Getting to 105

Options
124»

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't consider easy-mode class into my answers they get their own rules. :P

sage sin might be easy mode class but with all gear +5 except 2 lunar rings and dags it's not "easy." >_>

I guess i'll do a run on my archer for giggles see how many times I die. :D
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    sage sin might be easy mode class but with all gear +5 except 2 lunar rings and dags it's not "easy." >_>

I guess i'll do a run on my archer for giggles see how many times I die. :D

Wings of Protection for speed buff. Gather the mobs . WoG + Ironguard. BoA. Expel if you need longer. (If they still aren't dead then /facepalm pres esc and wingspan / kite).
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Wings of Protection for speed buff. Gather the mobs . WoG + Ironguard. BoA. Expel if you need longer. (If they still aren't dead then /facepalm pres esc and wingspan / kite).

101 archer is my 5th char b:laugh
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • wooord
    wooord Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ok that its possible, it is possible, but is also possible pwi closes game before you get to 105. If you gonna farm gear and try to lvl, it will never happen.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    wooord wrote: »
    ok that its possible, it is possible, but is also possible pwi closes game before you get to 105. If you gonna farm gear and try to lvl, it will never happen.

Easily can happen.

Step 1. Open up two clients 1 merchant catshop 1 to level

Step 2. ? ? ?

Step 3. Profit. :D
    http://i40.tinypic.com/1z6siv5.jpg
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Duo PV with someone who can do massive pulls is great experience. At 103 I get around 5m exp a day from duo PV. In the way we do it, we can do two runs in a day (finish first one before token expires, reset instance, re-enter, restart).

And that's only a few minutes of a day. But then again I'm only speaking from a team of a r9+12 demon sin and a r9+12 30k hp sage BM.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Duo PV with someone who can do massive pulls is great experience. At 103 I get around 5m exp a day from duo PV. In the way we do it, we can do two runs in a day (finish first one before token expires, reset instance, re-enter, restart).

And that's only a few minutes of a day. But then again I'm only speaking from a team of a r9+12 demon sin and a r9+12 30k hp sage BM.

as you may have or not seen I was doing it in about 8mins solo, so its quite possible for a duo group to run it twice a day. Find a good pullers (high pdefed / hp toon) and a good DD. It would be like running WingTrophy basicly. but anyways hope this thread helps give people hope/idea that 105 is quite reachable rather then make threads complaining about it.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    anyways hope this thread helps give people hope/idea that 105 is quite reachable rather then make threads complaining about it.

For me, (currently a 103 veno) I do:

~Morai dailies
    ~Crazy stone
    ~Base quests
    ~Cube
    ~Trade in my Shroud influence for 600k exp/day
    ~Merchant and buy cheap FC greens
    ~Oracle IX on occasion (but not regularly enough to consider it actually part of my routine)

*Continue on with dailies while stockpiling the Orders of Blessing, until I reach a point where I have enough blessings to level up.

/happydance

I haven't bothered with FC since 101, and only do BH if people in my faction are asking for people for it. While technically I could do them both regularly, I worry I would end up burning myself out, so I try to keep my *daily chores* at a minimum.

After Asterelle's post (I think earlier in this thread) I've started buying up Celestial Insignias for COF letters and have about 20 in my bag, to be used when I have the spare time and/or my first run through the Cube wasn't full of bad luck. Previously I had thought the only way to get those letters was via ToBL, and that seemed a bit costly when compared to the cost of FC greens (factoring in bad luck/do-all costs/POF profit).

I had hit 102 on December 20. I did not do anything really to actively gain exp (was just buying up FC greens) until Descent went live and all the new dailies came out (I had already been doing base quests but the exp from the mob kills wasn't really noticeable). After doing the Morai chain and beginning a regular routine of dailies, I hit 103 (boosted by the Orders of Blessing) on March 5. As of finishing my dailies today, I am pretty much an even 10% of the way towards 104 (not counting the Orders of Blessing I've already started stocking up).

So, yeah, it's going to take a while, but 104/105 are definitely within the range of reality. It just takes persistence and determination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Litor - Archosaur
    Litor - Archosaur Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Is it possible to get to 105?

Okay, I know people will point to Asterelle of Sanctuary and a few other players with 105 toons, but it's just that since this toon started late last year, and everyone I know who's 105 abused the goon glitch.

b:shocked

Sooooo... If we're talking about playing by the rules, is it possible? And how long are we looking at?

L O L you start off 'is it possible to get 105' then list Astrerelle . He glitched fcc to 105. Not sure if he got the 7 day ban like pwi said they did to the most serious glitchers though.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    For me, (currently a 103 veno) I do:

~Morai dailies
    ~Crazy stone
    ~Base quests
    ~Cube
    ~Trade in my Shroud influence for 600k exp/day
    ~Merchant and buy cheap FC greens
    ~Oracle IX on occasion (but not regularly enough to consider it actually part of my routine)

*Continue on with dailies while stockpiling the Orders of Blessing, until I reach a point where I have enough blessings to level up.

/happydance

I haven't bothered with FC since 101, and only do BH if people in my faction are asking for people for it. While technically I could do them both regularly, I worry I would end up burning myself out, so I try to keep my *daily chores* at a minimum.

After Asterelle's post (I think earlier in this thread) I've started buying up Celestial Insignias for COF letters and have about 20 in my bag, to be used when I have the spare time and/or my first run through the Cube wasn't full of bad luck. Previously I had thought the only way to get those letters was via ToBL, and that seemed a bit costly when compared to the cost of FC greens (factoring in bad luck/do-all costs/POF profit).

I had hit 102 on December 20. I did not do anything really to actively gain exp (was just buying up FC greens) until Descent went live and all the new dailies came out (I had already been doing base quests but the exp from the mob kills wasn't really noticeable). After doing the Morai chain and beginning a regular routine of dailies, I hit 103 (boosted by the Orders of Blessing) on March 5. As of finishing my dailies today, I am pretty much an even 10% of the way towards 104 (not counting the Orders of Blessing I've already started stocking up).

So, yeah, it's going to take a while, but 104/105 are definitely within the range of reality. It just takes persistence and determination.

how much are your order of blessing worth? On sanctuary, u can sell them for 20k+
    which is like 2.4bil coins for those blessing u just ate o.o...
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    how much are your order of blessing worth? On sanctuary, u can sell them for 20k+

You can easily get one peice of green fc gear for 200-300k , and each peice gives you 400k exp.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    L O L you start off 'is it possible to get 105' then list Astrerelle . He glitched fcc to 105. Not sure if he got the 7 day ban like pwi said they did to the most serious glitchers though.
    I read it as. Yes we can see Ast is 105. Also note it mentions he got it by glitching. Not legit and asked if it was possible to. (I happen to be evidence it is.)
    Why would you support greed by doing this? >_>
    You can easily get one peice of green fc gear for 200-300k , and each peice gives you 400k exp.

He was asking the price of each 4k exp order in coin not what the value of exp you get from the conversion.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Litor - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I read it as. Yes we can see Ast is 105. Also note it mentions he got it by glitching. Not legit and asked if it was possible to. (I happen to be evidence it is.)

He was asking the price of each 4k exp order in coin not what the value of exp you get from the conversion.

Easy math is easy. He can do the rest , I just gave the basic info needed.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options

it's not greed. It's just supply and demand...
    edited April 2012
    Options
    it's not greed. It's just supply and demand...

Making a huge profit margin off of the fact little to no people know about it isn't exactly supply and demand. :P its like buying a Scroll of Tome off of a noob for 300mil and reselling it for 400mil. That is supply and demand?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

I didn't bother to tally up the price for each one I bought, as it's something I really don't care to know. I can tell you that my maximum purchase price was less than a mil per green. I keep a set amount of money on my catshop, and siphon the excess off to buy the greens.

I have never bothered to find out how much the blessings could sell for, as I have no interest in selling them. To me, the exp is more valuable than the coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Making a huge profit margin off of the fact little to no people know about it isn't exactly supply and demand. :P its like buying a Scroll of Tome off of a noob for 300mil and reselling it for 400mil. That is supply and demand?

yeah it is. Misinformation and lack of information is part of business. How the hell do you think Apple sells it's products? Also, it's not really a huge profit as greens are atleast worth 1m+ on sanctuary.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    yeah it is. Misinformation and lack of information is part of business. How the hell do you think Apple sells it's products? Also, it's not really a huge profit as greens are atleast worth 1m+ on sanctuary.

As much as I don't like Apple. They put quality in their products (hence the expense and partially name brand is part of the price. Not lack of information.)

But if that's how you want to justify it, then that's your morale standards. I won't abuse peoples ignorance for gain like that.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    As much as I don't like Apple. They put quality in their products (hence the expense and partially name brand is part of the price. Not lack of information.)

But if that's how you want to justify it, then that's your morale standards. I won't abuse peoples ignorance for gain like that.

Apple can sell things for extraordinary high prices is because of their advertising campaign. i don't see the "quality" it has over similar products. And brand name is pretty much misinformation. Many things that you buy will sell for higher because they had a brand on it compared to not, but the two products are made in the same factory. However, nobody is gonna tell you that.

And there will never be perfect information in the market.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    When I hit 103 I would think that getting 1.339b exp would be a long task, but it really isn't. Every day I just do dailies, and I haven't touched FC at all, and only did PV once since I hit 103. That was back around late February, and I'm already at 9.9% to 104. That's around 132m exp, and again, I didn't touch a single FC since I hit 103.

105 will be easy enough to get, and as long as you pace yourself and have the dedication/motivation, it really isn't hard. If you cry and whine about it, then yeah, it will take a while because you're wasting time doing that.

Anyone can do dailies.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ~130 million exp in about 2 months would still put you at approximately 40 months to go from 103 to 105.

I've explained this in other threads, too bored of the topic to go into it here much. Throw in some PV runs or FCs every day (adding at least 1 extra hour required playing time per day) if you'd like, and you're still looking at the better part of a year to get what glitchers could get in a month.

Sure, it's possible to hit 105 legitimately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Post 70
    ..I don't see how it would take less than 2 months to get from level 104-105. Unless you spent 10 hours a day in FF. The average person doesn't have that kind of time, and it would be awful..
    (I don't check replies often :P)
    Hence my warning for others to not attempt it :P It was close to 5 hrs per day. The boredom of doing it made my take long breaks in between as well, but its doable. This is why I think Kitamura got to 105 legitimately. This method doesn't exploit any mass spawning glitch etc. In the end you won't be feeling up to doing other instances like cube to take advantage of more exp. Its absolutely boring and tiring.

PS I'd say it takes 45 days (run without mistakes), a person with more determination and focus might further lower the amount of days (highly unlikely)
  • Islashyou - Dreamweaver
    Islashyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    currently leveling from 104 to 105 and getting around 2.3% a day after 5 fc's and dailies. i know some people that are getting around 2.7-3% daily so it really doesn't take too long.
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Lol... Going to 100 proves that you either have some ways ...

-You took your time to level up to 100 and not playing so much hours, meaning you took 2-3 years or less to get there the way the game is supposed to be played.
    -Same way as the above but you take a lot more hours than the first, meaning you have nothing else better to do with your life.
    -You power leveled your character meaning you are either a cash shopper, alt of a high level or just dependent on "friends" / faction members
    -Glitch to level up
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Post 70

(I don't check replies often :P)
    Hence my warning for others to not attempt it :P It was close to 5 hrs per day. The boredom of doing it made my take long breaks in between as well, but its doable. This is why I think Kitamura got to 105 legitimately. This method doesn't exploit any mass spawning glitch etc. In the end you won't be feeling up to doing other instances like cube to take advantage of more exp. Its absolutely boring and tiring.

PS I'd say it takes 45 days (run without mistakes), a person with more determination and focus might further lower the amount of days (highly unlikely)

After mugging SN1, SN2, E1, E2, formation of epoxides, steric hindrance, stereochemistry, and blah blah for o-chem, I'm looking forward to spamming FFs.

I don't know. You did 5 hrs of FF per day? Whoo, I shall see what I can achieve.

Summer break is almost here!
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford