Are Barbs still needed and respected?

Options
13»

Comments

• Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Barb always be needed. No one can tank better than a Barb.

They maybe have low magic defense but they have high physical defense and Hp which keep them from dying faster than any other classes.

I found myself with many failed Barb on Archosaur server, I normally see them go Aps instead of Tank. Many peoples don't really need Barb for damage dealing anyway, because there are so many classes that play as damage dealers.

My guess peoples sometime don't like doing things slowly, that why they prefer Sin (Sin dead faster than any classes, reason they steal aggro easier than other classes)b:chuckle

About the topic, Yes. Barb do need some respect but only if you a good kind. Not a blood thirty type. So let just be a good kitty (That what people call us) and give them all the support they need. Just be brave and keep every monsters from harming your friends
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    We're needed but not respected. I've been lvl'ing my barb recently, and I constantly come across idiotic high levels who think they can tank better than me and end up killing themselves. Most recently, I had a lvl 96 cleric in my BH51, who refused to stop stealing agro off my lvl 65 barb despite repeated requests not to. She almost died on fushy, and then at wyvern she did die, taking a sin with her, and then I had to go save the squad by running the boss away.

When she came back the second time, she stole agro yet again, but let me tank the last half of it. At about 1/4 hp she pretended to go afk so I would die from lack of heals (I wasn't very popular at that point), but I simply ran the boss away again until she "came back".

The seeker in the squad even had the nerve to ***** at me, saying that I have all these agro skills, how could I possibly not keep agro off a cleric 31 levels above me? Unfortunately he wasn't the brightest seeker, and kicked me just *after* the last boss died (presumably to stop me getting drops, or else he was too slow to get me out before the boss died), but his inventory was full so I ended up getting them all anyway xD
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    We're needed but not respected. I've been lvl'ing my barb recently, and I constantly come across idiotic high levels who think they can tank better than me and end up killing themselves. Most recently, I had a lvl 96 cleric in my BH51, who refused to stop stealing agro off my lvl 65 barb despite repeated requests not to. She almost died on fushy, and then at wyvern she did die, taking a sin with her, and then I had to go save the squad by running the boss away.

When she came back the second time, she stole agro yet again, but let me tank the last half of it. At about 1/4 hp she pretended to go afk so I would die from lack of heals (I wasn't very popular at that point), but I simply ran the boss away again until she "came back".

The seeker in the squad even had the nerve to ***** at me, saying that I have all these agro skills, how could I possibly not keep agro off a cleric 31 levels above me? Unfortunately he wasn't the brightest seeker, and kicked me just *after* the last boss died (presumably to stop me getting drops, or else he was too slow to get me out before the boss died), but his inventory was full so I ended up getting them all anyway xD

My clerics been killed from "I R tank" barbs. It can be hard to heal yourself, dd, hold aggro, and worry about tanks that don't understand the phrase "I'll tank." Honestly, you probably killed her, not a tanks job.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Shame that my cleric never said "I'll tank".

She just ignored *all* attempts at communication. Pro cleric.
    She was probably european, most of them know english but refuse to speak it for some reason, and a squad without good communication always fails.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI