Archers and Bloodpaint

Options
hunterspy1
hunterspy1 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Why is it Archers are the ONLY Phys Attack class that can not have BP? Surely they should be able to get it... Otherwise Archers have to run and hide behind someone else and hit purely and only from range....

Archers at a Dis Advantage cause they can not self heal ( Without pots / charms ) They can not get BP Like every other Phys attack class, They can not stealth or increase attack / defence, can not boost hp / MP and can not Do anything really except increase evasion.......

Please Allow Archers to Get Blood paint buffs cast on them as well..... As every other Phys class can have BP
Post edited by hunterspy1 on

Comments

• Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    hunterspy1 wrote: »
    Why is it Archers are the ONLY Phys Attack class that can not have BP? Surely they should be able to get it... Otherwise Archers have to run and hide behind someone else and hit purely and only from range....

Archers at a Dis Advantage cause they can not self heal ( Without pots / charms ) They can not get BP Like every other Phys attack class, They can not stealth or increase attack / defence, can not boost hp / MP and can not Do anything really except increase evasion.......

Please Allow Archers to Get Blood paint buffs cast on them as well..... As every other Phys class can have BP

because blood paint only works for melee attack and a archer isnt really meant to use melee attacks b:surrender

if any class should be added to the list that could use it, it would be venos since they actually have a whole skill tree for melee based attacks b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Why is it Archers are the ONLY Phys Attack class that can not have BP?

They're ranged attackers. They dont need to heal themselves while attacking from a safe distance.
    Surely they should be able to get it... Otherwise Archers have to run and hide behind someone else and hit purely and only from range....

Thats the point of an Archer. You're not supposed to be on the front lines.
    They can not stealth or increase attack / defence, can not boost hp / MP and can not Do anything really except increase evasion.......

There's a skill from Morai that gives them stealth.
    Their self-buffs arent exceptional, but its a price to pay for having long-ranged attacks/immobilizes and a high crit-rate.

So...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    your ranged physical dd class

BP is melee physical

if you wana go aps dont qq about bp as your not meant to be melee and bp is melee
    and a **** skill
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Take a number and have a seat, venos get first dibs.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

You're an idiot, roll a class that heals from BP instead of a clawcher and problem is solved.

Oh and archer's spark heal HP too which is a self heal... Idiot....
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The people who run the game want the best TW classes to be weak at pve money making so they will have to cash shop. Frankie Raye needs to eat too. So wizzie, psy and archer will never have the money making ability that sins and bms have. And sins and bms will never be top TW classes.

Look at everything about the game, its all about making coin making and TW ability sum to a constant.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I also think that Archers should be able to get Blood Paint.

The reason I think that Archers are unable to use it is because Bp came out with the Rising Tide expansion and during that time there were 4 Physical melee users (not counting veno)
    and I think that the creators thought that Archers were more of a long range skill users than an up front attacker. So my theory is that they thought it not be necessary for archers to have it since they are like magic dd.

Now people may complain that seekers have long range skills but seekers need to have bp.
    They're tanks after all. And seekers have more close range skills, making them a good candidate for Bp use.

I still think that Archers deserve bp since they have Barrage and with BP heals in exp room, they might even be able to tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I also think that Archers should be able to get Blood Paint.

The reason I think that Archers are unable to use it is because Bp came out with the Rising Tide expansion and during that time there were 4 Physical melee users (not counting veno)
    and I think that the creators thought that Archers were more of a long range skill users than an up front attacker. So my theory is that they thought it not be necessary for archers to have it since they are like magic dd.

Now people may complain that seekers have long range skills but seekers need to have bp.
    They're tanks after all. And seekers have more close range skills, making them a good candidate for Bp use.

I still think that Archers deserve bp since they have Barrage and with BP heals in exp room, they might even be able to tank.

LOL, before the genesis you count 4 melee users... BM, that's one. Assassin, that's two, Barb, that's three... Which class is the fourth that's doing physical MELEE if it is not veno? Certainly it is not archers because 1 **** melee skill and an AOE melee knockback do not count as a melee character and of course not no stupid claws on them would count either. Is that psy? Trolololololol.

Why not let everyone get BP? But it would only effect on melee range of every attack, it will not work from a distance (that goes for melee classes too)... A much better idea.
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Geez I meant physical attack players rudeness b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Geez I meant physical attack players rudeness b:shutup

Then that is 5... Why not make it work for every class for every kind of attack at long as it is 5 meters range or less?
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Then that is 5... Why not make it work for every class for every kind of attack at long as it is 5 meters range or less?

This is what I was talking about

BM

ASSASSIN

BARB

&

ARCHER

and I said not including Veno

b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • God_Exiler - Sanctuary
    God_Exiler - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Why not let everyone get BP? But it would only effect on melee range of every attack, it will not work from a distance (that goes for melee classes too)... A much better idea.

^This look at wiz for example. Our only buff skill (Frost Blade) is a melee water-enhancement skill yet we can give it to everyone including ourselves.
    No
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    venos have melee mastery, a full tree of melee only attacks, physical atttack bonus on rank weapon that is only useable at melee range. BP for all melee classes, veno is a melee class, do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^This look at wiz for example. Our only buff skill (Frost Blade) is a melee water-enhancement skill yet we can give it to everyone including ourselves.

Dont even get me started on wiz buff b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No... BM, Wiz (think DB wise!), Archer, Cleric (Ooooh look, siren's kiss is more useful!), Barb, Veno (they are designed as melee more than archers fool), assassin, psychic, seeker, mystic.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Archers have 2 trees out of 5 designed to work with non-ranged weapons. That suggests archers were originally meant to at least occasionally use melee weapons. Otherwise the developers would have just put a bow requirement on every single skill like you see for barbs.

But that was the original developers' intention. The RT expansion's developers were too high on drugs as they were busy churning out the worst expansion the game has ever seen. Thats why you have a fail fish class with a lame racist buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No... BM, Wiz (think DB wise!), Archer, Cleric (Ooooh look, siren's kiss is more useful!), Barb, Veno (they are designed as melee more than archers fool), assassin, psychic, seeker, mystic.

If you mean that all classes should have Bp then I think that would be kinda over doing it b:shocked

In TW a wiz can fully heal themselves with 1 hit b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you mean that all classes should have Bp then I think that would be kinda over doing it b:shocked

In TW a wiz can fully heal themselves with 1 hit b:chuckle

BP only works with melee attacks. the same attacks that trigger bramble damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    BP only works with melee attacks. the same attacks that trigger bramble damage.

I don't think you understood what I meant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xyara - Harshlands
    Xyara - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Really, they can stealth now.... its called Ataraxia b:surrender b:surrender b:surrender
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't think you understood what I meant

BP only works on melee attacks, as in, running up to something and smacking it with your weapon. I have yet to meet a wizard who can hit that hard with a melee attack. b:laugh
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    BP only works on melee attacks, as in, running up to something and smacking it with your weapon. I have yet to meet a wizard who can hit that hard with a melee attack. b:laugh

You also don't understand -_-

I was addressing mm2000's post

'' No... BM, Wiz (think DB wise!), Archer, Cleric (Ooooh look, siren's kiss is more useful!), Barb, Veno (they are designed as melee more than archers fool), assassin, psychic, seeker, mystic.''

Which I think he meant as a ''what if all classes get bp'' scenario.
    So I reply with

''If you mean that all classes should have Bp then I think that would be kinda over doing it b:shocked
    In TW a wiz can fully heal themselves with 1 hit b:chuckle''
    I'm describing how OP a wiz would be in TW

I know how bp works lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I like how someone only has to mention BP for archers for some people here to get worked up. I think you're all just insecure, because you suck at your class and are afraid another class getting something would make you even more worthless.

I'm not saying I agree that archers should get BP, but at least present your arguments without making yourselves look desperate seriously.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I do think BP buff onto all classes but only work with melee attacks. I know some LA venos who would just love having BP.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I recall from old players that the first week that tideborn was introduced, archers got bp as well. It was quickly fixed needless to say, and ever since archers have been bp less. Olden days are truly epic days.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah we need r9 archers gaining health while boa-ing in tw.b:bye
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If its too much for you to handle then how about pve only bp? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    They're ranged attackers. They dont need to heal themselves while attacking from a safe distance.

Archers are not really ranged attackers. TW tab attacking aside, in most situations the archer is fighting at close quarters. In rpk there are few skills to keep pkers at range (knockbacks dont work). In rpk an archer is only at range for a few seconds after stuns and freezes wear off.

In pvp not even the stuns work on bosses, so archers MUST fight at close quarters unless they are part of a (becoming rarer) rainbow squad. This is also true on any mobs that cannot be killed fairly quickly.

Archers CAN (like any class) fight at range, but most of the time they do not. (Exceptions: TW pretend pk and rainbow boss squads). This is why archers were provided with mellee attack skills, specifically designed for close quarter combat. Let me quote that:

"mellee attack skills, specifically designed for close quarter combat."

My view: all classes should get the buff. Only usable with mellee attacks.
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The biggest reason I think bp should be all-class is because that would go along with the game's original, exceptional design. The main thing that drew me to this game was the fact that you could really do just about anything with any class (except learn another class's skills), without running into any class limitations. This made the game really open to customization. If someone wanted the challenge, they could make a HA sword archer, or a robe barb, or a high-dex bow wielding mage if they wanted. This was always a core value of the game that made it great.
    Class-restricted party buffs however, go against that principle. That is why I think bp should be an all-class, melee buff.

Similarly, while I understand why they chose to do it, I don't think that seekers should be restricted to swords.
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I like how someone only has to mention BP for archers for some people here to get worked up. I think you're all just insecure, because you suck at your class and are afraid another class getting something would make you even more worthless.

I'm not saying I agree that archers should get BP, but at least present your arguments without making yourselves look desperate seriously.

I Lol'ed at this, BP isn't a broken buff IJS. My melee classes can get BP but I do fine without it, my 6x barb can tank 3 bosses at the same time in BH51 without BP. It is obvious people with huge attack power (or should I say broken) to have BP. I think it is you that don't know how to play your class for QQing about "not" being able to heal on a physical class. You agree with this whiner and I don't know if you quit your archer because archers "hide behind someone else and hit purely and only from range" This whiner doesn't even know about fire arrow... Shows how fail he / she is and BP will not make that noob fail less.

^ This is an example of a fail clawcher that should have just rolled a class that benefits BP.