Descent v612 update - Can't Patch, Invisible Chars, .dll error, HELP!

Options

Comments

• Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It may take you 1-3 hours to autopatch the game on a broadband connection.

Manual patches will be on the download page and also here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=818282#post818282

It is probably best to use the manual patches directly from perfect world:

Patch 606-612 (862MB)
    Patch 580-612 (870MB)

Please note I tried to mirror them elsewhere, but no luck. The PWE links should work fine.

Thank you all for your dedication, patience, and understanding on this latest major release!

If you encounter a DirectX error or invisible characters, try updating this:

Web Installer
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Because so many of the game files are going to be changed, it may be a good idea to temporariliy disable or shut down your antivirus or firewall while updating until you can login. If you have added the game folder to the exception list for your security software, it may not be an issue. It will take some trial and error on your part.

You may have to restart the launcher multiple times.

Darth honey do you knoooow how humpable you are right now???? TY for posting this!!!! loooooove, stazzy
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lasedancer
    lasedancer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well i tried going through the patcher and manual patch as well it will get to the last part of the installtion and keeps comming up with an error with one of the wma files at the end. and keeps saying retry. i have done both before in the past and never had this problem what is going on with my download and installtion?
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    MysLibby - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I keep trying to install the DirectX 9.0 but it keeps getting stuck at Copying files?
  • risuhana
    risuhana Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I can log in just fine, I can see all the players.
    I got the DLL to fix the invisible people but the mouse pointer is gone. >.<
    How to fix it?
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay now I have directx downloaded and it's still telling me Enter Game Failed. This is starting to get highly irritating...b:angry
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Blah forget it....I think i'll just verify and go to bed.
  • fggsess
    fggsess Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    enter game fails b:cry

how i fix that i got same thing as the guy i quoted
  • Dilwein - Lost City
    Dilwein - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    roxypik wrote: »
    I DID EETTTT!!! Whoever has the enter game fails error with everything ok and no other pop-ups during/after patching install the Microsoft Visual C++ . It worked for me.b:victoryb:victory

I'm having that message, but I've had micro seizures today, doing this trying to ignore the shakes. b:surrender Anyways, my brain can't connect dots, can a lovable huggable guy/gal post a link pls. b:beg
  • Kynt - Harshlands
    Kynt - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have the latest direct x and c++, reinstalled the game 3 times using either automatic update either manual patch...i am logged as admin and all those settings...same thing happens ....when i press start...i get 10 secs delay and same stuff: enter game fails. now dont make me reinstall my os b:angry.

oh yeah and i verified also...
  • Ottogi - Lost City
    Ottogi - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have the latest direct x and c++, reinstalled the game 3 times using either automatic update either manual patch...i am logged as admin and all those settings...same thing happens ....when i press start...i get 10 secs delay and same stuff: enter game fails. now dont make me reinstall my os b:angry.

oh yeah and i verified also...

Use this or a later version for enter game fails bug... http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5638

Or another option that I support more, would be to find a better game to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The DirectX thing and the manual patches/size of the patch are the main issues QA encountered and players have encountered, and our solutions have helped so far (knock on bamboo).

QA worked on it here in the office and those are the main things that they, and tech support were hammering on. We came up with these solutions because the autopatch can take forever and a day. Lots can happen when any file is over 300MB-500MB+ when downloading anything on the internet.

Other issues may be related to your antivirus and firewall having a heart attack because so many files are being changed. b:surrender
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Kynt - Harshlands
    Kynt - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hell ya <--- nab at work. before doing anything with c++ forgot to read this:
    "If you have installed previous pre-release versions of Visual C++ 2005 or Visual Studio 2005, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing the final released version." so i cleared every version and installed latest and it worked thx alot
  • War_Dawg - Sanctuary
    War_Dawg - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 this is the link from frankierays post even though it says file version 9.29 if your already running directx 11 it will not downgrade it but will in fact put the missing .dll file that is needed to make the game load.
  • fggsess
    fggsess Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    roxypik wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what the "enter game fails" might be from??? I reinstalled and repatched like 5 times already and thats HARD, trust me. When u spend at least 2 hours for updating once. All good it updates to version 612 but when I click start it freezes a bit and i get "enter game fails" on client window. I get no Dx9.0/dll errors, nothing. Just wont open client. I tried both manually and auto-update. It updates normally w/o any pop up error. b:surrender Spent ALL day trying to log.

same thing friend same thing and i never had probs with this game before
    wtf is going on
  • palookaville
    palookaville Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ffs,i DL'd both patches and it gets to elementskill.dll and say "update files corrupted"
    same thing with auto patch,it gets to that file and gets stuck....
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Your antivirus or firewall might be throttling or blocking part of it trying to update.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • William_Fly - Archosaur
    William_Fly - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay now I have directx downloaded and it's still telling me Enter Game Failed. This is starting to get highly irritating...b:angry

How were you finally able to do it. I was never able to figure it out.
  • palookaville
    palookaville Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @darthpanda, antivirus is not the issue,i disabled it and tried,says same thing
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    How were you finally able to do it. I was never able to figure it out.

I used internet explorer to download it instead and I restarted my computer several times before it worked.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    OK ty Libby i will try that i have been using Firefox.
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And right now it's taking forever in a day to verify everything so now I'm waiting on that.. and if that doesn't work I'm just going to rage quit and wait til they can get their butts in gear and fix this themselves instead of doing a bootleg job beforehand which causes people to have problems.
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It isn't a half efforted job done that is the problem, is that the patch is almost 900MB.

Hopefully a new game client with the updated content will be available next week.
  • Sticky_Paws - Raging Tide
    Sticky_Paws - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, at least there are enough people with this exact same problem. Im sure it will be figured out soon enough.
    (Tried deleting all information on my harddrive, then reinstalling twice)
    (Got direct X, unpacked it, found it made no difference)
    (Given up hope of playing tonight, depressing).

I know its policy to divert responcability, but the fact that EVERYONE that has posted here, has the exactly same problem is a clue that there IS a problem with the new update.
    I would have thought, since players who have been playing a long time, invariably have spent hundreds of $ or
    Product: 1361 ZEN
    Amount Paid: 100000 GBP b:shocked
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Did you use the site posted on here?
  • karadhrin
    karadhrin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well i'm french and have the same problem as u all folk ! but i've sold it so i'll give u my solution cause u'll give me the "white rabbit" ! :p
    the only one file who cause problem is the D3D9X_42.dll who's on the windows\system32\ directory :p the only good version have to be at 1848 Ko only and at the sept 4,2009 created :)
    hope it will help
    see u
  • Nelyell - Archosaur
    Nelyell - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I get error with the autopatch if I download the link of the page give error?b:nosebleedb:question
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Did you use the site posted on here?
    yes.
    Im computer literate enough to be able to be aware of the possable shortcomings of my pc, and what it can do, but not enough to be able to mess with any of the code myself, (i mean dirX). So i have tried variations of sugestions and it still wont work.
    Tomorow is a new day. Perhaps it will be clearer in the morning. I hope you all get it running for yourselfs. Good night.
  • Dilwein - Lost City
    Dilwein - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the link.

And @ darthpanda16, you've done great hun.

@ everyone else, keep in mind their trying to implement an easier system for us, so there are going to be issues until the new client is ready. And a lot of folks and similiar issues for Genesis. Just not us,lol, guess it means its my turn.b:chuckleb:thanks
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hahaha Yeah, who would want the job of reassuring irate players? Thanks for the advice,all the same, Darth Panda, even though it does not work.
  • Nelyell - Archosaur
    Nelyell - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    download the auto patch but gave me error, I am in version 606, if I download the version of the 606-612 of the page works the same?b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.