[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 2-14-2012 [COMPLETE]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Servers are coming down tonight from 11pm-3am!

All maintenance and patch discussion can go in this thread.

And for tonight's question:

Out of all the new things coming in the expansion, which are you most excited about?
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    PWI: Descent Patch Notes
    Version 612
    Released February 15, 2012

Notice:

1) Due to possible issues with the patcher taking a long time to fully update the client, we suggest that players use the manual patches to update. They can be found at:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

2) The game engine has been updated to utilize DirectX 9.0c. If you encounter an error that states "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42 was not found" you will need to update your DirectX End-User Runtime. It is located at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Content
    Elysium Village lies in ruins!
    Discover the mystery in the new realm: Morai.

New Realm: Morai
    Epic zone for characters Lv95+ and Aware of Vacuity Spiritual Cultivation.

2 New Dungeons await!
    - The Murid dungeon is a light-hearted romp through a rat den. If you know where to look, you yourself can become a rat!
    - The Endless Universe dungeon is a test of cooperation for any 8 to 10-person group (see below). Players must first complete the main Morai storyline to unlock this daily dungeon. In addition, groups comprising of 10 different classes will gain a special buff when attempting this dungeon.

3 new Orders
    Each Order is a group of Moraians who share a distinct philosophical approach. They offer specialized rewards for every class. Players will be introduced to all three as part of the main questline. Speak to their respective Elders to join.

New Skills
    New skill-books for every class have been introduced to enhance gameplay and balance. They are primarily obtained from the Orders' quartermasters.

New Gear
    Morai hosts new sets of gear with 2 new stats:
    Slaying increases player damage dealt by a percentage when combating NPCs.
    Warding decreases player damage taken by a percentage when receiving damage from NPCs.
    These apply to NPCs both in and out of dungeons. Neither of these stats will affect players in PvP.

New Emissary quests
    Lv90+ Emissary quests are available and located in the new Camps in Morai. You must belong to a camp in order to receive these new quests.

Chimei Treasure Hunting
    A group of Chimeis have recently befriended the people of Perfect World. Located in main cities, these Treasure Hunter Chimeis offer mid-level characters and above a daily quest to locate treasure boxes. Will you find a prized valuable or a deadly end?

The Lucid Chest event
    This event is slated to start with the release of PWI: Descent and will continue for a limited amount of time. Look for these Lucid NPCs in the racial cities for prizes based on Level and Spiritual Cultivation. Refer to our news post on this event for more info.

New Venomancer pet
    In central Morai lie the remnants of a long-forgotten elder dragon: Derjan. Derjan died valiantly to save his clutch of eggs. The eggs lied dormant and became fossilized with time, only to be brought to "life" by the magic seeping through Morai. Most of these fossilized hatchlings are tainted with spite for the living. Occasionally, a rare egg will hatch with an untainted hatchling. Will you locate and foster an Ancient Derjan's Hatchling with love?

Balance

Seeker
    Saber Rattle no longer costs Mirage Celestones.
    Krav Maga no longer costs Mirage Celestones.
    Seeker damage skills have had their damage output increased slightly.

Mystic
    Mystic pet summon skills have had their MP slightly lowered.

System
    Squad Changes

The group limit has been increased to 10 players.
    New Morai dungeons may be attempted with 10 players.
    Current Perfect World instances are still capped at 6 players.

Misc
    Players with a flyer equipped will automatically enable flight mode when Auto-pathing to a location with an obstacle in the way.

UI
    The camera mode (F9) now has 1x - 8x resolution modes for screenshots saved as .bmp files. This is in contrast to the PrintScreen button, which saves screenshots in .jpg file format.
    The quest tracker now has scrolling and auto-routing functions.

Gameplay Fixes
    The Psychic's "Ancestor: Sol" 3-piece set bonus now correctly grants 1,500 Soulforce.
    Venomancers may no longer (under certain conditions) cast spells while in their animal form.
    Fixed a bug where players were able to enable Caster Nirvana multiple times a day.
    The Faction Base Guardian Trials may now be initiated by the Faction's Marshals, save for Trial 6.

Known Issues
    Players level 1-29 can, once again, be PKed in Secret Passage. This is fixed internally, but will require a content patch in order to fix on Live. Please be patient. orz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    2nd :3?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Guddah - Archosaur
    Guddah - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sounds good, can't wait!

I only wish they were adding more low-level content.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm actually excited about getting new gear and new instances to run at end game. New skills don't hurt either, looking forward to the expansion. (for once)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hm, skills. Can't waiiit :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    skills :o
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    4 hours maint ? O.o...dang...

As for question :

Well my BM and barb are getting good skills..

PvE armor-wep looks fine too..

Not sure my gf will like "Metal Mage Mode" on her cleric though, she can't live whitout seeing everyones hp bar full, but oh well..

Most of it sounds good to me..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A thread on the expansion maintenance...really
  • Jellytops - Heavens Tear
    Jellytops - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The Order-thingy, and new areas to explore b:pleased
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • Icehart - Lost City
    Icehart - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Please be a new exp instance, I'm so tired of frost.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    New STUFF =) I want new Instances to play in Yaaay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    New Gear. If it works with the older content, things will be quite interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm eagerly awaiting all the new bugs this expansion will bring us!

I can' t wait to experiment all of them!!!!!! b:dirty
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The ability to fly naked...Er I mean new skills!

As a dedicated cleric I vow never to misuse the new skills given to me except in dire situations where sins are bullying the noobs. Then I will destroy them outright and without hesitation for that is my destiny. Long live the Elven Race.

Any chance of getting early info aka Proper translations before or during and not after the maintenance?
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Actually I think this whole expansion sounds pretty awesome :]
    New gear, new skills, new instances to explore \o/
    And well... a reason to bother to lvling my veno again (after almost a year of being lvl 90 o_o; Been lvl 90 since May 2011)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Not sure my gf will like "Metal Mage Mode" on her cleric though[...]
    Must... resist... trolling
    XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Unless this maintenance removes Tideborns from existence it is fail.
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    XD

A GM troll? Marry me b:dirty
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I want to check out that new gear and area.

The poor Village. . .they killed the Crazy Stone NPC. b:cry
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    XD

LMFAOb:laugh

The new skills will take weeks to get, Ima say the new instances and bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Nigoshi - Raging Tide
    Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    does this mean the jones' blessing page and the dq rewards page will be down for a number of days too? :D
    Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey all,

Servers are coming down tonight from 11pm-3am!

All maintenance and patch discussion can go in this thread.

And for tonight's question:

Out of all the new things coming in the expansion, which are you most excited about?

Wait, 11pm to 3am? It's never taken more then 2 hours for any of the other patches.... was that a mistype?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Cloudmuffin - Archosaur
    Cloudmuffin - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm excited about the new mounts/flyers.. and the new instance. I hope it rocks . b:victory
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Skills.

Although the PvE to get the skills hsould provide for more occupied days of play, which is good too, assuming it isn't as boring as hell.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I want to check out that new gear and area.

The poor Village. . .they killed the Crazy Stone NPC. b:cry

They brought it on themselves Perhaps if they looked for a solution to their barrier issue, they wouldnt have gotten roasted~ *waits outside of the village to view the massacre when it occurs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    XD

Well, see..I don't want to argue with you but i'll state my point of view.. Me and her aren't into PvP nor TW, we are 100% PvE. And in any squad we are in, as soon as someone loses hp, if she isn't in BB , she'll throw a IH his/her way. Asking her to stop healing for a 20 sec debuff that increases crit.. or a 8 secs long deaden nerves (which will never happen , considering she keeps everyone as full as possible) is like asking a sin to stop using BP...

Some cleric skills ARE good for TW, PvP and such, but until truely tested, doesn't sound much into the hands of a pure healing cleric..

Guess we'll see though, I might stand corrected :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'll be honest, I hope the EXP instance is good, I'm not putting it to high standards, but if you can reasonably reach 105, I would be ok with it.

The new skills are nice as well, damn you for making me actually want to play again.....for a few days. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Atonements - Raging Tide
    Atonements - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    old skills getting altered too? 0.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bored. b:lipcurl
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16083921&postcount=21

For anyone who pre-patched and experieces a missing DLL that's it.

Curious as to why this wasn't installed by the patch, but then again it's only made for patching the game files I guess.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In all seriousness, will there be anything general that the level 95+ can do in this "expansion"? and I don't mean something for 95+, but need to pretty much be level 100 with some uber refined gear to actually "enjoy"? or splash out a load of coin to participate in?

My bet is it's going to add nothing much to do still and still be stuck doing FC because the devs STILL can't think of a new genuine way to level up that's worth the time, that's one of the main problems in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*