Sooo... Did clerics get screwed on new skills?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Go to search and Type in under User. Futurelord - Dreamweaver.

Open every thread I ever commented on and you will only see things cleric related.

I dislike your types so much. No offence but to care about exp that much at level95+ (You can only get that passive buff a level 95, around the time most people just FC rush to 100) is just sickening. Only people who should care about this are the ones planning to get to lvl105. Even tho you did not say it outright, You implied for this very skill, clerics did not get screwed over. GRRRR! (RAGE TO THE 100TH DEGREE!!!)

or even lvl102 from 95

ur an idiot...sry...but how much xp do you lose upon death at 101....or 100 even?

That skill alone is AWESOME for a cleric...who's gonna rez them on a wipe and they're the cleric in squad? Died to lag? np... just release...no loss.

Just because your goal was lvl101 does not mean most players will want to stop there.

The End
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    or even lvl102 from 95

ur an idiot...sry...but how much xp do you lose upon death at 101....or 100 even?

That skill alone is AWESOME for a cleric...who's gonna rez them on a wipe and they're the cleric in squad? Died to lag? np... just release...no loss.

Just because your goal was lvl101 does not mean most players will want to stop there.

The End

Actually my goal was never to level but to have fun.

Who the hell necroed this thread?

"That skill alone" is completely worthless in a pvp aspect and doesn't even take effect in a pve aspect unless you die.

I just got my lvl100 seal of the god skill today. Been workin on getting that for 4 years now. I love how it bypasses the anti stuns, totally changed my survivability rate by 50%.

At lvl100 I lost less then 1%. At lvl101 I still lose less then 1%. In all honesty there are way to many ways to gain back "Huge" amounts of exp for a cleric to complain about dying at these levels. But meh.

Calling someone an idiot is rude. You're rude.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Calling someone an idiot is rude. You're rude.

I called you an idiot for making a point factual for all clerics. Your point was based on your own goals/play method...or clerics wanting 105 leaving nothing lower as a goal.

To be completely honest about where I'm coming from here, my in game wife is a LEGIT 101 cleric (never used a hyper or FC'd). Now she's on her way to 102...slowly...but think of how much that skill will help.

Now, so far from what I've seen of all skills, that skill seems to be the best. All other skills I've seen so far are for show (other than 1 or 2 barb skills).

As a LEGIT 101 archer...I'd LOVE to have that skill (or BP with my claws QQ)!! I'd solo FC (without hypers ofc) every day! I died!! Oh wells...go back in try again...no xp loss.

Get the point?

Oh and MY skills...meh...I don't PvP so the stealth is useless (CAN'T MOVE).

Sins...shaddap...I have a sin...what more do you need for skills?
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh and MY skills...meh...I don't PvP so the stealth is useless (CAN'T MOVE).

I can totally see 1 or more archers waiting lazily in one empty portion of a location for anyone without the ability to see stealth players to pass by. Surprise butt sex seems like a useful tool. >.>

The no exp lost skill in and of itself is decent. But the idea of a skill that does not increase survivability, damage, healing power, or even give you an awesome aura passively is a bit meh. It does nothing to increase or add on to what a cleric is or what they are capable of.

Even for clerics that only do PvE, to get this skill above all others that make killing easier or surviving easier is just illogical. Useful if you die...but illogical non the less.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I can totally see 1 or more archers waiting lazily in one empty portion of a location for anyone without the ability to see stealth players to pass by. Surprise butt sex seems like a useful tool. >.>

The no exp lost skill in and of itself is decent. But the idea of a skill that does not increase survivability, damage, healing power, or even give you an awesome aura passively is a bit meh. It does nothing to increase or add on to what a cleric is or what they are capable of.

Even for clerics that only do PvE, to get this skill above all others that make killing easier or surviving easier is just illogical. Useful if you die...but illogical non the less.

Perhaps you're logic is flawed. In fact, that seems to be the only logical conclusion of this whole debacle.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sins get the worse expansion skills out of all the classes, and you don't see me complaining.

Oo we can make you drop DQ, ooh we can see what you have in your inventory, ooh I can stealth my squad for 5 seconds. All of them aren't really useful.

Not that I have the right to, considering we're really OP regardless.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sins get the worse expansion skills out of all the classes, and you don't see me complaining.

Oo we can make you drop DQ, ooh we can see what you have in your inventory, ooh I can stealth my squad for 5 seconds. All of them aren't really useful.

Not that I have the right to, considering we're really OP regardless.

oh shush about your skills youve broken the game enuff they actually give you a skill that encourage's ganking your victims lol I know tons of ppl that would use that to farm dq all day long if they could.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Since most of the Violet Dance skills are offensive debuffs that don't deal damage, you can cast that on opponents without interrupting sleep. These also give you new things to inflict during Seal of God. It totally fits into the cleric's play-style of preparing for kills as well as support teammates in a new way. Of course, a healing cleric is still irreplaceable, but this gives clerics new options, especially in fights where clerics are in such abundance that some of them can DD. Defensively, clerics have plenty of skills that help in survivability. Extra pdef buff, Plume Shell, damage reduction, etc etc...I don't see why clerics would need more. Patch the rest up with genie skills and charms like everyone else.

MM form itself boosts all attacks by a percentage of your weapon attack. This bridges the damage gap between clerics and wizards in some of their bigger nukes depending on Soul Force:

Without Violet Cloud:
    400% wep dmg + ~13k for Tempest vs 500% wep dmg + ~14k for BIDS
    200% wep dmg + ~6k for Wield vs 300% wep dmg + ~6k for Glacial Snare, Sandstorm.

I don't know what ridiculous damage boost you were expecting, but any other class would have welcomed such a boost. It's equivalent to having a second mastery.

You know what...keep complaining about the 0 exp loss passive. If you can't appreciate these additions, you're probably as replaceable as a buff/macro slave. What did you want, a bigger heal? So people can say to you "that's nice, excuse me while I solo this on my sin"? Unless there comes a drastic change in PvE, PvP is where clerics are always important because of the class' ability to support and cripple, and for one to complain about the fact that PW improved exactly that is just terribad.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Since most of the Violet Dance skills are offensive debuffs that don't deal damage, you can cast that on opponents without interrupting sleep. These also give you new things to inflict during Seal of God. It totally fits into the cleric's play-style of preparing for kills as well as support teammates in a new way. Of course, a healing cleric is still irreplaceable, but this gives clerics new options, especially in fights where clerics are in such abundance that some of them can DD. Defensively, clerics have plenty of skills that help in survivability. Extra pdef buff, Plume Shell, damage reduction, etc etc...I don't see why clerics would need more. Patch the rest up with genie skills and charms like everyone else.

MM form itself boosts all attacks by a percentage of your weapon attack. This bridges the damage gap between clerics and wizards in some of their bigger nukes depending on Soul Force:

Without Violet Cloud:
    200% wep dmg + ~6k for Wield vs 300% wep dmg + ~6k for Glacial Snare, Sandstorm.

I don't know what ridiculous damage boost you were expecting, but any other class would have welcomed such a boost. It's equivalent to having a second mastery.

You know what...keep complaining about the 0 exp loss passive. If you can't appreciate these additions, you're probably as replaceable as a buff/macro slave. What did you want, a bigger heal? So people can say to you "that's nice, excuse me while I solo this on my sin"? Unless there comes a drastic change in PvE, PvP is where clerics are always important because of the class' ability to support and cripple, and for one to complain about the fact that PW improved exactly that is just terribad.

Defensively guardian light last 10 seconds with a 5 minute cool down making it next to useless under normal circumstances. Wings of protection will only help you against 1 hit as just about everyone can 1 shot everyone else these days. Plumeshell, my darling Plumeshell, has always been a 50/50 skill. With the abundance of aps a person can drain your mana within a second or two. I believe clerics are doomed without their mana. The only defensive method I have ever used that was 100% fool proof and had absolutely no negative side to it was spamming Ironheart on myself. Still capable of being outdamaged but not to the point that its useless. I never asked for a new defensive skill, I'm just pointing out the fact that one can not think of a 0 exp lost passive as more useful then something to increase def or attack or even make us look pretty.

Correction, It's the equivalent of being under RB but without the channeling speed increase...Not everyone has a +12 weapon to get its higher increase.

Those two statements conflict each other.

Red Texas Blue.b:chuckle
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Without Violet Cloud:

other classes doesnt have to suport catas, and arent already squishy. and other mages get their own defensive buffs prior to cleric's buffs. the point was that we didnt even want the dmg boost, if it was a defence boost then yes we are welcome since we do have to take lots of hits in tw cos everyone always aim for the clerics first. the 3 skills that clerics and instant get lvl 80 skills.

violet dance
    decreases your hp. and you canot heal when you are in violetdance(metal mage form whichc is almost useless in tw/pvp and it pve obv cleric's job is to heal and if you cant heal then people wouldnt want a cleric in the squad) and it has a cool down of 15 secs so you cant really switch back and forth to heal/debuff with the new debuff/dd.

absorbing ray
    8 secs cd
    Inflicts an aura on your target that absorbs healing
    equal to 10% magic attack plus 675.
    hardly spamable. even tho it is spamable. and one IH would heals through this debuff.

aura ray
    18 sec cd
    same as above but aoe.
    not spamable either, and is same as above.

the 0 exp lost passive. its not like you get it right away, it is 675 influence to buy iirc. and its not a big deal as you say people lose exp all the time and gain it back woopdie. not all cleric's goals are lvl to 105. at 100 most clerics dont even care if they lvl or not.

the 0 exp should be for lower lvl when they WANT to lvl.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sins are without a doubt the worst class in TW, theyre terrible in GV, and in pvp where more than one person is involved -.- its been 2 years... sins are a balanced part of the game and this isn't going change... people with your QQsins attitude should really just find another game... do you really think your ******** will make the devs change sins?

so u quote me but I don't follow you on your argument.

So your saying the most power full pvp class is the worst in it's field of work.

Well maybe it's because you lose the advantage of surprise in TW that sin suck so much. It does not change the fact that they can sneak in most class back, and stick a knife in them. IMO that's the most power full thing any class can do. All other class have to use genie, pot or bully there way trough the player attack to get them down. Not the sin.

So sin suck at GV. So what, they can make 10x more money in NV. Cleric got GV, Sin got NV, stay in your sand box.

Pvp whit more then 1 person... well wow what an argument. Any player getting gank will suck at pvp, DAH ! Unless there rich SOB that have R9 +12, even then, I know a few that don't like to get gank.

Do you actually have any argument that proves your point. If you can call that point, all I see is information that applies to any class. WHY do sin suck in TW ? Tell me, Then also answer to me why every GV I do there's a sin in my team ? And then try to explain to me how any other class don't suck in multiple player vs player. ( just an other word for TW if u ask me.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    other classes doesnt have to suport catas, and arent already squishy. and other mages get their own defensive buffs prior to cleric's buffs. the point was that we didnt even want the dmg boost, if it was a defence boost then yes we are welcome since we do have to take lots of hits in tw cos everyone always aim for the clerics first.

That was in response to that one cleric's "it doesn't give a lot of damage" post If you don't want a damage boost it's not hurting you either.
    the 3 skills that clerics and instant get lvl 80 skills.
    violet dance
    decreases your hp. and you canot heal when you are in violetdance(metal mage form whichc is almost useless in tw/pvp and it pve obv cleric's job is to heal and if you cant heal then people wouldnt want a cleric in the squad) and it has a cool down of 15 secs so you cant really switch back and forth to heal/debuff with the new debuff/dd.

A lot of classes cannot heal period...it's not useless in PvP because the point is to cripple a priority target and get him easily killed when his charm ticks but no hp gets healed. It has no application in PvE just like a lot of new skills added for other classes.
    absorbing ray
    8 secs cd
    Inflicts an aura on your target that absorbs healing
    equal to 10% magic attack plus 675.
    hardly spamable. even tho it is spamable. and one IH would heals through this debuff.

aura ray
    18 sec cd
    same as above but aoe.
    not spamable either, and is same as above.

Yet it's stackable by multiple clerics...So what if it gets countered easily by an enemy cleric? Isn't it **** to attempt to take out a target with stacking clerics backing him up in the first place? If anything, it's less **** to focus down a cleric-supported target afflicted with this because at least some of the heal is being nullified.

Does that mean debuffs and amps in general are useless? You know what else is not spammable and easily countered?

Blood Vow
    Cooldown 5 minutes

Requisite Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon
    The most devoted Archer would offer his own blood to the arrows
    to make them more deadly. This attack deals basic damage to the
    target plus 4444, and reduces target's maximum HP by 18% for 30
    seconds. Then, it strikes the target for x1.5 of base your damage, and intensifying damage it takes by 25%.
    One hundred percent accuracy.

Requires one Spark

Can be countered by a single Purify.
    the 0 exp lost passive. its not like you get it right away, it is 675 influence to buy iirc. and its not a big deal as you say people lose exp all the time and gain it back woopdie. not all cleric's goals are lvl to 105. at 100 most clerics dont even care if they lvl or not.

the 0 exp should be for lower lvl when they WANT to lvl.

The point of my post was to point out that the 0 exp loss passive wasn't the only thing clerics got and that arguing back and forth over this one skill like this is going to ruin the expansion for all clerics is stupid.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Emphy - Sanctuary
    Emphy - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i was hoping this new expansion would end the imbalance in game , but i guess believing in PW to fix this was to far fetched, the expansion in my opinion was a waste of time as a well as a failure to me at least it was the last nail in the coffin, i will not be playing or putting in any more money into this game, my advice to any one playing any arcane character is to get out before you spend to much money on a character that eventually will become useless as time passes. i will stop in now and then to say hi to my friends and see how they are doing.
    I wish you all luck in the game maybe some day they will get it right
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i was hoping this new expansion would end the imbalance in game , but i guess believing in PW to fix this was to far fetched, the expansion in my opinion was a waste of time as a well as a failure to me at least it was the last nail in the coffin, i will not be playing or putting in any more money into this game, my advice to any one playing any arcane character is to get out before you spend to much money on a character that eventually will become useless as time passes. i will stop in now and then to say hi to my friends and see how they are doing.
    I wish you all luck in the game maybe some day they will get it right

Stop complaining. This is the best expansions since genies were introduced. You say casters are going to be useless but I don't think sins are going to crit barbs for 50k any time soon without some major debuffing.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Stop complaining. This is the best expansions since genies were introduced. You say casters are going to be useless but I don't think sins are going to crit barbs for 50k any time soon without some major debuffing.

>.> Since when did sins need to one shot people to kill? 5 aps and a little cherry on top is good enough.

Hi FanFon!!!

On another note, Seal of the God is not as useful as I thought it would be in TW. I'm getting yelled at for making the enemy impossible to kill lol.b:surrender
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    >.> Since when did sins need to one shot people to kill? 5 aps and a little cherry on top is good enough.

Hi FanFon!!!

On another note, Seal of the God is not as useful as I thought it would be in TW. I'm getting yelled at for making the enemy impossible to kill lol.b:surrender

HI Futurelord

Try to 5 aps a r9 barb to death............. R9 seekers are a pain....... Psys are always an anti sin before r9. Anyways isn't one of your skills a magic damage inflicting debuff it the target tries to do anything with a 30% proc rate? It's not like all of your new skills are useless for pvp.

Back to my point this has been a pretty decent expansion.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    HI Futurelord

Try to 5 aps a r9 barb to death............. R9 seekers are a pain....... Psys are always an anti sin before r9. Anyways isn't one of your skills a magic damage inflicting debuff it the target tries to do anything with a 30% proc rate? It's not like all of your new skills are useless for pvp.

Back to my point this has been a pretty decent expansion.

I think it was physical damage, the damage being affected by the cleric's magic attack. I'm not sure how that is translated but I imagine it would have to be a R9+12 to even dent the hp of a HA or LA. I could be wrong on that. Either way it hasn't been introduced into the game yet so we have to wait to find out.

The expansion is good, the content is decent, the cleric skills are nice, the lost of survivability from no heals from DD mode sucks, the lost of aoe buffs and Resurrection is just pointless.

From my cleric's viewpoint, i give it a 4 out of 5.