FC Glitch Update

Options

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    7 days for this? Unban everyone that got perm. banned from before too please....b:surrender

Also agree... The same punishment should go for everyone... So if ppl actually got a perma ban for this (which I doubt that are many) then they should be unbanned and receive a mail about the current situation...

I still think PW could've bin more creative with their punishment... Like a few already said they could de-level them... Or just suspend them during next time we have 2 weeks of 2x...

But I'm kinda proud at PW also... They took some of the blame and decided not to perma-ban anyone now for abusing a glitch they should've fixed... They could've taken the easy way and take their perma-ban hammer, which would result in loss of playerbase and ppl who didn't get a chance to learn from their actions, but instead ppl are given a seccond chance...

And I say just make the Goons give exp again and make it legal... The damage is already done now anyway so why not? It's not like you'll get high-lvl noobs from it since you need a proper squad to do so... It's just like zenning at a place where lot's and lot's of mobs are I guess... So unless there will be any plans in the future to raise the lvl cap... I really don't see how this could cause even more damage... There obviously is a demand for it... Well for some I guess, especially for those participating in PK since I see no other reason to lvl beyond 100...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    -removed-

7 days for this? Unban everyone that got perm. banned from before too please...

They actually perma banned people for this earlier?b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    7 days, pathetic, revert them back to the original level at least lazy monkeys.
  • sweedishfish
    sweedishfish Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey all,

As you many of you know, there was a major glitch last year that allowed players to level up much more quickly than was normally possible. It involved performing certain abilities on one of the Frostcovered City bosses, which caused it to spawn hundreds of minibosses instead of just two, which was the normal amount spawned.

Although it was immediately deemed a bannable offense, as it violated term 11(k) of our Terms of Service, many players continued to exploit this glitch throughout the four months that it existed on our servers.

Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. While the case has been made that more people should have been banned, and permanently, for their transgressions, the fact is that we at PWE must take some of the blame for the glitch existing for as long as it did (4 months). For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.

We apologize for the glitch lasting as long as it did, and for the amount of time it took to take action against those who took advantage of it. The state of PWI is very important to us, and we thank you for your patience and support as we do what we can to keep the game running as smoothly as possible.

-The PWI Team

rly? 7 days, what a joke
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There are still many people who used the glitch on the rankings page. It seems they haven't been removed from it as you said.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There are still many people who used the glitch on the rankings page. It seems they haven't been removed from it as you said.

People on the ranking mean they are not banned, i think we all know that they banned random people who used it and not all cause before there's was 2-3 lvl 105 each server max and now even WITH the glitcher removed its still at 2-3 pages of lvl 105.

I dont think people care so much about that rank page i checked yesterday for the first time since long time to see who get banned on my server and saw that just some people got banned from the glitch not all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • O_o - Lost City
    O_o - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The fudge? Why do you guys care so much about these glitchers anyways. So what if they lvl faster, so what if they're on hiscore, so what if they higher level, so what?

Why are you fools making such a big deal about this shizznit? All mmorpgs have cheaters, some get caught, some don't. Same in real life. sheesh!

Let PWE do their job/ do what they want. Just play the god damn game and ****.

I swear man, people and their e-peens these days...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    People on the ranking mean they are not banned

Here's what I'd like to know (and what I know they won't tell us, but still):

Out of all the people taking a week's vacation, how many of them are free players and how many of them are CSers?b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The fudge? Why do you guys care so much about these glitchers anyways. So what if they lvl faster, so what if they're on hiscore, so what if they higher level, so what?

Why are you fools making such a big deal about this shizznit? All mmorpgs have cheaters, some get caught, some don't. Same in real life. sheesh!

Let PWE do their job/ do what they want. Just play the god damn game and ****.

I swear man, people and their e-peens these days...

so your saying let a blatantly obvious problem just be a blatantly obvious problem?
  • O_o - Lost City
    O_o - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    so your saying let a blatantly obvious problem just be a blatantly obvious problem?

Yeah foo. Exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I've read Frankies post and a few pages after but still I'm not getting where people are quoting this "7 day" ban from. Frankie merely said... temporary ban.

This can mean a ban anywhere from 3 months to 3 days. b:bye
  • SadieMae - Lost City
    SadieMae - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Good job, PWE. You temporarily banned a select few cheaters (most likely players that didn't spend much money) to teach them a lesson. You ignored the cash shoppers as usual.

Lesson learned: As long as you spend lots of money, you are allowed to ignore the TOS and gain an unfair advantage.

It looks like the only way to get perma-banned is if you cheat PWE out of real money.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah foo. Exactly.

facepalm.jpg
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    To be honest it's idiotic that payers have to read a book about what's allowed or not since dev's are not fixing bugs in the game.
    You can not attack a ground mob from the air unless it attacks back, pvp is not aloud unless we say so and so on.
    It would be better if they used their time to fix bugs instead on writing rules on what to do or not do.
    You are not allowed to sell this item.... BS
    If it is in-game for several month, without a fix, then I don't give a damn, and if I see it, I won't waste my time reporting it. If something isn't allowed, fix it or shut up.
    Banning customers is bad for business.
    I have never glitched, but I think it is idiotic to band customers instead if fixing bugs.
  • ashleymarieply08
    ashleymarieply08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I thank you for doing something. How-ever a temporary ban will not bother many make them back at LVL 103 see the pain the rest of us go through trying to even get to lvl 104!
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This is what I think; a week's ban is obviously a joke to the people who did this and are now level 105. (Sorry, but it's true). Anyone who spends any time on these forums KNOWS that most high levels claim "there isn't anything to do, we need more game content". (I personally disagree with those statements, also; but that's totally irrelevant to this).

Anyhow, if there is a way to do this (and it hasn't already been done); I think you should take away their levels and put them back to where they were, BEFORE they exploited the glitch. I'm sure that would irritate them a little bit more than a seven day, temporary ban. And; it might make things at least seem a little bit more fair to the people who are trying to get to 105 through a more legitimate approach. That; to me at least; seems a little bit more like poetic justice/a "punishment" than just a seven day ban. Oh and make them serve the ban, too.

Just my opinion:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This is what I think; a week's ban is obviously a joke to the people who did this and are now level 105. (Sorry, but it's true). Anyone who spends any time on these forums KNOWS that most high levels claim "there isn't anything to do, we need more game content". (I personally disagree with those statements, also; but that's totally irrelevant to this).

Anyhow, if there is a way to do this (and it hasn't already been done); I think you should take away their levels and put them back to where they were, BEFORE they exploited the glitch. I'm sure that would irritate them a little bit more than a seven day, temporary ban. And; it might make things at least seem a little bit more fair to the people who are trying to get to 105 through a more legitimate approach. That; to me at least; seems a little bit more like poetic justice/a "punishment" than just a seven day ban. Oh and make them serve the ban, too.

Just my opinion:)

Once more... WHAT BLOODY WEEK ??? b:shocked

Can ANYONE show me where Frankie said his "temporary" ban = EXACTLY ONE WEEK ???

Not even remotely trying to defend the 105 goon glitchers here since if it was up to me they would all be perma banned.

But its getting ridiculous now watching people bandy about the precise time frame of this ban when far as I know the only source for it was this idiot on the first page who looks like he just pulled it out of his ****:
    7 days for 105? BRING IT BACK! I will play this game again just to glitch to 105 and get banned for 7 days...b:victory
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    awww c'mon should have given them a monthly ban ^^ b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    _Althea_ - Harshlands Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't play Perfect World International anymore, and for good reasons (the unreliable game support/design flaws/lack of updates/lack of content/lack of challenge/the list goes on), so I'm not sure if my opinion matters. I've dully flipped through the pages of this thread and I've noticed a few things:

1.) I have a new found respect for the moderators who are disappointed in this, but also continue to edit and uphold the forum "law" for those who are equally upset. If only you folk were in charge of the show instead of people like the designers & frankie, the goon who doesn't know anything about the game &; clearly its bosses.

2.) People who spend money on this game will never be banned for extensive amounts of time, no matter what they do or how they do it. I think we all know this is true.

3.) When I left Perfect World, a guild on my server had over 30 level 105s in it due to this glitch. Their punishment? One weeks ban, they'll be back for dominating the map next week! (Now they're dominating it with a main guild and an alt guild, that's cute). The best part is that their name has randomly been selected from a hat, though, so there will still be 105s to steam roll over the 101s and 102s in everything.

4.) PWE had a chance to fix this problem. It should not have taken four months (and goodness knows it's been around longer than that. There are other glitches as well that provide nice ways to level, may I add!)

5.) The server is now suffering - what's the point of completing full FC anymore? The dragoons are glitched. That's cute, PWE - way to go. :)

In closing, PWE made a joke of themselves because now people who break the rules will know they can get off with whatever they want and at worst receive a seven day ban. Meanwhile the real victims here are the ones who are cheated out of a decent gaming experience. Tell me frankie, do you kids still ban for botting, or is that just "part of the gaming experience" too now? :)
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Once more... WHAT BLOODY WEEK ??? b:shocked

Can ANYONE show me where Frankie said his "temporary" ban = EXACTLY ONE WEEK ???

Not even remotely trying to defend the 105 goon glitchers here since if it was up to me they would all be perma banned.

But its getting ridiculous now watching people bandy about the precise time frame of this ban when far as I know the only source for it was this idiot on the first page who looks like he just pulled it out of his ****:

If you know someone's who banned, you can just ask them for how long they are banned... you don't need to pull it out of your *** to get the info, lol
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't play Perfect World International anymore, and for good reasons (the unreliable game support/design flaws/lack of updates/lack of content/lack of challenge/the list goes on), so I'm not sure if my opinion matters. I've dully flipped through the pages of this thread and I've noticed a few things:

1.) I have a new found respect for the moderators who are disappointed in this, but also continue to edit and uphold the forum "law" for those who are equally upset. If only you folk were in charge of the show instead of people like the designers & frankie, the goon who doesn't know anything about the game &; clearly its bosses.

2.) People who spend money on this game will never be banned for extensive amounts of time, no matter what they do or how they do it. I think we all know this is true.

3.) When I left Perfect World, a guild on my server had over 30 level 105s in it due to this glitch. Their punishment? One weeks ban, they'll be back for dominating the map next week! (Now they're dominating it with a main guild and an alt guild, that's cute). The best part is that their name has randomly been selected from a hat, though, so there will still be 105s to steam roll over the 101s and 102s in everything.

4.) PWE had a chance to fix this problem. It should not have taken four months (and goodness knows it's been around longer than that. There are other glitches as well that provide nice ways to level, may I add!)

5.) The server is now suffering - what's the point of completing full FC anymore? The dragoons are glitched. That's cute, PWE - way to go. :)

In closing, PWE made a joke of themselves because now people who break the rules will know they can get off with whatever they want and at worst receive a seven day ban. Meanwhile the real victims here are the ones who are cheated out of a decent gaming experience. Tell me frankie, do you kids still ban for botting, or is that just "part of the gaming experience" too now? :)

_UnGodly_ you are truly ungodly. b:surrender

If you know someone's who banned, you can just ask them for how long they are banned... you don't need to pull it out of your *** to get the info, lol

But that's based on the assumption that everyone... regardless of how severely they glitched or not... received the same length "temporary" bans.
  • fearstrike
    fearstrike Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    What a joke. You ruin our frostcovered EXP. Ban not even a small majority of the 105 glitchers, and for what? 7 Days?

"Blame on the company" my butt. More like You can't permenantly ban them because you'd lose too much money. This is rediculous.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I assume no GM response on this. like a follow up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

The least I can say is they're aware of the general discontent brought up in this topic. However, not much more than that.
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Having played PWI for such a long time, and knowing the community and players on my server, Heavens Tear. I can quite frankly say that this whole thing was not handeled correctly. When this glitch was around you had members of the community abusing this glitch for months on end, getting the maximum level on PWI in such a short amount of time aswell. Having played during the glitch period of the time I daily saw people glitching frostcovered, and getting their levels up drastically fast.

After the staff members "discovered" the glitch in June 2011, they reduced the EXP gain from the Glacix Dragoons to almost nothing throughout the instance, losing much EXP gain from the instance as a total- Now in fact, so terribly that the Frostcovered instance is not completed but is disbanded after "Big Room" heads. PWI has punished the community as a whole for the exploitation of this glitch for many months now and has if not halted, drastically decreased the amount of players who are attempting to level up. What do the exploiters of the glitch, these "Worst Offenders", the level 105's get as punishment? A 7 day ban.

This is completely and utterly offensive to me, a paying customer aswell as the rest of the community who feels the same as me.. If you want this game "running smoothly" you need to FIX the problem. Which you can't apparently, and PUNISH the exploiters, not give them a week-long vacation.

Extremely disappointed.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Maybe in another year or two, when they merge the servers and begin shutting this game down. Honestly, it's quite comical. The "PWI team" doesn't run this game at all. They host the servers, and never show themselves. The forums are dead, with only moderators actively patrolling the forums. The game is dead w/ end-game folk only doing about three continuous repetitive and monotonous tasks.

PWE gave up on this game a long time ago. They have been milking the cash from sales about ~10 months after the beta/release of the game. They ban anyone who goes against their company, and try hard to get rid of all the old players. It's quite comical, lol. They are one of the biggest online gaming companies on this planet, and they are also one of the most communistic and idiotic as well.

I'm sure I'll now get banned for "going against the company/game/staff", since this is their record. My post deleted as well, I imagine.

It's humorous. Anyone who actually plays this game and thinks it's "okay", or doing "well" are too addicted to leave and/or rant about the quality (or lack thereof) PWI/PWE has degraded to. Anyone who worked for anything in-game by means of farming, grinding, etc has always gotten the shaft up the butt. Always will, too. Follow the rules: Get killed by a 105 sin who only got banned a week. Farm gear: gear out in cash shop, or economy degraded into ****. Grind mobs: DQ prices nerfed, good items taken out of DQ shop, higher repair than profit. Level legitimately: Takes years and must live in FF, while others did it in days via goon glitch. PK people: Damage reduction for leveling to 103 legitimately on a 105 player.

Game is a joke and so is PWE. They can't handle their own game, let alone their company. No one is happy with this goon glitch resolution.

-removed-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    bring the glitch back :D ill take the 7day ban per character i have \o/ need max level still
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    someone said a 105 has not posted i will :-)
    to the person suggesting roll back there exp good call its very easy to figure out who leveled by goonz as i know for a fact it took me 8 months to solo fc with crazy stones and cube so anyone that got 104 to 105 in a week or so glitched 103 to 104 was about 4month or so .
    just finding out the glitches from 103+ and rolling there lvl back would do as a bad after all i dont think being 102 or lower means a great deal but as for 105 yes only reason i spend 8months every day fcing is to be the first 105 on dreamweaver as i dont ever do TW and i didnt really pk it was just a personal goal to be the first one.
    So how about PWI get a brain and do some simple math to lower these's people
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Does this mean that the QQ will stop?

I kid, i kid.

b:chuckleb:victory
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I was hoping for them to be reverted back to their original level before they glitched. But oh well at least its something and at least you have admitted that this is the fault of the company's neglect though i think your just afraid to lose your cs-ers.
This discussion has been closed.