Descent v612 update - Can't Patch, Invisible Chars, .dll error, HELP!

Options

Comments

• bbeluska
    bbeluska Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Autopatched 9,5 hours
    then reinstalled and manualpached aprox 1,5 hours
    but in both situations after clicking the START a got into the startup screen with the Notice, when i click Confirm a book apears in a front of a nice desert image and i can hear the game's music. Is I see the book should open, but it's a sophisticated animation for my pc (this is just what i think) so the game sucks there i can't do nothing, if i close Elementclient then a don't send error pops up.

My config:
    CPU: 2800Mhz (celeron)
    RAM: 1GB
    VIDEO: GeForce4 64mb (the newest driver)
    Windows XP SP3 (with all updates, latest Dx)

I'm trying to solve this problem but i cand, on the forum noone has a solution,
    any clues hints?
    Thanks!
  • xorchlst
    xorchlst Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I see everyone getting a runtime error after patch up, so here is the solutionb:pleased:

Try to Download DirectX9.0c from
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

if the error still occurs, download d3dx9_42.dll from
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_42
    paste it in C:\Windows\System32
    Open run.exe and type "REGSVR32 d3dx9_42.dll"

Restart the launcher, and there you gob:victory
  • Ftelia - Dreamweaver
    Ftelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Windows XP should be updated to 9.0c with Service Pack 3.

You can do a search online for Microsoft Windows, how to update DirectX 9.0c, and how to update Service Packs from 1 or 2 to 3.

If you think that this is "Technical Support" you are very very wrong! Provide people with the necessary (ancient! 3 years old!) files and instruct them how to use them!
  • YourbellaC - Harshlands
    YourbellaC - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xorchlst wrote: »
    I see everyone getting a runtime error after patch up, so here is the solutionb:pleased:

I wish after 24 hours i was ever at this stage this really sucks! 24 hours to update and is not my internet or computer All others already getting 2x drops and exp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:angry
  • Trojax - Momaganon
    Trojax - Momaganon Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Almost 24 hours since I started to upgrade my client (Auto and Manual) to Descentb:sad
    Well, I hope somebody will find soon a solution with all this, otherwise... ...I loved ya PWI b:bye.
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xorchlst wrote: »

Well i tried this and I still get the same error I had when I started this Mess. The patcher still doesn't allow me to get into the game Client.
  • WizXXii - Heavens Tear
    WizXXii - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have this problem that the update missing some file so i reinstalled the whole game and brought me to Genesis..So when i download the whole Genesis one, when i started patching,,..my patcher dont work. Whenever i troubleshoot the compatibility it says "incompatible application...what should i do? I cant update my game!b:crb:surrender
  • Bravenwulf - Sanctuary
    Bravenwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, 24 hours after I started this update, I am still no further along than I was before I started. I have updated EVERYTHING. I ran dxdiag and the version I have is Directx9.0c (4.09.0000.0904). I have clicked on ALL the links on this forum to update my Directx and I get a message that says, "Unable to install because a newer or equivalent version has been detected." I did a search and the missing file is in my system. So, my Directx version is NOT the problem. But still, when I try to launch the game, I get the message "Enter game fail." I have downloaded the patch, performed the patch, verified files, uninstalled the game, re-downloaded the game, reinstalled the game, re-downloaded the patch, performed the patch again, verified files and STILL no success. I submitted a ticket to tech support 24 hours ago and still no response from them. Needless to say, I am very angry. I've spent thousands of $ on this game and now I can't play? This is ridiculous! Didn't it occur to you guys (PW) to test this patch BEFORE submitting it to the public? Obviously not because if you had, you would have known that this was going to be a problem for many people. This patch is a big failure on PW's part. And please, don't pacify me by telling me to be patient or thank me for my patience. While I can't get on the game, 2x drops, exp and spirit time is ticking by. The thousands of dollars I have wasted on this game is exactly that, a waste...because now I can't even play the game. I've been playing this game since 1 month after it came out. I don't need to quit playing this game, because as I can't get on the game to begin with, playing it isn't even an option...so PW, you just lost a **** load of money. Thanks for nothing!

b:angry
  • Pearlwings - Raging Tide
    Pearlwings - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    whats patch version with game installer ?(not the v612 i mean )

Hi I didnt need to download the active X as it told me i was up to date, however, when i play my screen freezes, if i bring it down i just get a black screen and nothing happens, it keeps doing this and to play the game i have to exit game and re-load it, this is getting annoying when it happens every 5 mins..can you please tell me what is wrong?
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    Llewelyn - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hi, pearl b:bye

Here is what I did:
    - uninstalled pwi (since the patcher got corrupted I assumed there was no way to fix it without uninstall)
    - redownloaded the client from the pwi web page + downloaded manual patches (whole night)
    - reinstalled new client and patched it manually, patched successfully (this does not cover patcher update though), got 9x bla bla dll error at start up
    - installed the DirectX9.0c (in spite of having 11 version) from one of the links in the http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1295981 thread
    a) first attempt ended up in error so i manually copied the missing dll - this allowed me to log into the game but I couldn't see any characters or npcs
    b) 2nd attempt was successful, I can see the characters and npcs now.

At the end I made a manual system restore point and only then allowed the patcher to upgrade since I was worried it might end up with the same error as I had at the beginning, but fortunately it did not.

Let's hope there's no more problems incoming, at the moment I can play pwi. I didnt try to play it long enough still to check if there are no freezes occuring.
  • Nodamei - Archosaur
    Nodamei - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I can't even download this: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35. What's up with that?
  • sheeners
    sheeners Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    you need to unpack directx 9.0c and copy in a file with that name to the folder element the game should run then. I had exact same problem and this fixed it
  • sheeners
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Same here.
    Game updated on manual patch, installed the DirectX9.0c also runetime version but when do i start game i have the message about it needs DirectX9.0, i reinstalled, restart pc but still nothing... i cannot play now after like 5 hours waiting for update complete.....
    the error msg i got is: missing file d3dx9_42.dll
    sheeners wrote: »
    you need to unpack directx 9.0c and copy in a file with that name to the folder element the game should run then. I had exact same problem and this fixed it
    hope it helps
  • wyrmstorm1
    wyrmstorm1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    haveing the same issues as many others here with the new update i:e missing dll file witch i sorted now got invisible characters cant even be botherded now trying to sort out as i am not the best with computers and my son also having issues so i thing my days playing this game are over can do without the hassles
  • abbycool
    abbycool Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have the latest direct x and c++, reinstalled the game 3 times using either automatic update either manual patch...i am logged as admin and all those settings...same thing happens ....when i press start...i get 10 secs delay and same stuff: enter game fails. now dont make me reinstall my os b:angry.

oh yeah and i verified also...

Even i Downloaded and Installed a **** Load of new softwares including Directx, that Dll files and C++ Files, yet same problem as stated above, 10 secs delay and Enter Game Fails b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pearlwings - Raging Tide
    Pearlwings - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hi, pearl b:bye

Here is what I did:
    - uninstalled pwi (since the patcher got corrupted I assumed there was no way to fix it without uninstall)
    - redownloaded the client from the pwi web page + downloaded manual patches (whole night)
    - reinstalled new client and patched it manually, patched successfully (this does not cover patcher update though), got 9x bla bla dll error at start up
    - installed the DirectX9.0c (in spite of having 11 version) from one of the links in the http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1295981 thread
    a) first attempt ended up in error so i manually copied the missing dll - this allowed me to log into the game but I couldn't see any characters or npcs
    b) 2nd attempt was successful, I can see the characters and npcs now.

At the end I made a manual system restore point and only then allowed the patcher to upgrade since I was worried it might end up with the same error as I had at the beginning, but fortunately it did not.

Let's hope there's no more problems incoming, at the moment I can play pwi. I didnt try to play it long enough still to check if there are no freezes occuring.

Wow Llewelyn,b:thanks that took you some time, it shouldnt have to be like that though, ill give it a shot once i get time, which at the moment i dont have.. Lovely to hear from you again by the way b:cute
  • SakiBloom - Dreamweaver
    SakiBloom - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    did everything on the fourm. And still cant see my character. WTH is wrong?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Im having a lot of dc's plus too much laggy(graphical lagg) but my connection is good .
    any help will be . Thank you
    b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am pushing to try and get a new current version game client made ASAP. No ETA. It would be nice if this week, but may be next week. Don't sweat it, we understand the issues! b:sad

The DirectX update and manual patches fixes it for many.

Another thing I have noticed is, it seems like the game may require DirectX 9 level video hardware to be able to push all the shader effects and such for the game. I don't have any verification of this, it is a working theory based on everyone's feedback and the dxdiags we have reviewed so far. (speaking of which, TS tickets may be slightly slower on replies, we are working through them for you all! b:surrender) If you have DirectX 8 or earlier level video hardware, you may have a more challenging time running the game.

Thank you all for your patience and feedback, and we love you for your dedication to your game! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • killerpatito
    killerpatito Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i upload pwi yesterday, had the same problem like many ppl, delete pwi and reinstall, i download the DirectX9.0c as many ppl said but game still not work.
    i really like PWI but if today i cant find how to fix it, i think im quit playing, i already despair b:surrender
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ok death hey how goes it?

ok heres my deal the game loaded just fine on my moms and my girlfirends computer,but my dads is another story.i downloaded the 9.0,uninstaled and reinstaled the game.i have pacthed and verifed upteen number of times but still he has the same trouble "enter game fails".i have looked and it says he has the most up to date verision of the 9.0 thing but we cant find it at all in his files.where would it be so i can uninstal it and try to reinstal it?? working on downloading the game again.....
  • R_I_O - Lost City
    R_I_O - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I got Entering Game Fail ...... Can Some1 tell me what to do so i can star game on ????
  • akdsada
    akdsada Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    so does anyone know why when it says world_84.t2bk it goes a little bit then it says download appear error. want to try again? whats going on with this?
  • kikaju
    kikaju Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hi, I have windows 7 and directx version 11 and even that the chars are invisible. So tell me what now....
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    thanks the last link works
  • sheeners
    edited February 2012
    Options
    error messages:

"the application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found.Re-installing the application may fix this problem!"

verifying went without any troubles yet it keeps telling that something is missing.

Is it possible to post a link for the missing libraries?
    You need to copy that file to your element folder from directx 9.0c that is what i did and it worked
  • darling2012
    darling2012 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:cry

Ive been wanting to play this game for such a longtime now, but I am giving up :'( please help.

Ive practically attempted to download directx 9.0c from three different websites, and it still tells me that it's missing. What must I do?

Also, I do not know wether I have missing patches, I checked the "perfect world..." file, and I just don't know where to find or see the patches, so that I can check that I have them all.

:( please give instructions as straightforward and easy to use as possible!
    thankyou!!
  • Ambirs - Archosaur
    Ambirs - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a problem, update the game manually without problems everything perfect until it comes to play, including murder and Quie are my fly and I see only one wing, are two restart the game and nothing restart the pc and nothing went to see archo if it was just me and I see all tideborn with only one wing to fly, I honestly do not like this I recently bought some wings and presisamente was to see one wing. b:angry

sorry for my bad English I'm using a translator b:surrender
  • shellylanette
    shellylanette Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I did as specified and still have invisible characters. I manually added the d3dx9_42.dll . Also all mobs are invisible and all npc's. How can we fix this issue? I have windows Vista and have directx 9.0c as well as 11 version. Do I need to actually take off versions higher than 9.0c?
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    As I have stated in other posts, the problem may not be with your DirectX it could be your graphics card.

Although your graphics card worked properly before the update- and may still be working just fine, somewhere along the way during the updates, it may have become uncompatable with the game.
    These issues started after the update right? Okay well, it's very possible that your graphics card or driver can no longer communicate with the game, making it an in game only issue obviously, but until they fix the problem, either u wont be able to play or you will have issues such as invisible characters or things missing in game.

It may not necessarily have to do with your Direct X updates or Direct X at all. Most are able to get into the game fine but once inside you have other issues and it's possible that is because of your graphics card. Those of us with an older version graphics card can not even get into the game at all, there is no communication between the game and our cards so we get stuck on the announcement page and then get logged out automatically.
    So those of you who are lucky enough to even get into the game at all, yay for you. At least you can play even if things are invisible.

For those of us who cant even get that far, we are frustrated, upset and angry that just a few days ago our graphics cards worked fine and now...after this update, they dont and we can not play. So be happy that you can at least get in because there are many many of us who cannot.
This discussion has been closed.