freezes at book opening

Options
missinglinklr
missinglinklr Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
dl was long but fine, try to play and when it gets to book opening it freezes, anyone else have this issue? how can i resolve this?
Post edited by missinglinklr on

Comments

• Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    BUMP!!!

Seriously can we get a response to this? I've got the same problem. Completely locks up my computer.
  • Litor - Archosaur
    Litor - Archosaur Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    dl was long but fine, try to play and when it gets to book opening it freezes, anyone else have this issue? how can i resolve this?

I am having the same problem , not sure what to do. b:cry
  • mygello
    mygello Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am having same problem, after I click continue on the announcements box it shows a desert landscape with a book in the middle. The book never opens, and everything freezes.
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hope there is a fix to this soon =/
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I agree, I've got a faction relying on me and I"d really like to be available for TW this weekend >.>
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay so I loaded the client multiple times , everytime it freezes at the book but sometimes I can hear the music , dunno if that helps any. b:cry
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just crashes right away when I open through the foldder.
  • mygello
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ive updated my dx9 and tried switching my graphics to the lowest possible setting and resolution, ---NO HELP :(

Has anyone gotten a solve for this issue, or when you do can you please post here.

Lvl 100 cleric
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    mygello wrote: »
    ive updated my dx9 and tried switching my graphics to the lowest possible setting and resolution, ---NO HELP :(

Has anyone gotten a solve for this issue, or when you do can you please post here.

Lvl 100 cleric

i did the same , still broken
  • missinglinklr
    edited February 2012
    Options
    verifying now hopefully that'l help, if it does ill let yall know
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have same totaly same problem as u all guys, only thing from all this sad things which make me litle les sad is that i see am not alone in this
    pls pls some smart mod help us.
    ty<3
    ps: still pls help
  • Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am currently dealing with this right now and I know what you mean by a faction relying on you to be there. I had a feeling this expansion would cause chaos. Always happens. But as for the freezing. I have no clue. Let me ask you all this. Does the client suddenly close on you sometimes. When the info box pops up. Let it sit there for a moment and see if the game closes down. It's either that or freezing. Upsetting this is. b:angry
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sometimes it does. most of the time it just sits there on the screen until I hit ok and then the ENTIRE computer locks up.
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am currently dealing with this right now and I know what you mean by a faction relying on you to be there. I had a feeling this expansion would cause chaos. Always happens. But as for the freezing. I have no clue. Let me ask you all this. Does the client suddenly close on you sometimes. When the info box pops up. Let it sit there for a moment and see if the game closes down. It's either that or freezing. Upsetting this is. b:angry

I let mine sit at the info box a few times everytime it crashes now.
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options

First batch of information to help you with the latest update:

It may take you 1-3 hours to autopatch the game on a broadband connection.

Manual patches will be on the download page and also here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...282#post818282

It is probably best to use the manual patches directly from perfect world:

Patch 606-612 (862MB)
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_606-612.cup

Patch 580-612 (870MB)
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_580-612.cup

Because so many of the game files are going to be changed, it may be a good idea to temporariliy disable or shut down your antivirus or firewall while updating until you can login. If you have added the game folder to the exception list for your security software, it may not be an issue. It will take some trial and error on your part.

You may have to restart the launcher multiple times.

Thank you all for your dedication, patience, and understanding on this latest major release!

If you encounter a DirectX error or invisible characters, try updating this:

Web Installer
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Second batch of information to help you:

Please restart your PC and network hardware first and try again.

Here is some information that can help you.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

After you get the game updated and get in game, you can uninstall Pando Media Booster or shut it down (PMB.exe in Windows Task Manager) if you start getting unusual lag spikes, system resource problems, bandwidth issues, or other network issues. Info about pando issues: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4042

You may need to update or install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You may need to update your version of Windows, also may need to update to the latest version of DirectX and Internet Explorer 8 or 9 with Javascript enabled. You may also need to check or change your network settings. In addition, you should check that your CPU, mainboard, and CPU drivers are updated if applicable.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?

This is the response I got to my ticket.
    This is also a giant heaping pile of unhelpful
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

What errors did you get?

Those are the most common issues that solve the issue for most of our players.

It helps us if you help us be able to help you.

If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html or http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis then download and install the program.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your ticket.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your ticket.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options

What errors did you get?

Those are the most common issues that solve the issue for most of our players.

It helps us if you help us be able to help you.

If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html or http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis then download and install the program.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your ticket.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your ticket.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.

Okay I sent all my stuff ty for posting this.
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ok my ticket was updated with the information you asked for. Let me know if you want me to repost what I posted on my ticket here.
  • TobiasTiger - Lost City
    TobiasTiger - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And maybe, just maybe post a fix here. Since so many people are having these issues with this update PWE and the staff at PWI really SHOULD BE MORE ON TOP OF THIS ISSUE AND GIVING INFO TO THE PLAYERS.

How stupid does a company have to be to do an update of this nature and leave players hanging like this? Maybe it is time to just stop spending any money on this game and move on. This is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    if/when I get some sort of response on my ticket again I'll post a fix (if there is one)
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ummmm?? all they sent me was the same thing they sent you the first time about which patch ect ect.
  • TobiasTiger - Lost City
    TobiasTiger - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    See this is one thing I will NEVER be able to understand. I play PerfectWorld, I don't work for PerfectWorld. Why in the world would I want to do some work in order to play this game?!? What kind of idiocy is that?

If you, meaning PWI, want me to do some work so that your game works then you have to pay me for my work. If you fix your game, post that information on the site here and when I check back I might download your fix and continue to play your game. Otherwise... well you get the idea. And if you don't then you're too dumb for me to want to play your game any more.
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    any news?
  • missinglinklr
    edited February 2012
    Options
    waiting for reply, if one is ever sent.
  • mygello
    edited February 2012
    Options
    has anyone fixed this with verifying? im trying it now , it takes hours.
  • missinglinklr
    edited February 2012
    Options
    about 1/2 way through verifying, ill let ya know.b:tiredb:sleep
  • Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Only thing I can do is wait. Glad I have netflix lol. If it doesn't get fixed. I'm done with PWI. Spent too much money and worked too hard on my toon to deal with this ****. They won't admit they messed up. For some the game is working. For others like us were pretty much at a brick wall. I'm not submitting a ticket as so many others have. This is not cool. Not cool what so ever. I can play wow on this pc no problem. New expansion and all and it's 10 times the size of pwi. This is crazy.b:angry

By the way if it freezes up again. Just hit Cntrl alt and delete. You'll see pwi isn't responding. Just end the session. Good luck to us all!
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This sucks -.-
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Only thing I can do is wait. Glad I have netflix lol. If it doesn't get fixed. I'm done with PWI. Spent too much money and worked too hard on my toon to deal with this ****. They won't admit they messed up. For some the game is working. For others like us were pretty much at a brick wall. I'm not submitting a ticket as so many others have. This is not cool. Not cool what so ever. I can play wow on this pc no problem. New expansion and all and it's 10 times the size of pwi. This is crazy.b:angry

By the way if it freezes up again. Just hit Cntrl alt and delete. You'll see pwi isn't responding. Just end the session. Good luck to us all!

Can't even curl+alt+del whole computer freezes
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No reply yet , this is bumming me out