FC Glitch Update

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    bring the glitch back :D ill take the 7day ban per character i have \o/ need max level still

At this point, I'm willing to wholly switch my stance on cheating/exploiting. With that, I'll happily take a 7 day ban for my BM and Barb to be at level 105, along with a full compliment of buffers to be at level 101.

Hell, I think I'd even take a 7 day ban for just level 102 on my BM. Way faster and easier than FF & other instance options.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PWE, here's my business tip of the day: stop making these compromised, far too late fixes for problems in your game.

The fix for the dragoon glitch was too late and poorly thought out. Reducing the amount of exp they give to an insignificant amount does effectively stop people abusing the glitch, but the fact that it took 4 months to change one entry in the database is laughable and shows a real lack of thought and effort.

Randomly banning a few level 105s for a short time is another example of lack of thought and effort. It came far too late for the punishment to deter anyone from using the glitch, and does nothing to solve the real problem: there is no way to get to level 105 in anything like the amount of time people could using the glitch.

Want a good solution?
    Reset every level 104 and 105 to level 103 (except the ones who were already 103 or higher before the glitch was "known")
    AND
    create a new way to reach 105 within a reasonable time (think 6 months from 102-105 @ 1 hour per day)

People obviously like to kill big groups of mobs for exp, and PWE staff is obviously unable (or too lazy) to make significant changes to the original game. How about making the mobs in Delta give experience? Say 1,000 exp per mob, increasing by 1,000 exp per "wave", so by the end of a full delta run mobs would be giving exp comparable to the old dragoon glitch, but people would have to fight their way there through lower waves and actually spend time playing the game. To prevent people abusing this to level alts from 85+, make it a special mode only available to 100+s (or don't, I mean who cares anymore anyway? everyone is a hyper baby already).

or just make a cash shop item that resets phoenix valley, doing boring recycled instances really fast over and over will appeal to a big segment of your playerbase.

@ people who complain that nobody wants to do full FC anymore because of the loss of dragoon exp, both fragrance and holeen give more exp hypered than the dragoons did, add in phoenix and the frost lieutenants/captains and it's close to 2mil exp..... not saying dragoon nerf was good, but if you're skipping close to 2mil exp because you're pissed about missing ~400-500k......

The only reason I still play this game is I have a lot of friends that do, until they all quit I'll keep playing. I will not, however, pay any real money for such a poorly supported product.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sheepus
    sheepus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    bring the glitch back :D ill take the 7day ban per character i have \o/ need max level still

Well so far PWI you have royally kicked yourself in the ***. ^^ This is the general consensus now and you will have no control over your playing community as you have very well stated that you will do nothing or next to nothing about it so good luck trying to contain the next glitch that will give an advantage because i know this for a fact;

EVERYONE WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!!
  • FrostGlitch - Lost City
    FrostGlitch - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They never fixed me just made it harder for me to pump out the babies.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    sheepus wrote: »
    ...good luck trying to contain the next glitch that will give an advantage because i know this for a fact;

AMEN to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The forums are dead, with only moderators actively patrolling the forums.

Mods should resign honestly.....can't see how the forums are if they lack GM activity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hmm, I couldn't say it better myself. Though, if I state my personal opinion on this matter, people will hoard me like a virus because I created the thread that probably is the entire reason this thread exists to date.

I am honestly surprised it took you this far into the thread to take credit for everything. Does that mean you're done?
    Fortunately for PWE, I'll be playing another game quite soon. The pre-purchase has already been set, and I've got my copy purchased. So at this point, it's okay if PWE bans my accounts for speaking out on severe issues with their company.

(looks at watch)
    Where has the staff of PWE gone, anyways? I see one every week on the forums. No one responds to tickets, in-game inquires, etc. No wonder private servers are pulling over 1k+ of PWI's old players nowadays, lol.

Why do you care? Do you post on the Pokemon forums urging 9 year olds to go out and play?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide
    Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There was a saying. "Cheater's never win". Looks like they won this time. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Mods should resign honestly.....can't see how the forums are if they lack GM activity.

b:surrenderb:bye

*sigh*
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The moral of the story here is that you should exploit the hell out of any game breaking glitch/bug you encounter in PWI. Cheating is on the same level as dropping a few F-bombs in world chat. Actually, the latter would probably get you a longer ban.

Almost every online game I have played has been pretty aggressive about banning people that cheated... except PWI. They aren't capable of fixing game breaking glitches before they become a problem and the punishment for abusing them is hardly a slap on the wrist. I'd tell them to get their **** together and at least try to look professional, but this ship has sailed.

Most of us plan to move to other games in the very near future and I'm willing to bet that's the real reason they went light with the punishment. They probably think that going easy on the people that dump thousands into their game will make them want to stay. They must be clueless. Allowing them to live another day so they can milk them for a few more dollars is pointless. This game will essentially be dead by the end of the year. Right now we have PWI in their TT90 trying to fight their r9 competition. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the outcome of this battle. (Hint: they are screwed!) Why they even bother to edit posts to remove the game titles I will never know. Everyone knows about them and a lot of us have already pre-purchased them. LOL?

I don't think it would be a bad idea to revert FF back to the way it was so those of us that didn't want to risk losing our accounts can glitch our way to 105 before we move to greener pastures. I'll gladly take a 7 day vacation in exchange for 4 more levels! ;)

Am I the only person feeling a little awkward right now? I know several people that abused the glitch and I enjoy their company, but I'm still pissed because the punishment for cheating was a 7 day vacation. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if PWE had been competent enough to fix the glitch before it became a problem. Seriously, it's an awkward situation to be in. Thanks PWE! Stay classy!
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I am honestly surprised it took you this far into the thread to take credit for everything. Does that mean you're done?

(looks at watch)

Why do you care? Do you post on the Pokemon forums urging 9 year olds to go out and play?

Hello Red. It's pretty comical that you verbally attack me almost every chance you get, lol. The "game I intend to play in the future" isn't out yet. Just because I have put money down on my copy, doesn't mean I can play it yet. So, continue watching your watch, lol.

I actually made a post on one of the first pages of the thread taking "credit". I'll be "done" when I want, lol.

Why do I care? You're not the only one that has issues grasping the concept of having some spare time when I'm not working/on break, and enjoying a nice read/post on the online message board of a game I played for three and a half years.

How is Red doing today?
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2012

+1 :D
    Well so far PWI you have royally kicked yourself in the ***. ^^ This is the general consensus now and you will have no control over your playing community as you have very well stated that you will do nothing or next to nothing about it so good luck trying to contain the next glitch that will give an advantage because i know this for a fact;

QFT
    Glitch for a couple of months and get a 7 day vacation! Finally PWI is a paradise for any and all lazy players!b:pleased
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I would 105 all my chars, then my alts if it was only 7 day break. Have stuff to do IRL anyway. Nothing like a lame decision by PWI
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hello Red. It's pretty comical that you verbally attack me almost every chance you get, lol. The "game I intend to play in the future" isn't out yet. Just because I have put money down on my copy, doesn't mean I can play it yet. So, continue watching your watch, lol.

I actually made a post on one of the first pages of the thread taking "credit". I'll be "done" when I want, lol.

Why do I care? You're not the only one that has issues grasping the concept of having some spare time when I'm not working/on break, and enjoying a nice read/post on the online message board of a game I played for three and a half years.

How is Red doing today?

I'm enjoying the spectacle. Got my popcorn, reading all 99 pages of the thread.

\the benefit of low expectations of a game
    \\it doesn't personally bother me when they do something stupid
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • frost168
    frost168 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012

This is more true than they realize...

As my first post here, I have to say I am truly disappointed, not only in their futile response, lackluster action and absolute insignificant punishment, I am disappointed that I did not glitch, and actually kept people from doing so.

To say the next glitch will be taken advantage of beyond belief is an understatement of catastrophic imagination. IT ALREADY, THEY ALREADY ARE !!!! There is just no need to make them public.

Good Luck to PWI on finding these out anytime in the near future. You cost yourselves more money than u realize.

LMAO
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Funny part is, on HT a handful of people got banned. Mostly the ones that exploited this bug like within a day or two after it was discovered. The funny thing is, this part has me actually entertained. So many people cry out this was a game-changing glitch for all the wrong reasons. Sure 103-105 is nice.
    But imagine all the people with the 20-30+ level 100's that they pick keys up on and just do 99 key quests during 2x b:laugh
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    well there is Trem's answer on the ff junk bleheheh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    _Althea_ - Harshlands Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    _UnGodly_ you are truly ungodly. b:surrender

What? I don't understand.

Also, the person above me makes a valid point (not the quote above, but ShamadaIie).
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Is this a bad joke?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If they really wanted to make this right by everyone.. they should offer all players 1 free level to be used at any time by people who did NOT abuse the glitch!

He** with that... If they wanna make it fair for the rest of us, I want them to personally raise {All 13 of my chari's} on {All 3 of the servers} I play on, too each be (105th Level) at this point.....

After all, I CASH SHOPPED this game Like a {Pro-Payer} for the first (3 Years) of the Game, Too!!!.....

I want some Premium Compensation, on my behalf! For my own Financial efforts, too pay for these sort of Decision Makers Salary's........ So I think its about time I get some {V.I.P.} COMP treatments to,0!!!b:laughb:chuckle

b:victory

PS: I Also want ateast 1 Refined (R8) set, for each of my chari's aswell as the APS boosters for atleast (4.0 APS~Ratings) for atleast half of my 13 chari's......LOLOLOLZZZz!!!!!^o^'!!!!
    jennybun wrote: »
    5 levels? are you dumb? some of these players were anywhere from 101-103 before this goon glitch became public. and this was all legitly levleled. so you're also telling them to take away the levels that they did the normal way? pff please.

But the VAST MAJORITY! of Others who GLitched it! Were from (20th to 30th) Level's; And as such should deserve being Rolled back down too those levels......b:pleased

So conversely, a simple (5 level) drop, wouldn't even come close too being enough, as a punishment too those People..........

Any ROLLBACK should be Case Specific too each character glitched......
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Summing up my thoughts on this whole situation in one word: Disappointed.

Not just in PWE, but in the community as well. This was poorly handled all around, and the price is being paid, as shown even in this thread.

-smh-

You just proved my point of what I said yesterday....

I don't think Shelly is the only mod thats upset with this.... just saying... b:lipcurl

I can simply say that everyone was disappointed how PWI handled this issue... they should of just shut down FC and fixed the glitch when it recently became a issue (which was about 1+ years a go)...b:beatup

On the side note: I knew something like this was going to happen.. I am "The PWI Nostradamus" after all.. lol b:sin b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lol whoopdie doo people get banned for a few days, like that really matters 1 teenie tiny bit...thats no punishment at all so its not worth talking about

if they really wanted to punish the people for it the toons would be reset to lvl 1 and make them start over

a 3 to 5 day ban for this is like spanking a kid then giving it candy to make up for the punishment

my 2 cents...i'm out

PS...guess the next time i hear about a glitch going on i might go ahead and do it considering all id get would be a 3 to 5 day vacation to go outside and enjoy myself :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    lol whoopdie doo people get banned for a few days, like that really matters 1 teenie tiny bit...thats no punishment at all so its not worth talking about

if they really wanted to punish the people for it the toons would be reset to lvl 1 and make them start over

a 3 to 5 day ban for this is like spanking a kid then giving it candy to make up for the punishment

my 2 cents...i'm out

They should also {PERMA BAN} the worst offender's, from all (TW's) from this point on too; if they're not gonna ban their accounts.......b:bye

LOLZZZzzzzzzz!!!!!!!! Yeah RiGhT,,,,, like thats ever GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!b:surrender

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughROFLMAO!!!!
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    due to the wall of spam i havent read at all...

where do u guys ready "punished with a 7day ban"? i only read "temporary banned"...which can also mean 365 days or anything else
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    What about making those morai brews give a bit of a better xp boost (say... x20 that multiplies with hypers into 240x?). Then we can all happily zhen our way to 105 and we can stop caring about this b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If they introduced a nice, and reasonable way of hitting Lv. 105, I think everyone would pretty much be satisfied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • charles
    charles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i have a really serius question.
    Can a gm explain to me how did the decision of the "punishment" was taken?
    Did they even really know all the benefits the glitchers had?
    Did they actually even know what they were talking about?

Or

They just made a skype call and someone said
    "we need to discuss about the fc glitch"
    "whats that"?
    "who cares"?
    "right"
    "but they violated our tos"
    "who gives a **** just ban them for 1 week"
    "agreed"
    "agreed"
    "ok issue closed thank you all for coming"
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    shashahah wrote: »
    due to the wall of spam i havent read at all...

where do u guys ready "punished with a 7day ban"? i only read "temporary banned"...which can also mean 365 days or anything else

Some of us know people that were banned and got our information from them. I know of a couple that were unbanned earlier today. *stuffs face with popcorn*
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Some of us know people that were banned and got our information from them. I know of a couple that were unbanned earlier today. *stuffs face with popcorn*

^^ What she said......b:victory
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Honestly, this is disappointing. This thread has became a GIANT QQ thread. Might as well add my problems with Twilight Temple and Lunar Solo modes...
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
This discussion has been closed.