FC Glitch Update

Comments

• KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This shouldn't have taken as long as it did. Not the glitch being poorly taken care of, not the (lack of) communication and response, not the banning of the worse (and all) offenders. This should have been dealt far more professionally not only to serve as an example for the community but for the community to regain its trust in the company.

At this point, no action would have been better than temporarily banning people who have exploited a glitch despite the TOS stating that doing so is a bannable offense that may result in an account termination.

Is it the company's fault for not taking care of it sooner, or better yet, more efficiently? Yes. Should the people who exploited the glitch suffer a lighter punishment for it? No.

The truth is the community has been punished as a whole. Instead of properly fixing the glitch in a timely manner, the goonz exp was nerfed, and is still nerfed because the glitch has yet to be fixed at all.

Personally, I still have no idea how to glitch the goon boss and there are many others who have no idea. Truthfully, from what I've gathered, many won't be able to glitch it successfully without having their characters die repeatedly.

So banning the people that glitched it temporarily is an insult to the whole community.

Instead, fix the glitch. Bring the instance back to normality, and make the people that didn't abide to the ToS feel it where it really hurts. Otherwise, they'll be back in a matter of a few days boasting that they've glitched without any consequences, and guess what, they'll still be 105 (or any other level they've reached to using the glitch).

I'm throughly disappointed.

Personally I think they don't know how to fix this glitch or any other glitch now in this game. The developers that lead the game now probably have no idea how to handle any of the original code that the game is built on. Code that was created by the original team. And my guess is, tampering with it will wind up breaking all the new code they piled on it consisting of all their precious new expansions.

Messing with exp and banning seems to be the only thing they know how to do now.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    How is that fair when anyone else could've legitimately made it to at least 103 in the months since the glitch?

I agree that dropping the lvls might be too drastic, unless they provided free reset notes and drop to the very minimum of Lv. 101, in case they have rank 9 gears. Also, that should only apply to "worst offenders".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ASS_ASS__IN - Lost City
    ASS_ASS__IN - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This shouldn't have taken as long as it did. Not the glitch being poorly taken care of, not the (lack of) communication and response, not the banning of the worse (and all) offenders. This should have been dealt far more professionally not only to serve as an example for the community but for the community to regain its trust in the company.

At this point, no action would have been better than temporarily banning people who have exploited a glitch despite the TOS stating that doing so is a bannable offense that may result in an account termination.

Is it the company's fault for not taking care of it sooner, or better yet, more efficiently? Yes. Should the people who exploited the glitch suffer a lighter punishment for it? No.

The truth is the community has been punished as a whole. Instead of properly fixing the glitch in a timely manner, the goonz exp was nerfed, and is still nerfed because the glitch has yet to be fixed at all.

Personally, I still have no idea how to glitch the goon boss and there are many others who have no idea. Truthfully, from what I've gathered, many won't be able to glitch it successfully without having their characters die repeatedly.

So banning the people that glitched it temporarily is an insult to the whole community.

Instead, fix the glitch. Bring the instance back to normality, and make the people that didn't abide to the ToS feel it where it really hurts. Otherwise, they'll be back in a matter of a few days boasting that they've glitched without any consequences, and guess what, they'll still be 105 (or any other level they've reached to using the glitch).

I'm throughly disappointed.

It's disappointing on how you guys don't even have a prove on the "Worst Offenders" . Fact that, none of the Frost Glitch Seller got banned and none of the most "Worst Offenders" got banned. It's more like u guys are guessing and randomly picked people on what u guys did today.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's disappointing on how you guys don't even have a prove on the "Worst Offenders" . Fact that, none of the Frost Glitch Seller got banned and none of the most "Worst Offenders" got banned. It's more like u guys are guessing and randomly picked people on what u guys did today.

I'm a mod and a member of the community, not part of the company.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    How is that fair when anyone else could've legitimately made it to at least 103 in the months since the glitch?

As I said they could calculate it by the amount of time it took to gain the massive numbers of levels.......b:bye

Someone truely doing level gains legitimately, Would never be able too gain the massive numbers of levels as fast as the JFC Glitchers do, in such a short time..............
    b:chuckle

That is how they could tell the {JFCr's} from the (Legit raisers).....
  • Neo - Lost City
    Neo - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Please bring it back! 7days ban for 1 year of work? So worth it... any day

EDIT: so now this is fixed can u finally work on solution with glitched avatar level and joined date?
    Would like to move on from being noob lvl 80 to 10X finally?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, I learned my lesson.

If a glitch like this ever comes up again, I will be 105 before you can say "Cheater!".

I will also then enjoy posting with my shiny 105 avatar. b:cute

/agree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Please bring it back! 7days ban for 1 year of work? So worth it... any day

I would see the 7 day ban more like a 7 day break from the game after 105 b:chuckle
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    As I said they could calculate it by the amount of time it took to gain the massive numbers of levels.......b:bye

Someone truely doing level gains legitimately, Would never be able too gain the massive numbers of levels as fast as the JFC Glitchers do, in such a short time..............
    b:chuckle

You forget that people can gain enormous amounts of exp in an instant using Orders of Blessing. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrostGlitch - Lost City
    FrostGlitch - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I would see the 7 day ban more like a 7 day break from the game after 105 b:chuckle
    QFT .. look I'm not banned my name must be too pro b:chuckle
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    You forget that people can gain enormous amounts of exp in an instant using Orders of Blessing. b:shutup

but using the {Order's} will show you used 1 for the gain, or atleast it should show in your characters history logs......b:bye

But then again, it wouldn't suprise me that much, if they don't keep a character (history log) on it, at this point......b:shocked
  • FrostGlitch - Lost City
    FrostGlitch - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    but using the orders will show you used 1 for the gain, or atleast it should show in your characters histories......b:bye

But then again, it wouldn't suprise me that much, if they don't keep a character (history log) on it, at this point......b:shocked

Are we using the same font color? Hello there b:cute
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Are we using the same font color? Hello there b:cute

LoLzZzzzz!!! Looks like..... OvO b:victoryb:cuteb:victory
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So goon glitchers got just temporary ban? For 2 days or so? Really "nice" punishment. So after ban they can take advantage of glitching again. (lv. 105). Pwi you didn't surprise me. You just digging your grave. Good luck with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,

As you many of you know, there was a major glitch last year that allowed players to level up much more quickly than was normally possible. It involved performing certain abilities on one of the Frostcovered City bosses, which caused it to spawn hundreds of minibosses instead of just two, which was the normal amount spawned.

Although it was immediately deemed a bannable offense, as it violated term 11(k) of our Terms of Service, many players continued to exploit this glitch throughout the four months that it existed on our servers.

Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. While the case has been made that more people should have been banned, and permanently, for their transgressions, the fact is that we at PWE must take some of the blame for the glitch existing for as long as it did (4 months). For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.

We apologize for the glitch lasting as long as it did, and for the amount of time it took to take action against those who took advantage of it. The state of PWI is very important to us, and we thank you for your patience and support as we do what we can to keep the game running as smoothly as possible.

-The PWI Team

Grats to PWI on finally doing something about it, but alas, they messed up doing something again.
    PWI shouldn't pick and choose who they think abused it more then others (sounds like favoritism ), it is all the same "punishment" or no punishment at all.
    The "punishment" is laughable as many people have stated. 1 weeks suspension for abusing a glitch to gain a substantial advantage over other players. I am talking about the 103+ players who deal the 10 or 15% more damage to players under 103. Looks like you handed them a free pass for your TOS 11L ( Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,). I assume because they continue to reap a benefit from using the glitch, even after coming back from temp ban, that this would go against the TOS as well? They did after all exploit a glitch to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
    I know some people hit 103 legitimately and taking that away from them would not be fair to them, but the decision made on the glitch shows you really don't care about being fair in the game.

The only way to fix all this mess is to bring back the glitch let people exploit the hell out of it without going against the TOS. That way everyone is happy .
    That, or, whoever abused the glitch, their lvl should go back to whatever it was when PWI was first made aware of it.
    NGTUy53.png

edited April 2012
    To summerize things.....

-The ban is about 7 days long, apparently.

-They banned the "worst offenders." We have no definition of that.

-They randomly banned a few players, that's all from what it seems like.

-All 7 pages of the ranking page have nothing but Lv. 105ers......still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Mormi - Lost City
    Mormi - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:bye Doesnt make a sense to me. It was supposed to be "fixed" loooong time ago, and people already forgot about it. Yet NOW you guys became bored enough to start baning completely RANDOM people for things (you actually allowed them to do, cause Frost Glitch was announced on WC dozen times and there was no reaction from support teams) they did year or more ago...

Grats on makin another needless thing. I'd love to see fixed all those damn things that keep annoing me all the time (like rubber band bug for example) WAY more than bunch of 105lvl sins that i'd not be able to see or kill even if they were on my lvl.

b:bye that was my two cents.

Ps. Funny thing is, if any of you been caught on PKin in SP, you'd get 66year ban (or something like this, its alot of minutes tho) and for cheating with lvlin you get only 7day funny ban to remind yourself how sun looks like... Ima find next glitch like that and get to 105 as fast as possible..

Burn the GMs!!!b:angryb:laugh
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    To summerize things.....

Exactly. The biggest advantage lv. 105 still remain unpunished.
    Finally 1 week to Tera.b:pleased
    Take care guys I spent over 3 years here. The best game was on beginning. Now is just ****.b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blueyedviixen
    blueyedviixen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PWI has many glitches. Some of them beneficial, some of them not. The goons glitch obviously benefited a few people. However, most of the PWI glitches do not benefit most of us.

-Room 1 CoF Glitch-
    Why can it not be fixed so that you cannot be PKd entering cube? Instead of people being banned for this, lets have it fixed. It has been stated and several people have been banned, but this glitch has existed for as long as I can remember and I cannot understand why it cannot be fixed.

-Puzzle Cube Glitch-
    In PK-able rooms in the cube, if you fall into a room and are killed before your quest pops up, your cube run is ruined completely for the day. No puzzle cube, no possible way to continue cube. Is there no way around that?

-RB Glitch-
    No, not the one that benefitted a while back where you could BB harpy wraith (which hasn't been punished and was exploited just as heavily as goons). I mean the one that boots a party member offline and, regardless of what you do, you cannot log on until PWI decides it has been a long enough punishment. This glitch can happen multiple times to any party and just makes an already time-committed BH/Culti take even longer.

There are many others, as I am sure we are all aware, I just dont feel like explaining each and every one. New content continually comes out. New fashion, new packs, new gear upgrades... perhaps before continually churning out content that we can spend money on, you could fix some of the problems that already exist?

When Fairy Boxes first came out, they were available in solo mode. However, this affected PWI economy because of how simple it was to get the mirage. This was fixed almost immediately. Chat font and colors and Sharp Spear's name can all be fixed simply enough... but these glitches that you are banning your players for still exists.

The red spam coming up all of the time reminding us that PK is not allowed in secret passage... Make PK impossible in secret passage.. I mean, why ban us for the offenses that you could fix instead. It isnt like these are offenses that are new to you. Players are getting banned right now for an offense made almost A YEAR AGO. June of 2011 is what Frankies comment said, right? Its been ten months and now they are being punished?

I adore PWI and am a bit of an addict. I have played for years now and understand that kinks take time to work out... but it just doesn't make sense to me that you can constantly write in new code to create new fashion, packs, skills, lands... and you cant tweak a bit of old code to fix the problems.

I miss normal FF. I can't remember the last time I was in a squad that did a full FF, because there is no point going past big room anymore. No exp in second half of it.

Instead of punishing people for an offense committed a year ago, fix the situations. As many glitches that do not benefit the members of PWI that we tolerate, you think that we would be allowed to use the one or two that actually do benefit us.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Just WOW on this "punishment". I so would have glitched to 105 on all chars if I knew this would have been the result.

But think about it, they cant perma-ban all the people that have bougt r9.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012

As someone before me stated, why not? they already got the money.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Sure they can. They can ban you for any reason or absolutely no reason at all, according to their ToS. There's no clause in the ToS that states a player is immune to permaban after spending X amount of dollars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    As someone before me stated, why not? they already got the money.

The company fears legal action maybe? Or it just makes them look bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The company fears legal action maybe? Or it just makes them look bad.

Hard to look much worse, and people who had to buy the game arn't going to run around going " I PAYED 3 GRAND TO THIS COMPANY AND THEY BANNED ME QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ" on mmohhuut or some ****.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited April 2012
    Hard to look much worse, and people who had to buy the game arn't going to run around going " I PAYED 3 GRAND TO THIS COMPANY AND THEY BANNED ME QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ" on mmohhuut or some ****.

People can try, regardless of what others think of them. Even if it doesn't work, it can be a hassle for PW to deal with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • nothinaa
    nothinaa Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Despite what the ToS states, it's not legally possible to sign away your rights as a customer. There are protections in place guaranteed by US law. I'm sure PWE are aware of these protections and have to tread carefully.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    To summerize things.....

I agree on point 3-4, as far as i know wasnt many lvl 105 before glitch and now there's 105 everywhere from each class, i see some people not banned who used the glitch 100-101 to 105 who are not banned look like they put names in a hat and randomly pick some.

I dont care about the 7 days banned that will just convince people to glitch when they will find a new one, cause ofc they will always found a new glitch for something, people wont be scare anymore to abuse the glitch and other stuffs.

You banned some people so you are sure they used that, why not put them ack to their lvl, you'll be sure they wont use a glitch anymore for the rest of time they will play PWI.

But oh well i dont really care people glitch it, tbh even if there's was 1 million lvl 105 on my server that dont make me unable to play the game, i just wanted see more people banned to see TW lands crash in a week cause all banned. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    just goes to show you that if you follow the rules you will always lose.
    a 7 day ban...is just plain laughable and giant waste of GM time. why bother to sort out "glitchers" to only ban them for a week?

so what about the first person that you celebrated for reaching 105? the one that was very well known for gltiching frost and hh. a lot of egg on your face with all the fanfare you gave him all the while he was glitching behind your back.

who are the legit (if any) 105's?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Oh wait, I forgot, the ToS are a mere suggestion. Agreeing to abide to is is completely pointless.

You're starting to scare me, Shelly o_o

And I doubt they really fear legal action. The ToS secures them very well in such a case. But a user who once bought r9 and was willing to spend as much money, will probably do it again unless he gets banned ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    100% Support
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
This discussion has been closed.