freezes at book opening

Options

Comments

• _Quaz_ - Archosaur
    _Quaz_ - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm sure there's no problems with Gforce 5x +. And even if you didn't notice any changes within the game dosen't mean there isn't. I doubt its just the book at the login, it just means they changed something somewhere that certain users 4x and below can't manage anymore, I am really no pro, I wish I could solve that issue myself but yeah when my Hard disk poofed I had to change it and yeah, I doubt I can post any ebay links out here but you can get a gforce 7x for around 40$, so for thoses who don't want to upgrade their whole system, there's that cheaper option. And it should make the game much more enjoyable
  • Someangel - Sanctuary
    Someangel - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yes, there are no heavy changes to the game, its just that book and the shading
    that it uses.
  • bbeluska
    bbeluska Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think it's just the book, because i have my onboard graphic card with 64MB memory, with no fancy 3D capabilities, no shaders or something like that, and the game works as before with my MX4
    So actually i've downgraded my system a little:)
  • _Quaz_ - Archosaur
    _Quaz_ - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Then that suck. Like we enjoy a freaking book opening animation b:angry
  • Someangel - Sanctuary
    Someangel - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    most times the integrated card supports software shading of some sort, not much of a downgrade
  • bbeluska
    bbeluska Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Maybe, i have to check out, i think it was a kind of a downgrade because some games were much better with the GeForce like NFS UG2 or SWAT4.
    "Sorry for off topic!"
    I am wondering if there is a possibility to configure the game's graphic or is there some configuration at the Nvidia Control panel which can let us play the game.

Opinion?

With respect Paudits Bela.
  • xghostx16
    xghostx16 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm sure there's no problems with Gforce 5x +. And even if you didn't notice any changes within the game dosen't mean there isn't. I doubt its just the book at the login, it just means they changed something somewhere that certain users 4x and below can't manage anymore, I am really no pro, I wish I could solve that issue myself but yeah when my Hard disk poofed I had to change it and yeah, I doubt I can post any ebay links out here but you can get a gforce 7x for around 40$, so for thoses who don't want to upgrade their whole system, there's that cheaper option. And it should make the game much more enjoyable

Then how was Perfect world working fine before? "And even if you didn't notice any changes within the game dosen't mean there isn't" Well that shouldn't affect our Geforce4 cards.
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    bbeluska wrote: »
    Maybe, i have to check out, i think it was a kind of a downgrade because some games were much better with the GeForce like NFS UG2 or SWAT4.
    "Sorry for off topic!"
    I am wondering if there is a possibility to configure the game's graphic or is there some configuration at the Nvidia Control panel which can let us play the game.

Opinion?

With respect Paudits Bela.

Maybe... I will try.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    Then how was Perfect world working fine before? "And even if you didn't notice any changes within the game dosen't mean there isn't" Well that shouldn't affect our Geforce4 cards.
    It affects your GeForce4 card because the MX4000 is actually a re-stamped GeForce2 that doesn't even meet GeForce3 standards. The fact that it was labeled as a 4 was a marketing gimmick.

I tried it on the minimum mentioned ti4200 and it worked fine. (Although mine had 128MB ram rather than 64MB.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Litor - Archosaur
    Litor - Archosaur Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no reply on my ticket , i doubt they will fix this
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no reply on my ticket , i doubt they will fix this

Mainly because there is nothing for them to fix. It is working as intended. The problem is with your systems no longer meeting the minimum specifications to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mainly because there is nothing for them to fix. It is working as intended. The problem is with your systems no longer meeting the minimum specifications to play.

it has the minimum requirements , i already checked.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    it has the minimum requirements , i already checked.

Feel free to post your specs, a dxdiag, and a HiJackThis log and I'll take a look. I'm assuming that you're having the same issue with it locking up at the book.

Same goes for anyone else reading this. Either post the info, or send me a PM with it and I'll be happy to look it over. I'm not on the PWE support team, but I have worked in the same position before and am more than happy to help in my free time if it will get some of you guys playing again faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Feel free to post your specs, a dxdiag, and a HiJackThis log and I'll take a look. I'm assuming that you're having the same issue with it locking up at the book.

Same goes for anyone else reading this. Either post the info, or send me a PM with it and I'll be happy to look it over. I'm not on the PWE support team, but I have worked in the same position before and am more than happy to help in my free time if it will get some of you guys playing again faster.

Okay I will get it all together ,sent it all in a ticket and they didn't reply yet so I will just see what you can tell me.
  • joshuap102
    joshuap102 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I spent over 200 dollars on this game now i can't even play it now since the new upgrade i think someone should pay me back for all my hard earned cash lol!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    joshuap102 wrote: »
    I spent over 200 dollars on this game now i can't even play it now since the new upgrade i think someone should pay me back for all my hard earned cash lol!

Seriously?

Assuming that the reason you can't play is because your computer no longer meets the minimum requirements to play, that's a pretty stupid statement. Should have spent the $200 on upgrading your existing computer, or getting a new one that was made more recently than 10+ years ago. Spending $200 on pixels when you have an outdated computer just isn't a smart choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joshuap102
    joshuap102 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry for the misunderstanding downloaded the old game version genesis and it works fine but 200 dollars is alot for a game a rpg nut like me!
  • ClearOpaque - Sanctuary
    ClearOpaque - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I finally finished reading all the posts sent here, heh.

Sylen, I have the dxdiag log and hijack this log. Is there somewhere I can send the information to you or would you rather me post it here? To clarify assumptions, yes I am having the same book freeze/crash as stated within this topic, but I'm not only looking for any possible fix, but also information so I would know how my configurations would cause hic-ups on any other would be games I would seek to download in the future. Overall I'm just looking for a diagnostic synopsis on how my settings are affected with the current issue. I hope I asked this clear enough...
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I finally finished reading all the posts sent here, heh.

Sylen, I have the dxdiag log and hijack this log. Is there somewhere I can send the information to you or would you rather me post it here? To clarify assumptions, yes I am having the same book freeze/crash as stated within this topic, but I'm not only looking for any possible fix, but also information so I would know how my configurations would cause hic-ups on any other would be games I would seek to download in the future. Overall I'm just looking for a diagnostic synopsis on how my settings are affected with the current issue. I hope I asked this clear enough...
    yes be sure to use the [code] tags for wrapping the log data with so that it doesn't create a massive wall post. (Looks like "#" in the editor.)

Oh, I see your PM's.... responded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ClearOpaque - Sanctuary
    ClearOpaque - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yes be sure to use the [code] tags for wrapping the log data with so that it doesn't create a massive wall post. (Looks like "#" in the editor.)

Oh, I see your PM's.... responded.

Thank you. I've sent a reply; I was cooking earlier so sorry it wasn't sooner.
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Reinstalling
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    morning ppl
    i did reinstal to, i verify again xDb:chuckle
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    still no ticket reply LOL
  • Litor - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    this sucks I have tried EVERYTHING and I still get stuck at the book , today had the book half opened , always had it closed b4 , so w/e I did helped but not enough.
  • drats666
    drats666 Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    Options

I don't have this problem, but if this is the case then perfect world is truely **** themselves over. by making an update that knocks out a significant portion of their players then they are knocking out a portion of their income. because players are no longer able to play then they wont be paying for the lousy gold premium stuff.

Also, by this event i'm sure the support system is flooded with frustrated players who are no longer able to play. which weakens the support system because instead of support working on other issues, they have to deal with the massive flood of angry complaints and issues about pw no longer working because they poorly choose to rule out several older computers.
  • Aquanova - Sanctuary
    Aquanova - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Ok so if my pc no longer meets min requirements since update.. tell me please why i can play Forsaken world.. which has same min requirments?
  • Phantazm - Dreamweaver
    Phantazm - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:questionyea how can i play Forsaken world if my pc dont meet min requirments.. if you check min requirments of both games they are the same???
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Temporary fix!
    Go here to download program and see the steps on how to do it!
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1302441

Note: You get lag when in city's and around lots of people so its only a temp. fix.
  • Phantazm - Dreamweaver
    Phantazm - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yea! done temp fix and it works... been into arch and no probs... so far... not been in an instance yet tho... but at least i can play... Big THX to SylenThunder for the fixb:victory
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yea! done temp fix and it works... been into arch and no probs... so far... not been in an instance yet tho... but at least i can play... Big THX to SylenThunder for the fixb:victory

Hay! I helped too!!! Lol