freezes at book opening

Options

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i do have 1.75gb ram but still experiance same problem as everyone so it aint ram isue, more i would say graphic card and this login screan who dosnt let us in game.
    lol it took me 2 paycheck to buy this pc, was long time of go and even than was crapy pc but expensive lol and rly i upgraided it tilll now so many times, changin and changin new part and replacin em with new ones, i tink i even chainged graphic card long time of go.

1.75GB ram is usually 2GB of ram with an onboard video card using 256MB. I'm curious about getting more detail on your system. OS (+ Updates), CPU, Video card (Inboard or outboard), and what security software you've got running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I notice that most of you guys posting your info on this only have 512MB of ram as well. I wonder if that could have something to do with it, because the game uses over a Gig of ram when it's up and running. If you don't have that your system is going to have to work extra hard by dumping data to the pagefile. I'd like to see if anyone with an old P4 and a gig or two of ram is having the same issue with that video card.

I would test it myself, but I finally junked those old PC's a couple of months ago because they were collecting too much dust from lack of use.

I only have 1g of RAM on my computer and that is the minimum it says u can use to play and, once again, as I have stated in other posts, I have been playing the game with 1g of ram and the graphics card I have, for over a year now without any problems and now, I cant play.

Somewhere along the way during the update or because of the update, there was loss of communication between the game and the graphics cards we all have. either the driver or the cards themselves lost communication with the game which is why we cannot log in and get shut out automatically when we try.
    This is a game issue tho, not us. Our graphics card may still be working just fine but somewhere along the way with this update- commnication gets lost.

So either we have to sit back and wait for them to fix it, which would most likely mean another new patch or, try and find yourself a new graphics card if you cannot afford a new computer like I cant. A new card is less money and as long as your computer turns on and runs everyday why get a new one when u can get a new graphics card for a lot less?

It may take them days to fix this issue. I am sure they know what is going on and they are seeing what the problems are but until they have a fix or some information for us, we may not hear a peep out of them.
    I never thought for a second it was my graphics card since it worked fine for Genesis but hearing the same problems that everyone else is having now I know it's the card. Having a older computer is not necessarily a bad thing- it just needs a few updates and overall that will be less money than getting a new computer especially for those of us who cannot afford a whole new computer.
    Granted new computers are not overly expensive, depending upon what you want in it, but getting a new graphics card let's say off Ebay will still be alot less money and fix the problem and maybe fix the problem alot sooner than it might take PWI to fix it.
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    actualy there is no point showin as i alrdy sent much mor einfo onn tiket and they r handle it
    edited February 2012
    Options
    actualy there is no point showin as i alrdy sent much mor einfo onn tiket and they r handle it

well before you edited your post I was compiling a response.
    1. that's XP SP2, you should be running SP3 now, so at a minimum, your OS needs an update.

2. It appears that you do have an integrated card, maybe on a laptop? Pretty common for some older Asus, Dell, and IBM desktops as well.

Personally, update your OS, make sure you have the most recent .NET framework installed, update to IE8 at least, make sure you have the most current video driver, and then run the DirectX installer that is linked in several stickied threads. (run the installer regardless of what you think you have, updating other components may have changed it.)

Also, myself and others are free to help here and provide suggestions, many are the same that you will eventually get from support, just a lot faster because I don't have 300 other tickets in my backlog. We just need something to work with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    about before half year i did downloaded sp3 and tryed to instal it and than it told me i need net framework so sp3 can work so i went to instal net framework4 but after that it told me i need smth more which ii couldnt find so everything at end failed
    edit: i did instaled alrdy today ie8
    edit2: for now i will wait responce on tiket and just asked now my neigbor who is high educated on computers to come to my house whan he has time to instal me sp3.
  • Litor - Archosaur
    Litor - Archosaur Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hey Sylen if you have time can you tell me what you need to see and ill post it , having same issues , crash/freeze on login book.
  • jillibaby1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well before you edited your post I was compiling a response.
    1. that's XP SP2, you should be running SP3 now, so at a minimum, your OS needs an update.

2. It appears that you do have an integrated card, maybe on a laptop? Pretty common for some older Asus, Dell, and IBM desktops as well.

Personally, update your OS, make sure you have the most recent .NET framework installed, update to IE8 at least, make sure you have the most current video driver, and then run the DirectX installer that is linked in several stickied threads. (run the installer regardless of what you think you have, updating other components may have changed it.)

Also, myself and others are free to help here and provide suggestions, many are the same that you will eventually get from support, just a lot faster because I don't have 300 other tickets in my backlog. We just need something to work with.

I would imagine the support team has gotten 1000 tickets since this update, but the issues are still at hand...there are tons of us who cannot get into the game.
    So either its the graphics card, or DirectX or OS...someone has to have better answers than what we are getting, which is nothing.

I am now trying to verify the files again- someone said it was posted here to give that a try so i am. It has worked for me in the past so mabe it will work this time too regardless of my graphics card. Only way to find out is to wait a few hours til the files verify again.
    I am trying it on the EN patch 2 this time tho, it was set for the EN patch 1 although I am not sure what the difference is but I figured why not.
    Things cant get worse than they are at this point because as of now I cant get into the game.

Mabe verifying the files again will help. It just sucks that anything like this had to happen I was just expecting to click the update, let it do it's thing and play and now almost a whole day later, I am still stuck and not able to play. It's ridicules
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jillibaby1 wrote: »
    I would imagine the support team has gotten 1000 tickets since this update, but the issues are still at hand...there are tons of us who cannot get into the game.
    So either its the graphics card, or DirectX or OS...someone has to have better answers than what we are getting, which is nothing.

I am now trying to verify the files again- someone said it was posted here to give that a try so i am. It has worked for me in the past so mabe it will work this time too regardless of my graphics card. Only way to find out is to wait a few hours til the files verify again.
    I am trying it on the EN patch 2 this time tho, it was set for the EN patch 1 although I am not sure what the difference is but I figured why not.
    Things cant get worse than they are at this point because as of now I cant get into the game.

Mabe verifying the files again will help. It just sucks that anything like this had to happen I was just expecting to click the update, let it do it's thing and play and now almost a whole day later, I am still stuck and not able to play. It's ridicules

verifying doesn't work I tried it.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i tryed to withverify but didnt help but give it a try as u sure mis alot file if u autoupdate patch.
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    still no ticket reply.
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ಥ_ಥ b:angry
  • bbeluska
    bbeluska Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    BULL**** BULL**** BULL****!!!!

WE GeForce4 user are not WONDERING why this game just doesn't work!

We are just confused...

What now? In order to play we should buy new hardware? There isn't a way to fix that "book-opening" animation? That has to be fixed!

AGAIN I'm using my old graphic card, that is a 3S Unichrome onboard card on an ASUS motherboard, and it's(my opinion) something worst than GeForce4 but he game still works fine (ohh with 64 Mb VideoRAM)

So if you have a good solution for us GeForce4 users POST otherwise please keep your bad comments home and don't blame us just because we're using "ancient" PCs.

P.S. Sorry i'm poor so i won't buy new hardware until this will blow up...or something worst!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    bbeluska wrote: »
    .....and don't blame us just because we're using "ancient" PCs.

P.S. Sorry i'm poor so i won't buy new hardware until this will blow up...or something worst!

Likewise, don't blame the company for not supporting hardware/software that was outdated 8 years ago. Also, don't expect them to bend over backwards to provide a fix for it. Later, If I have some free time, I might take out one of my old MB's blow the dust off, drop in a couple of absolutely ancient video cards I discovered today digging around, install the ancient Windows XP version, update it, install the game, and see what I can figure out for you.

Unfortunately this is an 8-10 hour project, (mostly digging around for hardware and updating the OS), and I have much better things to do with my time that will actually net me a return in my investment of said time.

You're lucky that I actually have the hardware and software hanging around, and the know-how to do a project like this. (Assuming that the wife doesn't ask me what the hell I'm doing and intervene with her own time-management.)

I'll let you know if I find anything, but don't hold your breath.

You're most likely going to be just ****-out-of-luck because your computer is extremely outdated and you refuse to upgrade/update it to meet compliance of any software developed in the past 5-8 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mygello
    mygello Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, seems that because we have the nvidia ge force4 we cant see this book opening to log in. is there any alternate way to login or the patcher / client the only way? I really hope they can change the login format (remove the stupid book graphic completely) so the people with GeForce4.4 cards can still play the game like we have been for years. b:sad

cmon PWI....

100 cleric Sanctuary
  • legionslegacy
    legionslegacy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    one we better not have to wait for next update for this issue to be resolved, its not on our end its on yours PW. once again a rush was made to reach a deadline without confirming issues were resolved. ive done everything listed, tried all your links, deleted and reloaded game several times,, how bout actually looking at what were saying instead of giving us fixes to other problems, i can still log into your other games no issue, the issue is YOUR UPDATE.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i like this game as most others do and as many who posted here i have same problem, i will try to fix it as much i can from my part even if i am sure i wont progres anywhere, some mod alrdy said that that are workin on new patch launcher so this fact is keepin me calm from not yellin at stuf or devs so cmon ppl just have patience litle bit.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    one we better not have to wait for next update for this issue to be resolved, its not on our end its on yours PW. once again a rush was made to reach a deadline without confirming issues were resolved. ive done everything listed, tried all your links, deleted and reloaded game several times,, how bout actually looking at what were saying instead of giving us fixes to other problems, i can still log into your other games no issue, the issue is YOUR UPDATE.

Actually, because you're using hardware that no longer meets the minimum requirements of the game, it's on your end. The issue with the update is that it does something your system does not support.

The minimum requirements state that you need at least a ti4200. That means that all of you guys using the mx400 are leagues behind the minimum requirements. the ti4200 is on the geforce 4 platform, where the mx400 series wasn't even keeping up with the geforce 3 platform (even though it was labeled as a geforce 4 series).

So far, initial testing with my ti4200 128MB card isn't showing any major issues. (Saved the install of the OS by discovering a system with the hd still intact.) My other cards are an old Radeon X1600 Pro with 512MB, and a FX5200LE with 128MB. Not sure where they stand in comparison to the ti4200, but I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Ooohh just discovered an old geforce 3 ti200 which should be close to the outdated cards you guys are using. (I think it has 64MB ram, but hard to say with the ID tag missing.) I'll keep ya posted on the details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Actually, because you're using hardware that no longer meets the minimum requirements of the game, it's on your end. The issue with the update is that it does something your system does not support.

The minimum requirements state that you need at least a ti4200. That means that all of you guys using the mx400 are leagues behind the minimum requirements. the ti4200 is on the geforce 4 platform, where the mx400 series wasn't even keeping up with the geforce 3 platform (even though it was labeled as a geforce 4 series).

So far, initial testing with my ti4200 128MB card isn't showing any major issues. (Saved the install of the OS by discovering a system with the hd still intact.) My other cards are an old Radeon X1600 Pro with 512MB, and a FX5200LE with 128MB. Not sure where they stand in comparison to the ti4200, but I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Ooohh just discovered an old geforce 3 ti200 which should be close to the outdated cards you guys are using. (I think it has 64MB ram, but hard to say with the ID tag missing.) I'll keep ya posted on the details.

Thanks hope you find a fix , I have tried everything even going into my files and setting things different , still no luck.
  • Someangel - Sanctuary
    Someangel - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the angelica engine for pw was made to be able to run on old comptuers and take advantage of new computers, i dont want to hear it wolnt run because of one patch =p

im investing time to figure this one out too by request of a friend, i'll report any fixes
    b:cute
  • jillibaby1
    edited February 2012
    Options

-
    So now u are saying that they have changed the minimum requirements for this new update? I chuckled a bit because my computer pretty much has none of that and yet I have been playing Genesis just fine since it came out and I was playing Rising Tide as well.

The only requirement my computer has out of what's listed there is the 1g of Ram, lol and yet it says that 2g is what is recommended for XP but I have been using 1g and playing Genesis just fine.
    I did see the info about the Graphics Card and perhaps that is where the problem does lie for us.
    For some reason this update requires a card with more memory but not necessarily a better card. If my GeForce4 MX 440 had lets say 256mb or even 512, it would run fine and I would be playing right now.
    But since it's only 128mb, there is simply not enough memory to run this new version of the game on the card. There is loss of communication somewhere along the way between the annoucement screen and the log in screen which is where most of us end up being logged out automatically.
    When I first heard it was the graphics card that was causing the problems I did not want to believe it because I have been playing the game all along using what I got but now, since the update I am stuck and cannot get in and play.

If it were possible to put in a new graphics card, that would be my first choice since my card happens to be an external one and not attatched to the mother board but money is tight and short and life sucks right now cause I cant get into the game.
    After trying everything more than once I have decided to give up because until I get a better graphics card or somehow manage to sum up a new computer, I will not be able to play the game on this computer.
    It works on my daughters computer so I can play on there while she is in school during the day but at night- when most of my friends are around- I cant play until I am able to fix this problem or perhaps PWI is able to figure out a way to let those us with older computers and crappy graphics cards, play the game.

I simply can not believe that PWI cant come up with a helpful solution for those us having these issues. There has to be a way for those of us with the older computers and graphics cards, to be able to play the game with the new update. Not everyone can afford to go out and buy new computers or new graphics cards and this update should not only be for those who have the money to figure it all out. That is not fair.
    I have put alot of money into the game in the last year I have been playing. Money I did not even have due to being unemployed and although doing that was my choice- I deserve the right to be able to play along with those that can afford it all. There has got to be a way that these problems can be mutually resolved both on PWI's end and our end.

I just hope something can be figured out sooner than later so that those of us having these problems can get back in and play. I miss it already and I have only been out of it for a day. I miss my friends...and I want to play.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jillibaby1 wrote: »
    -
    So now u are saying that they have changed the minimum requirements for this new update?...

Yes, because the update to DirectX 9.0c excludes some cards that worked previously because they are not fully compliant. If I search through the hundreds of posts I've made, I'm sure I can find where I've posted what the specs used to be.

ok found them

Current....
    Operating System Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
    CPU Intel Pentium 4 at 1GHz, (Mid to High Range Dual-Core 2.5GHz CPU or better recommended.)

RAM 1GB of RAM (2GB or more recommended for XP, 3GB or more for Windows Vista and Windows 7)

Hard Disk 8GB Free HD Space

Graphic Display 3D video chipset with pixel and vertex shader model 1.3 supported. GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB or newer for Windows XP. For Windows Vista and 7, a GeForce FX 5200 128MB or ATI Radeon 9500 128MB or newer is needed.

Sound Drivers DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Network Broadband Internet connection
    From Last July....
    Operating System Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, or Windows 7

CPU Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz or AMD Athlon 1500+ or newer and faster CPU

RAM 512MB or more of RAM (Vista and Windows 7 require 1GB or more, 2GB+ preferred)

Hard Disk 5GB of Hard Drive Space or more (14GB or more preferred)

Graphic Display 3D video chipset with pixel and vertex shader model 1.3 supported. GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB or newer for Windows XP. For Windows Vista and 7, a GeForce FX 5200 128MB or ATI Radeon 9500 128MB or newer is needed.

Sound Drivers DirectX compatible sound chip or onboard audio capability with the latest sound drivers

Network Broadband Internet connection required
    January 2010 (when they had two different downloads, one for Pre-Vista and one for Vista +)
    January 2009 (earliest data I could find.)
    Operating System Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista
    CPU 800Mhz and above
    RAM 256MB or more of RAM
    Hard Disk 2.5G available HD space
    Graphic Display 32MB 3D graphics card
    You can clearly see how updates to the game, and new features have gradually increased what the minimum system specifications are. Basically each update, your system comes closer and closer to not being able to play if you don't keep it up to date.

Also, so far no dice on that archaic video card I found.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Someangel - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    okay~ update
    this is helpful information to devs/gm's
    not your average user

as far as i know, the book turning requires the use of pixel/vertex shading 2.0
    something that the 440mx/ti(i forget at this point) lack
    i know i was able to resolve a similar issue where pw changed the rendering engine so that the textures use vertex shading for the texture mapping(coordinating, whatever)

anyways, remove the book, or use some form of software shading to fix it
    even intel's older chips had support for it.

not an expert but im just speaking from experience.
    b:surrender
    edited February 2012
    Options
    okay~ update
    this is helpful information to devs/gm's
    not your average user

as far as i know, the book turning requires the use of pixel/vertex shading 2.0
    something that the 440mx/ti(i forget at this point) lack
    i know i was able to resolve a similar issue where pw changed the rendering engine so that the textures use vertex shading for the texture mapping(coordinating, whatever)

anyways, remove the book, or use some form of software shading to fix it
    even intel's older chips had support for it.

not an expert but im just speaking from experience.
    b:surrender
    Based on that information, 3d Analize may be a viable workaround. It looks a bit blocky on mine though.
    Here's a link...
    http://www.gamerzneeds.net/forums/tech-zone/101630-3d-analyze-graphics-card-emulator.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Someangel - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    apparently that program is against the tos, i remember seeing a post about it
    the guy posting about it miscommunicated saying it modified the exe though, when it doesnt touch it at all, really would appreciate a gm or something to weigh in on this and hear us out ^^;;

i completely agree that solution should work
    or something like swiftshader
  • jillibaby1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    okay well I see where u posted the changes to the requirements but the changes to the graphics card did not change from the july one u posted to the new one needed now. The requirements are exactly the same as far as the graphics cards go.

Which is what I dont understand. Although I never actually met those requirements all along I was able to play Genesis just fine. The only requirement that I had met was the 1g RAM one...
    But the graphics card? LOL no way...I never met any of those and yet Genesis worked fine and I played the game when it was Rising Tides too so why is it now I cant get into the game?
    Well why is that me and tons of other people cant get past the announcement screen and we get automatically shut down?

There is some sort of problem between the announcement screen and the log in screen...as I said before there seems to be loss of communication along the way which does not allow us to get past that one screen and gets us shut down.
    Is this still the graphics card causing this problem? Or is it a PWI issue? Or perhaps both?

Granted my card is only 128mb and, honestly, I do kind of believe that there is simply not enough memory on my card to run this new update, but if those requirements have not changed since Genesis came out and I had not met them then, why is it I was able to play then and not now? Again, perhaps due to the lack of memory my graphics card has. I simply do not know.

But I have found a new system- a new computer. Well it's not new new but it's newer than mine. What do you think about a computer that has a GeForce 7600GT, 527mb memory graphics card in it?
    Do you think that would work for me?b:surrender

If the problem is really the lack of memory on our graphics cards then I would think one with a **** load more memory would work fine. Even a better graphics card with the same 128mb memory would work from what I hear but since my computer has what it has-the choice between getting another graphics card for it or just getting a newer computer- the choice seems easy to me. My computer is 8 years old now and I love it and it runs and it turns on everyday. But it IS outdated and u can only update old computers so much.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the problem is that the updated client uses pixel shader 2.0 and those old cards don't support it.

All you need to do is find a cheap AGP video card that will work in your system that supports the pixel shader 2.0. (Which happens to be the ti4200.)
    You can find a card that will work in your outdated system, but still meets the minimum requirements for about $15.
    Then start saving up, because the next update to the engine will likely exclude every CPU from the P4 and earlier, causing those of you with Pentium 4 or Celeron system to be SoL again.

From Wal-Mart you can get a decently equipped i5 system, complete with monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse and everything for under $200 refurbished. That should be your current goal, and the minimum goal for just about anyone who has a computer that's more than 5 or 6 years old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jillibaby1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the problem is that the updated client uses pixel shader 2.0 and those old cards don't support it.

All you need to do is find a cheap AGP video card that will work in your system that supports the pixel shader 2.0. (Which happens to be the ti4200.)
    You can find a card that will work in your outdated system, but still meets the minimum requirements for about $15.
    Then start saving up, because the next update to the engine will likely exclude every CPU from the P4 and earlier, causing those of you with Pentium 4 or Celeron system to be SoL again.

From Wal-Mart you can get a decently equipped i5 system, complete with monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse and everything for under $200 refurbished. That should be your current goal, and the minimum goal for just about anyone who has a computer that's more than 5 or 6 years old.

I thought the pixel shader was 3.1 according to the minimum requirements. Or 3.0...one of those.
    Well then I would have to say either we all run to Wal-Mart and check out a refurbished computer, update our graphics cards on the ones we have now or check out the local pawn shops like I did. I honestly did not know Wal-Mart sold refurbished computers, I thought the ones they had there were all new and I sure as heck never saw one there for under 200 dollars, at least not at my local one. My problem is I dont need a monitor, keyboard, mouse or speakers, all I need is a tower and to buy just that it's usually more money than buying an entire system like you mentioned.
    But for someone like me it would be a total waste to buy something with a bunch of stuff I dont need and wont use.
    I just need a tower...and those alone are not cheap, if you bundle sure you can get something at a decent price. Just like everything else you can bundle. Or I can get an older computer but newer than mine, with a blue ray disc player, keyboard and monitor for under 200 dollars too. Even tho again I dont need the accessories but the fact that blue ray disc players go for about 100 dollars alone...or more, depending upon what brand you buy, getting a free one along with a computer, for around 175 dollars seems a better deal for me.
    But that's just me- if anyone else out there has 200 dollars and wants something brand spanking new and all of the accessories that go with it, then find yer local Wal-Mart. b:chuckle

I suppose to each thier own- not saying the deal at the store is not a good one but for me, someone who does not need all of that extra stuff- I would rather go with something else that does not have so much extra stuff that I wont use anyways and a blue ray disc player for free.
    Plus I would rather save that 25 dollars.
    I just wish this entire thing was not such a problem for any of us. It was suppose to be just so easy.

Just update the game, click start and play. And yet here we are, stuck, not able to play, talking about our problems on a forum.
    It's sad and it hurts...I miss my in game friends already...I miss playing. What's worse is that although I love the computer have, right now I hate it due to the fact that it's not a better one.
  • _Quaz_ - Archosaur
    _Quaz_ - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Having the same issue as you guys yeah, exept I got an even older pc with GForce 3 Mx. I can't run the game, that suck, but honestly with that CPU game sucked anyways ... Soo, going to the store tomorrow and getting a new one. Been having this **** for long enough already. Sorry for you guys who don't have money to buy a new one, hope you find a way to get in there, but I doubt it since the devs been so quiet about it. GL anyways!
  • Someangel - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    the page actually said shader 1.3
    but lets assume they haven't changed it yet, especially seeing how back when shaders were new technology the graphics card companies competed to make shader 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 . literally they updated the shaders so fast, new technology became old overnight

and from my knowledge when i was messing with my cards shaders, the minimum is 2.0
    i.e. some effects like warp can be noted if you do not have a shader 2.0 card as just being all "glitchy" and weird (you can see warp in action if you meditate and zoom in close enough to see your character against a background)
    so, lemme narrow it down for ya
    you got 2 options
    1.) beg and fight the devs who most likely don't play the game alot (prestige, anyone?) for a fix/removal of the book.
    2.) shell out $30~$60 for a graphics card, and enjoy the games graphics alittle more

personally, the second option i vote for, especially if you like this game, your getting your money's worth
    all you gotta replace is the gpu
  • bbeluska
    bbeluska Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    As i see in the game there are no fancy changes!
    Only the login screen's animation is to "heavy" for our graphic cards.
    Anyone tryed with the GeForce5 FX5200(or something from this level)?