Descent v612 update - Can't Patch, Invisible Chars, .dll error, HELP!

Options

Comments

• thechronnos
    thechronnos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I got problem with invisible characters .... so i tried to install another version of direct X(i have DX11 on windows 7)- i used ur link @darthpanda (from first post) but each time i try to instal this i recieve error msg :

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify your Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

I have absolutly no idea where/how i can verify some Cryptographic services or certificates.... or how to solve this problem
    I would appreciate any advice...... thx
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    MysLibby - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I really do hope they extend some of the 2x.. because there were things that I was wanting to do.
    And does anyone know if it's possible to not have to verify and just download the C++ and see if all goes well?
    Because I've been verifying for almost 2 hours now and it's barely a quarter ways done.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So, this game needs Direct9x at least or it must be Direct9x? b:sweat

I have direct11x
  • kishatbc
    kishatbc Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok so i have re verified and still cant see my charicter or npc someone pls help me im going crazy i want in pwi grrrrrrrrr
  • Lellaishi - Lost City
    Lellaishi - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I tried reinstalling and i have the service pack 3 and the required direct x and im still having troubles. My character, npc and other characters are still invisible monsters too How can this be fixed? I even used the manual patching,
  • hwedragnheart
    hwedragnheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    for all who are getting game enter fail . go to add and remove software and check to make sure you have microsoft visual C++ 2005 redistribution in list if not you need to dl that to get game to work . Just having 2008 or 2010 wont be enough dl the 2005 dis and it should work . To get download just google it and should find it for dl.

hope this helps everyone
  • Lellaishi - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Would that help with the invisible problem too?
  • kiligal#6598
    kiligal#6598 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have been trying to install this all day (of course, this is my one day that I had scheduled off work and would really have the time to play). I am running Linux, but had everything running fine previously. When I run the patcher it locks up repeatedly, at different stages of update, requiring me to kill the patcher (no buttons work, it stops moving or acknowledging anything). When I re-run the patcher it then starts over from scratch, every time. I haven't gotten further than 40% of an update, and it's been going for hours (3-4) at a time before locking up.

I also downloaded the manual patch, but if I run it with the patcher the behavior is exactly the same (only it displays the flashing images it scrolls though, whereas if I directly patch I don't get those, just a white screen there--which is the normal behavior for it running on our Linux boxes). It does not seem to install/verify any faster than doing it the old-fashioned way, and neither is working. If there is a way to install the update *without* the patcher I would love to know what it is... My husband and I have both attempted this on our computers at least 6-8 times each over the last 10 hours, and it has gotten beyond frustrating.

b:cry
  • persei22
    persei22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    help me please , i cant update client - error on dat.1 fileb:cry Tryed auto and manual update - not work
  • Foxmeko - Dreamweaver
    Foxmeko - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Alright heres my story

Last night download patch

Morning got up open PWI clicked "start" after update

Got DirectX9 error msg , then after got DLL error msg

Whet to forms got DirectX link from darthpanda16 downloaded it

Restarted my laptop , open PWI

PWI starts fine no error msg no nothing

Get to character list and in game , can't see me, players or NPCs

and im stuck there :/ someone wanna help me...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Try updating your video drivers too.

I updated the first post with hopefully easier to read and understand info.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Darth I verified.......and I still have these crazy graphic problems that I never had before until this update.

Any solution to this problem?

I tried downloading directx 11 and it brings me to an xbox page.b:cry
  • Foxmeko - Dreamweaver
    Foxmeko - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Try updating your video drivers too.

I updated the first post with hopefully easier to read and understand info.

not sure how you update your video drivers but if we download
    DirectX that you linked in the first post where do we trans-fur the files to?
  • poppop20
    poppop20 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i can log in but when i get to the book and enter user name and password it goes into account but i cant see my toons anyone help plz ty
  • Lellaishi - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I dont get it all advice was given i used and still nothing service pack up to date drivers as well not to mention the direct X too and still invisible characters Please HELP ME FIX THIS
  • mhunt0
    mhunt0 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just read trough this thread.. same trouble, here's what I have done so far:

1- update video card drivers from video card manufacturer: nvidia

after the update, 'settings' says I do have DirectX 9.0c

2. Says it can't find the d3dx9_42.dll file

3. download D9 from microsoft website, installer won't work..

4. Windows update doesn't finds any update at all

5. Searching on the web I see people simply download the dll file and putting it on the game directory it searches, PWi searches the dll on "perfect world entertainment/perfect world/elements" so I do it, (I avoid putting it on system32)

I downloaded from: http://www.softpicks.net/dll/d3dx9_42-dll-13112.html

since that's from where some people download it, has correct size and date as mentioned above.

IMPORTANT: downloading a dll from the web is VERY DANGEROUS.

6. Copy the dll on the game directory, start launcher/patcher.. still says requires directx9.0c, press continue, intro screen loads, then closes.. no message error given..

Any other tip.. ?
  • wildacexxstunt
    wildacexxstunt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I downloaded the 606 patch, and when it was done installing i opened it, and it brought me to the launcher and was applying the patch, it got a little ways in and gave me an error message saying update file corrupt, and closed the launcher. What do I do now?
  • Marlach - Sanctuary
    Marlach - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Un installed and re downloaded game. Re-did the updates and patches and Direct X and now when I log in the only option I am getting is Create. All of my characters seem to be gone. This is seriously a major pain. I've done the updates twice now with the patches and have wasted hours for nothing. Having to Patch, downoad upgrades and everything else after waiting for 7 hours for the update is ridiculous. I am at a loss as to what to do next.
  • pwnknight09
    pwnknight09 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have never seen this many problems with an update, or ever had a problem with one myself and ive been playin this game for over 3 yrs. i think yall should really get this stuff taken care of before you release something to the public cuz now i cant get my client reinstalled cuz it fails to create either the client or the whole folder... thanks pwi for being the source of my bad night....
  • maninblacktie
    maninblacktie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If your directX 9 installer does not work with the webinstaller, try installing the end-user redistributable version of the same patch:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109
  • SoulCutterZ - Archosaur
    SoulCutterZ - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    still under downloading.... hope it will fixed~ T~T
  • thump
    thump Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    do you hire GM that are rude and smart alkes on purpose?? This should have been posted to support q & a not on a forum no one reads, atleast I dont and dont like forums in general. This attitude toward your customers is why PWI is continually losing population that and expansion that mess up more than they fix. Your bad attitude toward your customer base will be the death of you.
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    MysLibby - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've had just about enough of this BS, I get to the Game Update complete, click start, error screens flash, nothing happens.
    I've installed all this BS you've told us to install, still not working.
    Get your ***** in gear pl0x and fix this.
  • Nicarus - Sanctuary
    Nicarus - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol... this is why pc gaming is dying off and console is flourishing, because every one of us has a different pc setup and nothing is going to work for everybody.
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well you guys are still luckier then me. I'm unable to even install the direct X 9 pack due to my sircumstances so I'm prettymuch ****ed unless they allow it to log into the game and start up without needing it.
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well As I stated In my Thread I've installed the directX as they have suggested on Windows Viasta Home Premium Edition and I get a dll error where the game wont even allow me access to the patcher. I have reinstalled the DirectX as suggested to make sure I got it and restarted my Computer.

Low and behold Guess what..... The same dll Error Message appears.

So Whats the next Solution you want us to try?
  • LinkAway - Sanctuary
    LinkAway - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hello, I've been trying to do the update but seems I can't do it. I'm always stuck on one file or another. Then I decided to try out the manual patching, but when I click on the link to download the files I just have a long and full page of random non-understandable signs.
    What to do to get this patch right?
    Thank you
  • lordemperror
    lordemperror Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have this problem too i tryed update my drive video and dll, but when i log in the same thing my char, npc and other player are invisible, and i don't know what to do.
    someone can help meb:cry
  • sianalysse
    sianalysse Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To help with the .dll/DirectX error, and having missing characters or NPCs in the game:

1) If you encounter a DirectX error, dll error, or invisible characters, try updating with this on Windows 7, Vista, and XP:[/COLOR][/B]

Web Installer
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

2) Then restart your computer.

You will need to install this if you get those kinds of errors, even if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 so that DirectX 9 files can be copied over to the right spot.

Thank you all for your dedication, patience, and understanding on this latest major release![/QUOTE]

Done this and things seem ok but has Amber vanished or do I still have errors I can see other players and all that - Amber is still in my gps list but just not there
  • thechronnos
    thechronnos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If your directX 9 installer does not work with the webinstaller, try installing the end-user redistributable version of the same patch:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109

it asks me to choose location for extracted files ... what location it should be?
This discussion has been closed.