make bp less powerfull?

Options
Dragslave - Dreamweaver
Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
so... ive been reading a lot of posts about removing BP... im not saying it should be done ofc.. but... how about making it less "lifesaver" make normal BP restore 1% hp instead of 2 and sage 2% intead of 3... half the sins and BMs in server would become healing dependant again... since most of them are fails only saved by bp anyway. the damage wouldnt be affected but at least some instances wouldnt be able to be soloed by any "bought FC" fails.. after all sins need bp to hold aggro and stay alive, BMs.... well BMs need it cause they die on everything w/o it really and seekers with no shame cry if they dont have bp (my wiz is AA and i hold aggro w/o recovering hp everytime i hit, and tehy also have +30 def levels from buff... lame)
or at least add casters a magic bp... and we would own in everything in this game...
opinios? real ones QQ and trolls idc...
Post edited by Dragslave - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's not the skill bloodpaint that makes soloing stuff possible, it's the highly refined gears people got. BP just makes it easier.

BP holding agro? How? And as far as my BM is concerned... he's a solid A build, he doesn't die on everything without BP.

And yea, of course give casters something that sucks back hp. Not like most casters got a heal already. I can totally see that making sense, a ranged person dropping a mega high hit on you and getting hp back. Sounds legit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • _Ruxandra_ - Raging Tide
    _Ruxandra_ - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I dont understand you people. why you want bp to be removed or less powerful, is jealous and hate because they solo alone or what exactly bother you at bloodpaint? I just dont get it. I know all you haters re magic classes but what do you magic class win if they remove bloodpaint, lower hate?
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sins need bp to hold aggro and stay alive

i cant get BP and i have no trouble tanking and staying alive.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No don't get rid of it, make it a heal over time, similar to BM Diamond Sutra and so it only works on the sin who casts it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yer,make it so only sins can use it,makes more sense that way...a sin isnt spost to be a buff giver class anyways

its just like certain psychic buffs being castable on other folk....i occasionally,beleive it or not,get asked for my psychic buffs,,,and im thinking the whole time "why in lord`s name do you want my rather meager sheilding?im not a cleric,go away"

they need to fix this....make these things self cast only
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yer,make it so only sins can use it,makes more sense that way...a sin isnt spost to be a buff giver class anyways

its just like certain psychic buffs being castable on other folk....i occasionally,beleive it or not,get asked for my psychic buffs,,,and im thinking the whole time "why in lord`s name do you want my rather meager sheilding?im not a cleric,go away"

they need to fix this....make these things self cast only

Every buff, even small helps
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nerf bp? Make BP self casting only?

Are you guise on crack?

BP is not quite of a "life saviour" and we know that. High healing ability with bp is only possible through high refine levels and high aps gear, even though we still use **** meats to keep hp stable.

BP only reduces the amount of extern heal needed. Also: Sins, BMs and Seekers are the most addicted to **** meats and charms through all the game, if you other classes used as much **** meats as we use, you would probably have the same survival index.

The point is: You wizzies rely only on buying mp food, hence why you die that much. If you had same lvl refines & shads and used to consume as much **** meats as we do, you wouldn't be complaining here.
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOL "****" meats!
    edited February 2012
    Options

Are you guise on crack?

But Mommy, I just turned 21, can't I still use my training wheels please....
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    suggestion: limit the max healing per second from it
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • DillySins - Heavens Tear
    DillySins - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    or just stop the petty crying and find another class to nerf?
  • Mrs_Vivian - Dreamweaver
    Mrs_Vivian - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok so whats this really nerfing BP and removing it? why to **** over melee classes? i have Dubbles of every class in game different culti's and i can see a logical reason to nerf blood paint. Let me just state a few facts....

1. most casters have self heals that do not require sparks as with melees like barbs and bms they do

2. my R9 psy solos caster nirvy with hardly a tick with self heals, why does it need bp same with wizzy demon R9 self heals.

3. sins them selves have no heal skill other than blood paint, another thing sins are light armor which makes them alot more squishy than your heavy armor barbs bms and seekers to begain with. thus they actually need blood paint.

4. another fact about day to day quests, if your a caster and mobs are hitting you alot during your average quests, your doing somethign wrong. every caster in this game has a knockback or stun skill most have a seal or freeze skill also.

I probably wont reply to anything else you all say, but ill closs with this, they already nerfed 5.0 and yes its if very noticable on bm and sin, whats with the QQing about blood paint now? i mean really before it was nerfing aps now that they weakend 5.0 you want them to take away blood paint? talk about a load of **** you people always got something to cry about roll another class and see, BP doesnt save every ones life like you all think, how about try playing a class before you talk about nerfing it or making something else stronger.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    from my perspective making something you paid for useless will **** off some... I think they've done enough pissing people off and should keep their customer base. If they wanted to do something about it they had a chance with this expansion but the instance that has been added offers no resale value for the players.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Flipping morons.

BP isn't nearly as imba as you make it seem. I'm a 3.33 Sage with +6 G13 Nirvana and I'm squishy as damn. On the other hand, someone I know is 2.86 Sage with +12 R9 and he soloes freaking Snakefist.

For example, I just spent some time in Old Unicorn Forest doing quests. God I hated it, mostly because... wait for it.... BP is turned to utter **** due to the mobs having low life and being level 150. The combination of those two means: I heal for **** and they still deal the same damage. Trust me, without BP I would never go to OUF.

Then again, I have "only" 6,508 life.

People need to stop complaining about BP when it's not the issue, the refines are. This can easily be inferred from a few examples:
    1. Archers being able to tank and solo things with fists
    2. Sins sucking even with BP on lower levels
    3. Sins sucking even with BP without decent refines
    4. Archers/BMs/Barbs/Sins being absolutely ridiculous with high refines

If they're going to nerf BP, they sure as hell better give every single sin out there a proper, working means of exchanging their bound gear and spent skills for those of other classes, or for Gold/Coins. Which they won't. Thus, they won't nerf BP. Not that it would change anything, it'd just make R9 archers that much more ridiculous.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If they're going to nerf BP, they sure as hell better give every single sin out there a proper, working means of exchanging their bound gear and spent skills for those of other classes, or for Gold/Coins. Which they won't. Thus, they won't nerf BP. Not that it would change anything, it'd just make R9 archers that much more ridiculous.

Wow, this is a rare moment...

/facepalm
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    o.o seems from what i can gather that bp,and sins specifically arent the entire problem

seems like there is massive imbalance between the classes,every single one of them

it seems the root of this class imbalance disorder run much deeper than just sins and bp...im no pwi historian,but im fairly certain there were complaints of imbalance before tideborn even existed no?

i think it has something to do with the gear and skills as there being added...

perhaps it would be a wise idea to literally restrict certain classes to certain armor and weapons..it would seem like that would slowly force everything back into place

instead of rediculous things like archers using melee fists....why didnt they just start a bm or something if they wanted melee? i think there doing it not because of there own sole fault,but because the imbalance allows and/or forces it
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yet another one of these "I really suck at playing my class so it's only fair to **** the other classes over to make me better" thread. FFS deal with it or GTFO.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
    edited February 2012
    Options
    it seems the root of this class imbalance disorder run much deeper than just sins and bp...im no pwi historian,but im fairly certain there were complaints of imbalance before tideborn even existed no?

Nix bleed QQ. Veno soloing everything QQ.

I think PW did an excellent job of making the EG classes pretty well balanced against the original ones. TB still haven't been properly balanced against the original or newer classes.

And for the record, I really don't care about BP, it's saved me from charm ticks, that's for sure, but there's nothing I can't do with BP that I can't do without. I see it as a crutch that so many people can't live without... kinda like blessings and hyper stones.

I just like the QQ. b:surrender
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nix bleed QQ. Veno soloing everything QQ.

I think PW did an excellent job of making the EG classes pretty well balanced against the original ones. TB still haven't been properly balanced against the original or newer classes.

And for the record, I really don't care about BP, it's saved me from charm ticks, that's for sure, but there's nothing I can't do with BP that I can't do without. I see it as a crutch that so many people can't live without... kinda like blessings and hyper stones.

I just like the QQ. b:surrender

+1

pw messed up pve, when they made tanks and healer obsolete...

but instead of fixing it once and for all they mess up more by adding caster nirvana...

hope the next patch will be a full skill revamp
    + fix flesh ream/remove it <3
    + remove exp frost
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Wow, this is a rare moment...

/facepalm

Of course, giving out gear in exchange for a nerf won't happen, that'd be some serious favoritism. Then again I hear tales of PWE returning gear that was scammed or lost somehow.

But who knows. PWE put in an APS "nerf" and has fixed some glitches that parts of the population liked, e.g. caster nirvana and CC. So maybe they would have the guts to make sins less of a walking god.

Though if that happens I would probably just get my archer to 100, get him R8, account stash most of my gear from my sin and /care. With a good enough timing, I would have myself a good archer with 250m spare coins to fund him with. That'd be tasty.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • ungauata
    ungauata Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    so... ive been reading a lot of posts about removing BP... im not saying it should be done ofc.. but... how about making it less "lifesaver" make normal BP restore 1% hp instead of 2 and sage 2% intead of 3... half the sins and BMs in server would become healing dependant again... since most of them are fails only saved by bp anyway. the damage wouldnt be affected but at least some instances wouldnt be able to be soloed by any "bought FC" fails.. after all sins need bp to hold aggro and stay alive, BMs.... well BMs need it cause they die on everything w/o it really and seekers with no shame cry if they dont have bp (my wiz is AA and i hold aggro w/o recovering hp everytime i hit, and tehy also have +30 def levels from buff... lame)
    or at least add casters a magic bp... and we would own in everything in this game...

ur fail just like ur other ih post
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Are you guise on crack?

BP is not quite of a "life saviour" and we know that. High healing ability with bp is only possible through high refine levels and high aps gear, even though we still use **** meats to keep hp stable.

BP only reduces the amount of extern heal needed. Also: Sins, BMs and Seekers are the most addicted to **** meats and charms through all the game, if you other classes used as much **** meats as we use, you would probably have the same survival index.

The point is: You wizzies rely only on buying mp food, hence why you die that much. If you had same lvl refines & shads and used to consume as much **** meats as we do, you wouldn't be complaining here.
    BS. With BP you don't need cleric at the end of game. It's not just supportive healing is fully functional healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

whats that song called..oh yeah..SHUT UP YOU TALK TO MUCH,AND NEVER SHUT UP CAUSE U TALK TO MUCH..there i love that song

need bp due to lack of clerics and the ever growing failure clerics.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    for saying: save the QQ replies... noone read that part i see...
    i wont answer to all the fail **** i read ofc... but i will say that i have a sin.. 5 aps +10 so i know what im talking about.. and my wiz is rank 8 +10 with good refines (for a non cash) and i can say that ive seen MANY fail 4k hook and thorn sins do stuff that a caster with similar equipments could never do (booses i mean) so bp IS a big help..
    ofc in well geared and refined ppl it wont be vital... but im talking in the general of the game.. and when melees have an isntance that between aps and bp they can farm all day long duo or trio why casters couldnt have something similar??? is asking for equality... not QQ... again... i have my sin and can farm nirvana all day long... but it still sucks cause i like my wiz more and caster is reduced in the amount u can make.
    and ofc i know bp wont be nerfed and all.... is just a way of seeing what other ppl opinions are only... i was bored and have never posted so i wanted to see if i get any answers... lol
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

need bp due to lack of clerics .

Never thought that clerics made alts because they felt not needed anymore ?

Still..BP is a life saver if u do high damage, but even then, I saw a lot of sins in my bh's that "thought" they would heal fast enough with it and died.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Are you guise on crack?

Yes, sins, BMs and Seekers totally use more "****" meat than barbs. Seems legit.
  • Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear
    Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    never happy... even when they r op in tw, one shotting non aa users left and right...

all classes have pros and cons u moron... u cant have it all. but i mean we could let AA users have bp but then sins must be able to get there physical attack multiplied by 2... i mean fair is fair.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Look, APS and BP broke the game balance and mechanics.

Now that people have spent REAL WORLD MONEY on them, it's a bit unfair to nerf either.

The only real way to 'fix' this is to give the classes that can't get BP or use APS a similar advantage.

It comes down to, Sin, BM, and to a lesser extent, Archer and Clawbarb are worth playing to people, but the casters are not. Leave the Sin, BM, Archer, and Clawbarb alone and fix the casters. Otherwise, you're gonna have a lot of people pissed off who spent large sums of money on this game.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • alpha777
    alpha777 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Look, APS and BP broke the game balance and mechanics.

Now that people have spent REAL WORLD MONEY on them, it's a bit unfair to nerf either.

The only real way to 'fix' this is to give the classes that can't get BP or use APS a similar advantage.

It comes down to, Sin, BM, and to a lesser extent, Archer and Clawbarb are worth playing to people, but the casters are not. Leave the Sin, BM, Archer, and Clawbarb alone and fix the casters. Otherwise, you're gonna have a lot of people pissed off who spent large sums of money on this game.

Look, Jolly Jones blessing, spark burst and R8/R9+10-12 broke the game balance and mechanics.

Now that people have spent REAL WORLD MONEY on those gear, it's a bit fair to nerf that.

The only real way to fix this is to remove jolly jones blessing and the bonus add-on from rank / TT gears.

It comes down to Sin, BM and Veno that are only accepted in squads because of the the fastest killing speed. Not even clawchers/clawbarbs are wanted because they are thinking that they would do good and end up either re-rolling to sin and BM or +10 (or better) their gears because there are clerics that are tired of trying to heal them. Where 5 APS on sin, 5 APS with HF on BM, amp and myriad rainbow is only needed for the quick kills. People will still be pissed off, no matter what the devs do, may as well fix the problem.
  • jeremyhuff
    jeremyhuff Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok so whats this really nerfing BP and removing it? why to **** over melee classes? i have Dubbles of every class in game different culti's and i can see a logical reason to nerf blood paint. Let me just state a few facts....

1. most casters have self heals that do not require sparks as with melees like barbs and bms they do

2. my R9 psy solos caster nirvy with hardly a tick with self heals, why does it need bp same with wizzy demon R9 self heals.

3. sins them selves have no heal skill other than blood paint, another thing sins are light armor which makes them alot more squishy than your heavy armor barbs bms and seekers to begain with. thus they actually need blood paint.

4. another fact about day to day quests, if your a caster and mobs are hitting you alot during your average quests, your doing somethign wrong. every caster in this game has a knockback or stun skill most have a seal or freeze skill also.

I probably wont reply to anything else you all say, but ill closs with this, they already nerfed 5.0 and yes its if very noticable on bm and sin, whats with the QQing about blood paint now? i mean really before it was nerfing aps now that they weakend 5.0 you want them to take away blood paint? talk about a load of **** you people always got something to cry about roll another class and see, BP doesnt save every ones life like you all think, how about try playing a class before you talk about nerfing it or making something else stronger.

+1 for everything u said. id also like to add that u guys all need to grow up and stop finding something to cry about just to get ur senseless opinion heard. get rid of bp? this is the stupidest QQ post ive seen in a long time. why dont u make it where clerics can only self heal ? makes no sense right? just do what u do and stop crying over everything that you dont have. get over urself i dont see sins crying because we cant get 30k hp like barb's. u guys **** people off crying every day about the same things.