1400% more damage why sparking and spamming skills

The game balance will never look healthy again, no matter what they do. Taking out BP would start the need for clerics, but the rest of the AAs would be ignored. If they even think about touching perma spark or interval and half the game will quit and they will go under.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Easy fix

swords BM/Seeker only

id rather consider it a different way with the weapon requisite class requirement.

BM: claw/fist, axe/hammer, polearm, sword/blade, bow

Seeker: sword/blade only

Wizard, Mystic, Cleric, Veno: magic weapons

Assassin: daggers, bow

Archers: xbow, slingshot, bow, fist/claw

Psychic: soulsphere

sure i added the bow to the bm and sin, plus added fist/claw to the archer. did ya forget that archers take agro at times with certain builds such as pure dex. same with sins on the pure dex build. since sins and psys have their own weapons class required, same with archers on 2/3 ranged weapons. then wht bout the snowmen during the xmas event where they are mag immune? at least give the caster class a way to compete with the same weapon tht mostly everyone can.

2nd: archers take agro so its alot easier to have archers with fist or claws to reduce their atk dmg. plus also archers dont use mag if anyone reads the text on each of the skills with poison or metal its like the seeker with their metal skills. (inflicts metal dmg equal to base physical dmg). (inflicts base physical dmg with poison dmg). so will you all stop whining bout archers gettin bloodpaint cause the devs wont give it to em end of story. plus archers are ranged DDs, not close combat efficiant and its easy to understand in three words.

Melee VS Caster
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Every class should get BP, just like every class gets the magic attack buff from the cleric.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Every class should get BP, just like every class gets the magic attack buff from the cleric.

but does tht mean tht every class should get bramble from the veno when it doesnt work on caster classes? plus the tanks dont like SOV from the psy on em cause it takes mp away.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Smexerola - Heavens Tear
    Smexerola - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    all because you are ranged you don't get up close often therefore aren't needed to be healed b:chuckle
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Really? So when my DR on my wiz is agroing everything to me in the big frost pull or GV Bramble guard wouldn't help? I know BP wouldn't mean anything since it's a magic attack but it's the principle of the thing. A party buff should be a party buff.
  • deadwieght
    deadwieght Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    only way archers get BP is if PWI made it like the seeker attack/defence skill and put it on only certain types of weapons only. not gonna happen. at any rate any smart archer who wants to use claws can just replace some dex points to str and out DD any Bm of equal refine. or make urself some traceless dimensions with vengence. both options work well, i have no problems farming or finding nirvy squads with +7 deciedes and 90% of the time i tank it unless there is a +10 sin. learn how ur class works. if you wanna cry about archers then cry about the lame Sage Stormrage Eagleon skill that does nothing that the description says it does.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    but does tht mean tht every class should get bramble from the veno when it doesnt work on caster classes? plus the tanks dont like SOV from the psy on em cause it takes mp away.

what do you mean it doesnt work on casters...?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Archers shouldn't have BP. End of. They are one of, if not The Hardest hitting physical damage DDers (With a bow/crossbow/slingshot), they have a huge range to attack from & as someone said earlier on in the thread if you're going to use the archer class in a way its not really meant to be used, don't cry & whinge because you don't get Bloodpaint, if you could heal yourself with bloodpaint, it would be a pitiful amount compared to what sins/BM's can do because they ARE Physical Melee.

Me-lee. [Mey-Ley]

noun.

A confused hand-to-hand fight or struggle among several people.

An Archer Does not fight hand-to-hand, in my opinion the only time an archer should really use claws is to build Chi off of NPC's, beyond that they should use a bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    haha...might as well give archers stone barriers as well, and something like titans to increase phy attk like barb as well as cleric version of 10 min buffs.

i mean honestly having the most range and safe distance highest dmg out-put, high purge on r9 bow, stealth, most anti stun skills and few dmg absorbing skills isn't enough duh. TRLOLOLLOLOL. b:bye

Subscribe this thread to make archer best pvp + pve class today! ZING-
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    hunterspy1 wrote: »
    Why is it Archers are the ONLY Phys Attack class that can not have BP? Surely they should be able to get it... Otherwise Archers have to run and hide behind someone else and hit purely and only from range....

Archers at a Dis Advantage cause they can not self heal ( Without pots / charms ) They can not get BP Like every other Phys attack class, They can not stealth or increase attack / defence, can not boost hp / MP and can not Do anything really except increase evasion.......

Please Allow Archers to Get Blood paint buffs cast on them as well..... As every other Phys class can have BP

Well first off archers can stealth now b:chuckle

Second off arhcers cannot use BP because it would break BP. BP works on all meele skills as well as meele normal attacks. For example a sin auto attacking BP is applied, a sin using Rising Dragon Strike BP is applied, a sin using Throw Dagger (or whatever it's called their 1 ranged skill) BP is applied. If Archers were to be able to get BP all of their skills would heal them because archer's skills are Ranged Meele skills like the sins Dagger Throw and an Archer healing himself from 30m away from a boss is just too OP so get over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • BlindFate - Sanctuary
    BlindFate - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    In group runs BP would be a waste since archers can stay back and DD but they must be careful not to steal aggro from the tank otherwise they are up close and personal with the mob/boss because they're high dex makes them aggro *****'s. Sins have the same problem for the same reason but dose this mean that archers should get blood paint hmmm they are considered a ranged class and blood paint is for a mele class guess archers are just out of luck on that one. Others have mentioned veno's and the mele tree they have now that would be cool to have blood paint as well veno's got nerfed so not as op as they where darn b:chuckle. Now tideborn and earthguard are the op ones maybe yes maybe no. I do think its funny after so many worked so hard and spent so much they went and nerfed the 5.0 apsers now they all have something to qq about instead of qqing about stuff they can't get. As for the earthguard seekers too bad they seem to be good for only one skill any more and that seems to be vortex as an off tank like the BM's they work pretty good but vortex is they're best mob kill skill. I have a sin but he's not a 5.0 or a 4.0 aps nor is his gear all that impressive but that dosen't keep me from playing him nor dose that keep me out of party's. Of course when they get around to introducing another race should be interesting to see how long it is before people start qqing about those classes b:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Stormrage Eagleon doesn't do anything period. It needs to be not countered by Holy Path.

Also, I think most people just want BP to work with melee attacks on any class. Purely a PvE thing, but like I said, it wouldn't be OP even if it worked with magic attacks in PvP.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Stormrage is the best skill EVER! /especially sage version which doesn't do what its supposed to :O.
    /end sarcasim
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If Demon Stormrage wasn't countered by Holy Path, you could stack that with other archers and make someone run in place for 15s. Sure it would cost like 4 sparks between 2 archers to completely immobilize someone, but it would at least be a novelty that is not countered by anti stun buffs.

You can do the same with Sage Stormrage for 30s, but the slow is less so you'd need more archers.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty