Archers and Bloodpaint

Options

Comments

• Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Oh yeah give bp to aps venos aswell.. so soon we ll be able to see aps wizzes with bp on too :p
    Stop QQ that your claw archer can't get profit from bp..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Myrakou - Sanctuary
    Myrakou - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Roll a sin, stash archer gears, voila you got your own bloodpaint.
    But I guess that doesn't work because people are cheapskates and 5.0 sin costs way more than 5.0 archer. b:chuckle

I really don't think archers needs bp. There's more effective classes for melee aps'ing and I rather see a pure dex archer wreck havoc from far away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Roll a sin, stash archer gears, voila you got your own bloodpaint.
    But I guess that doesn't work because people are cheapskates and 5.0 sin costs way more than 5.0 archer. b:chuckle

I really don't think archers needs bp. There's more effective classes for melee aps'ing and I rather see a pure dex archer wreck havoc from far away.

Do you REALLY think we haven't all rolled sins?

That is precisely the problem.
  • Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    oh man. More archers that QQ are just so funny. You have the longest range in game, high crit, ranged auto attack, damage reduction skills AND now you have skills to blink and go stealth

now you guy want bp b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    QQQQQQ I want this I want that, roll a BM, most archers are BM wannabees anyway, I don`t have any problem on my archer, mobs die from max 3 hits, long range, insane attack, dmg reduction, evasion, etc.
    It is far less weaker if you compare to a sin solo - wise and dmg -wise, but nonetheless archers are still epic if you know how to play 1.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Give BP to seekers too! Oh wait...
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

That is precisely the problem.

i have neither sin nor apsing on my toons

so really fail more b:bye
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Archers should not get bp and be able farme easy with claw/fist.
    If anything it should only work with bow and maybe only in pve, and not with boa.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Myrakou - Sanctuary
    Myrakou - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

And your problem is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurdBurglar - Harshlands
    TurdBurglar - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    just look at my title lol :P
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Venos should get BP since they have a complete melee tree.

Archers could use a HP buff on Demon Serrated Arrow b:laugh 40HP every 3 seconds [200HP total] heals for nothing. Tack on an extra 0 and make it 400HP [2000HP total]

But unfortunately, devs pretty much gave up on PWi, so you shouldn't expect any updates on old skills.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    the only reason ppl want bp is so they can use claws wish is not gona work.

even if the devs fix is fail the devs alredy are making aps less effective or did all forget the nerf aps have gotten so far.

fail but its still a nerf ( at 5aps it gets a 5% damage reduction and a 20% miss )

lets see what other nerf aps will get to next expansion shall we

b:bye aps is dying get over it alredy

no aps no bp
  • Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear
    Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The way the game is designed(physical attack is not split between ranged, and melee) its easier to just disable BP on some of the classes altough
    i think it would still make sens if archer could get blood paint to work with ONLY and ONLY these skills Winged Pledge and Wingspan (which i consider to be melee)and would not trigger with auto attack
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Archers should not get bp and be able farme easy with claw/fist.
    If anything it should only work with bow and maybe only in pve, and not with boa.

Sure any aps archer could be able to farm easy with fist/claw
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Archer's will never get bloodpaint for sure since they are ranged class, with high,crit dmg with high magic attack skills , think that are enough for Archer, sorry no b.p for u guys !b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The way the game is designed(physical attack is not split between ranged, and melee) its easier to just disable BP on some of the classes altough
    i think it would still make sens if archer could get blood paint to work with ONLY and ONLY these skills Winged Pledge and Wingspan (which i consider to be melee)and would not trigger with auto attack

BP doesn't work on sins when they use bows already, so that's not an excuse.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Yeah those are both actually true melee skills since they trigger bramble damage. If there is ever a way to get bloodpaint on an archer those are the only two skills I expect would receive benefit.

Of course that's more skills than are benefited by cleric's Spirit's Gift buff (which is all-class). Again archers were always intended to occasionally use melee weapons which is why 2 out 5 skill branches have no bow requirement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah those are both actually true melee skills since they trigger bramble damage. If there is ever a way to get bloodpaint on an archer those are the only two skills I expect would receive benefit.

Of course that's more skills than are benefited by cleric's Spirit's Gift buff (which is all-class). Again archers were always intended to occasionally use melee weapons which is why 2 out 5 skill branches have no bow requirement.

you have 2 skills that are melee and need a bow, just because there is no requirement for a bow doesn't mean it dictates claws/fists automatically.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i only read the first page so if this was already said ... oh well....but archers are meant to be GLASS CANNONS....extremely powerful attacks from far away...but still squishy...theyre the phys version of wizards pretty much lol....and like i saw a couple people say...if ur upset u cant use bp when switching to claws...well too damn bad...its freakin sad that ALMOST every damn class NOWADAYS....think throwing out the skill book on learning ur class and being good at it, in favor to just melee claw/fist with fastest aps....look i understand BMs always had that option...but didnt really go that route until the damn fish came out and showed the benefits of quick aps....but it doesnt mean lets forget about wat each class is good at and switch to aps/claw build.....im talkin to barbs and archers mainly lol...archers with fists/claws is meant to be a backup weapon to close targets....not ur primary goal lol....

Dont even get me started on seekers that try to go -int cuz that just hurts my brain....lets take a class built for powerful skill spamming....and make it just norm attack over and over..... arrrrgggggg

if u wanna just norm attack at a high rate aps...roll a sin or bm.....if not use ur class how its meant to....

and yes i know its all in the fun of it and everyone can play how they want, and whats fun for them.....but dont be shocked if u join a squad and are expected to do a certain task, then get yelled at or booted cuz instead ur just up on the mobs/boss with ur claws goin to town with the sins lol.

The whole APS craze just pisses me off a lil extra than most im sorry cuz bout 2-3 yrs ago i had my bm axe/fist build and was 2.86aps (considered pretty damn fast considering it was before sins came out) and everyone thought i was dumb using weak lil fists, no matter "how fast" i attacked....this was back when 95% of BMs were full axe builds.....and now every damn bm..not to mention just about EVERYOTHER class is going for that SAME THING..i used to get LAUGHED at for doing LMAO.

BUt either way bottom line i guess everyone play ur class how u want and who cares if its the "right" thing to do or not....cuz ivce just accepted that everyone just want fast aps no matter what they sacrifice....like barbs wearing LA gear....etc.

And last but not least on my aps rant lol. If ur 4.0-5.0APS and ur in pvp or doin a 1v1. Quit talkin ur smack when the person ur fighting kites u or runs in between attacks....ONE thats what stuns and stun locks are for...and MOST IMPORTANTLY opponents who do that are not "pu ssy noobs who run away" u damn aps wh0res that actually USE that excuse are the noobs if u ACTUALLY think imma just stand still and let u smash on me at 5.0aps.....if u only know how to normal attack at fast speeds....learn to stun lock so ur opponent is stuck takin it...but until then quit whining u gotta chase ur opponent around cuz no decent player is gonna stand there and just take it LOL
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Its a pretty simple concept, BP is for Melee class ...
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    "Dont even get me started on seekers that try to go -int cuz that just hurts my brain....lets take a class built for powerful skill spamming....and make it just norm attack over and over..... arrrrgggggg"

Actually spamming skills is kinda lame and plus u wil ldo more dmg normal attacking..just debuff and rock on..dumb ***
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Mystic's Absorb Soul, Cleric's Plume Shot, Wizard's Blade Tempest -don't work either. I'm sure this was a major oversight on the devs. *sarcasm*
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    don't forget clerics razor feathers!
    trolololol...

Yes lets give one of the most versatile and one of the biggest threats in PvP the ability to heal themselves by "blood sucking from ranged".

Hmm Sage BP of 3% heals from attacks..

Average attack dealing 7-15k a pop... 200-450 hp back an attack... (not figuring in AoEs) ya..... noty.
    "Dont even get me started on seekers that try to go -int cuz that just hurts my brain....lets take a class built for powerful skill spamming....and make it just norm attack over and over..... arrrrgggggg"

Actually spamming skills is kinda lame and plus u wil ldo more dmg normal attacking..just debuff and rock on..dumb ***

I don't know about you... but I'm more afraid of a zerk crit from Gemini then just regular swings.... lol
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^

I'm going to assume you are talking about PvP because 7k-15k is something I hit with an unrefined morai slingshot in PvE.

I don't think it would actually matter if even ranged classes got BP because it would be stupidly redundant.

If no one is hitting you, you don't need the heal, if you are getting attacked, your heal would be too little to do anything. When R9s are hitting you for chunks of your hp, your little healing at 1 pop per second from each attack is not going to do jack ****. Least of all if you're not stunned, you would just move out of range instead of trying to steal your life back. Yes I'm sure if you're R9 with JOSD and you are facing down an army of TT90s, you could sit there and lifesteal through it all, but like I said, that's redundant because you're barely taking damage anyway. In this game, even a fully geared character can go from full hp to 0 hp in mere seconds, that is why a lifesteal isn't going to do anything in PvP.

Even if you are barraging and getting thousands of hp per wave, you better be immune or you're going to eat a stun/seal/interrupt anyway. The heal is either redundant or useless in every PvP situation I can think of.

That is...unless you're clawing someone for luls, and they are clawing back for luls, and you have the same weapons, (so it's not like you're clawing a BM for 1/2 as much as he's clawing back) and for some reason neither of you think to stun or move, and you have BP but your opponent doesn't...well yes, you would prevail.

Just thought we should clear that up b4 any further discussion. This should be all about PvE. Also, obviously OIdPop was talking about PvE too.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    lol ya i sure as hell hope so, and to clear it up i was talking about PvP.... but either way if u really wanna start an argument OIdPop about skill spamming is lame compared to mindlessly auto attacking....

first off by skill spamming im talking bout finding good combos involving certain skills after another as fast as u can cast them off and finding what works best against each class at certain times of the battle....aka learning ur char and developing actual pvp skill.....not just mashing random skills and praying for a win....(cuz that HAS to be what u thought i meant for u to actually say what u said LMAO)

but then again....the aps craze has definatly turned alot of players into mindless believers of throwing any skill and talent out the window for the ever so complicated combo of...norm atack...norm atack....norm atck....norm atck.....looki everyone i norm atck super fast....im pro.....
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    hunterspy1 wrote: »
    Why is it Archers are the ONLY Phys Attack class that can not have BP?

Venomancers have a whole skill tree with melee skills yet they can't get BloodPaint.

I won't add anything else since it has been covered pretty much.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Venomancers have a whole skill tree with melee skills yet they can't get BloodPaint.

This.

PWI devs are stupid and lame.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    They should just make it castable on anyone like Frostblade, but only trigger with melee attacks.

However, there is no point QQing about it. They won't bother putting the work into changing something like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    *facepalm* IDK who comes up with these ideas that seekers doing skill spam or APS is a dumb idea.... All I have to say is learn how to play your seekers people...
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^

I'm going to assume you are talking about PvP because 7k-15k is something I hit with an unrefined morai slingshot in PvE.

I don't think it would actually matter if even ranged classes got BP because it would be stupidly redundant.

If no one is hitting you, you don't need the heal, if you are getting attacked, your heal would be too little to do anything. When R9s are hitting you for chunks of your hp, your little healing at 1 pop per second from each attack is not going to do jack ****. Least of all if you're not stunned, you would just move out of range instead of trying to steal your life back. Yes I'm sure if you're R9 with JOSD and you are facing down an army of TT90s, you could sit there and lifesteal through it all, but like I said, that's redundant because you're barely taking damage anyway. In this game, even a fully geared character can go from full hp to 0 hp in mere seconds, that is why a lifesteal isn't going to do anything in PvP.

Even if you are barraging and getting thousands of hp per wave, you better be immune or you're going to eat a stun/seal/interrupt anyway. The heal is either redundant or useless in every PvP situation I can think of.

That is...unless you're clawing someone for luls, and they are clawing back for luls, and you have the same weapons, (so it's not like you're clawing a BM for 1/2 as much as he's clawing back) and for some reason neither of you think to stun or move, and you have BP but your opponent doesn't...well yes, you would prevail.

Just thought we should clear that up b4 any further discussion. This should be all about PvE. Also, obviously OIdPop was talking about PvE too.

Yes I was referring to PvP :P
    Basically yes I was saying it would be stupid and a waste considering the gain vs loss ratio. Unless you're steamrolling seriously undergeared players which you shouldn't have an issue with just crabbing...
    lol ya i sure as hell hope so, and to clear it up i was talking about PvP.... but either way if u really wanna start an argument OIdPop about skill spamming is lame compared to mindlessly auto attacking....

first off by skill spamming im talking bout finding good combos involving certain skills after another as fast as u can cast them off and finding what works best against each class at certain times of the battle....aka learning ur char and developing actual pvp skill.....not just mashing random skills and praying for a win....(cuz that HAS to be what u thought i meant for u to actually say what u said LMAO)

but then again....the aps craze has definatly turned alot of players into mindless believers of throwing any skill and talent out the window for the ever so complicated combo of...norm atack...norm atack....norm atck....norm atck.....looki everyone i norm atck super fast....im pro.....
    ^ This. I like to have fun 1v1s with this r9 Seeker (which with their buffs and josd etc are a pain to try and take down without purging). The regular auto attacks barely do any serious damage even with zerk crits. Where his zerk crit gemini can almost 1 shot me. As well as other skill combos can do some nasty damage.

^ This. Also I think they should make a custom Cultivation quest JUST for veno's because since they can go melee or caster... they don't get a channel or interval bonus from demon sparking. (I think the physical vs magical damage bonus ratio is different though from sage and demon.. which is also a lot higher than other classes Sage giving 900%magic 500%physical and Demon giving 700%magic 650%physical? )

Maybe reduce the weapon damage they get and give them the option for interval or casting bonus? (Even though venos cast ridiculously fast anyways) I dunno.. that with BP would make more players enjoy the nerfed veno class? Or maybe I'm just thinking aloud..
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute