freezes at book opening

Options

Comments

• MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well i just submited my tiket now and gona wait response and i hope i wont get answer get new this and that,
    lol if i get same responce as u i delete game from pc totaly and downloadin smth else.
  • tiger80
    tiger80 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    if they say buy new pc then i'll stop play this fail game and try play ( a i o n ) it work on all pc's b:victory
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What are you guys running that your driver/cards are older than the client?

I'm sorry, but if your PC is older than the game, it's time to get a new PC. Even a bargain basement system right now is like 100 times faster than what you have, and it's got 4x the processors on top of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    SylenThunder as u should know most this games are played by kids, so do u expect from kids to go to they parents and say mom and dad pls buy me new pc so i can play pwi?
    it is company that who should adapt to customers and not custopmers to company,
    edit: and Sylen so if now some new game come out and its published and we r goin to play it, do u sugest as again to buy new pc to adapt to this new game?
  • tiger80
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What are you guys running that your driver/cards are older than the client?

I'm sorry, but if your PC is older than the game, it's time to get a new PC. Even a bargain basement system right now is like 100 times faster than what you have, and it's got 4x the processors on top of that.

i don't pay to play and the game was working good before this fail update
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Most kids playing computers these days aren't using ancient single-core processes that this game was designed for.

However, most kids don't have a clue about internet security and malware/bloatware/whatever. So what heppens is that they have all this junk on their computer because they think it's cool and it's what is killing their gaming experience.

Not being intelligent about this though, they come out here and cry that the company is **** them over, when in reality they are just **** themselves over.

Seriously though, if it's taking you hours and hours to do these things, something is obviously wrong on your end. Look into it. Figure out what it is, and then take care of it or ask for help.

If you don't have the system to play the game, don't play the game. I mean really, reality check here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tiger80
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Most kids playing computers these days aren't using ancient single-core processes that this game was designed for.

However, most kids don't have a clue about internet security and malware/bloatware/whatever. So what heppens is that they have all this junk on their computer because they think it's cool and it's what is killing their gaming experience.

Not being intelligent about this though, they come out here and cry that the company is **** them over, when in reality they are just **** themselves over.

Seriously though, if it's taking you hours and hours to do these things, something is obviously wrong on your end. Look into it. Figure out what it is, and then take care of it or ask for help.

If you don't have the system to play the game, don't play the game. I mean really, reality check here.

ur words make me angry and not solve the problem so plz don't say anything not solve the problem am sorry about that
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sylen last thing we need right now is u to mock and make a fool from us coz on purpose or not u r doin this, most of us till now didnt had any problem and i mean ever, we r hopin or atleast i do that they can fix smth so we r able to play, if my game worked till this patch why it shouldnt work again, am sure they can do smth and fix it.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    tiger80 wrote: »
    ur words make me angry and not solve the problem so plz don't say anything not solve the problem am sorry about that

If any of you guys actually bothered to post your info, I'd be more than happy to take a shot at it. Unfortunately all I see is a bunch of people whining. (With the exception of a couple posting that they have video cards/systems that turn out to be older than the game.)

The game got an upgrade to more closely meet the demands/abilities of newer video cards, (made in the past 6 years or so), older systems are going to have issues. As will just about any game released in the past 5 years with an older system like that.

The problem won't get solved if you fail to provide information to work with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tiger80
    edited February 2012
    Options
    it was work good before this patch so they must fix this or lose customers

my pc
    cpu 3g cash 1 mega
    512 ram
    128 video card mx 4000
    windows xp sp3 last update
    direct x 9 last update

and this was working for a 3 years in this game
  • missinglinklr
    missinglinklr Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    your right my pc is from 2003? probably older than most who play this game. sorry my mommy and daddy dont buy me pcs whenever i want them to, i have to pay for my own things to put in my own house. getting a pc to replace one that works fine is pointless, this game isnt that great. time to head back to xbox or start playing a p2p game.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    no worryes about that missinglinklr, my pc probebly have same year of birth and its same old only i upgraide it os much that proly everything inside is replaced, from motherboard to all rest of ****, i alrdy did send a tiket so no point givin here same info, if they replay me same things as it was replayed to missinglinklr, than only things whats is left is to find some new game to play, sure am planin to get myself new pc this year but it wont be today.
  • xghostx16
    xghostx16 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I have to agree with Sylen. I don't care how old your are. Your on a pc and ever pc gamer should know that, everyone has to update their pc sooner or later. Of course, that up to them.
    My nvidia card is: NVIDIA Gerforce4 MX 4000
    It ran this game fine before and other games like forsaken world perfect! But after this update, we all can't seem to log-in. I think its b/c the log-in screen is to much for are pc's. lol, I just hope they can make it work for us! if its just the log-in screen thats not letting us play... thats kinda weak... Lol
  • bbeluska
    bbeluska Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    All Nvidia Geforce4 MX users should try a newer version lets say one of the GeForce 5 FX series would be the cheep solution, or something similar from ATI i don't know.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ye xghostx16 i have same card like u do
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think it is just all the Geforce4 MX 4000 users that have this problem. :[ but it did work before and I'm sure the game will still work fine! I think its just the log-in screen that is holding us back. I think it would be a pretty easy fix if it is just the log in screen.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well letz hope someone see our isues and will work on it to fix this loadin screan, as i said am stucked on that book and all i can do is listen backround music:D
    its pain in as to read other parts of forum and see how ppl injoyin in new update, they have evn x2 runnin atm.
  • Aquanova - Sanctuary
    Aquanova - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have same problem this is bad... i have been playing this game for over 3years and to be denied it by this update is just not good enough PWI.. b:angryb:angry
    edited February 2012
    Options
    anyways guys this is post made by darthpanda16 before 5 minuts in some other thread
    I am pushing to try and get a new current version game client made ASAP. No ETA. It would be nice if this week, but may be next week. Don't sweat it, we understand the issues!
    so lets just sit back and hope this goona be done soon as posible and it gona fix our isues to.
  • TobiasTiger - Lost City
    TobiasTiger - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am done unless PWI fixes their game. To alienate a LOT of long term players, not just players but also CUSTOMERS, is not good business sense. I playED this game because it was free to play and you could buy gold with game coin. So even me, who is on permanent disability, could afford to play and still do everything anyone who cash shopped could do. That was great and I loved it.

But that is over now. I can't afford to upgrade my computer. I can barely afford my internet connection but what else can I do, being stuck in the house by myself all the time.

So, if PWI says upgrade or don't play then buh-bye PWI.
  • tiger80
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am done unless PWI fixes their game. To alienate a LOT of long term players, not just players but also CUSTOMERS, is not good business sense. I playED this game because it was free to play and you could buy gold with game coin. So even me, who is on permanent disability, could afford to play and still do everything anyone who cash shopped could do. That was great and I loved it.

But that is over now. I can't afford to upgrade my computer. I can barely afford my internet connection but what else can I do, being stuck in the house by myself all the time.

i add my voice to ur voice b:victory
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options

If your done with Perfect World International then why do you keep posting that your done with it? just leave if your done. lol
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Guys, you can't blame PWI/PWE if your video card can't or won't support DirectX 9, you're out of luck. DX9 was released way back in 2004. The game client engine is circa 2004. The game engine was just updated to meet a standard that was set 10 years ago. If your system/video card is that old, it was time to upgrade 5 years ago. (Assuming, that is, that you wish to enjoy games released in the past 4 years.)

Offering support for systems that reached their end-of-life over 5 years ago by industry standards is not cost effective. PW Beijing decided to update the client engine to keep up with newer systems and standards. Unfortunately, this has the side effect of dropping everyone that's just getting by with ancient systems off at the curb.

If you're still running an AGP video card, it's time to think about getting an upgrade. You can get a fairly in-expensive system for just a couple hundred bucks. (Refurbished prices start around $150 for a complete desktop PC system.) Time to stop buying packs and clothing and work a few extra hours for a new computer.

Edit: The GeForce 4 cards that most people are having issues with were released in 2002. It's no wonder that they have issues by something meeting 2004 requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Litor - Archosaur
    Litor - Archosaur Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Guys, you can't blame PWI/PWE if your video card can't or won't support DirectX 9, you're out of luck. DX9 was released way back in 2004. The game client engine is circa 2004. The game engine was just updated to meet a standard that was set 10 years ago. If your system/video card is that old, it was time to upgrade 5 years ago. (Assuming, that is, that you wish to enjoy games released in the past 4 years.)

Offering support for systems that reached their end-of-life over 5 years ago by industry standards is not cost effective. PW Beijing decided to update the client engine to keep up with newer systems and standards. Unfortunately, this has the side effect of dropping everyone that's just getting by with ancient systems off at the curb.

If you're still running an AGP video card, it's time to think about getting an upgrade. You can get a fairly in-expensive system for just a couple hundred bucks. (Refurbished prices start around $150 for a complete desktop PC system.) Time to stop buying packs and clothing and work a few extra hours for a new computer.

Edit: The GeForce 4 cards that most people are having issues with were released in 2002. It's no wonder that they have issues by something meeting 2004 requirements.

Not the issue for me my computer supports directx9 , no errors come up my game just crashes at the log in book.
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Guys, you can't blame PWI/PWE if your video card can't or won't support DirectX 9, you're out of luck. DX9 was released way back in 2002. The game client engine is circa 2004. The game engine was just updated to meet a standard that was set 10 years ago. If your system/video card is that old, it was time to upgrade 5 years ago. (Assuming, that is, that you wish to enjoy games released in the past 4 years.)

Our video cards work fine with DX9. Its just the log-in. If there is some way to get to the game I bet everything would work fine. I do agree that people need to stop raging about how PWI upgraded, they have the right to upgrade if they want! I just think, if its just the log-in screen. why not change it or have some different way to bypass it.
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Not the issue for me my computer supports directx9 , no errors come up my game just crashes at the log in book.

Same thing here. I think the log-in is just to much for our old crapy pc's. lol, but it seems like it would be easy to make a way to skip that part and make a blank screen log-in.
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Edit: The GeForce 4 cards that most people are having issues with were released in 2002. It's no wonder that they have issues by something meeting 2004 requirements.[/QUOTE]

Yes but even using the GeForce4 MX 440 card, I was able to play PWI Genesis and Rising Tide just fine...no problems at all, then along comes this update and now all of the sudden my graphics card isnt good enough?

As I have explained in a few other posts already, yesterday when I did the update and tried to get into the game, I managed to make it all the way to the log in screen...until my computer froze up on me. After pushing the power button to restart, I then started to have software error messages popping up so I had to fully uninstall the entire game and reinstall it...and now...after all that and doing a manual patch this time too- I get to the annoucement screen only before it shuts down on me.

So what happened between yesterday and today? When I was able to get all the way to the log in screen? Yes my system froze on me, even with the lowest graphics settings, but I managed to get that far. Today I cant even get that far without it shutting down on me. I did nothing different except redownload the game. It makes no sense...but if I could a better graphic card I would do that verses a whole new computer just for a graphic card.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jillibaby1 wrote: »
    Yes but even using the GeForce4 MX 440 card, I was able to play PWI Genesis and Rising Tide just fine...no problems at all, then along comes this update and now all of the sudden my graphics card isnt good enough?

As I have explained in a few other posts already, yesterday when I did the update and tried to get into the game, I managed to make it all the way to the log in screen...until my computer froze up on me. After pushing the power button to restart, I then started to have software error messages popping up so I had to fully uninstall the entire game and reinstall it...and now...after all that and doing a manual patch this time too- I get to the annoucement screen only before it shuts down on me.

So what happened between yesterday and today? When I was able to get all the way to the log in screen? Yes my system froze on me, even with the lowest graphics settings, but I managed to get that far. Today I cant even get that far without it shutting down on me. I did nothing different except redownload the game. It makes no sense...but if I could a better graphic card I would do that verses a whole new computer just for a graphic card.

I notice that most of you guys posting your info on this only have 512MB of ram as well. I wonder if that could have something to do with it, because the game uses over a Gig of ram when it's up and running. If you don't have that your system is going to have to work extra hard by dumping data to the pagefile. I'd like to see if anyone with an old P4 and a gig or two of ram is having the same issue with that video card.

I would test it myself, but I finally junked those old PC's a couple of months ago because they were collecting too much dust from lack of use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i do have 1.75gb ram but still experiance same problem as everyone so it aint ram isue, more i would say graphic card and this login screan who dosnt let us in game.
    lol it took me 2 paycheck to buy this pc, was long time of go and even than was crapy pc but expensive lol and rly i upgraided it tilll now so many times, changin and changin new part and replacin em with new ones, i tink i even chainged graphic card long time of go.
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I notice that most of you guys posting your info on this only have 512MB of ram as well. I wonder if that could have something to do with it, because the game uses over a Gig of ram when it's up and running. If you don't have that your system is going to have to work extra hard by dumping data to the pagefile. I'd like to see if anyone with an old P4 and a gig or two of ram is having the same issue with that video card.

I would test it myself, but I finally junked those old PC's a couple of months ago because they were collecting too much dust from lack of use.

I also have 1.5 gigs of RAM.