Descent v612 update - Can't Patch, Invisible Chars, .dll error, HELP!

Options

Comments

• adramalech
    adramalech Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I like how PW instead of fixing the **** up stated in the official forum that we are gonna hae to troubleshoot outselves to get the game working... They have to keep in mind that most people that play this game dont have any advanced computer skills to do all the troubleshooting, manually installing a file etc.... Please make a patch so people including my game wife who cannot get on game can play again...
    Pretty Please ^.^
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    adramalech wrote: »
    I like how PW instead of fixing the **** up stated in the official forum that we are gonna hae to troubleshoot outselves to get the game working... They have to keep in mind that most people that play this game dont have any advanced computer skills to do all the troubleshooting, manually installing a file etc.... Please make a patch so people including my game wife who cannot get on game can play again...
    Pretty Please ^.^

I do have to agree with you on this...lol...but there are also many many of us that use older computers and have older graphics cards as well and u would think they would have figured that out before the update.
    this is a business for them I get that, and they are trying to gear towards the people that have the updated computers and pay more but what about those of us that have been playing for a while that dont? This major update should have been suited for everyone, not just those that have jobs and can afford new computers.

I have put alot of money in to the game in the last year I have been playing myself, $1000 dollars or more and I have been out of work...but yet I still put that kind of money into the game, why? Well tht is the million dollar questino but I did, and I deserve just as much right to play on my older computer as anyone who has a new computer and better graphics cards. They should have thought about that beforehand and made sure this update would work for everyone.
    So now they are seeing all of this feeback, seeing what issues people are having and you can be sure they are working on fixing it but it could take time.

They dont usually do updates and patches but once a week so it could be next week before they have this issue resolved, or longer. So either we all sit back and twiddle our thumbs until they fix it or try and come up with a few bucks and get new graphics cards which will be cheaper than a whole new computer.

We keep going on about these problems and issues and that's great...you can be sure they are fixing the problem. It is loss of money either way for them with all of these people that cant play, some lvl 100 and you can be sure they have put at least a little money into the game- so every day ppl like us are not able to play, it's loss of money. You can be sure they are working on it.
  • demitron666
    demitron666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to ask, if someone has encountered the same issue. I play PWI since 2 years now on the same system. No problems so far.

After the Descent Patch Update (I Downloaded it manually) I have game Freezes. I must then restart my system. Besides I have no graphic bug oder sth like that. My Graphic-Card Drivers were up to date, nevertheless I reinstlalled them today. Still freezes.

I can say I played other games today for hours and no freezes so far. So it must be a problem with PWI.

Any1 got the same problems?
  • nzgirl
    nzgirl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:laughI was having the same issue. I guess the issue is with the web installer. Anyways, I ended up going to CNET and downloading the ex-tractable version. Just make sure you have a folder set aside to extract everything to; this baby has a ton of cabs. Then just run DXSETUP.exe from where you extracted all of the files. Problem solved... well at least for me.

here is the link i used:

http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-DirectX-Drivers-Redistributable/3000-2121_4-10305889.html

It is very important to run dxsetup.exe from the folder that you set up to hold the cabs.

Hope this helps someone.
  • thechronnos
    thechronnos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xorchlst wrote: »
    I see everyone getting a runtime error after patch up, so here is the solutionb:pleased:

Try to Download DirectX9.0c from
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

if the error still occurs, download d3dx9_42.dll from
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_42
    paste it in C:\Windows\System32
    Open run.exe and type "REGSVR32 d3dx9_42.dll"

Restart the launcher, and there you gob:victory

i thought that i finally got sth usefull..... but after typing that command into command line i recieved another error msg that its not compatible with my system...... i tried many things but characters are still invissible and im getting mad...........b:cryb:angry
  • wildacexxstunt
    wildacexxstunt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Is there anyone that can help me with my problem that I posted back near the end of page 11?
  • tiffaniee2k11
    tiffaniee2k11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i had the game already & it updated perfectly fine , but all of a sudden it uninstalled itself & i'm wondering why . i downloaded that directx 9.0 thing still nothing , i manually download it but it wont work without wingzip or something like that now i downloaded the regular way & it said error now how the **** do i install the game ? i did everything it said to do & i'm getting pissed off i was waiting til the 15th its been 2 days now that i didn't play . & no one is helping me soo can someone HELP WITH THIS **** PLEASE b:angry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can do our best to help you.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    MysLibby - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay.. I'll just start out by being the first person to do this then.

1. Computer: Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz 480 MB of RAM

2. 32bit Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002 with Service Pack 3

I have the new DirectX update downloaded and installed, and it keeps telling me Enter Game fails even after I verify.
    Right now I've uninstalled then reinstalled and did the manual 580 patch.
    Let me know if this will work or not work.
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i cant download the patch it gives error of the server so i thinkis over if i cant get the patch i am leaving the game XD b:bye was nice while it was playable b:laugh is so big that should be a torrent for the patch b:bye
  • Katerena - Sanctuary
    Katerena - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'vr reinstalled, run the directx fix, all for nothing. The game ran fine until I updated. I get a message, "Game start fail". That's it.
  • retardsmash
    retardsmash Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I uninstalled PWI and reinstalled it and I'm still missing a file can someone help me with this
  • dakillad
    dakillad Posts: 0
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:angry THIS IS ABUNCH OF ****!!! DAMN FAILURE CLIENT!! Can i get my old version back
  • _JoeJoe_ - Dreamweaver
    _JoeJoe_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Is there anyone that can help me with my problem that I posted back near the end of page 11?

I would help but Im still downloading the flicking game been 6 hours finally on 612 downloadb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • _JoeJoe_ - Dreamweaver
    _JoeJoe_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    dakillad wrote: »
    b:angry THIS IS ABUNCH OF ****!!! DAMN FAILURE CLIENT!! Can i get my old version back

Did you restart the computer????b:questionb:question
  • jillibaby1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can do our best to help you.
    -
    -
    After verifying the files, yet again- I am still unable to get into the game, I get shut out at the annoucement screen, it just logs off on me.
    Same problem I have been having for the last day now.

You want information? okay well I will give you the info from my computer...but not sure how it's going to help u.
    Here is the DxDiag files:

System Information
    Time of this report: 2/16/2012, 19:18:30
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.111025-1629)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 06
    System Model: DB287A-ABA 864N
    BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Page File: 456MB used, 1240MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode-
    -
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.
    -
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce4 MX 440
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0171&SUBSYS_02D31043&REV_A3
    Display Memory: 128.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9371 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 10/22/2006 12:22:00, 4527488 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 10/22/2006 12:22:00, 3994624 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4231-11CF-6857-D92202C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0171
    SubSys ID: 0x02D31043
    Revision ID: 0x00A3
    Revision ID: 0x00A3
    hX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    -

I dont know how much else u want from the DxDiag, but what I gave you shows all of the information you have requested...
    I still think the problem is my graphics card. It's only 128Mb and although that might have worked for Genesis, it apparantly will not work for Decent because of something that you people did with the update. There must have been a better graphics update or something along the way and due to that, my 128mb graphics card will not work. Me and a **** load ton of other people.
    As I said I verfied the files again- and I still cannot get into the game. Where as just a few days ago I was playing just fine. Since the update- my life sucks because I cannot get in.

I dont know why you are saying that it's all of our faults and that we have to figure out our own problems here. Doing this update and changing everything around was not OUR problem. PWI did this update and ever since, half the people cant play it because we cant get in. How does that make it our problem?
    I had no problems playing Genesis for months with the way my computer is and now, I cant even get past the annoucement screen before I get shut down with Decent.

This is not our problem. You need to come up with better reasons as to why we cannot get in or get past a certain screen and then get shut down. It shuts us down before the log in screen so somewhere between the annoucement screen and the log in screen, there is loss of communication someplace...perhaps instead of saying this is all of our faults, you should try and explain in more detail as to why this is happening.
  • darkmortal665
    darkmortal665 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Seems this is the latest fad for games now :D (atleast for me anyway) Last game I played before I came back to PWI had these kind of issues literally almost every single update possible. Got old real quick, but I guess I'm a little used to it. Had the benefit of luck on my side though being that I knew someone who had the smarts to help figure out and fix things for me. Great friend, but so many time's having to have him help made me feel like ****. Mainly things that fixed numerous times were client patchers being out of date. Unfortunately the programmers never knew how to give us any links for the proper update for the patcher. Other times were files not updating properly and had to recieve files sent over msn from people with working clients.

I'm still on my second updating, and it took 13 hrs the first time :D! I'm up way late comparing to my usual sleeping schedule, my eyes feel dry, really need to sleep but its like 95% done even though it'll probably be another hour or so at least before finished. And doesn't seem to be any quicker this time either. I wish I were most of you at least only having to wait 6 or so hours. I had the game start fail message after d/ling directx9.0 so I'm still way back waiting to find out if completely deleting/redownloading/reinstalling/re-updating will even let me get to the log in page :< I really don't care at this point whether I can see my char or any in game problems if I can talk in my faction I'd be perfectly happy to be able to till they can get these things situated out and re-patcbed to work properly. So I'm still hoping that I'll even be able to log in yet as well.

Anyway people, I've noticed the same exact things being spammed on every page and it's a bit of a problem going through all these pages that really could only be a few. :/ Some need to read through a lot more often before assuming no one else has already mentioned. And if you've already seen it and the "fix" provided for you didn't help please be more specific that you've tried that already. I'm sure they're trying to figure things out as so many people are having different problems and obviously for those of you who went spamming issue reports, the same issues have already been addressed here in the many many pages among this forum thread AND the "decent is now live" announcement. So not to be insulting but just think about it if you want them to help better don't make things more frustrating for everyone possible because you don't want to read thoroughly. x_X I really don't think you need to worry about them even bothering with the reports.. I sure wouldn't care about those right now.

I've yet to find a fix for the game start fail, so I've read through every page possible while waiting for the update to finish again in case I run into something more if this helps I'll know what to try. I just happened to think while doing so, about all they're going through. It's obvious they're trying if not there best surely enough for us to try and be patient... spamming all over the place just gives them more to go through instead of focusing on fixing it rather than finding each and every problem we're having.
  • darkmortal665
    darkmortal665 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sorry I tend to write a lot when I get going xD.. I was known as the brick wall master on tribal wars for brick walls of text's :> But ya just wanted to say one more thing we should be greatful for on my experience, the other game I played with issues like this every time also the admins/programmers never bothered to try giving us advice to help out >_>. The people of the forums had to work together every time to figure things out and help everyone themselves. Rarely did I see anything useful posted this early on there. :<
  • jillibaby1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Welps how's about a computer that has a NIVIDIA GeForce 7600GT, 527mb memory graphics card in it?
    Do you all think that would work? LOL....

I was gonna just get a new graphics card but- I researched a computer I found and came across some interesting information about it. Although its more of a video editing type of computer, it is game-friendly due to the graphics card and speed and memory and processor, lol.
    Seeing as how it seems we now need a graphics card that is 4200 or higher or higher than 128mb, I figured something that had 7600 and 527mb would work quite nicely, not to mention the fact that it has extra slots to install another card down the line if need be.
    The computer itself can be expanded and it's just kinda cool looking.

It's used- but the price seems right for what it comes with and just the specs on it alone seems worth it to me to get.
    And again- the fact that it seems we now need better graphics card to run this new update it's either invest a little bit of money on something used that's a heck of alot better than what I got, or wait and wait for weeks or so until I come up with enough money to buy something new and be out of the game for that long. Personally I am not gonna wait weeks and weeks and it's my guess that PWI will tell you it's not thier problem anyways like they always do.

Although I am sure that they could find a fix for this so that everyone could get into the game, no matter what kind of computer you have or what kind of graphics card you using, they never seem to do anything very fast so between waiting to come up with a ton of cash to get a new computer or spend a little and get something I know will work now, or, wait for weeks til PWI comes up with a fix...hmmmm...

Not a hard decision. A computer is a computer as far as I am concerned and even tho the one I have my eye on is mostly for video editing, it's still a computer with a really nice graphics card and it's fast, and it's got a ton of memory...Not that I dont like the computer I have but it's 8 years old and although I can keep trying to update it and update it...u can only update an old computer so much.
    The only downfall of this other computer is that it has Windows Vista- that in itself is a problem but if you keep the service packs up to date, it runs fine.

However the major problems here is the lack of a good graphics card on the computer I have and until that gets changed, there will be no game playing for me on this computer.
  • rainakitty85
    rainakitty85 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jillibaby1 wrote: »
    As I have stated in other posts, the problem may not be with your DirectX it could be your graphics card.

Although your graphics card worked properly before the update- and may still be working just fine, somewhere along the way during the updates, it may have become uncompatable with the game.
    These issues started after the update right? Okay well, it's very possible that your graphics card or driver can no longer communicate with the game, making it an in game only issue obviously, but until they fix the problem, either u wont be able to play or you will have issues such as invisible characters or things missing in game.

It may not necessarily have to do with your Direct X updates or Direct X at all. Most are able to get into the game fine but once inside you have other issues and it's possible that is because of your graphics card. Those of us with an older version graphics card can not even get into the game at all, there is no communication between the game and our cards so we get stuck on the announcement page and then get logged out automatically.
    So those of you who are lucky enough to even get into the game at all, yay for you. At least you can play even if things are invisible.

For those of us who cant even get that far, we are frustrated, upset and angry that just a few days ago our graphics cards worked fine and now...after this update, they dont and we can not play. So be happy that you can at least get in because there are many many of us who cannot.

thank you u have not said it any better then what I could have said!

I started downloading the game early mounring whenit first came out with the new patch and all I was getting was a error message in chinese... I press yes for the hell of it and then get the the policy page just fine till I get to see the book and the book freezes! here I was told it is my grphics card and now I can not play! I understand how people feels with this game now and its really sad that we take the time and effort on the game and spend money to be what we can be and now we cant play!b:sad
  • abuanen
    abuanen Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    stupid idiots i update mil time each time take me 1 day GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • kaersarus
    kaersarus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    After upgrade i all character are invisible. What's happened?
  • blueangel89
    blueangel89 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    this application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem. ... can some1 tell me what i have to do ?
  • beckymcclure
    beckymcclure Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i went to site and downloaded it but it wont install gives me a error message then says installation fails and closes plz help me i have been tryin to get on pwi for days now

To Help With Patching issues:

It may take you 1-3 hours to autopatch the game on a broadband connection.

It is probably best to use the manual patches directly from perfect world:

Patch 606-612 (862MB)
    Patch 580-612 (870MB)

After you use the manual patch or complete the auto patch, restart your computer and then startup the launcher again.

Manual patches will be on the download page and also here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=818282#post818282

Because so many of the game files are going to be changed, it may be a good idea to temporariliy disable or shut down your antivirus or firewall while updating until you can login. If you have added the game folder to the exception list for your security software, it may not be an issue. It will take some trial and error on your part.

You may have to restart the launcher multiple times.

To help with the .dll/DirectX error, and having missing characters or NPCs in the game:

1) If you encounter a DirectX error, dll error, or invisible characters, try updating with this on Windows 7, Vista, and XP:[/COLOR][/B]

Web Installer
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

2) Then restart your computer.

You will need to install this if you get those kinds of errors, even if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 so that DirectX 9 files can be copied over to the right spot.

Your video chipset hardware needs to support features for DirectX 9.0c level minimum for graphic visuals. DirectX 9 came out in 2002 (10+ years ago), and 9.0c original spec came out in 2004.

Thank you all for your dedication, patience, and understanding on this latest major release!
  • gfeve
    gfeve Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    this application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem. ... can some1 tell me what i have to do ?

Sometimes restarting your computer will help. That's what I did after getting the same message and it worked fine...till I got in the game..all the chars, mobs, herbs, minerals, and npcs are invisible except for their names. I really hope there is a fix for this soon!
  • _PuRe__EviL_ - Archosaur
    _PuRe__EviL_ - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    When i open the Launch a small window pops up saying : ' This game requires: DirectX 9.0c Please update by yourself' can anyone help me? i have no idea how to do that b:surrender ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and ofc , when i click on 'START' it fails b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gfeve
    gfeve Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Good People of Perfect World,
    Please remember to check the first post and see if that works.
    I too had the same problem, but after downloading dx9 I was able to see all chars, mobs, herbs, and minerals.
    If you get the error saying you have to download dx9, restart your computer first, it could be just not reading the program/software right. If you still get the error, then follow the directions in the first post of this thread. That SHOULD work.
    It did for me. ^_^
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:pleased kk ty for helping me , i'll try that and hope that it works :3 ty for ur tips ^^b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkwolf669
    darkwolf669 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hi all i did the update and got the directx 9.0c and all that but now I get this error message

elementclient.exe- system error

The program can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your compter, to fix the problem try re-installing the progam

can anyone tell me why this happened or what i can do to just get this file because i only get so much for download a month. and with this update i am very close if not over my limit already.

thanks darkwolf
This discussion has been closed.