Descent v612 update - Can't Patch, Invisible Chars, .dll error, HELP!

Options

Comments

• oloio
    oloio Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    any torrent for the new patch available??? it keeps freezing at 600mb when i download this patch
    Aquarius Server ID 6520196G070006056002446S3f8fb2

Use it when u create ur Character ,Add me to friend list and ill try to help u out..
    Looking for Disciples too ..HAVE FUN :D
  • Triandi - Raging Tide
    Triandi - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    error messages:

"the application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found.Re-installing the application may fix this problem!"

verifying went without any troubles yet it keeps telling that something is missing.

Is it possible to post a link for the missing libraries?
  • Foxmeko - Dreamweaver
    Foxmeko - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ^ what they said, i downloaded it but stuck it in downloads and when i start the game it still says i need directX, where am i ment to ut the files?

what i did is make another random file in my documents and just unpacked it all in there and it works and all but once i log on you can't see yourself or other players or npc still trying to see how to fix that, one of my faction member said verify your files i started to but its taking WAY to long so i will have to do it later because i have to go now
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay so i had same DirectX error than many of you are posting here, missing file d3dx9_42.dll and this is what i didto make the game work:
    Update windows, Start>All programs>windows updates.
    If you are still getting the error message about some files missing, google DirectX 9.0 with r windows version and reinstall the whole DirectX thingy.
    Don't forget to restart comp after installation.
    Good luck you all!!!
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • CandyShop - Lothranis
    CandyShop - Lothranis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Same here.
    Game updated on manual patch, installed the DirectX9.0c also runetime version but when do i start game i have the message about it needs DirectX9.0, i reinstalled, restart pc but still nothing... i cannot play now after like 5 hours waiting for update complete.....
    the error msg i got is: missing file d3dx9_42.dll

Got exactly same message :(
  • Marlach - Sanctuary
    Marlach - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a problem not sure where to post it but after i patched pwi and logged in successfully but my character and all npc and other players are not visible how do i fix this problem? b:cry please help me fix this

Im having the same problem. Haven't figured out what to do about it yet.
  • Tariff - Raging Tide
    Tariff - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    All that time to down load, i mean ive played PW for 3 years or so, now it wont load at all. I downloaded the directx update and it still wont run. Thank you for spoiling the game.

Edit: I have tried everything suggested here. >_> this blows.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you get invisible NPCs and that dll message error, then install the DirectX Redistributable linked and it should fix things for you.

Then try updating the game and logging in and see how things go for you.

How many of you actually read my first post? b:sad
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you have any other weird issues, please see my wall of text b:victory

----

Please restart your PC and network hardware first and try again.

Here is some information that can help you.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

After you get the game updated and get in game, you can uninstall Pando Media Booster or shut it down (PMB.exe in Windows Task Manager) if you start getting unusual lag spikes, system resource problems, bandwidth issues, or other network issues. Info about pando issues: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4042

You may need to update or install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You may need to update your version of Windows, also may need to update to the latest version of DirectX and Internet Explorer 8 or 9 with Javascript enabled. You may also need to check or change your network settings. In addition, you should check that your CPU, mainboard, and CPU drivers are updated if applicable.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well i rly never had any problems and i always used autoupdate without downloadin manualy, sure it takes longer but for me it was beter, genesis was to big patch but still didnt had isues, and now all i cann see after loadin screan is some book which i cant open or whatever is needed, game freeze. am verifyin game and it gona take me proly 6 to 7 hours, uh.
  • Sticky_Paws - Raging Tide
    Sticky_Paws - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Same here with genisis. There were no problems.

I downloaded and installed the dirX.

And now when I try and open it, it say 'Enter game fails'.

Ive had enough of this messing around.
    Product: 1361 ZEN
    Amount Paid: 100000 GBP b:shocked
  • William_Fly - Archosaur
    William_Fly - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have updated the game ran the patches and downloaded the directX 9.0c a hundred times and yet it still tells me i need it every single time. I don't know what else to and i am seriously wondering if it is worth this trouble.
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Correction i got the thing to start downloading but it says it fails to meet some windows logo testing thing and shuts the download down.
  • birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So I do the wait for two hours while the new version uploads. Then it tells me that I need directx. I downloaded directx and restarted my computer, but PW is still telling me that I need directxb:cry
  • Trojax - Momaganon
    Trojax - Momaganon Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well guys, after more than 5 hours finally my launcher upgraded the game from Genesis to Descent, but unfortunately I get this n00bie message when I click on start:

ElementClient.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix the problem

Then the process terminates.

C'mon, it took me 3 hours to download the Genesis client, 30 minutes to install it, another 5 hours to upgrade it... ...?!
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    MysLibby - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Correction i got the thing to start downloading but it says it fails to meet some windows logo testing thing and shuts the download down.

I got this too.
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm not going to be happy if I'm not able to play, because I have an old Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and it won't let me download the latest DirectX version because it says it's 'not compatible' with the windows XP logo. I'm not sure what that means but this will surely ruin the game for me if i can't play.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Its weird because its a Microsoft app and Microsoft is blocking it from downloading as far as i can tell.
  • Submariner - Lothranis
    Submariner - Lothranis Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOL
    ROFL

and alot of others, so now its microsoft fault?
    b:angry
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why not Microsoft screws up alot anyway. I wouldn't put it past them to block one of their own programs by accident.
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Try using the 580-612 manual patch to help solve patch issues.

Make sure that you update your DirectX with the link provided, and your version of Windows has to be Genuine (working theory for MS updates).

You may need to pause or disable your anitvirus or firewall software.

You may need to update your video drivers too.
  • palookaville
    palookaville Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    elementskills.dll corrupt....
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @Darthpanda

Patching the expansion went pretty quick and easy this morning.

Now when I go to the log in screen and when I actually log in...my graphics go going crazy and I mean bonkers crazy.... can't play under those conditions. x.x

Is there any solution to this problem? Maybe verifying the files? x.x
  • Submariner - Lothranis
    Submariner - Lothranis Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why not Microsoft screws up alot anyway. I wouldn't put it past them to block one of their own programs by accident.

b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    b:angry
  • Trojax - Momaganon
    Trojax - Momaganon Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The Perfect World Engineers should bear in mind the fact that many players use a "weak" PC to play Perfect World International, and based on that fact, the game quality or the required computer performance list should remain as it was while you work on the next Patch. Making the game "unavailable" for some people is not fair! By the way, I consider this a fail for the PW Engineers. An Engineer must test his project over 100 times, to not slide at this point which is unpleasant for the costumers.
  • MysLibby - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Okay now it's letting me download DirectX 9.0 but it's stuck at 2 bars at Copying Files. Now I don't even know if it's going to actually install.
  • roxypik
    roxypik Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what the "enter game fails" might be from??? I reinstalled and repatched like 5 times already and thats HARD, trust me. When u spend at least 2 hours for updating once. All good it updates to version 612 but when I click start it freezes a bit and i get "enter game fails" on client window. I get no Dx9.0/dll errors, nothing. Just wont open client. I tried both manually and auto-update. It updates normally w/o any pop up error. b:surrender Spent ALL day trying to log.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:cry
  • roxypik
    roxypik Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I DID EETTTT!!! Whoever has the enter game fails error with everything ok and no other pop-ups during/after patching install the Microsoft Visual C++ . It worked for me.b:victoryb:victory
This discussion has been closed.