Sooo... Did clerics get screwed on new skills?

_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
From what I can see and what I have heard, The new cleric skills are garbage compared to the rest...
Facebook.com/foxi187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't care what anyone else says, as far as I'm concerned the no exp loss skill is pure win. Enough win that I'm actually considering playing a cleric again when the expansion goes live. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    From what I can see and what I have heard, The new cleric skills are garbage compared to the rest...

Go to search and Type in under User. Futurelord - Dreamweaver.

Open every thread I ever commented on and you will only see things cleric related.
    Person wrote:
    I don't care what anyone else says, as far as I'm concerned the no exp loss skill is pure win. Enough win that I'm actually considering playing a cleric again when the expansion goes live.

I dislike your types so much. No offence but to care about exp that much at level95+ (You can only get that passive buff a level 95, around the time most people just FC rush to 100) is just sickening. Only people who should care about this are the ones planning to get to lvl105. Even tho you did not say it outright, You implied for this very skill, clerics did not get screwed over. GRRRR! (RAGE TO THE 100TH DEGREE!!!)
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Cleric
    Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, max hp decrease by 10%, increase 40%-80% weapon dmg. 15chi

Ray meditation: available in transformation mode, stop your target hp recovery(and charm recovery) by 15%base atk + 675HP. can be stacked to max 2000-18000HP(SF),last 30sec. 18sec cooldown.

Aurora Magic Ray: available in metal mage mode, AOE version of Ray meditation.

Arc ray of disease: debuff ur target, increase the chance of taking crit dmg by 15%.

Sincere: give ur target Deaden Nerves buff, recover 50% hp when taking effect, last 8sec.

The blessing of the gods: no exp lose upon death.
    WHY ARE U Q.QING?

Tianyin thunderstorm symbol: metal mage version of soul burn! debuff ur target , each time he try to atk or use skill, he has 30% chance take phy dmg equal to ur magic atk. last 1min. 50chi

Tian Yu Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, increase 60%-100% weapon dmg. 15chi

sounds good for tw
    -Ray meditation
    -Arc ray of disease
    -Sincere

sounds good in pve
    -Arc ray of disease
    -Sincere

not sure why ur upset?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't get it either. Clerics got superior heals and buffs already. What else is left?
    I remember people QQing about clerics and attacks. there you go.

I for one am very very happy with the 0 exp loss skill. As for the other stuff... I'll get it over time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The answer is 100% yes b:angry

And no I will not go into explaining again that this is a healing class not a dd class...as in you cannot heal during some of those skills...people that want to dd can or should have rolled a wizz.

~flame on~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I dislike your types so much. No offence but to care about exp that much at level95+ (You can only get that passive buff a level 95, around the time most people just FC rush to 100) is just sickening. Only people who should care about this are the ones planning to get to lvl105. Even tho you did not say it outright, You implied for this very skill, clerics did not get screwed over. GRRRR! (RAGE TO THE 100TH DEGREE!!!)
    105 is my ultimate goal for every character I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012

Cleric
    Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, max hp decrease by 10%, increase 40%-80% weapon dmg. 15chi

Ray meditation: available in transformation mode, stop your target hp recovery(and charm recovery) by 15%base atk + 675HP. can be stacked to max 2000-18000HP(SF),last 30sec. 18sec cooldown.

Aurora Magic Ray: available in metal mage mode, AOE version of Ray meditation.

Arc ray of disease: debuff ur target, increase the chance of taking crit dmg by 15%.

Sincere: give ur target Deaden Nerves buff, recover 50% hp when taking effect, last 8sec.

The blessing of the gods: no exp lose upon death.
    WHY ARE U Q.QING?

Tianyin thunderstorm symbol: metal mage version of soul burn! debuff ur target , each time he try to atk or use skill, he has 30% chance take phy dmg equal to ur magic atk. last 1min. 50chi

Tian Yu Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, increase 60%-100% weapon dmg. 15chi

sounds good for tw
    -Ray meditation
    -Arc ray of disease
    -Sincere

sounds good in pve
    -Arc ray of disease
    -Sincere

not sure why ur upset?

I assume by your underlining that one skill that you consider this to be useful. See above post.

For the idea that Ray meditation and the other 2 skills are good for TW, you realize a cleric has to go into DD mode (That untill proven otherwise don't give enough of a damage increase to warrant the lost of our healing) to use these other skills right? A cleric would have to literally switch from being an actual cleric that everyone love and enjoy (Sickening how the "clerics cant DD!" "Clerics should only heal squad!" people make it sound) to a DDing cleric, as that will be the only thing you can do in this mode beside debuffing targets.

As for PvE, To go into DD mode to debuff anything would be bad if your the only cleric and people are being attacked. (Unless its an all aps squad that dont require your heals) Since you lose the ability to heal your teammates, the reason you are there I believe.

105 is my ultimate goal for every character I have.

Sickening... This is my new catchphrase. Unless there is a significant benefit to being 4 levels above 101 thats required for R9 aside from the ones given to sins, I don't see why you want this so badly.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012

And no I will not go into explaining again that this is a healing class not a dd class...as in you cannot heal during some of those skills...people that want to dd can or should have rolled a wizz.

~flame on~

Awww... don't you appreciate the EP who likes to metal mage? b:chuckle

b:avoid
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Sickening... This is my new catchphrase. Unless there is a significant benefit to being 4 levels above 101 thats required for R9 aside from the ones given to sins, I don't see why you want this so badly.

The level cap is not 101, it is 105. If you are content to not finish leveling your character, great. I like to finish what I start, and IMO a character is not "finished" leveling until the game will no longer let it earn exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012

~flame on~

Hi, I am Futurelord and I have enjoyed seeing you stalk the forums for years now. I present to you a challenge, ME.

I would like to point out that the role DD and the role TANK along with the role HEALER were only applied to classes that were good at each role. However with the introduction of cheap Rank gear, Nirvana, Refines and aps, these roles no longer apply to each indivisual class as they once did.

So I say this...

A cleric that wants to DD and has the capability to "Hurt" something a lot better then 3 out of the other 5 people in squad should certainly be allowed to do so, as long as noone is dying from lack of heals. The same goes for a cleric who is capable of keeping aggro and tanking. Not needing heals from another class is a plus.

Never say reroll because it insults the very reason people choose certain classes, they "enjoy" said class. Now if you don't mind, take off those ugly shoes and put on new ones. I don't care if you love them, I think they are ugly and should not be worn by you. Hell they aren't even fit for running in them. No I don't care if you enjoy running in them too, they are not fit for running so you should take them off.

Edit: My apologies I went off topic there. I will state one suggestion.

Make the final form of DD mode (100%) even "remotely" as powerful as lvl11 psy voodoo and it will be worth the lost of all healing abilities. Our version of losing def levels.

Double Edit:
    Go to search and Type in under User. Futurelord - Dreamweaver.

Open every thread I ever commented on and you will only see things cleric related.

I find it hilarious how accurate this is!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Awww... don't you appreciate the EP who likes to metal mage? b:chuckle

b:avoid

*sigh* Michael b:chuckle

Hi, I am Futurelord

Hi and yes I know you and seen you around. :)
    I would like to point out that the role DD and the role TANK along with the role HEALER were only applied to classes that were good at each role. However with the introduction of cheap Rank gear, Nirvana, Refines and aps, these roles no longer apply to each indivisual class as they once did.

Sadly, this is correct in some sense, however it does not take away from the purpose of a Cleric = meant to heal/buff/survive/SUPPORT. Yes, I am well aware that Clerics can and are VERY good solo classes, I know I solo'd a LOT of bosses. Overall though a Cleric is a support class. You know the little helpers.

How many "fail" Clerics you see that do not even know what Plume Shell is or that IH is a better heal then Blessing of the Purehearted? I know you know those Clerics, you know the ones that think they are a Wizz and refuse to buff, heal or even revive? I HOPE that those Clerics that have Revive Level 1 will have to MAX it before they can get the No Exp Loss Skill (which I think is stupid anyways and also do not agree with that)
    A cleric that wants to DD and has the capability to "Hurt" something a lot better then 3 out of the other 5 people in squad should certainly be allowed to do so, as long as noone is dying from lack of heals. The same goes for a cleric who is capable of keeping aggro and tanking. Not needing heals from another class is a plus.

A Cleric will never match the Attack of certain other classes with the same gear/refines/shards. That is just the nature...Now, have an overly geared Cleric versus a Lame geared Wizard of the same level and by default yes, the Cleric would deal more damage. Additionally, in DD mode (until proven otherwise) no heals means not even heals for yourself, so if defeats the purpose of a Cleric being able to tank/keep aggro. :)
    Never say reroll

I said SHOULD have rolled, I did not say "reroll"...A Clerics "job" is to heal and support. In the way PW is now, EVERY class seems to think they can be something that their class was not originally intended to do. Yes, I am old school and MANY know that, hell I think R9 for Clerics is even horrible and I can make a case for it as well (although it is a novel and far off-topic here).

Make the final form of DD mode (100%) even "remotely" as powerful as lvl11 psy voodoo and it will be worth the lost of all healing abilities. Our version of losing def levels.

So then while you are DD'ing and your squad is potentially dieing, the DD mode was worth it? Clerics usually die when their squad dies (if in a semi-non-lame squad). But then again, if you cannot even heal yourself....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I am not seeing much information on Tianyin thunderstorm symbol.
    Is there any more info about it? Which order etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I HOPE that those Clerics that have Revive Level 1 will have to MAX it before they can get the No Exp Loss Skill (which I think is stupid anyways and also do not agree with that)

You don't agree with clerics having level 1 Revive or you don't agree with getting a no exp loss skill?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    You don't agree with clerics having level 1 Revive or you don't agree with getting a no exp loss skill?

Both I do not agree with. Personal opinion yes but how I think, I respect other's opinion on it though, I just do not agree. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I HOPE that those Clerics that have Revive Level 1 will have to MAX it before they can get the No Exp Loss Skill

I'd go even further here. Level 11 rez requirement for the skill. Why would you expect to get this wonderful skill for yourself when you don't give it to others? lol

It saddens me how many clerics got r8 and good gears but not even level 11 rez. My clerics pretty much retired but she's got demon rez. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    I'd go even further here. Level 11 rez requirement for the skill. Why would you expect to get this wonderful skill for yourself when you don't give it to others? lol

Agreed. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Purple Night Dance sounds sexual and violent! b:dirty
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Both I do not agree with. Personal opinion yes but how I think, I respect other's opinion on it though, I just do not agree. :)

Well now....b:shutup

The cleric I actually play has demon rez.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    *sigh* Michael b:chuckle

Your relationship with him seems interesting (Stares)

Hi and yes I know you and seen you around. :)

Oh goody I have a reputation.

Sadly, this is correct in some sense, however it does not take away from the purpose of a Cleric = meant to heal/buff/survive/SUPPORT. Yes, I am well aware that Clerics can and are VERY good solo classes, I know I solo'd a LOT of bosses. Overall though a Cleric is a support class. You know the little helpers.

You are correct of course.

How many "fail" Clerics you see that do not even know what Plume Shell is or that IH is a better heal then Blessing of the Purehearted? I know you know those Clerics, you know the ones that think they are a Wizz and refuse to buff, heal or even revive? I HOPE that those Clerics that have Revive Level 1 will have to MAX it before they can get the No Exp Loss Skill (which I think is stupid anyways and also do not agree with that)

I dislike fail clerics with every fiber of my being.

A Cleric will never match the Attack of certain other classes with the same gear/refines/shards. That is just the nature...Now, have an overly geared Cleric versus a Lame geared Wizard of the same level and by default yes, the Cleric would deal more damage. Additionally, in DD mode (until proven otherwise) no heals means not even heals for yourself, so if defeats the purpose of a Cleric being able to tank/keep aggro. :)

To this I want to point out the fact that most tanks cant heal themselves, they are tanks mostly because they can actually survive whats being dealt out for a certain about of time. (With heals, forever) The only thing needed is to keep aggro. DD mode can take care of this part. You can bring another cleric along to heal you (Since there are plenty that don't believe in the DDing/Tanking role). Of course a cleric can tank/keep aggro without DD mode thus allowing them to heal themselves and not need another healer (or take the drastic route and charm tank) But that would require a little more effort to keep aggro and would eliminate the only skill I consider worth using in PvE. (Demon spark on a boss with a 15% chance to crit debuff on it)

I said SHOULD have rolled, I did not say "reroll"...A Clerics "job" is to heal and support. In the way PW is now, EVERY class seems to think they can be something that their class was not originally intended to do. Yes, I am old school and MANY know that, hell I think R9 for Clerics is even horrible and I can make a case for it as well (although it is a novel and far off-topic here).

I'm only getting R9 cause it's the only possible way to survive against all the aps (and other R9 players) these days, only the best clerics will survive with R9 anyway. (The weapon gives you the power to lay waste to most foes, an alternate form of keeping yourself alive, by not having anyone hitting you anymore lol)

So then while you are DD'ing and your squad is potentially dieing, the DD mode was worth it? Clerics usually die when their squad dies (if in a semi-non-lame squad). But then again, if you cannot even heal yourself....

I would hope the cleric knows when and when not to DD in this case. A squad can go on without a cleric in a lot of situations (We are talking lvl95+ when these skills are even available to us)Thus allowing us to make ourselves useful another way. Alternate situation is having a 2nd cleric dedicated to healing. You can play backup cleric while in the meantime actually being useful to the squad by DDing in DD mode. (Our weak DDing power being the reason we aren't invited for many things other then to heal in the first place) Maybe It would finally get me in those delta squads where I can actually DD instead of BB (I mean if your gonna bring a veno or a sin along...You can't complain about our damage, Atleast we do better aoe damage then the sins and (venos?), complain when it comes to overall damage to bosses, then try to out DD the sin yourself.

someone teach me how to break up quotes like her...

Edit: This took me so long so many people have posted before me (Cries)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    The cleric I actually play has demon rez.

I see what you are doing there b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    someone teach me how to break up quotes like her...

Break up the text and put the quote tags between them.

Anyway, it seems like the no xp loss passive can take up to a month to obtain (like most other skills). I'll probably save it for last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1291871

Case in point. Don't repeat yourself within 30 minutes of asking the first time.

I love how this thread is dominated by cleric posters.

Edit: A Direct link for the lazy and or unfortunate.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15365691&postcount=208
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2012

~flame on~
    As a former cleric for a year i have to say i totally agree. Can't tell you how many times i was told you are not a DD plz heal more. Finally after awhile i took it too heart and i was known as a decent cleric after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I actually thought it was in the cleric subforum until you mentioned it b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    As a former cleric for a year i have to say i totally agree. Can't tell you how many times i was told you are not a DD plz heal more. Finally after awhile i took it too heart and i was known as a decent cleric after that.

I'm know as the awesome cleric that shield tanked/AD several goonz (Stupid squad giving no warning they were gonna do the stupid glitch before I joined) while ressing everyone who died and then proceeded to kite the goonz while they recovered. (Then quit squad cause I don't like surprises.)

You can be an awesome cleric without healing, assuming you can take the aggro of mobs or bosses hitting other people or kill them before said person dies. Healing is the job for those who can't "Do their job" any other way. That job being to keep people from dying, not to save their precious charms and save their precious hp food. (Not that I let them tick and waste, I tell them before hand not to use said items and if im forced to keep them from ticking/wasting food that I will not be pleased)

Cough.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    You can be an awesome cleric without healing

b:sweat

PS --> My other Cleric survives just fine without R9. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    b:sweat

You know its true. I make it a point to rarely use indefinite words like "will make" just so that i'm rarely wrong.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1291871

Case in point. Don't repeat yourself within 30 minutes of asking the first time.

Edit: A Direct link for the lazy and or unfortunate.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15365691&postcount=208

I have already read both of those....
    The first link doesn ot have any info on I am not seeing much information on Tianyin thunderstorm symbol. Second link only shows me what it does...
    I want to know where you get it.

Oh yeah I repeated because my post was ignored.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    You know its true. I make it a point to rarely use indefinite words like "will make" just so that i'm rarely wrong.

Not true in my eyes, a Cleric that does not heal is a waste of the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]