Sooo... Did clerics get screwed on new skills?

Options

Comments

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    bump. Clerics Got Majorly Screwed.

^ +1000000000000
  • TigerLillian - Archosaur
    TigerLillian - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So like.. where do you get the new skills?b:surrender
  • hishkari
    hishkari Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    just a question regarding violet dance.

cooldown is 15 secs... does it apply only when switching to MM? or does it apply when switching back to normal mode as well?

i mean if you cast it to enter MM, can you cast it right away to go back to normal mode?

does it work like the accelerate flight speed? even when its in cooldown you can click it to remove the accelarate speed bar.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It applies when switching back. Also if you use all your chi, or mp your stuck in the form.

Saying that cleric can't DD is a myth. It's only more complicated to pull out has much damage other caster class do. but it's not impossible.

The no exp loss is a win IMO.

Yes violet from is maybe not the most elegant magic damage booster we could have hope for. But we got it.

Also there's the skill to prevent the 1 shot kill, that Regen 50% hp after the damage. I can already see 2-3 being easier, and having a few more sec vs sins.

It's been 4 year, and we finally have some new skill to change the game play. What ever the skill be good or not, I say it's a win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hishkari
    hishkari Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It applies when switching back. Also if you use all your chi, or mp your stuck in the form.

Saying that cleric can't DD is a myth. It's only more complicated to pull out has much damage other caster class do. but it's not impossible.

The no exp loss is a win IMO.

Yes violet from is maybe not the most elegant magic damage booster we could have hope for. But we got it.

Also there's the skill to prevent the 1 shot kill, that Regen 50% hp after the damage. I can already see 2-3 being easier, and having a few more sec vs sins.

It's been 4 year, and we finally have some new skill to change the game play. What ever the skill be good or not, I say it's a win.

well, I guess that needs a bit of adjustment, even in that small way.

yep, actually, by the looks of it, the devs got the TW in mind when creating the new skills, most of them works with pvp or tw only, not with mobs...

and I'd say the Violet Dance is a winner to those with overups (+12 in all equips) when it comes to pvp or TW...
    remember you don't have much time to heal in TW with everything that's going on(possible exception for clerics who focus support on catapult barbs) with archers and sins focus-attacking you, healing doesn't help much unless your heals are instant cast.

but i still have to admit, the Violet Dance doesn't have much of use in pve, or FB runs because we need to heal and BB... but still, with Violet Dance we can already hit hard on PVPs / TW.
    go for overups, you'll get the full potential of Violet Dance.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    clerics have never been awesome dds...
    therefore not many people wanted more than ONE of them in squad...
    now we got squads with up to 10people and clerics got a slight damage boost if needed...
    violet dance's mainuse is in pvp but hey its metal mage mode enjoy it!

do you see venomancer complain about not being able to cast magic in foxform?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @OP:

I like how for some reason, no one chooses to point out what Absorbing Array can do. Are you blind or just too stupid to understand? Do you have any idea what that skill can do? Any idea at all how it fits into clerics' style of PK?

In case you haven't noticed, other classes got PvP only skills too. Do archers QQ about their one skill that increases charm cd? Do barbs QQ about their skill that knocks airborne opponents to the ground? No...they don't. New skills got added for all classes, and clerics got very powerful ones. Quit QQing.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    From what I can see and what I have heard, The new cleric skills are garbage compared to the rest...

I have never seen in any game ever so much crying by one class in my intire life. Cleric ablities in this game pretty much exceeds what the same type class can do in all the other rpg games I have played.

When will you get it in your think heads you are a support class
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @OP:

I like how for some reason, no one chooses to point out what Absorbing Array can do. Are you blind or just too stupid to understand? Do you have any idea what that skill can do? Any idea at all how it fits into clerics' style of PK?

In case you haven't noticed, other classes got PvP only skills too. Do archers QQ about their one skill that increases charm cd? Do barbs QQ about their skill that knocks airborne opponents to the ground? No...they don't. New skills got added for all classes, and clerics got very powerful ones. Quit QQing.

So that skill prevents charm ticking woooohooooo.
    Compared to stealth or time-reversal techniques. Clerics got MEDIOCRE skills.

Don't try to tell me otherwise, The majority agrees with me.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    WOW you actualy thing sins can stealth over and over again, the only thing that would make this skill totaly usefull in pvp is if it had no cooldown
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

No they don't. The majority is in-game and is happy. The majority realize the level 80 version of violent dance that you can get on day one is obviously going to be less effective than the upgraded version of the skill. The majority never step foot on the forums. QQ more your tears aren't salty enough yet.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options

It doesn't prevent charm from ticking, charm will tick but its heal will be absorbed by the debuff. Please remove foot from mouth.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:angry
    Go nap Qui.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:angry
    Go nap Qui.

__Ob:sleep
    b:infuriated
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i like the cleric's ability to absorb heals. its actually quite effective if you ask me. from some play testing ive done between barb/cleric, my cleric can completely block charm ticks and ToP if the "anti-heals" are kept stacked. IE - the charm tick goes into the ether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't care what anyone else says, as far as I'm concerned the no exp loss skill is pure win. Enough win that I'm actually considering playing a cleric again when the expansion goes live. b:cute

As far as I know the only class that totally got useless skills is the assassin. Mostly because we did not get the few skills that we really needed. Most of the skills we got are pvp or the other 2 are not even really for us but the squad.

Cleric being able to get a skill that makes sure they have 0 exp losss... is a total win. Even if that is the only skill you got its still a GREAT skill.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eh why did they give them dd mode that blocks healing and supporting then? Since they have a lot of heals and support spells i guess they had to put something but this? Is that the best they could come up with? Ffs even wield thunder packs more power than this new transformation. b:sad
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options

NEVER !

Accepting this kind of reasoning only limit the player to have full potential of his class and fun time.

No one will ever set limit on what I want to do even if I want to try to take Harpy by myself. ( Already did and fail miserably but hell it was fun )

I chose the cleric class for 2 reason,

1- I like to be independent, and provide support when I want to, and cleric are always welcome.

2- In all the game I play, I play them the most possible hardest way I can. And cleric is the ( according to other people ) worst DD class, making it the worst pvp class. Then making my fun to play this game 100x fun. You may kill me 50 times in a row. But if I manage to kill you 1 time, my day is made.

Support class is a myth, your only setting your mind to believed that cleric can't compete. And I'm very sorry to ear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Eh why did they give them dd mode that blocks healing and supporting then? Since they have a lot of heals and support spells i guess they had to put something but this? Is that the best they could come up with? Ffs even wield thunder packs more power than this new transformation. b:sad

humm from what I understand, in violet form, cleric kinda become the opposite. Absorbing array and Aurora array prevent target(s) from healing them self, and it transfer a % to the cleric, like Hp drain. But it only work in pvp and if the defending player use crab, charm or healing skill.

Now think about it a bit, Both skill can be stack and last up to 30 sec, in that time it can absorb around 2 crab meat hp value.

If a sin can't kill the cleric 1st, and he is prevented from healing, he become way more killable. This add to all the other classes.

cleric can't see stealt sin, sin can't heal. I think it's a fair trade.

EDIT : Also add the 2 other skill, if the killing blow can be cast on himself, and the 15% + bonus to hit a critical. I think most physical class will fear a full skilled cleric in purple dance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well tbh, the new cleric weapon alone does more dmg to mobs than a +6 tt99 glaive with a sapphire gem embedded - regardless of what other gears you have or what your stats are. I personally think that as far as PvE dmg goes - its a really inexpensive way to get on-par with rank 8/nirvy in terms of damage. OTOH - the weapon sucks for healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    idk why clerics QQ your new skills all pwn, you can switch between modes which is a huge + and the skills you get are all very usefull if you ask me.

Look for comparison to other classes new skills: sins = wtf lol?

Archer skills are pretty useless ( yes stealth on archer is useless since other sins,seeker,mystics can see you what is the point in stealth these days?)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's easy enough to account stash and focus on another mage class so I don't understand what all the qq is about. Most people are too simple minded to ever accept that classes were fairly well balanced already (pve).
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    New skills are 100% not worth learning, unless you die a lot (you are the fourth last to die supposedly). The reality of the typical mage in RPG games are useful for Supporting because of low overall damage and of coursethey lowest survivability. A mage without spells that support literally are just a waste of time. Real damage classes are scouts because of overall damage and critical. Be glad PW did not make the mages suck horibbly with their attack spells like in some games. So the new skills for a support mage are something for an archer or assassin. It is not even for the caster classes because it is useless for a caster to boost more damage for the cost of max HP that they have too low for.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    New skills are 100% not worth learning, unless you die a lot (you are the fourth last to die supposedly). The reality of the typical mage in RPG games are useful for Supporting because of low overall damage and of coursethey lowest survivability. A mage without spells that support literally are just a waste of time. Real damage classes are scouts because of overall damage and critical. Be glad PW did not make the mages suck horibbly with their attack spells like in some games. So the new skills for a support mage are something for an archer or assassin. It is not even for the caster classes because it is useless for a caster to boost more damage for the cost of max HP that they have too low for.

Wut's a Mage b:question
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well i just got going toward the no exp loss cleric skill, but i had to pick up the violet dance for farming.

I never heal during farming if possible. total waste of mana on anything but killing.
    so i dont need my heals. you can still use purify. good enough on spiders in nabalanche canyon.

SO, violet dance=free dmg buff
    SO, jones+violet dance+really f'n nice farming gear i have collected over time= plume+cyclone=dead spider.

if the spiders are thick enough, i just shoot nonstop.

i can also get 4 1 shot's off with cyclone on a 3x spark if i have all 4 spiders in range.
    i like 4 shots, 4 dead spiders.

my cleric is L96, same as the spiders. weak/sac assault=1shot cyclone. crit=1 shot on anything but enh life. IDK, maybe an alm's bowl tome could have given me the damage to do this without violet dance, but that is 400mil at the rice soup catshop i dont have to spend now.(not that i would anyway lol)

all the spiders cry when they see the purple haze coming their way
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and for those saying a cleric is only a healer class, i say, keep different sets of gear so you can still be the awesome healer or take care of other business.

the gear makes a huge difference in what you can and cannot do. if im farming i only need damage and mana. a prot cube neck+cloudcharger robe +20vit tome+ warsong belt=WAY USELESS for farming. that stuff is great to take a melee beating though., or i guess you could say "tank gear"

mix and match for healing depending on how rough the dungeon is or what the mobs of concern are. have enough magic and maybe lose all the crit stuff so you lessen the chance of pulling any aggro, then beef up on the rest in case a mob gets loose on you

dial in the dmg and the def to suit the occasion.
    Then a cleric doesnt have to compromise one bit to maintain the ability for stellar heals and still do other things.

also, do you know how good of dd's cleric's make? they know what to shoot and where NOT to run ahead since they have been wiped many times by other noobs demonstrating the fail.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the exp loss skill is quite useless cuz it costs too much money and time to get. might as well stock up on guardian scrolls. how many times do u expect to die?
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the exp loss skill is quite useless cuz it costs too much money and time to get. might as well stock up on guardian scrolls. how many times do u expect to die?

I doubt it's about the money.

Clerics have been complaining about being the only ones who have to deal with losing experience. So here's a way out of that.

Now those people have absolutely no reason to complain. If they do, they're just lazy.

I likes.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options

Around 1 million times....

So I read sin QQing they have no skill....

Like the most OP class in teh game in PVE and PVP need more OP skill....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Around 1 million times....

So I read sin QQing they have no skill....

Like the most OP class in teh game in PVE and PVP need more OP skill....

Sins are without a doubt the worst class in TW, theyre terrible in GV, and in pvp where more than one person is involved -.- its been 2 years... sins are a balanced part of the game and this isn't going change... people with your QQsins attitude should really just find another game... do you really think your ******** will make the devs change sins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.