Are Barbs still needed and respected?

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    On my barb I've been putting together the squads lately, and when I recruit randoms, I have a hard-set rule of "no more than one sin per squad." Generally this results in the weeding-out of the impatient kiddies, because if one of them DOES get in the squad, they'll usually ragequit five minutes in when they realize it won't go half as fast as they'd like it to go. Well, either that, or they can stay and continue to complain loudly until I kick them (which, admittedly, can be very therapeutic). :P

Either way, I wholeheartedly recommend this tactic.

This x100.

I used to employ the same tactic when I ran FFs on my Barb. It usually led to some form of QQing more often than not:

~Pre 89 Sin: QQ I cant solo shades by myself...need second sin
    (Fine, I'll pull the mobs to the Shade and we'll AoE it and its friends to death in 10 seconds flat)

~90+ Sin: QQ Runs take too long! Y U NO bring moar sins?
    (Because there's enough of them running around as is and other classes need runs too? b:surrender If time's such a constraint, start a stealth squad or dont run till you've got time for it...)

Of course there's the 89+ sins who know how to handle themselves and have decent gear, but those are few and far between b:laugh

(God forbid that the non-sins are the ones who QQ about slower runs...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    na when u make a sin its to make a faster run
    when u make a barb its for balance and fun.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Heheh, over a month since I last posted in this thread and the "one sin max" policy still works very, very well. :P I've even friended a couple of the good ones on my Barb, who now has a healthy-sized friend list full of people to call on for FF (many of them clerics). He's 95 now, and I'll be quite sad when he hits 100 (and when most of my friendlist does as well) because I've had some awesome, very fun and balanced FFs in recent weeks. :D (and those are end-runs, too)

So to recap:
    1. Start squad yourself.
    2. Tap your FL first.
    3. When using WC to fill in the gaps, only allow a max of one sin. If people ask why, tell them what Euthymius said. XD If multiple sins PM you trying to get in that one spot, pick the one with the most interesting name (and I'm serious about that, too... you'll find that the ones who put thought into their names are far more competent than the guy named XxXSTEALTHXxX).
    4. Bonus points if you can create a rainbow squad! :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I personally love Barbarians, even more so on Cleric/Psychic. Sadly there's only a handful of them that I know. Super fast APS squads are needed sometimes but I really love doing runs the "oldschool" way or whatever you'd like to call it. A balanced and fun run. For example, I like normal full delta much more than "spawn" one. It may take longer but there's more to do there and you can have some nice chats while waiting on the mobs.

I often make BH squads myself and whenever a Barbarian whispers me I take them along, for the very reason that they are neglected. The same applies to the other classes. I usually allow multiple Assassins in squad if there's a shortage of whispers.

So yeah, it's what has been said. Don't except to be respected by non-"oldschool" players.

Pick the one with the most interesting name (and I'm serious about that, too... you'll find that the ones who put thought into their names are far more competent than the guy named XxXSTEALTHXxX).

Quoted for truth. Seriously.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I personally like to let as many as 3 random sins for a squad; cleric and a magical DD. All the random sins I come across are very "horny." Whenever I run with one, they think they can pull the whole room! (It doesn't matter what instance it is Hall of Deception or Gate of Delirum)

When they die, its the famous- "Why didn't you heal me cleric?" or the "You're a fail barb that doesn't know how to pull" sentences.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Making FCC squads I liked:

A Barb (pulls, buffs, devour)
    A Cleric (buffs, heals, debuffs)
    A Bm (Aps, buffs, HF)
    A Sin (Aps, paint for the barb)

and had two spots. My general policy was take at least one caster as a form of... giving back? Balance? Good will and philanthropy? I don't know. I <3 venos for their amp and sparking my cleric, and a Wizards water buff adds a decent amount of dmg. Anyways, as long as I had one caster the last spot could be anything.

And yes, barbs are still needed. Not so much respected, but needed. It more depends on the instance. Just like having a cleric around when you don't really need one, at least you have their buffs and the comfort factor that they're there if sht goes down. Good barbs you respect based on how they handle big pulls, how they assist on big bosses, and how well they watch the squad.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    lol I think barbs are needed these days.. and used... especially when it comes to FCs, TTs and other instances... However many seekers can take over barb's role when it comes to pulling, and any sin/seeker/ bm can do a great job as a tank as long as they have some good gears and buffs... Still it's pretty sad to see less barbs these days QQ. I miss those tough kitties T_T.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    all depends on there build and if there good or not..i farm nv just fine on my barb and we have only one person there thats 5 aps or even 3 aps and a veno lol.you just have to know what your doing.b:victory
  • Aezwen - Archosaur
    Aezwen - Archosaur Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Please lv 90+ barbs
    Help the new kittens out
    I know a few lv 50ish barbs that try to tank but it appears that barbing is a difficult class to master
    If the oldschool players can help them figure out what to do, pwi would be a much better place for clerics (sins are very hard to heal)
    b:lipcurl please fix my avatar
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    pre 90 FC squads I always went with this:

Me (Barb)
    Cleric (I don't accept mystics, period.)
    Veno (for amp)
    BM
    Sin
    AoE DD (Pyschic, Wizard, Seeker, Archer, BM)

It worked rather well for me.

90-98 FC squads I was even more strict.

Me (Barb)
    Cleric
    x2 BMs (sometimes went with 1 BM 1 seeker)
    x2 Sins

Those group set-ups got me the quickest and smoothest FC runs I've ever had. As my wife is a cleric, finding 2 BMs and 2 Sins doesn't take long when you've got a puller and healer already.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Nope.
    People are selfish, use them for their own needs up until they get to where they want.
    Sins rely on them, up until nirvana, then no body wants them.
    Clerics as well, but they have more of a fighting chance to get into squads like nirvana.

Its understandable why barbs are a dying race, people need to get their own gear and such, so they make other classes to get to their goal, most obvious one is a sin.

<100 Barb
    <100 Sin

I know a barb who really felt discriminated against when Caster's Nirvy came out, because for some reason barbs are the only ones who cant go. I think that was a big mistake. Why would anyone do the harder and longer run when they can get by in a Caster's Nirvy? They would have to be hardcore nostalgic players in most cases.

Of course barbs are needed and preferred in most squads. I cant imagine a TW without them. And its not really a question of players "using barbs till they are not needed", but it is selffishness on certain chars parts, to not want to help their previous friends advance. I also dont know why the devs seemed to forget about the barb when they made Caster's Nirvy.

Caster's Nirvy was a great addition to the game for mages - it made all mages needed, some thought should of been put into the fact that barbs cant go, and since everyone but them is going, the chances of getting a regular Nirvy squad are slim to none.

The barb I know really only ever plays for TW now - and thats no good for anyone.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    I know a barb who really felt discriminated against when Caster's Nirvy came out, because for some reason barbs are the only ones who cant go. I think that was a big mistake. Why would anyone do the harder and longer run when they can get by in a Caster's Nirvy? They would have to be hardcore nostalgic players in most cases.

Of course barbs are needed and preferred in most squads. I cant imagine a TW without them. And its not really a question of players "using barbs till they are not needed", but it is selffishness on certain chars parts, to not want to help their previous friends advance. I also dont know why the devs seemed to forget about the barb when they made Caster's Nirvy.

Caster's Nirvy was a great addition to the game for mages - it made all mages needed, some thought should of been put into the fact that barbs cant go, and since everyone but them is going, the chances of getting a regular Nirvy squad are slim to none.

The barb I know really only ever plays for TW now - and thats no good for anyone.

Anyone can go to a caster nirvana, they just need their talisman from BH. However, the barb would be basically useless except for poison fang damage basically. 600 dmg a hit in a caster vana is...

Bobobe, I see alot of barbs chosing their FCC squads because they can. They are one of the harder classes to find to FCC and so if they make the squad people want to go with them because the squad is basically set. And these barbs always pick 2-4 aps characters to run with them. Personally, these barbs deserve to get ditched at 100 if they prefer aps characters so much. When they get ditched its by people doing the same thing that they do, picking aps over others. As people point out for Nirvanas, the addition of multiple aps characters only shaves off a few seconds.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited February 2012
    ...so if they make the squad people want to go with them because the squad is basically set.

Im sorry but thats simply not true. Maybe if the 'APS Monopoly' was broken up somehow, but thats the only thing that may work. And then you have to worry about making all the APS cranky if you do.

Why not just give a barb something that gives him value in Caster's Nirvy? Ive never made a barb, but that idea of stronger aggro didnt excite the one I know when I just told him, lol.

I dont think games are made to punish players or leave them completely out of something. I could be wrong - could people be playing games so they can experience what its like to be rejected and discarded at certain points? o.0

If real life doesnt give 'em a clue on what those feelings are like, I doubt an MMOs gonna do it. b:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    ...so if they make the squad people want to go with them because the squad is basically set.

Im sorry but thats simply not true. Maybe if the 'APS Monopoly' was broken up somehow, but thats the only thing that may work. And then you have to worry about making all the APS cranky if you do.

Why not just give a barb something that gives him value in Caster's Nirvy? Ive never made a barb, but that idea of stronger aggro didnt excite the one I know when I just told him, lol.

I dont think games are made to punish players or leave them completely out of something. I could be wrong - could people be playing games so they can experience what its like to be rejected and discarded at certain points? o.0

If real life doesnt give 'em a clue on what those feelings are like, I doubt an MMOs gonna do it. b:chuckle

I think you misread. I said if they are making the FCC squad its pretty much set, not the nirvana squad. Barb finds a cleric for FCC and the squad is set, other 4 spots can be whatever and it'll still succeed just at varying speeds.

And why would dev's need to give barbs something extra to be good at caster Nirvana? They're already one of the best aps classes around with two of the best buffs, best hp return, great survivability, 100% accuracy, 50% pdef debuff for almost no chi and damage on par with BMs. There is no need for them to go into the special olympic version of Nirvana with lower hp dumbed down bosses and increased drop rates. Not every class needs to be equally good at everything.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Anyone can go to a caster nirvana, they just need their talisman from BH. However, the barb would be basically useless except for poison fang damage basically. 600 dmg a hit in a caster vana is...

Bobobe, I see alot of barbs chosing their FCC squads because they can. They are one of the harder classes to find to FCC and so if they make the squad people want to go with them because the squad is basically set. And these barbs always pick 2-4 aps characters to run with them. Personally, these barbs deserve to get ditched at 100 if they prefer aps characters so much. When they get ditched its by people doing the same thing that they do, picking aps over others. As people point out for Nirvanas, the addition of multiple aps characters only shaves off a few seconds.

Speaking on forming FC, I ran 2 tonight, both very differently. I have a friend that is a sin main. He pms me on his mystic to do FC. I switch over. Squad is 2 sins, Seeker, BM, me and Mystic. I'm liek, ok melee squad whatever. Were all 82-89. I wasnt so sure of it, but whatever. Turns out, our squad dps as a whole was very low. I cant really help mine alot, Im a barb lol. But I tend to measure single target dps on the 2nd boss mobs. We had trouble killing the 2nd wave and the final wave we actually count kill. It was miserable lol.

I ran the next one with 2 seekers, me, veno friend, cleric, and a sin. We killed alot faster, did quite well. Not sure if thats because it was a 85-95 squad or what lol.

I did a run when I first started FC with me (79), 79 bm, 79 seeker, 84 wizzy, 81 cleric and 83 archer. We killed all of the mobs and did things faster than some 9x FCs I have been in. Fluke? I think it was just maximizing squad dps.

As for nirvy, I basically just take 2 ppl and roll with it. Me, my brother (Wiz), 5.0 sin friend, Cleric gf and 2 randoms. Sometimes another sin friend or a r9 seeker/wiz friend. Varies alot, but mostly the same. 2 spots for melees, 2 spots for support 2 spots for AoEs.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I actually didn't pick x2 sins and BM for APS purposes. Most of the time I had more sage's than demon's too. I went with 2 sins because a large portion of the time spent in FC is waiting for a sin to kill a shade. Bringing two drastically reduces idle time in FC, whether they are aps or not.

Bringing two BM's is because my wife isn't the best of healers (shhhh). I really value 2 BM's covering stuns on some of the pulls. And during boss fights, an extra HF goes a long way.
    edited February 2012
    As for nirvy, I basically just take 2 ppl and roll with it. Me, my brother (Wiz), 5.0 sin friend, Cleric gf and 2 randoms. Sometimes another sin friend or a r9 seeker/wiz friend. Varies alot, but mostly the same. 2 spots for melees, 2 spots for support 2 spots for AoEs.

Sounds like you have played long enough to have family & friends involved. Its not that easy for everyone.

I remember one day I thought he was going to quit playing his barb altogether. He had spent hours getting 3 people together for a regular Nirvy, when someone else jumped in and snatched them up in seconds for a Caster's Nirvy. Why not? Its easy for most DDs, and what mage class is going to opt for the harder run? *shrugs*

If devs like the fact this situation exists - if players like the fact they can't find a barb - then I agree. They should do nothing. Im not sure why any barb wouldn't want something that includes them.
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lol are u serious.."are barbs still needed"...all i have to do is say "r9 barb lookin for somthing to do in wc"...and ill get spammed so hard it laggs me..i have no problem makin fcc...nirv..bh...tt...anything...and when i go into pvp no one wil attack me cause they dont see many barbs and i think thats respect right there...plus we are one of the best classes for pvp and are AWESOME to play pvp so much fun...the people who quit playing a barb prob rolled a sin or bm...thoes are most likly fail barbs that never made it to end game to experince all the real fun...plus were a bich to take down :)
  • Axe_Lord - Heavens Tear
    Axe_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think the real issue is barbs that specialize too much one way or the other. The pure vit "I R tank" barbs that are great for TW really aren't useful in pve because they can't hold aggro from a sin sneezing. Then some barbs focus on DD too early and don't have the hp to tank and end up just as useless in PvE.

True but i got a str barb with a 68 dex and not a lot of vit in and so far i have np with tank boss.But at the end it not how your build is it how u play the game aps or tank.
    Well in time ppl will wand the good old tank barb back some ppl dont like the aps barb.
    to swap from tiger to DD to aps i think the barb kill him self if he do that and he got the boss on him. I dont see the point in swap from tank to DD to see how long u can hold a boss from a sin or a aps BM. If u ar 100% tank build as a barb u will have np with ppl ks from u it all in the time of the skills of the barb. u will get 1 or 3 ppl that ks from u but u can get it back with np.And i saw if the barb do a lot of damg to a boss and some on ks it thy die in one or 2 hits or thy back off so the barb can do his job.So for me if the barb die out i still will go on maybe I kill slow a boss but i still do the job I dont need to rush no fun in it.Like i tell pll if u cant kill it dont ks it from a barbb:laugh

b:victory It not how the build is it how u play the game at the end of the dayb:victory
    edited February 2012
    Sometimes I think people would rather tell someone else "you fail!" than to try to understand where they are coming from - and heaven forbid they show any sympathy.

If everyone already had R9, I guess it would be easy for any barb to get a Nirvy squad. At the very least - all those that never will have R9 will get to say, "we had a R9 in our squad! woot!" >.<

The problem does not lie in builds. The problem lies in greed and selfishness. If you are not seeking fast loot - what reason does any R9 have for grinding Nirvana? Sure, you do it for whatever you need it for. You go there to say you have been, and even to help friends. But, you aren't there cause you need gear (maybe an ornament or two, or something), but I dont see many people looking to get full Nirvy after already getting R9.

You may be there to collect cannies for coin for your +12 refines though. And you may even look at those few seconds you shave off as being money - time is money!

But there is a distinct shortage of barbs in the game for most of us to make squads with; and although seekers can help alleviate alot of the problem of finding a random tank - just as mystics can help during a cleric shortage with heals. The Seeker and the Mystic dont offer the same things. They dont have those cool buffs, lol.

It would be good for anyone with R9 to not pretend everyone enjoys the game the same as you do - its simply not true and would defeat the purpose of bothering to get R9. It would be good for anyone who plays with their entire college dorm to back them, or their large extended family to also not lump every player into your personal boat.

My barb friend started grinding Nirvy before Casters came out. He liked the gear better, not that he believed it would cost him less than Rank gear. Halfway through he's going to switch gears? o.0 I think he would have rather invested his time and cash into Rank gear had he known this was going to be the outcome of Casters.

Are barbs respected? On my server merchants want 40 million for Sunder. Is that respect...or greed?

All spells are high right now, but Ive been collecting my own since level 80 - and have noticed all along how barbs simply seem to get reamed on the price of ALL of theirs. <3

Enough from me. b:bye
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Don't forget barbs will also get frostblade from the wizzies.
  • Axe_Lord - Heavens Tear
    Axe_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Let get back to what was ask.{Are Barbs still needed and respected}

1 yes thy r still needed.Lot of ppl r looking for barbs for buff/ TT/ FF/ tw and RB so thy r needed still.

2 yes thy mus be respected still for many ppl for get barb help them to get where thy r now.

So to add it all up yes barb r still needed and mus bee respected for what thy do if it onliy for help to tank or buff.b:victory
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    in my opinion... respect is something that is earned with good attitude

you may have the best gears, be the best cata-puller in tw or an awesome RB puller... but if u r a QQ bit.ch or a drama starter or a greedy scammer... u would be the least respectable person on pwi, obviously.

in short... be helpful, be friendly, be an awesome fluffy kitty, stick to the 'code of barbs'... and thou shall be respected by others. b:pleased

p.s. selling urself as a 'buff prostitute' in tt or nirva is respectable job... sometimes b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    pfff not wasting my gear for silly fishes EVER.

the fish ask i ignore and show them the door no matter who it is as i do not respect

that class.

i am not the only one i bet AND sure i could jumped on a sin waggon easy with the gold i wasted but it make me sick.

ble hate fish for life

so play your own way but dont expect the love from this barb as he will not sell his soul
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Sometimes I think people would rather tell someone else "you fail!" than to try to understand where they are coming from - and heaven forbid they show any sympathy.
    Welcome to the PWI forums. >_>
    If everyone already had R9, I guess it would be easy for any barb to get a Nirvy squad. At the very least - all those that never will have R9 will get to say, "we had a R9 in our squad! woot!" >.<
    Not with APS around. The "twitchy-sin brigade" would sooner pick one of their own than any non-aps with r9. :P
    The problem does not lie in builds. The problem lies in greed and selfishness. If you are not seeking fast loot - what reason does any R9 have for grinding Nirvana? Sure, you do it for whatever you need it for. You go there to say you have been, and even to help friends. But, you aren't there cause you need gear (maybe an ornament or two, or something), but I dont see many people looking to get full Nirvy after already getting R9.

You may be there to collect cannies for coin for your +12 refines though. And you may even look at those few seconds you shave off as being money - time is money!
    Farm coin to buy gear, buy gear to farm coin... in the end, unless you plan to PVP (lol), it's not worth doing.
    Are barbs respected? On my server merchants want 40 million for Sunder. Is that respect...or greed?
    Neither - that's just the market.

It really sucks before you have the money to buy those books, I'll admit, but you have to look at their usefulness versus their cost. I wouldn't buy Sunder for anywhere near that price. But would I buy SoT for 20mil? Sure. Then I'd learn it. Then I'd buy another one for 20mil and resell it for 40mil, and I'll have my money back. :P If you're patient and observant, you'll catch a good deal in the AH eventually. As for money in general... do the cube, it can be very profitable if handled right. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    edited February 2012
    Welcome to the PWI forums. >_>

LOL..its just sad though. I would be grateful to have Carte Blanche for anything in the game I wanted, and not telling others they 'fail' simply cause they dont. It also doesnt help anyone do anything but not want to play. So, what it does do is make the obviously insecure feel more secure maybe?

Not with APS around. The "twitchy-sin brigade" would sooner pick one of their own than any non-aps with r9. :P

I could be wrong, but I dont think its a great idea to nerf APS as a response to the problem. I also dont know if any of the new barb skills could help my friend with being able to really do Casters. But it seems to me a lot better to give the barb something that would give him value in Caster's than to make nearly EVERY multi-char player in the game upset over it. Ive never seen a problem with squads getting a Sin for an FC. Every squad I have been in has at least one, and at times has 3. >.>

Farm coin to buy gear, buy gear to farm coin... in the end, unless you plan to PVP (lol), it's not worth doing.

LOL, sounds like a hamster on a wheel. xD Its worth it for the better TW factions.

Neither - that's just the market.

It really sucks before you have the money to buy those books, I'll admit, but you have to look at their usefulness versus their cost. I wouldn't buy Sunder for anywhere near that price. But would I buy SoT for 20mil? Sure. Then I'd learn it. Then I'd buy another one for 20mil and resell it for 40mil, and I'll have my money back. :P If you're patient and observant, you'll catch a good deal in the AH eventually. As for money in general... do the cube, it can be very profitable if handled right. :)

Thanks for the tip - I dont think he's ever done Cube. I know I havent. Ima scared! b:shocked

If its the market, why have I collected most all of my spells for 1.5 to 2.5 Million over the Summer? I recently paid 10 million for my Sage Craggy, and thats the most I have paid for any spell.

Since merchants on my server have 'discovered' Spell Books in general, I recently saw Resurrect for 50 million, and spells for a Mystic just as low leveled & 'waitable on' like Sunder are anywhere from 15 to 20 million. The merchants now camp the Auctioneer for the 'cheap leftovers' obviously. Makes me happy to be a girl, and glad I know to shop ahead. b:chuckle

It cant be the Market on my server. There are way fewer players than there were over the Summer - so the prices arent meeting the "Supply & Demand" standards. There ARE page after page of over-priced leftovers on the AH with noone buying them for at least the past month if not longer.

I cant wait for the Summer again! I wont be cold, and Ill have my last 5 spells without going broke. But Sunder was still 40 million over the Summer. I dont think the merchants actually planned on helping the barb shortage along - Im not sure they remembered that a player can just stop playing on their barb, especially if its not getting them where they want to be in the game anyway. b:shutup
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    LOL..its just sad though. I would be grateful to have Carte Blanche for anything in the game I wanted, and not telling others they 'fail' simply cause they dont. It also doesnt help anyone do anything but not want to play. So, what it does do is make the obviously insecure feel more secure maybe?
    Conceivably. :P Although I'm kinda confused as to what you want Carte Blanche on... the ability to use your own gears and not be judged for them? Because if it's that... just do it. Use what you want, and if anyone rages at it, consider them trolled. :P
    I could be wrong, but I dont think its a great idea to nerf APS as a response to the problem. I also dont know if any of the new barb skills could help my friend with being able to really do Casters. But it seems to me a lot better to give the barb something that would give him value in Caster's than to make nearly EVERY multi-char player in the game upset over it. Ive never seen a problem with squads getting a Sin for an FC. Every squad I have been in has at least one, and at times has 3. >.>
    But Flesh Ream isn't broken. APS is. If they "buff" Flesh Ream, all it's gonna do is make it impossible for non-APS DDs to steal from you, which in turn will create a whole new generation of people who wouldn't know DPS moderation if it bit them in the ***.

If its the market, why have I collected most all of my spells for 1.5 to 2.5 Million over the Summer? I recently paid 10 million for my Sage Craggy, and thats the most I have paid for any spell.

Since merchants on my server have 'discovered' Spell Books in general, I recently saw Resurrect for 50 million, and spells for a Mystic just as low leveled & 'waitable on' like Sunder are anywhere from 15 to 20 million. The merchants now camp the Auctioneer for the 'cheap leftovers' obviously. Makes me happy to be a girl, and glad I know to shop ahead. b:chuckle

It cant be the Market on my server. There are way fewer players than there were over the Summer - so the prices arent meeting the "Supply & Demand" standards. There ARE page after page of over-priced leftovers on the AH with noone buying them for at least the past month if not longer.

I cant wait for the Summer again! I wont be cold, and Ill have my last 5 spells without going broke. But Sunder was still 40 million over the Summer. I dont think the merchants actually planned on helping the barb shortage along - Im not sure they remembered that a player can just stop playing on their barb, especially if its not getting them where they want to be in the game anyway. b:shutup
    Markets are variable. Having dabbled in book-merchanting myself recently, I can tell you that the Sage Barb buffs are in very, very high demand. They always have been. Why? Because they're damn good, and because the majority of barbs go sage. The reason you'll find all sorts of lesser books in the AH for 1-2mil is because when people gamble on a book clip hoping for SoT or something, they usually get something else. I wouldn't say Sunder is anywhere near 40mil, but I guess those people just want to get their money back for the PoFs and then some. XD

And yeah, occasionally I'll have some person who can only offer me 5mil or whatever for the book I'm trying to merchant, and it really does pain me to tell them "no, I can't do that." But in many cases they are expensive for a good reason, and I have no guarantee that the other person isn't just another merchant who wants to profit from telling me a sob story. :-/ So I tell them the same thing I told you - go to cube. Get PoFs, sell them for 500k+ each, and you'll have the book you want in time. :)

Other general tips for the cube... be patient, don't buy Do-Alls unless you REALLY know what you're doing, sell your Robber/Bully cards in room 18/46 for extra profit (then use TP) and never, EVER open the Gold/Platinum boxes (merch them instead).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • NakedGirl - Heavens Tear
    NakedGirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Amen to that. I LOVE a good barb. Sins are fast and all and are amazing in certain situations, but a good barb is essential in Rebirth especially past wave 2. I am building a barb because they are hard to find sometimes. My main is a cleric, but she thinks she is part barb. Has to be cause hard to find a high level barb these days. They don't get the respect they deserve and no one offers to help pay their repair bills anymore. If on Heaven's tear, ask for me to cleric, and hopefully soon my barb will be up to speed to help out too.
    Helping those who help themselves... NakedGirl 103 cleric Heaven's Tear. b:kissb:bye
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Amen to that. I LOVE a good barb. Sins are fast and all and are amazing in certain situations, but a good barb is essential in Rebirth especially past wave 2. I am building a barb because they are hard to find sometimes. My main is a cleric, but she thinks she is part barb. Has to be cause hard to find a high level barb these days. They don't get the respect they deserve and no one offers to help pay their repair bills anymore. If on Heaven's tear, ask for me to cleric, and hopefully soon my barb will be up to speed to help out too.

Lol. Gotta admit, that I like barbs also, and for me they are always welcomed. (It was a barb that helped me with a lot that I've accomplished...namely cult, and it was that same barb that taught me a good deal in game.) That's you if you're reading this FRENNCHIE. Lol.

Like you, my main is a cleric...that is part barb as well, and like you, I'm also leveling a barb as I see their value. Its just that like clerics, and other classes, barbs suffer from the lack of proper game balance, which is why they are so rare. Barbs and clerics suffer the most, and lo and behold...it is why they are not as often found.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Caydon - Heavens Tear
    Caydon - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    On point one. Needed.

Definitely, no one can tank like a barb, especially from early to mid game. After that, it becomes debatable because of refines, and shards. I know a cleric with full JoSDs and R9 that can tank world bosses. But other than that, barbs are needed.

TW, FF, BH.... You get the idea.

Point 2, respect.

Respect has to be earned. My main is a barb, and although everyone PMs that barb to ask me to tank this instance or some BH or FF, I always thought I was substandard.....

..... until I rolled this mystic and saw what kinds of barbs existed, at least on Heavens Tear server. With the lack of barbs, it's quite scary that barbs that I'm partying with don't understand basic aggro mechanics. Refusing to flesh ream at bosses, and telling me to SHUT UP when I was nicely giving tips so he'd make a better tank.

So I think while respect has to be earned, I'm not sure that a lot of barbs are giving people reasons to respect them. Yes, there are good barbs, but there are very few, at least, from my experience. Perhaps that's why everyone's asking me to stop this mystic and go back to my barb, but I love my plants and summons too much.

Don't get me wrong - there are good barbs on Heaven's Tear, but most are already in 9x. So doing FF on this mystic can be a little painful. I was tanking 10 monsters the other day when my mystic was 83. b:shocked

I feel that an openness to learn, constantly improve himself, and starts doing his job well, he'll be stellar and people will just respect and WANT that barb for instances and everything else.
    Cleric (shelved), barb (shelved), BM (shelved), mystic, veno.

Mystic or veno, mystic or veno?