Getting to 105

Options

Comments

• EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Wanted to get some cards so I can do card boss in 3-3 when 2x comes around so I hypered in VOS. About 1% per hour of grinding.

ur signature is sick:O!
  • Notion - Lost City
    Notion - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You guys aren't accounting for the loss in xp you get per level. It makes a huge difference when you're looking at thousands of runs.

I'm too impatient for it, so I won't be hitting 105 ever.
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You guys aren't accounting for the loss in xp you get per level. It makes a huge difference when you're looking at thousands of runs.

thats what i did on the previous page, i calced with a loss of 40% on mobs/heads from lvl 103+.
  • Nnorzio_BR - Lost City
    Nnorzio_BR - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    well, there was kitamura and a bunch of other 105 sins 1-2y ago
    ofc there is no proof that they didnt glitch; they could even use alts to zhen on goons and put the exp in genies to avoid getting more chars to 105.

dont really believe that though..

That glitch was around b4 he was 105.Knowing him and how he cheated in frost and got away with it.Probably told Essence leader how to do it so he became 105 fast too.How do you think the whole thing blew up?Kitamura living a lie.b:chuckleb:bye
  • HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
    HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    haha wow
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So all in all, it's to do VoS or to solo FF runs.

What about the new instance that Korren was mentioning? I believe it's something like PV but spammable in a day or something like that?

Could that be possibly better than FF?

Gotta admit, as we get to 100, FF starts to lose the shine. And quests are not going to help at all, since the exp is always in the 5 digit, unless you talk about BH and CS (crazy stone).
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
    edited April 2012
    Options

You're a sin! It should be a lot more doable for you. (:
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So all in all, it's to do VoS or to solo FF runs.

What about the new instance that Korren was mentioning? I believe it's something like PV but spammable in a day or something like that?

Could that be possibly better than FF?

Gotta admit, as we get to 100, FF starts to lose the shine. And quests are not going to help at all, since the exp is always in the 5 digit, unless you talk about BH and CS (crazy stone).

The 'new instance' is just a the high level of pheonix valley.

One thing not mentioned is spamming cube. It's pretty easy to buy mass amounts of Celestial Insignia at like 60k each (my shop has like 2000). That puts COF Letters at 600k. A cube run gives you a PoF (worth 500k) and 1m xp. It's not hard to do 3 cube runs an hour for 3m xp at a cost of 300k. You'll probably be making a profit selling the gamble boxes.

Thats 3m xp per hour you can get without using any hypers spammable all day every day. After running the cube so much over the years its pretty easy to do nearly afk while watching TV. I've used this to level alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Solo FC gets painfully annoying in my opinion. I've ran plenty solo FCs to lvl my cleric alt, it was painfully disgusting during the last 5 runs for Lv. 100. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • tidesuxbadly
    tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    - well if your a Sin it will of course be easier -

Im currently doing solo Fcc to get to 104 -it's a pain in the *** but i manage to make about 15% exp per Week, doing 4 or 5 full runs per day after work. But again im a R9 sin , dont know about other classes my guess is that if you can't solo fcc u will have a hard time getting to 103, 104 and 105.
    edited April 2012
    Options

One thing not mentioned is spamming cube. It's pretty easy to buy mass amounts of Celestial Insignia at like 60k each (my shop has like 2000). That puts COF Letters at 600k. A cube run gives you a PoF (worth 500k) and 1m xp. It's not hard to do 3 cube runs an hour for 3m xp at a cost of 300k. You'll probably be making a profit selling the gamble boxes.

Thats 3m xp per hour you can get without using any hypers spammable all day every day. After running the cube so much over the years its pretty easy to do nearly afk while watching TV. I've used this to level alts.

Ummm.... Asterelle, I think cube is really hard. Isn't it? Or is it just me.

*edit* I went over the Cube wiki and yes, it seems possible. But the challenge comes when you're PK-ed or in random puzzle rooms. I don't know, when I get it wrong and sent back to room 1, that gets disheartening.

Solo FC gets painfully annoying in my opinion. I've ran plenty solo FCs to lvl my cleric alt, it was painfully disgusting during the last 5 runs for Lv. 100. b:cry

When you're dual clienting and gotta pop over to hyper and pop back to your main, yes, it's annoying. Been there, done that.

Surprisingly, I did that for my cleric too. Maybe that's why I had cleric burnout. But if you're just focusing on your character alone, I find it a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Trying difficult pulls, doing silly stuff and getting away with it, cause no one's there. LOL.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Wow. Thanks for the tip! b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Read the wrong guide.

Quick Guide:
    Give the Cof Directorate Secret Letter to Shrong in Room 1.
    Shrong will then give you a new Puzzle Cube.
    With the appropriate Dice Ticket and Puzzle Cube, speak to the Teleport Master in Room 1.
    Progress to Room 50.
    Speak to Trong in Room 50 to receive your reward and gain access to the Lottery Cube Rooms.
    Progress to Room 60.
    Speak to the Cube of Fate CEO in Room 60 to receive your prize.

OMG is this true? Just use the COF and spam and be able to jump all 50 rooms?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ummm.... Asterelle, I think cube is really hard. Isn't it? Or is it just me.

*edit* I went over the Cube wiki and yes, it seems possible. But the challenge comes when you're PK-ed or in random puzzle rooms. I don't know, when I get it wrong and sent back to room 1, that gets disheartening.

It gets much easier and cheaper with experience. I've done cube plenty of times on 4x alts but there is no PoF until 90+. There is a bit more PK in the cube these days though but that depends alot on your server.

You don't skip rooms with the Letter. You have to progress normally. At room 50 you can choose to take the XP/PoF reward (and finish) or you choose to take the Cog reward and proceed to room 60. It's pointless to go to 60 if you don't pick the cog so you just end at 50.

With experience an average run takes 20 mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

OMG is this true? Just use the COF and spam and be able to jump all 50 rooms?

You don't jump all 50 rooms. You need to go through cube normally. Cube usually only takes 15-30 minutes. It's not difficult at all if you're high level... and it's not all that hard at low level, just bring some extra do-all cards...

I started doing cube daily before dice tickets were cheap and when do-all cards didn't exist in-game, as did everyone back then. Now Cube is easy mode.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You don't jump all 50 rooms. You need to go through cube normally. Cube usually only takes 15-30 minutes. It's not difficult at all.

That's provided that you don't get PK-ed and get all the rooms right.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    That's provided that you don't get PK-ed and get all the rooms right.

Even if you don't get pk'd, it could still take you two hours and sometimes can take more than one if you're unlucky.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I never ever have come close to 1% for 1 hour in VoS. At the most 0.6% and I am the same level as you. Whats your secret.b:thanks

I think the lowest I ever got was .8% per hour... and that's when I was distracted with chats. I only pick up items when mobs are re-spawning and will abandon all drops when the first mobs re-spawns. It also doesn't hurt that I can one shot most non-increase stat mobs and have both exp neck and belt.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Even if you don't get pk'd, it could still take you two hours and sometimes can take more than one if you're unlucky.

This is inconsistent with what you said that cube only takes 15-30 minutes.
    I think the lowest I ever got was .8% per hour... and that's when I was distracted with chats. I only pick up items when mobs are re-spawning and will abandon all drops when the first mobs re-spawns. It also doesn't hurt that I can one shot most non-increase stat mobs and have both exp neck and belt.

I think your exp ornaments were the reason for the difference in exp gained with DUBZZ.
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    -- either way we really need a BIG instance where we can squad against mobs that hit hard as hell but give us good exp , at least 3% per full run for a lvl 103 , 1.5% for a 104 .. and maybe a big bad unsoloable boss at the end with Tokens as reward. You can enter only if your 102+ and with a 10 person squad..
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hope they hear us! :D
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It actually doesn't take too long to get to 105 if you have the gear for it. (Doesn't even have to be a sin.)

you can get .2% a day just from doing the Dailies. another .25% from doing PV Solo / FF/ETC

and Misc EXP from Oracles or converting FF greens into 400k exp per.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1338961

Daily Quests you can do

Cube = 1mil EXP
    Marriage Quest = 100-588k EXP (it is level based)
    Faction Base Quests = 480k EXP (think it is also level based)
    BH100 II = 660k EXP
    Moria Crazy Stone/Marriage Crazy Stone(costs 6wines) = 480k EXP/400k EXP
    New Moria Instance = 480k? EXP
    WorldQuest = 200k? EXP (Havent done it in god knows how long... almost forgot it lol)
    Thats already 3mil+ EXP before doing FF/PV etc etc.

(I think i made a goal of getting .5% a day at least when I was 104.)
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It actually doesn't take too long to get to 105 if you have the gear for it. (Doesn't even have to be a sin.)

you can get .2% a day just from doing the Dailies. another .25% from doing PV Solo / FF/ETC

and Misc EXP from Oracles or converting FF greens into 400k exp per.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1338961

Daily Quests you can do

Cube = 1mil EXP
    Marriage Quest = 100-588k EXP (it is level based)
    Faction Base Quests = 480k EXP (think it is also level based)
    BH100 II = 660k EXP
    Moria Crazy Stone/Marriage Crazy Stone(costs 6wines) = 480k EXP/400k EXP
    New Moria Instance = 480k? EXP
    WorldQuest = 200k? EXP (Havent done it in god knows how long... almost forgot it lol)
    Thats already 3mil+ EXP before doing FF/PV etc etc.

(I think i made a goal of getting .5% a day at least when I was 104.)

You went from 103 avi to 105 avi on forums in 13 days. I even said that in a thread, so who you trying to kid. b:lipcurl
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Dear i just got to 105 this month.. I've been 104 since 2011 you can ask anyone on my server. Nice attempt to troll though. :)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited April 2012
    Options
    @Traz Lets.... not go there.

But well, if all I heard and know about my BM is right, looks like I'll be spending a lot of time in FFs solo. Whether I'm able to handle it is a different matter altogether.

Solo FFs sound... Hard.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    As a BM Solo FF isnt too bad once you learn the timing of boss skills(IE when to spark to dodge purge boss or anti stun for bubble boss etc etc). Plus with bloodpaint and buffs you won't really have much of a charm build up between marrows etc.

I think you can spam PV if you have someone open the instance then invite you to the squad. I guess maybe offer people to open the instance for lets say... 100k?

PV instance depending on class can take like 5-15minutes for about 3.5mil exp at 103+. +about 50k repair bill or so + genie food/apoth cost. Comes out cheaper then anything else for that exp/coin/time ratio.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited April 2012
    Options
    Oh the latest PV instance for 95+ is out? LOL I didn't know.

Is this the instance that Korren was talking about?
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Oh the latest PV instance for 95+ is out? LOL I didn't know.

Is this the instance that Korren was talking about?

Yes.

Probably.

Go ahead and troll and laugh. I made this for a friend who asked how I was running PV solo as an archer so I taught him so he could level. (This was back in February further proving Traz is being silly.)
    [And yes my skillbar for PvE and PvP is different >_>]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdNlWWUkGXo
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited April 2012
    Options
    I seriously wonder why everyone seems to think that everyone else is trolling.

And NO KawaiiJen, I'm not trolling or laughing. I genuinely did not know. You're one of the amazing players I respect in HT. :D
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    -- either way we really need a BIG instance where we can squad against mobs that hit hard as hell but give us good exp , at least 3% per full run for a lvl 103 , 1.5% for a 104 .. and maybe a big bad unsoloable boss at the end with Tokens as reward. You can enter only if your 102+ and with a 10 person squad..

We need a goon glitch instance with tidal waves of mobs for epic fun!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty