Descent v612 update - Can't Patch, Invisible Chars, .dll error, HELP!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• mhunt0
    mhunt0 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I give up... used quite a lot of time on this ..

My pc is ok, checked and re-checked, it has DirectX 9.0c, the missing .dll is on the 'elements' directory in the game directory where it says it looks for it.. (same result if I put it on system32, register, etc..)

I have to think that the new update is made to support recent hardware/os since the game ran before this update, leaving us out.

My PC:

P4 2.8 Ghz
    2 GB RAM
    NVIDIA Quadrop2 Pro 64 MB
    1.5 MB internet connection.

more than enough free disk space.

It's up to PWI to make it work on old systems (graphics cards) if they want us to play the game, buying a new GPU because of a game is not worth it.

So until then... bye bye.. b:bye
  • AmmeeesbfC - Dreamweaver
    AmmeeesbfC - Dreamweaver Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    my toons are all gone after i updated!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    NOTE TO ANYONE THAT THE DX9.0c WEB INSTALLER DOESN'T WORK FOR (or has tried everything else to fix their problem)

Download the manual installer instead:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109

That worked for me ^^
    The web installer seems to have problems fetching the files it needs.

NOTE TO ANYONE WHOSE CHARACTERS ARE MISSING

This patch seems to have reset the server you log on to the default server, which seems to vary. Make sure you are logging on to the correct server.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • melr
    melr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    so after i installed the patch and upgraded my graphics..well now my in game graphics are flickering bad. So wtf is this..grr..seems to be never end b:cry
  • motutere
    motutere Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well that didn't work either. This is pretty frustrating. Maybe I go back to watching mindless sit-coms on tele.
  • garywolf2
    garywolf2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    help I need to download dricet x 9.0 so see my char
  • garywolf2
    garywolf2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:laughb:byeb:cryb:angry
    yea im haveing that same trouble what is it...and is there a web site to get it from???
  • maculas
    maculas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    where i can found directx 9.0 c
    needed for the new update
  • Dawnetta - Heavens Tear
    Dawnetta - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a problem not sure where to post it but after i patched pwi and logged in successfully but my character and all npc and other players are not visible how do i fix this problem? b:cry please help me fix this

I have the same problem and would like some answers also. Thx.
  • SyKil - Archosaur
    SyKil - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hate the new udates and paches an blablabla on pwi i can't instal i can't open and i can't play what is going on is it worth pting new stuff on the game then having alll the players around and i thimnk like 2/4 of the players stoped playing because of that b:cry i really want to play but i can't..........its hard and confusingb:cry b:surrender i just have to stop playing pwi........................
  • asgarath83
    asgarath83 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hello, i am an italian boyl. i am playing pwi by 3 years i have a BIIG BIIG TROUBLE WITH DAMNED DESCENT RELEASE.
    -_-

i have a Pentium 4 with 768 MB of RAM and geforce 4 mmx with 8agpx as driver card
    i have as OS windows XP SP3
    so, this is my trouble.:

pw staff release the update.
    i do.
    my pc is little old, so take someone like 4 days for do update, get off, resume, do aupdate ate cte etc, until pw is done!
    okay, see me the erorre need directx 9.0c
    i install from microsoft directX 9.0c
    the game start but at the main meno with desert screen and magical book, not OPEN the book and i cannot enter pass and name.
    i installed the game on pc of my father, more powerful and go without problem. but i need to go ON MY PC,m because i cannot use ever pc of my dad.
    so i do this.
    i uninstall pw.
    i download the client. client is again the old genesis! WHAT WAIT THE STAFF TO RELEASE DESCENT CLIENT? :P
    so i reinstall pw genesis.
    i not do update! i copy in a USB device pen the PW descent release and i overwrite my client with that files.
    and so, THIS tiem the game go little fast but again block on the book in the main screen! -_-

today i and my dad try to fix problem: he thinks was the direct X i think is my pc too old (but is no possible1 if genesis funcition good why my pc is so dumb?)
    we have downloaded a tool called direct X eraser. it safe removal direct X from windows. restart the OS. we put in the reader cd unity the windows cd and so we put in the pc original driver of windows SP3 cd.
    reboot.
    now, we install directx 9.0. my father believe was 9.0c ... is not much smart in thatthings. -_-
    is only 9.0 give me again direct x error d3d9.dll not foumd.
    after 3 tentaptive i reinstall the sure package of directX 9.0c
    but... again! error: d3.d9.dll not found!
    what can i do? i am in desperation!
    I have much problem of heal in real life, so i cannot do a life much fine and happy. pc is my hobby and i not want to lost this wonderful game! what i need to do? please, someone Know how to fix d3d prolbem and the blockage of main menu in a old pc? i check my requirement,. and my pc CAN RUN descent, yes, not at the best of performance, but the potential for run THERE IS. so for me is unexceptable this.

What have done staff??!?!?
    relase the patch onlly for the new ppoer extra core pc?
    not check with beta tester if function good in all pc possible and in all OS????
    with all respect, that's suck.
    they relwease the patch with too much quickly. i remember when i up to genesis. all music disappering! i have to do verifijng process for get again the musics! -_-
  • Kapsten - Heavens Tear
    Kapsten - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've got an interesting issue. I downloaded the patch with no problems but now in game I'll click on NPC Spirit Loyan to get me to the Decsent map but it doesn't do anything. I've tried rebooting and restarting but it still won't open for me. Suggestions? (other than re-installing the patch...lol)
  • Nenias - Raging Tide
    Nenias - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hi guys

please helpme

my problem is this i have update my client but when i make click in star game

enter game fails please helpme b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • unabletoconnect
    unabletoconnect Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I tried EVERYTHING and I still can't log in. What happens is I can get into the game after the patcher and inside the game I can see the "NOTICE" window and the latest news. But I can't log in.

Each and every time it waits for a few seconds than says "unable to connect to server". I can't see the pings and other stats of any servers, all I see is "---".
    On my resource monitor I see "elementclient.exe" trying to connect but after the notice is done the send and receive rates don't go above 1B/sec.

I have recently downloaded and installed the game. No problems during installation or patch. I've reinstalled it like 3 times and still no good. I have disabled all firewalls, opened all ports, uninstalled all applications that the game may conflict with but still no good. And I can't get an answer to my gd ticket.

PLEASE I JUST NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP ME! Write EVERYTHING that you can think of in this thread, be it simple or advanced. Just help me.
  • Sticky_Paws - Raging Tide
    Sticky_Paws - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The link to dvix used in this thread does not auto install. There is another..err.. somewhere that will. Sorry, I cant remember the thread,.. But mines working fine now.
    Product: 1361 ZEN
    Amount Paid: 100000 GBP b:shocked
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as many others posting here.
    All the downloads went fine. Got Direct X 9.0 no problem.

However, game freezes at the log in screen. It wont go past the book.

I too am running Win XP with GeForce 400mx 8AGP.

Dear Perfect World,

Frustrated and highly irritated only begin to explain how I feel about this.

First of all, it's not right you make this big a change mid-game. Many of us are effected by this poor decision. We we're all running just fine till this new patch. Now if it was a new game, I'd never seen before, and it wouldn't load or play. That's one thing. I'd simply blow it off. But, this is a game I've devoted a lot of TIME and REAL MONEY into.
    If you wanted to make a state-of-the-art 64 bit operating system game, then it should have been a new game, ground up. Not introduce a new deal that alienates old players.

ANY new patches for PW should be in the confines of the existing architecture. Do you get this?

Second, it's not right I have dumped plenty of money into this game, and now, I don't know what the future holds. If this doesn't get fixed, how do I ask for my money back?
    I gave you money for a service and you changed the service mid-stream. Is there a proceedure to get my money back for services "not" rendered?

In other words, I just started a Faction Base (not free) 1 week before the update. There are things I need to be doing daily to ensure the life of my base. I'm also not getting my merit now, thank you very much! I'm also Director/Leader. Currently I am unable to lead or direct. How long is my faction going to stay together without me? How do I recruit? How do I help my newer members? I think of all the time and real money I just blew getting this faction base I used for 1 week!

And how long do you, a company in the business of making money, think myself and others like me are going to stand for this?

There ARE other games out there.

You better fix this quick! And yes, I will be contacting an attorney about recovering any lost money if this isn't corrected. Due to the numbers, I'm thinking class action lawsuit.
    And members who shelled out money with little or no service rendered will be eligible.

I'm not in the habit of spending money and getting nothing in return.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is a brief little update.

We are waiting to hear back about a new game client. When it is put up, you can check the download page to see if that version is 580 (current non-expansion up to date version) or a 612 (or higher) version number. We don't have an ETA yet.

Also, the game's minimum system requirements have always implied that DirectX 9.0c hardware and features were needed to play the game. Now, that seems to be the solid requirements.

It seems like the game now uses DirectX 9.0c level visual effects (which is back to 2002 and 2004), where as you could kind of "get by" using DirectX 8.1 level hardware before. The game now has effects for features from 8-10 years ago, which is more than acceptable for a PC game.

We have gotten players using GeForce 2, 3, and 4 (and ATI) equivalent level hardware which doesn't run the game very well or at all anyways. I am amazed that you have been able to run the game before.

If you have an ancient system like this, please keep in mind it is going to be difficult to get the game to run decently or at all.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • ambersala4671
    ambersala4671 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    so i downloaded a all night update of perfect world online game and then it told me i need to download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer but it says there is a error with DXerror.log and Directx.log. before the update perfect world worked fine. i updated about a week or 2 ago..... got any ideas on what i should do?

that what is giving me the problems
    So i'm going to try to download

Honestly this is madding
    Downloading Directx 10.0 now and didn't work either
    So i went to check the game to see if it work, it didn't.
    this message shows up:

element client.exe - system error

This progrom can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this program.

Any ideas?

b:angry
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ancient huh? So that
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

This sounds like something between your ISP and your computer. Plus, every time I've seen you post, it's different information.
    Your graphics card doesn't seem to support the game now. It's happened to me with other games. Sorry.

You downloaded DirectX 10. No. You need DirectX 9.0c to play the game, it's a special version that newer versions of DirectX may not include. This is why people using DirectX 11 are having problems too. It's not DirectX 9.0c.
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • coinveno
    coinveno Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    3 1/2. year)ALL pwi try to **** us, but we go to another game!!, damn ****
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    NOTE TO ANYONE THAT THE DX9.0c WEB INSTALLER DOESN'T WORK FOR (or has tried everything else to fix their problem)

Download the manual installer instead:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109

That worked for me ^^
    The web installer seems to have problems fetching the files it needs.

NOTE TO ANYONE WHOSE CHARACTERS ARE MISSING

This patch seems to have reset the server you log on to the default server, which seems to vary. Make sure you are logging on to the correct server.
    rawr.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • typewriter69
    typewriter69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Im having a problem with invisible npc and characters. i believe you guys have answered this before but im having trouble understanding it. could you please help me?

Thanks.
  • Thelillilone - Heavens Tear
    Thelillilone - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have same problem, last night I update the game and when I started, everything seemed great till i came to my list of my characters.. I can't see them and not other players either, just light and fog... I deleted the game from my computer and tried again.. but still same problem - -" What should i do? I can't play unseeing..
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Information to help with the .dll/DirectX error, and having missing characters or NPCs in the game:

1) If you encounter a DirectX error, dll error, or invisible characters, try updating with this on Windows 7, Vista, and XP:

Web Installer
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

2) Then restart your computer.

You will need to install this if you get those kinds of errors, even if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 so that DirectX 9 files can be copied over to the right spot.

Your video chipset hardware needs to support features for DirectX 9.0c level minimum for graphic visuals. DirectX 9 came out in 2002 (10+ years ago), and 9.0c original spec came out in 2004.

Restart your PC and try again.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you can get a legit copy of d3dx9_42.dll, you could try copying it to the game's main folder and then run the game.

I found one source, but don't know how genuine it is, so use AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1) You can download d3dx9_42.dll here: http://dllcentral.com/d3dx9_42.dll/9.27.952.3001/download/

2) Paste this file into your system32 and system folder. Also put it in your syswow

3) Navigate to your System32(32Bit OS) or SyWOW64(64Bit OS) Folder.
    Note: The location of System32 or SyWOW64 is
    C:Windows\System32 (If you are using 32Bit Windows)
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (if you are using 64Bit Windows)

4) Paste the d3dx9_42.dll into this folder.

5) Run the game. It may or may not work now.
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Closing this thread for now to see how tonight's update goes and all that good stuff.

Will leave as stickie until tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.