FC Glitch Update

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    it either constitutes cruel and unusual punishment or public record. b:chuckle

Which is exactly why state's are being sued for maintaning lists of sex offenders' addresses as public records and as I said the cases are on the docket for the supreme court, they are waiting I'm sure for a few more liberal judges to be appointed since it's conservative controlled now and those cases would be thrown out.

Such things are conflicting issue of public safety and privacy to be sure and somewhat off topic but the other guy brought it up first.

I think sex offenders should just be castrated, but hey I'm a cruel person
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    How did you even get to sex offenders from all of this? b:question Anyway, since this is irrelevant to the topic, and falls under discussion of politics or sensitive/inappropriate discussions on the forums, I'll have to ask you to stop... But feel free to resume it in PMs if you feel you have unfinished business to discuss. b:thanks
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    How did you even get to sex offenders from all of this? b:question

LOL, christ this threads been everywhere, next stop the Mexican boarder and how it relates to this topic.
  • eviltwin48415
    eviltwin48415 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Which is exactly why state's are being sued for maintaning lists of sex offenders' addresses as public records and as I said the cases are on the docket for the supreme court, they are waiting I'm sure for a few more liberal judges to be appointed since it's conservative controlled now and those cases would be thrown out.

Such things are conflicting issue of public safety and privacy to be sure and somewhat off topic but the other guy brought it up first.

I think sex offenders should just be castrated, but hey I'm a cruel person

There is no place for US political discussions entering this thread... No Progressives nor Conservatives had say in the way this Goonz hot-mess was handled.

If you wish to carry on a political thread, I suggest making one and watch it sink to the LD like it belongs. Better yet, go vote and use your opinion come November. The rest of us don't care to hear your political opinions at this time so thanks and buh bye. b:bye

Damn ninja Mods!
  • Canis_Regis - Raging Tide
    Canis_Regis - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for pushing me to play another company's games ;)
    edited April 2012
    How did you even get to sex offenders from all of this? b:question Anyway, since this is irrelevant to the topic, and falls under discussion of politics or sensitive/inappropriate discussions on the forums, I'll have to ask you to stop... But feel free to resume it in PMs if you feel you have unfinished business to discuss. b:thanks

MrFortySeven of Harshlands brought it up as an example of why naming and shaming should be allowed, I was simply countering his arguement with the legal issues it entails. And as I did note it was getting off topic and I tried to bring it back to relevance with limited success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • g3r3nny
    g3r3nny Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    7 days for 105? BRING IT BACK! I will play this game again just to glitch to 105 and get banned for 7 days...b:victory

really sorry for disturbing .. I know my English is not understood too much and I apologize for that ...

4 months I've been texting customerservice@perfectworld.com that my account was banned .. I do not answer my last ticket takes 9 days unanswered .. of truth as I can do to clarify this misunderstanding .. treat me like no matter myself or what I feel .. I feel ignored and I also feel outraged by what is happening .. I could be help? I can not stand this .. and not to do so they can understand ....

att: manuel faria.
    archer 102 Firexplocion

Pleace hel me!.. T_T
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Using any method of highlighting an indivual's failure's, wrong doings, or embarssing moments whether using real names, aliases or afliated parties constitutes a form a public humiliation which constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm paraphrasing the law to make it easier for you to understand.

I'm sure things like that may exist in certain jurisdictions in regard to the 'real life' side of things as I was previously referencing (sex offender lists, people on parole, etc...) but again you yourself said "Glitchers abused a rule not a law there is a huge difference and it's sad that you can't understand that." //offtopic I obviously understand that, it was a reference.// Back to the actual topic at hand though, again this is a game in which has nothing to do with 'murder' 'sex offenders' 'who lives on my street and are they a sex offender or on parole' etc... I was able to locate info that certain jurisdictions where PWE has servers located that may prevent them from using the account holders real name (the same type of jurisdiction that would prohibit a grocery store from posting photographs of shoplifters on their walls). So I guess my question to you is do YOU know the difference??? I ask merely because I was not able to find any law in any jurisdiction in which PWE operates that would prohibit them from making a list as I said. There would be nothing wrong with having a page that contained info to the likes of "MrFortySeven - PK in SP - 2nd offense - 14 days".

If you know of the specific law and the jurisdiction it comes from I would appreciate a link so I could see that for myself :) Until I see otherwise, whether I locate any such info on my own, or whether that information is provided for me I am going to hold it in the regard that there is and would be nothing illegal about it... Also, seeing as this IS just a video game i highly doubt the character name would fall under the legal definition of "alias's" like it appears you're thinking it would. Alias would be more of a thing like a gang-banger who goes by the "street name" G-Dog.

So pretty safe to say, until proven otherwise, PWE could create a list for whatever they want using player character names. Rankings (which they already have), or a list of violators. They CHOSE not to =\ which further adds to the conspiracy that they do have favoritism toward the 'cash shoppers' :(

You had also mentioned that a person WILL get banned if they PK in SP and does get reported. I can also vouch that this is untrue. I got killed by someone in SP once, I took a SS and submitted a ticket immediately (as I always do). Well come to find out this person spoke really crappy English, but we ended up having a decent conversation despite it. In the end the asked me not to report them because they didn't even know it was 'illegal' to PK in SP. I kindly explained to them how I had already submitted it though and it was now 'in the hands of PW". Long story short I put this person on my FL and we actually became "IG 'friends'". Well I can safely say, even though I had reported them. THEY NEVER GOT BANNED. So please don't insist that anyone at PWE does their job when it's been proven to me over and over again that THEY DON'T =\
    edited April 2012

Sorry Shelly I was writing up that last long post of mine and didn't see this. I will stop talking about it if you desire but it really does have to do with the situation if you just read back a few pages you'll see why/how.

Because ZoracGallant from Raging Tide said that it would actually be illegal for PWE to make a list of its games offenders. When I insist (if it truly is not [illegal] as I believe) it would show that PWE does what they're supposed to [by banning people when they're supposed to, and not showing favoritism to cash shoppers])
    edited April 2012
    Read the United States Bill of Rights or for that mater any State's Bill of Rights

Yes I could tell you the specific section and subsection I paraphrased before, but I don't feel like it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    Read the United States Bill of Rights or for that mater any State's Bill of Rights

Yes I could tell you the specific section and subsection I paraphrased before, but I don't feel like it

You're still wrong, now YOU'RE the one confusing this GAME for REAL LIFE.

PWE owns the game and the servers it runs on. They own the character names and the characters themselves. To say "MrFortySeven - PK in SP - 2nd offense - 14 days" would not be breaking ANY real life laws. Now who doesn't know the difference between RL and IG

By your theory I had better not PK anyone, because then I may be put on trial for murder =\

{...And if you cannot name the specific statute that it would be violating then it clearly doesn't exist}
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    At this point I may as well log 20 clients -- set 10 of them to bot, 2 to PK in SP, 2 to PK in CUBE room-1, 4 to vendor/catshop, and 2 to spam racist comments in world chat.

Don't forget to make sure you do INI editing on all 20 of those characters. b:cute

-removed-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Don't forget to make sure you do INI editing on all 20 of those characters. b:cute

Not to mention the ones doing the PK in SP and CUBE will be PKing via a BOT b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    You're still wrong, now YOU'RE the one confusing this GAME for REAL LIFE.

PWE owns the game and the servers it runs on. They own the character names and the characters themselves. To say "MrFortySeven - PK in SP - 2nd offense - 14 days" would not be breaking ANY real life laws. Now who doesn't know the difference between RL and IG

By your theory I had better not PK anyone, because then I may be put on trial for murder =\

{...And if you cannot name the specific statute that it would be violating then it clearly doesn't exist}

Wow you are intent on taking this to the extreme.

I have no confusion on if this is a game or real life, but in a game or real life indvidual's have rights and yes all data of the game is owned by PWE however they do not own your actions. What you have proposed is putting an individual's negative actions on display whether you call them by their name or by game alias it doesn't matter they are an individual and have the right to privacy. Naming and Shaming would simply promote harrassment of individuals in the game. And harrassment if I must say even though it is hard to get a conviction is considered illegal by all 50 states and nearly every country in the world. So even if your agruement that naming and shaming wasn't illegal in some way it would lead to illegal actions in another and since in that situation PWE provided the information that lead to harrassment they would be culpable in a court of law. And if you don't beleive me I'd be happy to cite such law suites that support my claim.

But back to topic

Who wants fish for dinner?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Not to mention the ones doing the PK in SP and CUBE will be PKing via a BOT b:chuckle

Make sure to have it so your bot taunts the victim with racist comments after it kills them. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    providing information that leads to harassment, by itself, is not a crime anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    providing information that leads to harassment, by itself, is not a crime anywhere.

I was starting to think maybe he worked for PWE... Although (despite I still believe him to be wrong on the subject at hand) I can still tell he has intelligence (so that rules out him being a PWE employee) b:laughb:chuckleb:laugh
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Make sure to have it so your bot taunts the victim with racist comments after it kills them. b:chuckle

... and then proceed to set up a catshop selling duplicate **** Pangu's. b:victory

On second thought... maybe not. Glitches that cause PWE to actually lose money usually attract lifetime bans. b:avoid
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,
    [Update 4-18-2012]

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Do me a favor and ask the Devs to take a look at the PWI forums / play our version. Maybe they'll see what they need to work on.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Using any method of highlighting an indivual's failure's, wrong doings, or embarssing moments whether using real names, aliases or afliated parties constitutes a form a public humiliation which constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm paraphrasing the law to make it easier for you to understand.

We totally need to be friends. I love your posts and looove looove loooove your siggy! b:byeb:cute
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    ... and then proceed to set up a catshop selling duplicate **** Pangu's. b:victory

On second thought... maybe not. Glitches that cause PWE to actually lose money usually attract lifetime bans. b:avoid

Did they end up permabanning whoever it was that was sending SoT and Warsouls via the blessing page?b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012

-removed-

Would this make my **** bigger in game? Cuz that would totally rock!!! IJS
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Did they end up permabanning whoever it was that was sending SoT and Warsouls via the blessing page?b:puzzled

I don't know about those but I remember the incident a year or so ago where someone was creating **** pangu's and selling them in AH dirt cheap.

We never found out his/her exact punishment... only got a cryptic comment from Frankie that the individual was taken cared of. b:shutup
    edited April 2012

Actually any action an individual or entity takes that enables another individual or entity to persue an illegal action shares culpability in the action itself.

As I said it isn't something easily convictable, but it is something being pursued more and more in our electronic age, heck I believe there is a law suite pending against Twitter

Back to topic

Anyone seen my left shoe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    Do me a favor and ask the Devs to take a look at the PWI forums / play our version. Maybe they'll see what they need to work on.

That's actually a good idea, get them to come and see how things have gotten out of control and maybe they'll give Frankie the ability to DO something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Since Shelly moved my thread to the suggestion box I figured I'd post this in here to get a feel for what others think of my idea of a solution..

Good idea, but it will never be implemented. It would cut into their sales of hyper stones.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We never found out his/her exact punishment... only got a cryptic comment from Frankie that the individual was taken cared of. b:shutup

He/she probably got ther same punishment the gooners got earlier this week b:laugh
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
    edited April 2012
    karmelia wrote: »
    Good idea, but it will never be implemented. It would cut into their sales of hyper stones.

As opposed to people not csing at all because of the laughable way it's been handled, oh wait the glitchers still will b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Actually any action an individual or entity takes that enables another individual or entity to persue an illegal action shares culpability in the action itself.

As I said it isn't something easily convictable, but it is something being pursued more and more in our electronic age, heck I believe there is a law suite pending against Twitter

Back to topic

Anyone seen my left shoe

you've taken a concept of agency and broadened it, unilaterally, beyond any workability.

additionally the way you phrased it, one person who enables another person to seek any kind of redress for an alleged injury cause by a third party is liable to another person? there is no logic there.

I think you meant that any person who enables a third party to cause injury to another, bears a measure of liability to the other.

but, your use of the word "any" is far too broad to be workable.

for example, the printing of a phone book enables stalkers to locate their prey. "any action" would include such actions as the printing press act of printing, being liable for crimes committed by a stalker against his or her victim. which is obviously ridiculous, and not a law anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    you've taken a concept of agency and broadened it, unilaterally, beyond any workability.

additionally the way you phrased it, one person who enables another person to seek any kind of redress for an alleged injury cause by a third party is liable to another person? there is no logic there.

I think you meant that any person who enables a third party to cause injury to another, bears a measure of liability to the other.

but, your use of the word "any" is far too broad to be workable.

for example, the printing of a phone book enables stalkers to locate their prey. "any action" would include such actions as the printing press act of printing, being liable for crimes committed by a stalker against his or her victim. which is obviously ridiculous, and not a law anywhere.

Actually no, I took that directly from a subsection of a law in PA, why PA cause it was the law book I had open at the time. And laws are intentionally broad in that way, what decision that gets made from a law is based on the evidence and arguements presented by plaintiff and defendent.

So back to topic again

Found my shoe but now I missed placed my keys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.