FC Glitch Update

Comments

• SomeAsianGuy - Lost City
    SomeAsianGuy - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012

LOOK at me i gooned and i dont care about frankie's ToS i even find it lameb:victoryb:

Dude! why you confess lmao. u dumb. It was a trap foo! Now they know who to perm bann. b:laugh

Never plead guilty b:bye
  • TunaMan - Heavens Tear
    TunaMan - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    cheat2win b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "One day, you'll log in and you'll be the only one in sight. You'll see a couple of merchants auto-bot-spamming world chat and even then, you'll say "game is still alive and well"." - Michael_Dark, Lost City
    "Lesson learned: As long as you spend lots of money, you are allowed to ignore the TOS and gain an unfair advantage." - SadieMae, Lost City
  • RoWarryor - Sanctuary
    RoWarryor - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Dude! why you confess lmao. u dumb. It was a trap foo! Now they know who to perm bann. b:laugh

Never plead guilty b:bye

LMAO not even u belive that,no1 will be permabanned b:bye
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. ...

-The PWI Team

7 days for 105? BRING IT BACK! I will play this game again just to glitch to 105 and get banned for 7 days...b:victory

And who said that "temporary ban" mean week ?

How about few month ?

Nobody know how much time is ban and bans not allowed to discuss at forums.

Action taken, GMs fixed glitch and banned "very worst offenders", so they are not able to post messages at this thread.

PWI Rankings Page is just list of level 105 players, so no need to look at it, of course.
  • SomeAsianGuy - Lost City
    SomeAsianGuy - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    LMAO not even u belive that,no1 will be permabanned b:bye

pshhhh lol u never know man. This whole thing could be a trap. These GMs are smarter than you you think they are. hmmm....

I was gonna say something else but i forgot >.>
    ehh...
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    How about no?

How about yes? That would at least even the playing field.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is just a ridiculous joke PWI, if you consider the time it takes for someone to get from lvl 103 to 105 (not being an assasin) it would take months if not 1+ year yet you consider that a ban of 7 days is enough punishment? Hell, bring it back so I can get 105 and get banned for that long.

It would be more fair if all these "heavy offenders (the 105s)" had been brought back to a more achievable lvl like... 103, where most players are today. This is another big disappointment if you ask me, the punishment DOES NOT fit the gravity of the crime and its simply hilarious when you try to make it look less bad by saying "it was in part PWI's fault too" when it is clearly stated in the ToS that abusing any kind if glitch can result in termination of that account. Ppl abused this glitch to the max in full awareness, you know why? precisely because of this. They knew PWI wouldn't have the balls to terminate their account or apply any server punishment on them.

If this is the idea that you have of being fair about it then let me just tell you to stop right here before you ban more ppl, spare us all the qq and drama. My old man once told me "Son, you either to do it right or don't do it at all" and those are words of wisdom.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Gj damn glitchers got banned now we need the other ones to be banned to
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    it seems to me they banned a few players as scapegoats, mostly sins on LC, so at least we can say this matter is attended and dealt with..?

i wish they could show us competence and provide us some sort of criterion of who were getting punished and why. it just seems to me they picked several 105 sins out of a hat, because sins are disliked in pvp maybe? idk D:

i suppose 7 days ban is not a sever enough punishment at all but i just hope they could have showed us some consistency in taking action like this. i see those zhen class who made handsome profit from the glitch are running around freely which makes me wonder how my assassin is classified as a worse offender than them?

irony
  • RoyalMist - Sanctuary
    RoyalMist - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Temporary ban is not enough, roll back their chars to what it was before the goons madness!!! or if that's too much, just simply ban them from going to Morai >.>
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Guise, can I do FCC glitch nao since exp is terrible!?
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It woulda actually been funny, if they'd have made the (FC Glitch) take away your XP instead of give ya any....... ROFL!!!!!b:pleasedb:chuckle

Now that woulda been a Hilarious!! April FOOLs Joke.....b:laughb:victoryb:laugh
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,
    Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. While the case has been made that more people should have been banned, and permanently, for their transgressions, the fact is that we at PWE must take some of the blame for the glitch existing for as long as it did (4 months). For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.

We apologize for the glitch lasting as long as it did, and for the amount of time it took to take action against those who took advantage of it. The state of PWI is very important to us, and we thank you for your patience and support as we do what we can to keep the game running as smoothly as possible.

-The PWI Team
    those character should be DELETED, not temp banned, GONE

aslo you could have closed FC at ANY point during this when you knew. you all completely ignored it.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Punishment seems reasonable enough... Although it would've bin funnier if they would be suspended while 2x was still on... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Chances are... these guys have stopped playing this game already for a long time...

And if they are still around, I really have to question their mental state.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    My mistake; it's two, and it's fixed now.

June 2011 was when we first became aware of the glitch. It's tough to say exactly when the glitch became possible, or if there was ever a time when it wasn't.
    it's been possible since PW-My Patch 1 (as that's what most private servers use and that is where I personally tested to see how long it has been around) Maybe not doable at that time, but it has ALWAYS been in PW
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • jennybun
    jennybun Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Exactly. The biggest advantage lv. 105 still remain unpunished.
    Finally 1 week to Tera.b:pleased
    Take care guys I spent over 3 years here. The best game was on beginning. Now is just ****.b:kiss

yay one less QQer.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Please bring it back! 7days ban for 1 year of work? So worth it... any day

EDIT: so now this is fixed can u finally work on solution with glitched avatar level and joined date?
    Would like to move on from being noob lvl 80 to 10X finally?

ROFL. +1

Yeah fix mine too! So I can be 9x instead of 6. -.- How did that happen, I do not know.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Imo, no one should be punished. The so called glitch was never removed. They just nerfed the exp. So it isn't really a glitch. It's just a feature that's not really worth doing anymore. They "nerfed" 4/5 aps recently, you don't see people getting banned for having it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited April 2012
    7 days, i bet that has the glitchers quaking in their boots and everyone else thinking in f**k it we will glitch next time, congrats on setting a precedent
    and worst offenders ? some of the 105 toons on ht rankings are alts of other 105 toons still unbanned
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    well... That's... Dissapointing o.o
    1week ban only Oo...
    At least make it so then that all their alt accounts are banned too... And give some awesome events in which everyone can participate for that 1 week >.> what they get now isn't really punishment... So at least reward the other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Oh no, not the 1 week ban!
    What will happen to glitchers when they are unbanned? Oh, still level 105?

Why did you even bother with the ban, if it's 1 week? That's only trying to feed the justice seeking people, unfortunately, most of them aren't ****
  • Saska - Lost City
    Saska - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You could bann me for a month if you give me 105 after b:shutup
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Geez... Even now glitchers are being punished it's still not enough for you? Are you guys addicted to malicious pleasure or something? What the heck do you wan't next? Round up all the male glitchers and chop of their balls? Geez... b:surrender
    Oh, so this is how professionalism looks like. PWE, being one of the largest game publishers in North America, should have acted in a similar manner.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Square-Enix how could you? After all the beautiful things you brought into this world... I believed in you but you're nothing but a big fat lie... I can't believe I'm actually still paying for your games... I should just use emulators instead now... Traitors! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited April 2012
    This should have been dealt far more professionally not only to serve as an example for the community but for the community to regain its trust in the company.

<3 shelley

pwi just did a lot of free advertising for ArenaNet and NCsoft gg
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is sadly pretty much exactly what I was expecting to happen.

Much like many others I'd be very interested to hear what constitutes being on the list of "worst offenders," but I'd wager we'll be left to wonder about that.

And that's all I've got to say about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Playing in the rules has no benefits anymore, I will abuse the next glitch I find. Thanks PWE, for proving that anarchy rules
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have not heard of a single person banned on Sanctuary. Guess all those 105 in the ranking page are legit lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Oh, so this is how professionalism looks like.

Gotta love 'em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Hahaha, I haven't had a good laugh in forever.
This discussion has been closed.