FC Glitch Update

Comments

• Zeenat_ - Raging Tide
    Zeenat_ - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I smell lecture in this posts . Wasted my time , what a big moron post,good for nothing.
    Are u any philosopher? or are u representative of pwe ? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows! b:victoryb:quiet
    Thanks Xainou for cute siggy ! b:pleased
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ok u mean u encourage ppl being 105 in 2 weeks and others needing almost a year 2 go there? that's really pro ! since u're maybe a caster or a non pvper than it doesn't bother u well some ppl spend all their game play in fc it's an mmo game lvl is capital if u don't care about lvl don't put a thread in the first place ! yes there was a mistake yes ppl glitched yes there should be actions taken other than banning for 1 day to make it FAIR thx for pointing ur point of view (u don't care about lvls) well a lot do i respect that put fc glitch update is obviously not interesting for someone who doesn't care about lvling anymore !

Thank you for replying. I'm not saying that I don't care about leveling. You misunderstood I'm sorry for that. What I am saying is even without this "glitch" there are many people DAILY who power level by one way or another. And we have all done it in some form or another, if for no other reason than to get outa the hump of say the 60's (those levels were hell) or to get that laaast bit of a level so you could get your skills, etc... What I am saying is don't nail people to the cross for it. Those people who have power leveled without even knowing how their chars work....You have squaded with them ONCE! They suck...you put them on your list of people NOT to squad with and move on. NOT QQ in post after post after post on how "UnFAAAIR" it is. Of course I don't encourage people to powerlevel their chars in 2 weeks. You can't possibly know how your own char works with other classes if nothing else. Do I want this person in squad with me in TT 3-3 on the last boss? OOOOOOOOH HELL TO THE NO! Have we all been in squads with this person YES! Do we squad with that person again? Most likely NO unless your a **** or goofy like me.

There were actions taken over this glitch. Waaay to many man hours were used to decide why xoxoxoxoxo should get a temp ban while xxxoooxxxooo shouldn't because of whatever reason...maybe they only did it one run or 5 runs while the first person did it 100 times. What I am saying, is...the almighty powers that be have handled it. LET IT BE! And yes i do think someone can also roll more than one char once they have played the game forever to see how the other half lives and by all means as long as you know how to work the character POWERLEVEL your little **** off and GO PVP if that's what makes ya happy!

I do still care about leveling for the record. I just let my real life dictate when and how long I can play the game and not the other way around. (my RL suffered from me playing this game in the past so I left for a couple years to get my RL in order and now I am playing again) I also let people into my life and learn about them and in doing so I grow as a person. So, yeah if you PM me...I STOP what I am doing if able and give you my attention. That doesn't mean I don't care about leveling it just means I care about people more. But,yep your right...my kids and husband are certainly going to come first to me playing a game. And if someone PM's me needing an ear or advice I'm going to stop what I am doing and be honored that they chose me to talk to about THEIR life. But hey, that's just how stazzy rolls. And it's why I'm remembered and why after 2 years I remember them when they PM me and say omg is it really you? And this is what you get with me, like it or no. I'm the same in RL as I am in game :)
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Oh great... yet another QQer who writes wall of text QQing about other QQers. Talk about vicious circle.

This thread (and all others like it) should just be merged with Frankie's stickied one above and be done with it.
  • TunaMan - Heavens Tear
    TunaMan - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    karmelia wrote: »
    I saw this whole mess of a story relayed on a couple of gaming website/forums already.

I'm wondering who much it will hurt their business by seeing their reputation tarnished by that and make potential players ignore their games...

can u pm me the links to those sites? b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "One day, you'll log in and you'll be the only one in sight. You'll see a couple of merchants auto-bot-spamming world chat and even then, you'll say "game is still alive and well"." - Michael_Dark, Lost City
    "Lesson learned: As long as you spend lots of money, you are allowed to ignore the TOS and gain an unfair advantage." - SadieMae, Lost City
  • PurpleNurpul - Raging Tide
    PurpleNurpul - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I see one non-QQer, followed by 2 QQers...

Esp. the one who said "If you don't care about level, don't post"

Please, If you want to bicth and moan, by all means. Just don't expect people to respect you when you do it constantly.

b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited April 2012
    Oh great... yet another QQer who writes wall of text QQing about other QQers. Talk about vicious circle.

This thread (and all others like it) should just be merged with Frankie's stickied one above and be done with it.

Trying to play the one saying "quit yer bitchin" as a hypocrite, huh?

Yeah, go show off your pwnage skills by ambushing a couple of lowbie clerics. b:chuckle
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    How about we merge this with the general topic? I understand you want to express your opinion, but it doesn't call for a stand alone topic. Even I posted like everyone else did under a specific topic. I ain't special.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Trying to play the one saying "quit yer bitchin" as a hypocrite, huh?

Yeah, go show off your pwnage skills by ambushing a couple of lowbie clerics. b:chuckle

Well... looks like this "hypocrite" got your whining thread merged.

b:bye
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012

How about we merge this with the general topic? I understand you want to express your opinion, but it doesn't call for a stand alone topic. Even I posted like everyone else did under a specific topic. I ain't special.

Yes Ma'am. I'm sorry your right and I kinda got on a tangent huh. I just signed on to forums like I do every morning before entering game and saw 6 posts on the whole 105 thingy and kinda went mental. b:surrender Know, you have lots going on...sorry hope your today is better.
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Yes Ma'am. I'm sorry your right and I kinda got on a tangent huh. I just signed on to forums like I do every morning before entering game and saw 6 posts on the whole 105 thingy and kinda went mental. b:surrender Know, you have lots going on...sorry hope your today is better.

It's fine, I'm just as upset as everyone else. I'm here to try and keep the order the best way I can. We all need to vent for and against the 105 shenanigans, I'd just prefer the vent to be under one topic.
    edited April 2012
    [...]
    There were actions taken over this glitch. Waaay to many man hours were used to decide why xoxoxoxoxo should get a temp ban while xxxoooxxxooo shouldn't because of whatever reason...

Yeah, no kidding!I've been waiting TWO FRICKIN WEEKS for my legitimate ticket about moving my real-money bought gold from one server to another. 3-4 days my ****. b:angry

enough whining! play the game how YOU want to play it, and let others play the way THEY want to play it. If you weren't worried about PVP players you screwed over leveling higher than you and getting revenge, I can't figure out why this would be important to you. I've been playing a year, and have at least one of every class (besides the human classes).

My highest level char. is a 42 psychic. So my opinion doesn't count, right? Wrong. I have, so far, decided that leveling up past that point is a bit too grindy. (being the head of my own household means I only get to play during breaks, not as a teenage career) Since I come to the game to PLAY and not WORK A SECOND JOB, I have lost interest when things get a little slow. So I start another character usually in another class, and see how that class works. It has been consistently fun.

What's my point? I mind my own g****** business and have fun. If you are not having fun, you are doing it WRONG.

b:kiss
    Well... looks like this "hypocrite" got your whining thread merged.

b:bye

No, Shelly was right.

And since when is having one's thread merged a punishment, as you are playing it up to be? If the topics belong together, they belong together.

b:thanks
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    No, Shelly was right.

And since when is having one's thread merged a punishment, as you are playing it up to be? If the topics belong together, they belong together.

b:thanks

At least until it gets buried beneath 10 other pages of QQ posts before the end of the day. Then nobody bothers to go back that far just to read your particular QQ. b:sin
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    At least until it gets buried beneath 10 other pages of QQ posts before the end of the day. Then nobody bothers to go that far back to read your particular QQ. b:sin

Let it go. Thank you!
  • doctordad
    doctordad Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Or any other glitches for that matter. It's quite amazing that you can find programmers that can make this game and equally amazing that you can't find any one to fix these ongoing glitches. Hire some good help. Jones Blessing would be nice sometime soon.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Since Shelly moved my thread to the suggestion box I figured I'd post this in here to get a feel for what others think of my idea of a solution.

And no I'm not upset you moved it Shelly, I'm just curious what other's think and lets be honest not many read things in the suggestion box

*ducks beneath desk in fear of bashing from qqers*
    Ok so everyone with even an inkling of pride in the idea of justice is disappointed about how the Goon glitchers were handled. And admist the QQing and the demands and the 2x xp/sp there really hasn't been much in the way civilized discussion and solutions being found.

So how about this...

Create an item, nontradeable nonaccountstashable that gives a 1 level increase and send 5 of them to every character in the game that existed before the first annoucement that the glitch was illegal.

Frankie justifies the 2x xp/sp as compenstation because it doesn't help the 105s and yet with a vast majority of players using hypers 2x is a complete joke. This does the same thing, with it being nontradeable nonaccountstashable the item will not help 105s. I do admit it will help those that used the glitch and didn't get to 105 but as Frankie has said their method of detection is not very good and this will even the playing field for a lot of people so I think that balances out.

Also I mentioned giving it only to characters that existed before it was announced as a no no. The reason for this is to minimize helping those that created a character just to power level with the glitch and also benefit more to those players playing on characters for a long time that didn't abuse it. Obviously people that have created new toons or joined the game since the "fix" of the glitch are still affected by those who abused it and there is nothing that can be done about that, however by excluding them from this solution it provides a clear reward for those that were playing at the time and did not abuse it.

Ok I've state my case please don't think I am just QQing, or I just want free lvls. I have several 100+ toons and honestly the only one I am interested in lvling is my sin which is 101 and 82ish% right now which I have done without glitching working on her for an hour a day since Jan when I decided I would get her to 102 (2x slowed me down some from farming)

Also please don't merge this thread with the Sticky doing that will just burry it in QQ's. I truly am presenting this a viable solution that I think would benefit and statisfy the long time players of PWI and would like the communities feed back on this idea, not QQ from all the other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited April 2012
    nb4 close or merge with one of the other 50 threads about blessing database glitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Anybody wanna take a bet on how long till this thread gets unstickied and just lower depthed or runs off into the thousands of general discussion pages?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ZERO justice has been served.
    Total fail on PWE's part.
    Can not even ban people correctly.

Seriously...
    WOW.

I am completely dumbfounded at this.

Could you just put the glitch back in?

I am NOT going to work my *** off to 105. It would be a complete waste of a life.
    I really would have done this glitch if I knew the ban would only be like 4 days...

This is straight BS.
    Do you really think 2x EXP is gonna make ANYONE happy? It's barely even noticeable and does not even come close to the potential of goons. Make it 40x and you'll have somethin' goin on.

This is the kind of garbage that is the reason I really don't even play anymore.
    Just gonna keep my merchant shop open and keep generating coins F2P.
    Gonna horde em and not even spend em.

You guys really need new management. You cannot handle ANYTHING.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    +1 post count
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Why were lost city insurrect sins unbanned hours before everyone else

Why did they get preferential treatment
    Here we go again....
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Why were lost city insurrect sins unbanned hours before everyone else

Why did they get preferential treatment

They already addressed why they unbanned people, You have no way to prove someone was unbanned before everyone else, nor that it was favoritism. You're being ridiculous at this point, and spamming will not get you an answer quicker, or at all. The contrary. b:thanks
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I already proved it in my previous posts
    Here we go again....
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The bigger picture (which I don't think many people are "seeing") is the fact that PWE has NO ****. For me, it's not even about a glitch, or about people that 'glitched' to 105, or about any of that junk. It's the fact that PWE has just (via this thread) made the un-official announcement that they do not enforce their own rules or ToS. Now I expect the game to become rampant with asshats who will break any rule they want because they know PWE doesn't have the nerve to uphold their own rules. Coming soon to a server near you, people violating all kinds of rules, including but not limited to PK in SP, PK in CUBE room-1, Botting, Duping, Future glitch exploitation, you name it. Why, because PWE doesn't give a rats **** and are too ball-less to enforce their own rules and ToS... At this point I may as well log 20 clients -- set 10 of them to bot, 2 to PK in SP, 2 to PK in CUBE room-1, 4 to vendor/catshop, and 2 to spam racist comments in world chat.

Oh, but you say "you'd never really get away with that" or "they do enforce rules", whatever you want to ATTEMPT to rebut that with. While the fact is, HOW DO WE KNOW. This thread has 1, made it clear that, NO they do not enforce their ToS or any rules, and that they have no morals or ethics. Second off, how WOULD we know since "We cannot discuss specific character bans due to privacy issues" -- really? So here's an example. Lets say someone kills you in SP, well wait a minute that's against the rules, so you screen shot it. You submit a ticket with the screen shot. Now of course by rules and or ToS that person SHOULD be banned right? Well, since they "cannot discuss that" how would you ever even know for sure? Additionally on the forums they have their lovely little rule "no naming and shaming" (which is all part of it), well I'm sorry but if someone is an utter piece of ****, I wanna know it. If someone is constantly trying to scam people, or constantly breaks rules it would be nice to know who they are, and also to see that when they do 'mess up' that they ARE getting punished for it. So, why does PWE have this "no naming and no shaming" rule, and "sorry, we cannot discuss actions taken on players for privacy"??? Because they are full of ****! That's why that rule exists and why they "don't discuss any 'action' taken on people, not for privacy, but because they DON'T take action on rule breakers, or general asshats!
    edited April 2012
    I truly regret not using the glitch.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Actually PWE's privacy statement and privacy outlined in the ToS are there because they are subject to the laws of the countries in which their severs reside, i.e. U.S.A. and France and Germany now. They can not discuss a ban or action against an individual with someone else because doing so would violate several Federal Laws. If you believe they don't punish anyone for anything go pk in SP for an hour or so killing lowbies and make sure you tell them to report you, I'm sure you'll get banned then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    In addition to my last post:

Here's a concept. IDK about other places in the country (USA) but at least in my state anyone can go online and see a list of every 'registered' sex offender in the state. This way I suppose one could avoid moving near one or at least 'know who to keep an eye on' (especially if you have kids you're concerned about). Actually same goes for people who are incarcerated or on parole. Same concept. I think PWE should do the same damn thing. If you are or have been banned your name should appear on a list along with the reason you've been banned. Having such a 'public' list would make it easier to identify these habitual offenders, not only for the playerbase or the 'public' that would be viewing it, but also for PWE. Likewise if someone violates a rule upon you, you can check the list to assure that they have received their proper punishment... Which would also mean PWE would really not be able to get away with any of the 'favoritism' (toward cash shoppers) that they've been accused of!
    edited April 2012
    Actually PWE's privacy statement and privacy outlined in the ToS are there because they are subject to the laws of the countries in which their severs reside, i.e. U.S.A. and France and Germany now. They can not discuss a ban or action against an individual with someone else because doing so would violate several Federal Laws. If you believe they don't punish anyone for anything go pk in SP for an hour or so killing lowbies and make sure you tell them to report you, I'm sure you'll get banned then.

The thing about that is, this is a video game. I do understand when it comes to some of the 'give-a-ways' that they have had why they have to limit that to the US with certain legalities / customs whatever.

The problem with "no naming and shaming" is that it's a crock of **** because at most the 'names' used would be 'fake' (character) names any-damn-ways. Not anything that anyone could take any 'legal' action on PWE for using since they'd only be using 'character names'. Now maybe if they used account names, or real names; then yea, I could see a problem. To say "MrFortySeven - PK in SP - 7 days" would not open them up to any lawsuits. Otherwise they would not have the rankings page...
    edited April 2012
    Problem with your suggestion is that those "offenders" you speak of being listed is a matter of public safety and party to freedom of information act. They were convicted criminals and criminals lose their right to privacy just as the lose their right to vote or their right to own a firearm. Glitchers abused a rule not a law there is a huge difference and it's sad that you can't understand that.

And also as a side note as well, those lists you speak of are heavily debated and cases are in the supreme court's waiting list to REMOVE such lists and make them illegal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    The thing about that is, this is a video game. I do understand when it comes to some of the 'give-a-ways' that they have had why they have to limit that to the US with certain legalities / customs whatever.

The problem with "no naming and shaming" is that it's a crock of **** because at most the 'names' used would be 'fake' (character) names any-damn-ways. Not anything that anyone could take any 'legal' action on PWE for using since they'd only be using 'character names'. Now maybe if they used account names, or real names; then yea, I could see a problem. To say "MrFortySeven - PK in SP - 7 days" would not open them up to any lawsuits. Otherwise they would not have the rankings page...

Using any method of highlighting an indivual's failure's, wrong doings, or embarssing moments whether using real names, aliases or afliated parties constitutes a form a public humiliation which constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm paraphrasing the law to make it easier for you to understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Using any method of highlighting an indivual's failure's, wrong doings, or embarssing moments whether using real names, aliases or afliated parties constitutes a form a public humiliation which constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm paraphrasing the law to make it easier for you to understand.

it either constitutes cruel and unusual punishment or public record. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.