The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    morigorum wrote: »
    When is PWI going to fix this damn annoying *POOF* exiting of game at random locations around the game? It happens even running in Compatibility Mode on my Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. NEVER did this on XP for the most part, i.e. once in a blue moon meaning months where as this damn thing happens at LEAST 3-4 times a week at random places. Teleporting to Raging Tide (most often), Tele-ing to Plume (2nd worst), happened in Warsong and just now putting an item in my safe in south arch.

This is NOT my computer that is the problem, this is the game that needs to get a LOT of these nit picky BUGS FIXED. I can't wait till Guild Wars 2 arrives as I expect people to bail in DROVES to it. From what I hear it is going to a) be massive, b) 2x the servers from original game, FREE to play as much as you want once you buy it (I have all the other GW releases and beaten normal/hard modes and working on some titles still).

You best get your act together, quit pushing stuff out when it isn't ready (Mystic/Seeker for one, new area for 2, Genesis in general for 3, and now Descent. I will play it for a bit but once *** is on the streets my time (and any more money I've already spent in this game) will be much much less. FIX THIS PROBLEM as I am NOT the only one reporting it/seeing it on Windows 7.

My system works perfectly elsewhere but this game, that tells me something.....

And the error message is the same one pointing to a dll file.

I have a big thread on this already. It's been going on a while.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=15278581#post15278581
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lightman203
    lightman203 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    MY begginer chest thing gave me a kite, but the kite does not work i put it on and nothing happens plz help! I have only 2 days of it left!
    If u want screen shots plz tell me how to take them!
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    whats the point of reporting them, its not likly they will be fixed anyway... as matter of fact, i cant even recall 3 previous in-game bugreports that has been solved(not changed, but solved).

Sometimes it just feels like you make up threads like this to give us a false hope of that you guys acctually do something...b:surrender

might aswell report something and see if it will be fixed...*Thinks*...
    The BM's DEMON Phys marrow says(in skill description) that it "allways reduces phys def by 90%"
    its phys marrow, it should be reduce Mag def, not phys.

Oh and if you want a SS, go look in the ticket a posted a month ago...

Oh and, whats the point with leaving safe zone when u enter cube?, scince PK is not allowed in room 1, why not make it a safe zone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Guddah - Archosaur
    Guddah - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    MY begginer chest thing gave me a kite, but the kite does not work i put it on and nothing happens plz help! I have only 2 days of it left!
    If u want screen shots plz tell me how to take them!

Press 'E' and find your 'actions tab'.
    make sure your kite is equipped and and press the fly button, press it again to demount.
  • lightman203
    lightman203 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thank you it worked!!!b:laugh
  • morigorum
    morigorum Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I haven't seen that thread or maybe posted in it when it first happened. I just had to vent is all. It is annoying as all hell to be in middle of something (esp. being a cleric) when it happens and squad has to wait till I can make it back in and to them while rebuffing self, etc...

Can't wait for *** though, need to try and get some more titles knocked out if I can solo w/7 heros or drag my buddy into it. Looking forward to it. I stopped GW and came to this last year or the year before. The eco sucks too (price gouging, etc...)....we'll see when the update happens to prices and such and what new bugs will surface.
  • sumariadna
    sumariadna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can't see any npc's or other charcters not even mine. I can see buffs going around them, but not there charcters /so genies float around charcters.. Please Help Thank You very much.
  • ryuhabayusa
    ryuhabayusa Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i've entered to event boutique and the flyers for the earthguards are gone
    hope someone is seeing this and will fix it
  • jeradal1
    jeradal1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sumariadna wrote: »
    I can't see any npc's or other charcters not even mine. I can see buffs going around them, but not there charcters /so genies float around charcters.. Please Help Thank You very much.

Having this same problem I think. Essentially looks like character and npcs models just decided to be invisible. not sure whats up there. There is a thread on it here, where I posted more details about the problem: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1296941
  • moglight
    moglight Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hm... Not sure if it's just me, but my characters are invisible on Raging Tide, after the patch on Descent... I tried relogging, but that didn't work... Er.. Actually, no sprites are appearing... Suggestions?
  • Zhithia - Archosaur
    Zhithia - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Can't get the quest tracker to work.
  • X_Mod_x - Sanctuary
    X_Mod_x - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the flyers in event boutique used to have earth guard kites yesterday after patch it is gone not sure if it is a bug though but just wanted to technicians to know so they can fix it
  • fggsess
    fggsess Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    u forgot the Enter Game Fails bug
  • viitbellwork
    viitbellwork Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Mouse cursor is all but gone. I cant see it at all ingame, but when I alt+tab out I see it on desktop. It was fine before Descent install.
  • Triey - Lost City
    Triey - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm having this weird little visual bug. It's not causing any problems, but it is irritating...

Glitch.jpg

Sorry the image is fuzzy. I can provide more info if necessary.

Thanks~
  • DivineMight - Raging Tide
    DivineMight - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The quest Tracker doesn't work now.
    Also in login screen it doesn't shows the server name anymore.Its not a bug but its annoying.
    2rqnip0.png
  • Rigs_Healing - Archosaur
    Rigs_Healing - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The first "bug" i have seen is that Teleporter Shia Sol (537,249) which is needed for two quests, doesn't exist.
  • KoKoWaWa - Heavens Tear
    KoKoWaWa - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    very annoying bug and needs a fast fix... the decomposing option isn't in NPCs list anymore for me... tried relogging and tried half the NPCs in game and it's still the same... it needs to be fixed real fast or i'm gonna end up with an inv full of junk i can't get rid of b:sad
  • wtl
    wtl Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    idk if it's a bug or if there has been a change made with the new expansion, but my chars don't heal as quickly as they did. I farm the same mobs as I did b4 the exp, and now use more crab meat to stay alive.

With my seeker, I had to change weapons to one with more vit and had to add 2 socs with garnets to get somewhat close to where I was before the expansion.

This is not a QQ as there is enough complaining and problems getting online going on right now that is more important, but noticed this and didn't see anyone else talking about it.
  • biotene
    biotene Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There is a bug in this Quest:

Legendary - Silence and Reflection - Truth or Death5 - Required Item: Concubine's Eyeball (0/30) 251, 534

When I accepted this quest and tried to use Auto Tracker to fly to the location to get the required named items it does not work and I tried many times, so therefore i had to type in the location manually in order to proceed to that location.

Location - Sand Light Crystal -
    NPC - Corona Liasion
  • Skaidred - Archosaur
    Skaidred - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm not sure if this is actually a bug but I doesn't seem likely that this skill is supposed to work this way given the way that all other bm skills work.

1: Skill does not generate Aggro

2: Skill does not activate Bloodpaint

As you can see these two mobs are non-aggro:
    Non-aggro.jpg

Upon using sword cyclone, one mob takes damage but does not attack, damage dealt to the mob is not recorded on my damage log, bloodpaint is not activated:
    MobNotAggroed.jpg

The other mob takes no damage despite clearly being within range:
    Flowertakesnodamage.jpg

Afterward the mob that took damage does not reset and continues walking around with reduced hp: (even if the skill itself is supposed to work as above this doesn't seem right)
    MobNotReset.jpg

Bloodpaint also does not activate vs mobs that DO deal damage automatically:
    BPfails.jpg

I have tested this on other types of non-aggro mobs, none of them reset after the attack stops.
  • ChibiVampira - Sanctuary
    ChibiVampira - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I get on my flying mount i press the space bar to go higher but when i let go my mount goes back down :(
  • mythashi
    mythashi Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Why after EVERY update are there so many problems the least being NO FREE BUFFS :(
    Since the last update the free buffs link comes up as unavailable and where has Amber gone :(
  • Avalong - Sanctuary
    Avalong - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have a problem with my chars which have no white skin tones.

The face on them is pale but their bodies are their normal skin color.
    It seems to only happen to me because when I asked someone else if my face was the same color as my body, they said "Yes, it is"

Hmm, I have no clue why it is happening (Just hope it is not another stupid graphics card issue -_- My old computer "Windows XP" seemed to have a better Graphics card then my new computer "Windows 7" and I always have game problems because of it! )

Here is a pic to show:

th_PWGlitch.jpg
  • Snowdriver - Heavens Tear
    Snowdriver - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    kk mouse issues someone gave it crack lol it dbl clicks all the time spastic movements all over when i havent moved it have settings turned all the way down

second cant dual client no more it crashes one or the other game i have open....
    Thanks just thought u should know.
    have fun and see u in game .
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:begLast night i was doing full delta(Valley of Reciprocity) on wave 8 our sq leader dc'ed from game and the quest failed. It really sucks after 2.50hrs u fail. Would pretty nice if anything can
    be done regarding this . Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Sai_Raven - Raging Tide
    Sai_Raven - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm having the problem that when my quest tracker is on, (I usually keep it on the lower right side between skill bar & buttons) none of the buttons will work. If any part of it is above the buttons, even if I move it to the top of the screen, the buttons below it don't work.
  • Spideera - Archosaur
    Spideera - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Idk if this was already reported (didn't feel like reading the whole list) b:chuckle

Anyway:
    Apparently in the Archosaur server Ben Yune the ncp is missing at coordinates 391 229

(of course it could be my computer b/c since the upgrade I have naked characters, no names displayed and I get kicked off the server every so often. I'm not reporting those issues b/c it's not a prob on the main computer, just the play one - so I assume that's not a PWI issue)

But anyway, I've flown up, down around and used auto path and dudes not there.
    Thanks-A- bunch!! b:pleased

You guys have created an awesome game!
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    IDK if someone do DQ quest. I do on my veno, to get wisdom badges for the sage weapon. The 1st quest of the DQ 20 show on main screen, but then all the next quest in the chain do not show. You have to open the quest log to auto path to the npc and see how many mob or dq u need etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fairybell
    fairybell Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i'm having problems having the game start/ that d3d.ddl or whatever its called. do you think if i just completely download perfect world again that it will fix the problem??
This discussion has been closed.